• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
  • Crystal's addition didn't change the main story of Gold and Silver.

Emerald was a complete copy of Ruby and Sapphire with both stories mixed into one. Ruby and Sapphire were the only games in the Pokemon series that are heavily effected by their stories as there is never any mention of the opposite legendary except at two minor excerpt. Aqua played a very minor role in Ruby and Magma played a very minor role in Sapphire. Increase their roles and they become Emerald.

I also never said anything about Battle Frontiers. Post game events don't effect what makes the game unique. Post game events are always the same boring thing so there is hardly ever any reason for them to pop up when discussing the main story.

Emerald's lump Plot completely trumps Ruby/Sapphire individual plots. If they remaking Ruby/Sapphire there won't be much change to the original story, not that there was anything in the story that needs to be changed.

That's all true, but in HG/SS, there were some minor fillings in the story of each, from each other.
    Wouldn't it be wise expecting both RS remakes to have storylines that are more look-alike with Emeald's story, since it is more complete?
    I've played Sapphire and Emerald, and I've got a good grasp on Ruby's, so that's how I think it will pop out.

AAaaaaand I know some people probably have alredy asked about this, but the date and hour for Pokemon Smash's expected release of info will be when?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I guess I would be pretty disappointed if that's all they mentioned for the remakes, but just the fact alone that it would be confirmed would have me so psyched. Plus we'd get pictures/info later on and that's always fun to look forward to. I'd be so pumped I wouldn't know how to control myself!

Though I'm pretty sure they'd show us at least one or two images.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • Sunday in Japan, so Sunday morning here. Though the movie being Unova-related kind of throws out any chance of RS remakes in 2012.

Yeah... I see.
    Well, since I only played the 3rd release games since I was 5, looking forward to Grey isn't that bad.
    Sapphire was the only double-release game I ever had.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "What will you guys do the minute you hear the news if it were to be RS remakes???" My question exactly

I know exactly what I'd do... I'd shriek with joy and be filled with happiness.. basically because it will have been something that I've waited for, for years now and something that I'm already excited for. Remakes would just be perfect.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • "What will you guys do the minute you hear the news if it were to be RS remakes???" My question exactly

I know exactly what I'd do... I'd shriek with joy and be filled with happiness.. basically because it will have been something that I've waited for, for years now and something that I'm already excited for. Remakes would just be perfect.

Being Johto my fav region, I was insanely overjoyed when I got SoulSilver.
    Getting something like a Hohenn remake would have the same kind of impact I guess, being n° 2 for me.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    "What will you guys do the minute you hear the news if it were to be RS remakes???" My question exactly

YES. Sapphire was my first game and after all these years I just need them. n___n

Also I don't know if it's just me, but I think that the games were the most restartable worthy out of all, and I could actually enjoy starting them over without stopping. Now not so much anymore (though I am playing through Emerald currently!), but I hope the remakes will make up for this with updated graphics and everything. I just need that spark to want to restart it so much again, with everything being advanced. I beg you GameFreak. :(

blue

gucci
    Years

• YES. Sapphire was my first game and after all these years I just need them. n___n

Also I don't know if it's just me, but I think that the games were the most restartable worthy out of all, and I could actually enjoy starting them over without stopping. Now not so much anymore (though I am playing through Emerald currently!), but I hope the remakes will make up for this with updated graphics and everything. I just need that spark to want to restart it so much again, with everything being advanced. I beg you GameFreak. :(

I completely agree, I never had as much motivation with the rest compared to RSE, Sapphire was the game that I caught the most on and now I've just grown to love the Hoenn region in general. I'd probably end up playing the remakes over and over just to admire the beautiful Hoenn in 3D. I just hope that they actually do remake them, otherwise I'd be extremely let down D;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I know, I'm getting so psyched with my fingers crossed for Pokémon Smash to announce RS remakes even if it's a small chance. I'll be really let down if it isn't. BUT! Afterward I'd probably get over myself. :G

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would be irritated if all they say is "RS remakes are now confirmed" and leave it at that. If they are really to be on the 3DS, I would LOVE to at least see one pic of how the game would look with the transition to full 3D, then I would jump for joy.

I'm sure with HGSS was the announcement and the image of New Bark so I'd assume that would happen with RS remakes along with an image of Little Root, otherwise like you said it would be plain and boring.

Whenever I see "New Pokémon game to be announced" I instantly jump to the Remakes so I'd say I'm pretty anticipated now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm getting antsy now. They need to announce that the new game is going to be the remade versions. If they don't I will more than likely cry. More than likely. But I'm already planning to save up my money in a separate little place. Half for gas for my car, other half for the new game, whatever it is, if it's worth it.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'm getting antsy now. They need to announce that the new game is going to be the remade versions. If they don't I will more than likely cry. More than likely. But I'm already planning to save up my money in a separate little place. Half for gas for my car, other half for the new game, whatever it is, if it's worth it.

I'm getting all antsy myself reading all this chat of remakes. :P
    If Nintendo doesn't announce remakes i'll!.... I'll!!.... I'll write a strongly written e-mail to them expressing my disappointment!!!

Though I know they usually announce games through their Pokemon broadcasts, I hope what Pokebeach said was true about them making an announcement on the Nintendo Direct feed tomorrow. I mean really, what better way to kick off your first major broadcast than announcing a new title in one of your most profitable franchises?

I would love to be able to follow the news rush of R/S remakes like I did with HG/SS. So exciting!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I'm getting all antsy myself reading all this chat of remakes. :P
    If Nintendo doesn't announce remakes i'll!.... I'll!!.... I'll write a strongly written e-mail to them expressing my disappointment!!!

I'll quit playing Pokemon all together. B[
    lol no i won't
    But hey, if it isn't R/S remakes, it better be a damn good game! D:<

Though I know they usually announce games through their Pokemon broadcasts, I hope what Pokebeach said was true about them making an announcement on the Nintendo Direct feed tomorrow. I mean really, what better way to kick off your first major broadcast than announcing a new title in one of your most profitable franchises?

I would love to be able to follow the news rush of R/S remakes like I did with HG/SS. So exciting!
    Now I'm confused, didn't they (Nintendo) say that the official announcement would be this weekend, and not tomorrow?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Now I'm confused, didn't they (Nintendo) say that the official announcement would be this weekend, and not tomorrow?

Different sources have been saying different things, so there's no telling at this point really. :P
    All I know is tomorrow Nintendo of Japan is broadcasting a Nintendo Direct live feed to make some big announcements.

It'll probably be shown on Pokemon Smash, but i'm gonna try and tune in just in case!

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Now that I think about it wasn't there a man who said there is no 3rd version for BW coming out? Or was it mistranslated? I'm going for a R/S remake tbh

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Different sources have been saying different things, so there's no telling at this point really. :P
    All I know is tomorrow Nintendo of Japan is broadcasting a Nintendo Direct live feed to make some big announcements.

It'll probably be shown on Pokemon Smash, but i'm gonna try and tune in just in case!
    Well they need to come on and make up their minds, so I don't lose sleep over this! D:
    Ugh, just the thought of an R/S remake is just so:
    Spoiler:

I wonder how many of the B/W features we may see in the R/S remakes (if there ever will be any).

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Now that I think about it wasn't there a man who said there is no 3rd version for BW coming out? Or was it mistranslated? I'm going for a R/S remake tbh

Yeah, that was just a rumor that Masuda debunked. The 3rd installment hasn't be ruled out yet, though i'm with you on the R/S remake thing.

I wonder how many of the B/W features we may see in the R/S remakes (if there ever will be any).

That's a good question that i'm curious to know the answer to myself.
    I'm reading some relatively old interviews (Back when B/W released) with Masuda and the CEO of the Pokemon Company stating how they're working on something that will surprise players and that they're doing something beyond expectations for the 3DS. I wonder if these old interviews are related to the upcoming announcement in anyway. : O

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Yeah, that was just a rumor that Masuda debunked. The 3rd installment hasn't be ruled out yet, though i'm with you on the R/S remake thing.

That's a good question that i'm curious to know the answer to myself.
    I'm reading some relatively old interviews (Back when B/W released) with Masuda and the CEO of the Pokemon Company stating how they're working on something that will surprise players and that they're doing something beyond expectations for the 3DS. I wonder if these old interviews are related to the upcoming announcement in anyway. : O
    Of course they always have something to surprise us. That's what makes it fun! D:
    However, no doubt there's always going to be SOMETHING people are going to find to hate. Like always. Can't shut up and admit they like the game, oh no, they have to make a big deal as to how they hate one or two features on it, and how it's no longer worth buying.
    I wanna see a camera angling system in which the player can control! o3o
    That'd be pretty cool to me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ADSFJK; GUYS I'm EXCITED. Just to think that there's a chance that in just minutes (Nintendo Direct live) or even a couple of days (Pokémon Smash) they could announce RS remakes. I can't control myself, how do I prepare myself for this?? 8D

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • ADSFJK; GUYS I'm EXCITED. Just to think that there's a chance that in just minutes (Nintendo Direct live) or even a couple of days (Pokémon Smash) they could announce RS remakes. I can't control myself, how do I prepare myself for this?? 8D

Fill out the recruitment forms to join Aqua or Magma now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back