• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The only reason the RS remakes need to come out first is because of their 10th anniversary release. Besides that there really isn't any other reason against Gray coming our first. Unless the 15th movie features a whole lotta Hoenn Pokemon, that could be a hint to whichever game is getting released first. but we'll know before the movie premiers.

Either way, I have to have a year and them some for the next game -_-'

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I've just fought of another possibility.
    Like I posted on third game speculation thread new form of Kyurem most probably will be combined with Reshiram and Zekrom. So that means both of them would must appear in movie 15 if they want to show new form of Kyurem in this movie. But they just appeared in movie 14!

We know that movie 15 will feature old Kyurem, Musketer trio and probably Keldeo. I think it would be too much to put along with them Reshiram, Zekrom and new Kyurem in one movie.

What I think now is that in movie 15 they will just show old Kyurem and Musketers. They all are available in B/W. Keldeo in not available but it's hidden in B/W scripts so they could just make Keldeo event without releasing Grey.

I think now that it's possible they will release R/S remakes on their 10th anniversary in autumn 2012 and later in July 2013 they will release movie 16 with new form of Kyurem, Reshiram, Zekrom and maybe Meloetta and Genesect. And finally in september 2013 they will release Grey. I don't think that Hoenn Pokemon will appear in any new movie or anime episodes because it would ruin Unova's separation from other regions. Do you think it's all possible?

Last edited:

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    I'm just thinking of how the 3DS's technology will change the main series games. We might get 3D sprites or AR battles. Maybe even an adjustable camera or something. RSE was the first game I really got into (over 200 hours on Emerald alone!) and if I get a 3D remake, I will not be seen or heard from for a long time.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I see an R/S remake being a big step-up if its going to be the first mainstream on the 3DS and hopefully people will appreciate Hoenn more.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Like I posted on third game speculation thread new form of Kyurem most probably will be combined with Reshiram and Zekrom. So that means both of them would must appear in movie 15 if they want to show new form of Kyurem in this movie. But they just appeared in movie 14!

We know that movie 15 will feature old Kyurem, Musketer trio and probably Keldeo. I think it would be too much to put along with them Reshiram, Zekrom and new Kyurem in one movie.

What I think now is that in movie 15 they will just show old Kyurem and Musketers. They all are available in B/W. Keldeo in not available but it's hidden in B/W scripts so they could just make Keldeo event without releasing Grey.

I think now that it's possible they will release R/S remakes on their 10th anniversary in autumn 2012 and later in July 2013 they will release movie 16 with new form of Kyurem, Reshiram, Zekrom and maybe Meloetta and Genesect. And finally in september 2013 they will release Grey. I don't think that Hoenn Pokemon will appear in any new movie or anime episodes because it would ruin Unova's separation from other regions. Do you think it's all possible?

So antagonist has all 3 Hoenn starters, he's from Hoenn or got them from a visit. Or Someone else but that's the way I see it. If they are implemented in any way, RS remakes before Grey. But like I said earlier, we'll know what game will be coming out before the movie.

But I agree with what you said, I also mentioned it, a Dragon Trio movie after this one showing how they split from Kyurem etc. No, no, it'll be a saga with N on the Anime :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'm just thinking of how the 3DS's technology will change the main series games. We might get 3D sprites or AR battles. Maybe even an adjustable camera or something. RSE was the first game I really got into (over 200 hours on Emerald alone!) and if I get a 3D remake, I will not be seen or heard from for a long time.

It's easy enough to imagine the game could resemble Colosseum and XD because, well, the 3D graphics data for the all the Pokémon has already been made. That would be a massive load off their backs, because why would they want their artists to do such a massive amount of work again just to reinvent the wheel?

AR functionality too, was already programmed into Pokédex 3D, so there's a substantial amount of work already done to put it into battles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021

That's very true. I really don't see Zekrom & Reshiram being in this movie, since like you said, they were just in a movie and there are already too many legendary pokemon in the new Kyurem movie. It makes sense really, since they can just release the Kyurem event since its already in the game.

I hope you're right, its a really good argument as to why R/S remakes could be released first. Releasing the remakes around the 10th anniversary would be perfect to hype up the game, not to mention that it'll be Pokemon's 15th anniversary all together.

blue

gucci
    Years
    On terms of graphics an R/S remake would be essential because comparing the BW graphics to RSE graphics is on a completely different scale plus Hoenn would look great like that.

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
    I hated the RSE graphics, but loved the gameplay so a remake would be great in my opinion. I just hope that Ruby gets a redesign because I personally never liked his clothes.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    B/W are literally last-generation graphics.

We can aim far higher.

I think they're pretty darn good for the DS, especially considering they are trying to keep it on the cartoony side.

I am kinda bothered by the zoomed in pixilated back sprites, however I do foresee them changing that. I could even see them just pulling the screen back a little bit, as it could be seen a pretty good improvement without really requiring an work or money

blue

gucci
    Years
    To go towards Colosseum like graphics on a DS would be a step too far for me, I'm just comfortable with BW graphics as they are currently and would perfectly suit an RS remake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I think they're pretty darn good for the DS, especially considering they are trying to keep it on the cartoony side.

I am kinda bothered by the zoomed in pixilated back sprites, however I do foresee them changing that. I could even see them just pulling the screen back a little bit, as it could be seen a pretty good improvement without really requiring an work or money

That doesn't change the fact they were working to limits of tech that was six years old at the time - now a last-generation games system.

From Crystal to Ruby and from Emerald to Diamond we saw big jumps in the visual quality that let them show off the world in more ways than they were ever able to before. The 3DS is certainly no exception, mainly because it has been shown to be able to cope with large open areas with fully 3D graphics that the DS would've needed to dramatically cut down on detail to handle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It makes sense really, since they can just release the Kyurem event since its already in the game.

You mean Keldeo not Kyurem, right?
    It would be very good promotion for movie 15 because people will want to have fourth musketer Keldeo after they see it in trailer or in movie.

BTW I hope designs of May and Brendan will be more similar to R/S ones. Designs in Emerald are a bit too colorful imo even though I have them in my signature lol.

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]Look at that image from episode 3 of the B/W and think about it... It looks like the team aqua logo! I'm pretty darn sure this is a hint![/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm sure it's just a one off coincidence because I doubt they would hide hints in the Anime but it certainly does look similar.

Why wouldn't they put hints in anime? Like I said there are no previous gens' Pokemon in Unova's anime and movies so hints like that are the only ones they are able to make.

Also Bianca's clothes colors (green and orange) are a bit like May's from Emerald both in games and anime.

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
    Years
    then the remake comes around then people will start making remake of that remake for the gba >.< hahaha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back