• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, yes I would definetely buy it if it comes out. But I doubt it will come out and/or come out in another 5 years lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    *fast forwarding to 2015/16*

So we should TOTALLY get remake's of Black and White. Would bring back so many memories!

But yeah, seriously, RSE deserve a remake. HGSS has Kanto in them, so Nintendo wouldn't really do that for a long time. RBY/FRLG remakes would bring back memories but now it's just not worth it.

i think you mean 2020, bro.

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • I loved Ruby and Saphire, they're probably my favorite versions. I think the fact BW has Dive as an HM is a pretty big give away that an RSE remake is on the cards.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't think they will be called Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire seeing as Groundon isn't a Magma Pokemon, but then again, what do Ho-Oh and Lugia have to do with Heart and Soul respectively.

I was thinking along the lines of Dry Ruby and Wet Sapphire though the latter doesn't sound so hot. So Solid Ruby and Liquid Sapphire, in terms of state of matter (Rayquaza being gas as in air). But they could make a trio based on that in future games.

Also, I don't want them to replace May and Brendan so what we the story be? A carbon-copy? No one would want that. So I was thinking that they failed the Hoenn League, traveled to other regions, failed, then come back to start all over again. So it can appeal to a new audience. They are older. Regarding Gym Leaders, maybe they'll all say "Oh I recognise you, this Gym has changed a lot since you last came, it won't be easy" etc. And Wally is League Champion after so long. Brendan/May will be more rivalry, the other person stayed in Hoenn, stopped training to help Prof. Birch more, but upon seeing the other person, wants to start over again. Steven is there too. No Isshu Pokemon will be in the wild, but maybe be imported to the Safari zone. The team will be Sky Team, after Rayquaza? Or Magma and Aqua come back...

That's all :)

I miss Hoenn :(

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Yes! I would love them. I think Hoenn has best Pokemon desings (Blaziken, Banette, Salamence, Swalot, Linoone and many others) and I love ocean routes. Also, Emerald Battle Frontier was better than Gen 4.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I think they should remake it for the money (never fails) and also so we don't have to worry about our Internal Battery's in our RSE games.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I'd love it if they remake Ruby & Sapphire! I think after the third game in the B&W series comes out they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire. So many things hint to it, like the green(emerald) flashes on the bottom battle screen in HG/SS, or the red/blue backgrounds on the bottom battle screen, DIVE returning in B&W too. There's more but I can't think of them, lol. They remade every other game, so there isn't a reason not to do Ruby and Sapphire.

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't think they will be called Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire seeing as Groundon isn't a Magma Pokemon, but then again, what do Ho-Oh and Lugia have to do with Heart and Soul respectively.

I'm thinking they were just picking what sounded good.

I would love to see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

They were my first games, and my favorite generation.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'd love it if they remake Ruby & Sapphire! I think after the third game in the B&W series comes out they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire. So many things hint to it, like the green(emerald) flashes on the bottom battle screen in HG/SS, or the red/blue backgrounds on the bottom battle screen, DIVE returning in B&W too. There's more but I can't think of them, lol. They remade every other game, so there isn't a reason not to do Ruby and Sapphire.

Yes! Yes! Red and Blue! That's it! I've been wondering what those colours in Lance's League room meant! Thank you!!! :D

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • I'd buy it I still love emerald but I would like to have the extra tm's and moves of later games. Of the pokemon native to each region, Hoenn has A LOT of my fav's(probably in the area of 75%)
    And lets be honest we are all pokemon fans here and will more likely than not buy it as said its all about the $money$

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes! Yes! Red and Blue! That's it! I've been wondering what those colours in Lance's League room meant! Thank you!!! :D

They could also be referencing Red/Blue, where "we" (not me personally, I did that in LeafGreen in '08) first challenged Lance :P

Or they could be because they're "royal" colours, and the gold and red all around the Indigo Plateau and Lance's room makes it seem very "royal"....and as Champion, the most powerful trainer around (Except for Red, and then you, once you beat Red, and I guess Silver, thanks to your double-match, where Silver normally outlasts me), he's basically the king, as he could do what he wanted really.

Sorry to put a downer on it...I've never noticed that as a hint....I guess because on the battle screen you have Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow boxes...I assumed it referenced the original 4.

matt steel

some randomer...
    Years
  • i wasnt too keen on third gen...probably because back then i wasnt used to all the weather etc. but now i would probably enjoy a remade version. Let's hope theyre jirachi and deoxys spaceshuttle works this time round lol

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Let's hope theyre jirachi and deoxys spaceshuttle works this time round lol

Lol. I remember that rumor. "Talk to the scientist and when he says the rocket has launched 100 times you can go in space", or something like that. Imagine that as an event O:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I do hope they improve the rival. I mean, Brendan/May didn't even get to the final evolution stage of their starter. That's kinda sad. The last battle with them is in Lilycove, and unless you ditched your starter, are doing an NFE run, or just hate training it that much, you're more than likely to have your starter at its last stage.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    They should remake it and perhaps add an extra area featuring more Kanto/Johto pokemon :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • They should remake it and perhaps add an extra area featuring more Kanto/Johto pokemon

Oh yes, definitely. :) I would like a little bit more in the Hoenn Dex, similar to what they did for Platinum and HGSS, allowing new Evos and such. And don't forget, Isshu Pokemon could also be included too. However, from what I understand, Isshu Pokemon are "exotic" or something and that's why they're so radically different from other region's Pokemon, and Isshu is really far away from other regions as well. But Game Freak would probably find a way to put them in there, like what they did with HGSS' Hoenn/Sinnoh Sounds on the PokeGear. And older Pokemon are in Isshu anyway, so...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Ouch, my long post was ignored xD Regarding the incldement of Isshu Pokemon, they'll be in the Safari Zone, imported from Isshu ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back