• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    then the remake comes around then people will start making remake of that remake for the gba >.< hahaha

Or maybe someone should remake B/W for old no-color Game Boy so they will be literally black and white games LOL.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'm sorry, but don't you think you're coming off as kind of desperate and obsessive by pointing to random pictures that a background artist drew and stuff in the games that share similar colours to things from Ruby and Sapphire?

It's not like that kind of river doesn't exist in real life, and the background artworks are provided by artists from other studios that OLM (the main production studio) contract with.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm sorry, but don't you think you're coming off as kind of desperate and obsessive by pointing to random pictures that a background artist drew and stuff in the games that share similar colours to things from Ruby and Sapphire?

It's not like that kind of river doesn't exist in real life, and the background artworks are provided by artists from other studios that OLM (the main production studio) contract with.

It's not really obsessive to point out some things that are similar. Pokemon production even if is divided into several studios is one company after all. Every studio is more of less informed about main companies future plans so everybody can make hints even background artists.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]This was pointed out in another forum just thought I would share, over all it's arguable if this is a hint or not, like the green pokeball in HG/SS Pokemon center and the fact the three legends of hoenn are in HG/SS, the emerald mine in the B/W gym (the 7th one I think), Steven giving you a choice of the hoenn starters, latios and latias in HG/SS, and even Steven appearing in the first place, that whole event can't be considered a hint, and last but certainly not least the go go goggles guy in unnva whom I'm sure you heard about.

But this is all a coincidence right? I'm not making fun of your opinion or anything, this is all too obvious to even be considered a coincidence![/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]I ment to put *can* be considered a coincidence[/SIZE]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think there's another reason why R/S remakes should be before third game.

Look at the Battle Frontiers. They didn't want to put one in FR/LG so they released those games before Emerald. I guess they wanted to put Frontier in HG/SS so they released Platinum first and simply copied it's Frontier to HG/SS with small changes.

Since Emerald has already it's own Battle Frontier it would make sense to release R/S remakes first with that old Frontier and later in third game to make completely new one.

3rd gen Battle Frontier was said in anime to be in Kanto. So who knows? Maybe there will be Kanto one more time in R/S remakes?

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    That would be interesting to see them put BF in Kanto, however if they were to remake it, I'm sure it would stay in the same location of "random island"

I'm wondering what Pokemon are going to make an apperence in terms of legendary. I assume Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Grodoun, Kygore, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios.

I have some curious thoughts though

Will Jirachi be in any involvment? Maybe its own even island
    Will Regigigas take any part with the three regis being here?
    What other legendarys will be imported (As SS/HG and Pt added a few)

I'm also curious how the roles on the "3rd game content" from emerald will take place. With the division of the games

To be honest, I'd like it better if it was just an Emerald remake with the ability to catch Rayquaza at lv47. Like maybe "Ok, Rayquaza just stooped the two legendarys from destroying everything, now you gotta go fight it". Or something like that. I felt the plot was a lot more stronger with both teams at each others neck. However, Ruby and Saphire has the teams doing things they wouldn't do (I haven't played R/S in a while, so bare with me here) Like in Ruby where the unleash Grodoun in an underwater cave or where Team Aqua wants to throw the meteorite down the volcano.
    I think that if you wanted to make the plot make sense, you either got to rewrite it to make sense (Like keep the bases where they are in Emerald and give Team Aqua something to do in Mt.Metor (name?)

I would also perfer Steven to be the champion of the game. He is better in my honest opinion as he follows you around (some what), while Wallace doesn't appear until the world is getting destroyed. In past gens, the Champion kind of follows you around a bit, even in R/B/Y you have the champion at you. Its kind of a nitpick, but it is something I'd like to see.

With the contests, this is kind of the opposite of the thread. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of evidence of those sticking around anymore. I guess they can do battle tents, and have a "music hall" or whatever they did in B/W. If they do contests, I say make them have something worth it. Make them playable through wi-fi. That would be pretty cool to see, would bring a bit of competive-ness through that field. Granted, I doubt people are interested in dress up.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this post, but these are just thoughts and questions I have for R/S/E remake

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Will Jirachi be in any involvment? Maybe its own even island
    Will Regigigas take any part with the three regis being here?
    What other legendarys will be imported (As SS/HG and Pt added a few)

There's a white rock put in Mossdeep City. It's said to be put as the wish for space rockets to fly safely. So maybe Jirachi will have something to do with it as it's a Pokemon which can make wishes come true.

Regigigas can be unlocked after all three Regis are caught.

My idea of catching Deoxys is that player will be able to fly in rocket from Mossdeep to a space station which will be attacked by Deoxys. After catching it or beating it player will be able to return to Hoenn. And after that flying to space station will be available all the time to have another chance to catch Deoxys.

I'm also curious how the roles on the "3rd game content" from emerald will take place. With the division of the games

I think Team Aqua and Magma will have the same roles like in Emerald in both remakes. It's pointless to back to the old R/S storylines.

The difference might be after battle in Sootopolis. After Rayquaza and one of mascots escapes the other one will be still active (Groudon in Ruby remake and Kyogre in Sapphire remake). It will be chance to catch it.

TwiDragon

Years
    ^That would be awesome.
    Imagine if there was a tutor for wish :D

I imagine that it will be done in BF. Its a lot more nicer when its in there :)

Also, for TMs
    1 - Rock Tomb
    2 - Bulk Up
    3 - Charge Beam or Volt Switch
    4 - Overheat
    5 - Facade
    6 - Aerial Ace
    7 - Calm Mind
    8 - Scald

Besides 8 and 3, these are pretty much the same from Gen 3. Shock Wave and Water Pulse where low leveled TMs. Scald is a strong move and Volt Switch seems like the kind of move you would get at that level (maybe)

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd love to see Team Aqua & Magma in a remake and I'm sure they will both be involved in some sort of plot which I hope is extended to a further storyline.

I think you're probably right about the TM's there.. whether they will return to Facade for Norman however I don't know, maybe something like Work Up?

TwiDragon

Years
    There is already two stat boosting TMs (Calm Mind and Bulk Up), and you normally get Facade by that point in other games (right?, may be wrong)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The emerald BF is by far my favorite Battle Frontier, I hope they keep it exactly how it was in Emerald.. a few additions would be cool too though. The wishing rock on Mosdeep just has to be for Jirachi in the remakes, it just seems too random to be there for nothing. I just want these remade so badly, Im replaying through Emerald and its just amazing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I really think that there will be champion Steven in Ruby remake and Wallace in Sapphire remake. I found R/S/E champion encounter theme greatly done in B/W soundfont:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXDX2UO7yKY

I think that part from 0.03 to 0.16 should be used before battling Steven because it sound harder and is fitting for steel, rock and ground types.

Part from from 0.16 to 0.30 should be used before battling Wallace because it sounds more like surfing across the ocean and is fitting for water types. This part is used in this fan made hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAB-TdOxaU&feature=related .

TwiDragon

Years
    Besides BF and the legendarys, I wonder what other post-game content there will be
    At first BF was new and it gave a long lentghy post-game; Now it feels like its just there.

I hope there is something that you can do outside of Legendarys ,BF, and a few opened up areas here and there. Hoen has the most islands, and is the only region to require part of the games routes be on water for more than a short passage.

I think there should be something like the sevii islands from FR/LG. It would give option for other pokemon and give opprotunity for legendary islands such as birth island to be given

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Post game could be really fun. Along with the BF and legendaries, I hope the contests stay similiar to the originals(with wifi contests added), secret bases have a lot more added to give them even more use and be more fun, and I hope we see the return of Pokethlon(really loved that).

Like has been said, I really hope the surrounding islands have more use. Hoenn just screams 'make me even better!'.

Also, does anyone hope that whole 'trendy word' thing in Dewford gets more use? I also found that kind of fun.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They could expand to a new area considering there is an awfully large amount of space in Hoenn on i.e the Water Routes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    What would everyone's ideal list of legendaries + locations be?

Mine would be:

In the remakes I think the legends we'll see are:
    1. Kyogre/Groudon - Cave Of Origin
    2. Latios/Latias - Wild
    3. Mew - Faraway Island
    4. Ho-Oh - Navel Rock
    5. Lugia - Navel Rock
    6. Deoxys - Birth Island
    7. Regice/Regirock/Registeel - I would like them to be in different locations throughout Hoenn this time after you awaken them.
    8. Rayquaza - Sky Pillar

Those are from the original R/S/E games, but in the remakes I think we'll also see:
    9. Dialga/Palkia - New cave in new area
    10. Jirachi - Mosdeep City Wishing Rock
    11. Regigigas - New cave in new area
    12. Keldeo - New Island
    13. Kyurem - Meteor Falls

I've always felt a legendary should be in Meteor Falls somewhere, so they could add a new section to Meteor Falls for one and Kyurem could be fitting for it I guess.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]Our hopes of this being announced lays with the corocoro scan coming out January 14th, I hope it's not more info on the Pokemon crossover thing O.o[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]Our hopes of this being announced lays with the corocoro scan coming out January 14th, I hope it's not more info on the Pokemon crossover thing O.o[/SIZE]
    I really hope that too, they wouldn't say there's a new Pokemon game to be revealed in January Corocoro if it's about Pokemon + nobunga's ambition, instead they would say there will be more information about it in January Corocoro.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back