• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • ~intervention~

THis thread is for speculation not shooting people who are speculating down.If someone is speculating(Unless it is something incredibly impossible) they shouldn't be getting fussed at by people like you two. This thread was made for speculation not. Show XanderO and his bestest buddy confirmed info for them.

You seem to be the only one fussing to me. But, just for future reference, instead of calling people out for being rude or anything like that, just report it and it will be dealt with accordingly. However, do realize that just because someone doesn't agree with you on some things doesn't mean they're shooting you down or anything. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. I personally see no harm being done in this thread, and it's nice that y'all are having a good intelligent discussion instead of some random person chiming in to say "well kyogre is in heartgold so obviously we're getting remakes IT'S A SIGN GUYZ" So yeah. Just keep that in mind. But if anything gets rude or hectic, please report it and I will deal wit it. Don't try to take it into your own hands. That goes for anyone else in this thread, not just you Rocky.

-cough-

Continue!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    So this thread is one big compilation of proof, yet nothing that can be considered 100% proof exists? Talking about what we think may or may not in the games is just as much speculation about the remakes as talking about when/if they're coming last I checked, which is a lot of what this thread is.

May I ask where there are confirmations as to what the games will have/when they will come?( LMFAO, now I'm starting to sound like Xander, damn you :D )

Yes, I just looked back at the first post and what I see is a list of possible hints of past games and the comparison to what we call hints now, in this case, for RSE remakes. My 'suggestions'(not sure where you pulled that from, tbh) are what I was saying might be in the games(which is what a lot of us are discussing, no?) What thread are you reading? XD Please read the thread title as well and look at how it isn't some random title and actually fits into what's being discussed.

That is correct, there is no absolute solid evidence at this point in time, only theories and things that some people claim to be "hints". The only facts in this discussion are from existing games. Any reference you pull from an existing game is only a theory. Just because someone said "Hoenn" in B/W, doesn't prove that remakes are coming. Plenty of people also mentioned Sinnoh in B/W. My thoughts are only theories as well. Just because I believe that remakes aren't coming because nearly every Hoenn Legendary Pokemon can be caught in HG/SS, doesn't mean I'll be right.

Only official annoncements from Game Freak can be considered as solid evidence. Some say the Dive Ball's description proves remakes because we could use Dive and catch Pokemon that way. However I feel that because of the way it is worded, it does not mean the same thing. Changing just 1 word in a sentence can change its entire meaning.

When I said you were wrong, that was in response to you and rocky505 saying that this thread was not for speculating against possible remakes. Here is the main quote I was talking about: "these hints are similar to the ones in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl which we're hints for G/S remakes and Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver we're made, there might be some in Pokemon Black & White too. However, that's just my theory, what do you think?" As you can see, this thread's original purpose was to discuss whether or not these "hints" meant we would be getting remakes. This thread may have turned more into feature speculation since the thread was started, but its original intentions still apply. And yes, I have read the thread title, which is broad and justifies any and all speculation involving these potential future games, not just in-game features.

(I used the word "suggestions" because that is basically what you mean with "what we hope to see/think we'll see in the games". Since there is no official information about these games yet, suggestions and hopes are one in the same.)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Which is why I was asking how I was wrong. I didn't mean that you shouldn't be able to speculate against it(which is obvious if you've looked at all I've said about the matter), if that's what you're on about.

I was just trying to add to the 'pro' side a little while remaining more neutral; I was trying to understand why (it seemed) Xander was using the current mechanics(and the whole taking out/adding back) as an excuse to say we wouldn't see remakes for some time . I speak for myself on that, not sure about Rocky as I don't know him well(so please don't really group us together on that). I too see them being on the 3DS, I just don't see them appearing as far into the future as yourself(just seems like you don't see them being for a few years at least is what I'm saying).

Hope that clarifies some things, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    There was absolutly no proof, game, anime, or Manga wise that Kyurem was related to Reshiram/Zekrom. Gamefreak still does not give them a relation other than Kyurem can transform thanks to stealing some their powers.

If the whole official yin/yang/wuji thing and the same battle theme weren't enough proof for you, there is nothing to discuss about this. Even now after they literally showed they are related by fusing with each other you're saying that's just stealing powers. OMG

Gym Rematches are only Available in Remakes and third Titles. Thats the only time they exist.

You're not right again. There are no rematches with Gym Leaders in FR/LG because those games were meant to be simplified. That's the concept of FR/LG - being simple. The same thing is about Contests - they are concepts meant only for Hoenn and Sinnoh, so it's nothing meaningful they were removed in HG/SS and B/W.

As for contest, Anime says there are Contests in every Region. They started with Hoen and May, continued into Kanto with May, May left to continue as a Coordinator in Johto's contests while Ash ventured to Sinnoh and met Dawn, later to be reunited with May near the end where May and Dawn participated in the Wallace Cup.

They say a lot of things in anime. They said that, but actually only May and Dawn are main female characters taking part in Contests because that was part of their character development in anime. Misty and Iris are gym leaders, so they don't take part in Contests. This could be the reason why there are Contests featured only in R/S/E and D/P/Pt.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • If the whole official yin/yang/wuji thing and the same battle theme weren't enough proof for you, there is nothing to discuss about this. Even now after they literally showed they are related by fusing with each other you're saying that's just stealing powers. OMG
    i hate to say this but XanderO is correct. Watch the 15th movie trailer it shows Kyurem absorbing energy from Reshiram and Zekrom not fusing with them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    i hate to say this but XanderO is correct. Watch the 15th movie trailer it shows Kyurem absorbing energy from Reshiram and Zekrom not fusing with them.

But that doesn't change the fact they are related. Kyurem wouldn't be able to combine power with Zekrom and Reshiram if they weren't related. The whole yin/yang/wuji concept makes it obvious they are related.

Years
  • Why is everyone talking about the third game now? ._.
    Anyway, illd like to see new evolutiobs for pokemon in the remakes. E.g. Gropius grass/dragon evo, mawilevevo, sableye evo :x

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • More intervention. This tread is for RS remake speculation. I know you're talking about movie timelines and such, but there's no need to go too far into that, because this isn't the movie speculation thread or the B2W2 speculation thread either. So please stick to RS guys. I don't wanna have to get another report here, got it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Sorry about that unrelated posts but I wanted to show how XanderO was negating obvious connections about B/W dragons and now is doing the same thing while negating R/S remakes.

Something more related:
    I think another hint for R/S remakes could be similar storyline themes of R/S/E and B/W. In R/S/E there is fight between land and water - things which are opposites but can't exists properly without each other. It's the same like yin and yang theme in B/W.
    Sinnoh was hinting about Gold/Silver remakes in region design - Sinnoh is divided by mountains into west and east part, the same like Johto and Kanto are divided by mountains.
    Speaking of HM lists, they are also important in hinting remakes - B/W reintroduced R/S/E's Dive as HM, while D/P/Pt introduced Defog as HM - something imo completely lame created only to get replaced by G/S/C's Whirlpool in HG/SS.

Also remebmer how Masuda responded to question about R/S remakes on Twitter:
    "Thanks! I've received your sentiments. Ruby and Sapphire are very important games to me. I want to make something good. Thanks!!"
    This of course isn't direct answer to that question but it's similar how he didn't respond directly to question about B/W sequel:
    "I can't answer that yet. Well, I can say to watch the next Pokemon Smash"
    Both answers are unclear but so far second one leaded to B2/W2 announcement, so why the first one couldn't lead to R/S remakes?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    One of the main things that got me into thinking it will pop up not too far off is what Steven said in HGSS after the whole Lati event. He asks for your name afterward but takes back his question and ends up saying "Our fun will have to wait for the right time"...That made me start thinking about when this 'right time' will be.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Which is why I was asking how I was wrong. I didn't mean that you shouldn't be able to speculate against it(which is obvious if you've looked at all I've said about the matter), if that's what you're on about.

I was just trying to add to the 'pro' side a little while remaining more neutral; I was trying to understand why (it seemed) Xander was using the current mechanics(and the whole taking out/adding back) as an excuse to say we wouldn't see remakes for some time . I speak for myself on that, not sure about Rocky as I don't know him well(so please don't really group us together on that). I too see them being on the 3DS, I just don't see them appearing as far into the future as yourself(just seems like you don't see them being for a few years at least is what I'm saying).

Hope that clarifies some things, haha.

At first, it seemed as though you and rocky505 were suggesting that XanderO's post didn't belong in this thread, since you said you agreed with him. However, rereading your response, I see the differences between yours and rocky's posts and I agree. There shouldn't be a "only post proof here" standard, as everything at this point is speculation only. I apologize for confusing your comments.

Also, to be honest, I agree with you on the features part. Features come and go with Pokemon. The appearance of a feature, or lack thereof, isn't enough to base a prediction on. Here's a very simple one: Apricorns. Apricorns were exclusive to Gold, Silver, and Crystal only until they brought them back for HG/SS. They were absent in D/P/Pt, and didn't return for B/W. Secondary features don't really support or deny anything, they're just sort of there. That's why I've based my theories on the primary aspect of these games: The Pokemon.

I realize now that I've haven't listed my reasons for thinking remakes aren't next, so here they are.

1.) Hoenn's starters, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios are available in HG/SS. Jirachi was an event last year, and the Regis were in Platinum. Except for Deoxys, all major Pokemon were included in the resent games. If Game Freak was planning to release R/S/E remakes in the near future for the DS, it would make more sense for them to have just waited and made those Pokemon exclusive for the remakes. That would give people more of a reason to go buy them.

2.) The DS is on its way out. As I said before, people questioned why they didn't put B/W on the 3DS. I don't see them wanting to put a game with this much hype into a dying system when they could wait and put it on the newer 3DS and include much better and improved enhancements.

3.) Remakes wouldn't be the first Pokemon games on the 3DS. They would serve little purpose if a 6th Gen. was released AFTER because those new Pokemon and moves won't have existed. This is why they should wait until after the 6th Gen. is introduced, that way the new Pokemon could be sent over to the remakes as well.

4.) As it currently stands, if you own a Nintendo DS, you can play 3rd, 4th, and 5th Gen. games on it. Why would they make a DS remake for a game that's original version can still played on the same system? That would be like remaking Super Mario Sunshine for the Wii, yet the Wii can still read Gamecube games. Once Pokemon moves to the 3DS, the GBA games won't be able to be used on that system. Though HG/SS made many of Hoenn's Pokemon available, I could still see a remake coming this way.

5.) Don't forget about spinoffs. Game Freak likes its spinoffs and plenty of them are introduced between main series games. It would take time for them to announced the next game. One won't be announced until B/W 2 have been released worldwide. This is March, its release in Japan is in June. The US is in Autumn. It'll be a either the very end of this year or the beginning of next year before new main series games are announced.

As for a specifc time they could release remakes is anyone's guess. If all my other theories were true, I'd suspect either a late 2013 release or early 2014. We won't get more than one game or set of games a year. But again, this is just a guess.

Also, when Steven said it would have to "wait for the right time", that doesn't really mean anything either. The "right time" is indefinite, and could mean any amount of time in the future from months to years.

I think another hint for R/S remakes could be similar storyline themes of R/S/E and B/W. In R/S/E there is fight between land and water - things which are opposites but can't exists properly without each other. It's the same like yin and yang theme in B/W.
    Sinnoh was hinting about Gold/Silver remakes in region design - Sinnoh is divided by mountains into west and east part, the same like Johto and Kanto are divided by mountains.
    Speaking of HM lists, they are also important in hinting remakes - B/W reintroduced R/S/E's Dive as HM, while D/P/Pt introduced Defog as HM - something imo completely lame created only to get replaced by G/S/C's Whirlpool in HG/SS.

Also remebmer how Masuda responded to question about R/S remakes on Twitter:
    "Thanks! I've received your sentiments. Ruby and Sapphire are very important games to me. I want to make something good. Thanks!!"
    This of course isn't direct answer to that question but it's similar how he didn't respond directly to question about B/W sequel:
    "I can't answer that yet. Well, I can say to watch the next Pokemon Smash"
    Both answers are unclear but so far second one leaded to B2/W2 announcement, so why the first one couldn't lead to R/S remakes?

Diamond and Pearl also had the same sort of conflict: time vs. space. Conflict between the main Legendary Pokemon has become tradition for the games and not really a "hint".

I also find it highly unlikely that Sinnoh's design was just a reference to Johto and Kanto. If that were true, how is Unova's design like Hoenn? They don't seem very much alike to me.

In regards to HMs, these change from game to game, so calling them "hints" doesn't make much sense.

Masuda's responses to B/W 2 and R/S/E remakes are actually quite different. He knew sequels were about to be officially announced, so naturally, he didn't want to ruin the surprise. But when asked about the remakes, all he did was acknowledge the concern about them. If plans were underway, he would have said he couldn't talk about it, like he did for B/W 2.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    5.) Don't forget about spinoffs. Game Freak likes its spinoffs and plenty of them are introduced between main series games. It would take time for them to announced the next game. One won't be announced until B/W 2 have been released worldwide. This is March, its release in Japan is in June. The US is in Autumn. It'll be a either the very end of this year or the beginning of next year before new main series games are announced.

As for a specifc time they could release remakes is anyone's guess. If all my other theories were true, I'd suspect either a late 2013 release or early 2014. We won't get more than one game or set of games a year. But again, this is just a guess.

Also, when Steven said it would have to "wait for the right time", that doesn't really mean anything either. The "right time" is indefinite, and could mean any amount of time in the future from months to years.

Game Freak doesn't solely make all of the Pokemon games, I hope you know. They do the main games, not spin offs.

As for the whole Steven thing, I meant that I don't see them being too far off or else it wouldn't have made much sense for him to say it so early. It seemed at first like Xander and yourself were seeing them being released later on in Gen 6(and Gen 6 probably won't be here itself for a couple of years), from the way you both were speaking; but it seems like you have the same mindset as myself atm, I expect at least a mid 2013 release.

Btw, two main games being released within a year isn't something new. The releases of FRLG and Emerald were ~ 8 months apart. Not saying we should expect RS remakes before the years over(in Japan at least), but you also shouldn't count them out completely, anything's possible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Diamond and Pearl also had the same sort of conflict: time vs. space. Conflict between the main Legendary Pokemon has become tradition for the games and not really a "hint".

That's wrong. Dialga and Palkia don't fight with each other in games. They even support each other in Platinum to create portal to Distortion World.
    I meant that R/S/E and B/W story themes are very similar to each other because both storylines are about disturbed balance between two sides. In Ruby and Black land and yang are overbalancing water and yin. Situation is reversed in Sapphire and White. No other Pokemon gens have so much similar story themes to each other, that's why I think it's hint that R/S will be remade in gen 5.

I also find it highly unlikely that Sinnoh's design was just a reference to Johto and Kanto. If that were true, how is Unova's design like Hoenn? They don't seem very much alike to me.

I didn't say Unova and Hoenn have to look like each other because they don't. I said that only about Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh. Another Sinnoh's reference to Johto/Kanto could be the fact that after beating the league you travel by boat to new island. It's the same like you travel by boat from Johto to Kanto.

But when asked about the remakes, all he did was acknowledge the concern about them. If plans were underway, he would have said he couldn't talk about it, like he did for B/W 2.

What he said about remakes actually means the same like would have said that he couldn't talk about it. The fact that he responded to that question is very promising that remakes are planned or even during development. If there was no plans for remakes he would just ignore that question.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • 1.) Hoenn's starters, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios are available in HG/SS. Jirachi was an event last year, and the Regis were in Platinum. Except for Deoxys, all major Pokemon were included in the resent games. If Game Freak was planning to release R/S/E remakes in the near future for the DS, it would make more sense for them to have just waited and made those Pokemon exclusive for the remakes. That would give people more of a reason to go buy them.
    Events shouldn't count. Not everyone attends these or some may not have Wifi. But if you're wanting to count remakes and events. HGSS were useless as FRLG had both Lugia and Ho-Oh and the legendary beasts. Only Celebi was missing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Game Freak doesn't solely make all of the Pokemon games, I hope you know. They do the main games, not spin offs.

As for the whole Steven thing, I meant that I don't see them being too far off or else it wouldn't have made much sense for him to say it so early. It seemed at first like Xander and yourself were seeing them being released later on in Gen 6(and Gen 6 probably won't be here itself for a couple of years), from the way you both were speaking; but it seems like you have the same mindset as myself atm, I expect at least a mid 2013 release.

Btw, two main games being released within a year isn't something new. The releases of FRLG and Emerald were ~ 8 months apart. Not saying we should expect RS remakes before the years over(in Japan at least), but you also shouldn't count them out completely, anything's possible.

I admit I did not know that. However, spinoffs will still come inbetween releases, so regardless of who makes them, that won't change.

Steven is obviously a reference to Hoenn because he's the Champion of that region. But his appearance may have been more of a "tribute" rather than a "hint". Again, what he said is too broad to say it represents something.

From what I've heard, B/W 2 will be the end of Unova. Meaning we could get Gen. 6 next year possibly, if they hold off on the remakes. I still think R/S/E remakes would be more appropriate after the move to the 3DS and the introduction of Gen. 6.

Let me ask you this. Why is it a better idea to rush R/S/E remakes for a system that's about to be retired? The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had built a huge amount of hype, so Nintendo used it as the introduction to the Wii. Great strategy. This is why that game's release was pushed back for the Wii, so they could save it for the new, better system. I don't see why remakes wouldn't do well in the same situation. The 3DS holds all kinds of potential for future Pokemon games. Why not wait a little longer and make these remakes even better?

Also, I agree with you on the unpredictability aspect. Every one of us could be dead wrong here. True, we shouldn't rule anything out, but we also shouldn't expect a release with no official statements. I haven't said that a remake won't come, I just said that it's highly unlikely right now. However, some people here seem to be implying that there is no doubt that the next games released will be R/S/E remakes on the DS. They seem convinced that there is no chance the games will not be remade. I just don't want people to be getting their hopes up over something that might not happen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I meant that R/S/E and B/W story themes are very similar to each other because both storylines are about disturbed balance between two sides. In Ruby and Black land and yang are overbalancing water and yin. Situation is reversed in Sapphire and White. No other Pokemon gens have so much similar story themes to each other, that's why I think it's hint that R/S will be remade in gen 5.

There is no over balance of Yin or Yang in either game. And the two legend battle relations are fairly different. Kyogre and Groudon are polar opposites that wage war when they awaken, through normal means or no.

Zekrom and Reshiram focus on the owner's pursuit Ideals and Truths, if they were owned by two peaceful trainers who had strong pursuit for either, there wouldn't even be a hint of battle eagerness between the two of them.

As for the story to get them, its the same now Cliche'd story of Bad Guy wanting Pokemon X's Power. The difference, before Black and White the Bad guy did not get the Super Powered Pokemon on his team and it was free to battle.

In R/S after awakening their Legend, the bad guys also give up trying to catch the legend, while in Black and White the Legend wouldn't even wake up for the bad guy if they were that weak spirited. You also could not meet both Conflicting Legends R/S while there was a end battle for the bad boss involving them (or not considering you don't even have to use Reshiram/Zekrom for the battle against N)

What he said about remakes actually means the same like would have said that he couldn't talk about it. The fact that he responded to that question is very promising that remakes are planned or even during development. If there was no plans for remakes he would just ignore that question.
    Ya...If you guys are refering to that twitter comment. He was Thanking a Fan for liking their work and that he liked it too, though he would say that for all the games he was involved with.

If the whole official yin/yang/wuji thing and the same battle theme weren't enough proof for you, there is nothing to discuss about this. Even now after they literally showed they are related by fusing with each other you're saying that's just stealing powers. OMG

But that doesn't change the fact they are related. Kyurem wouldn't be able to combine power with Zekrom and Reshiram if they weren't related. The whole yin/yang/wuji concept makes it obvious they are related.

First Wuji is not "Official". The Wuji Concept relating the Dragons is complete Fan made speculation. Something that I've been saying that is being forced as a fact when it isn't.

Second Their Battle themes are NOT the same. Zekrom and Reshiram have completely custom Battle Themes. Kyurem has a slightly altered version of the Normal Legend theme.

Third as Rocky said the 15th Movie shows that they are not fusing. Kyurem has their Power or took some of their DNA (according to the trailer it was Genes). Later part would not be possible with current relation speculation either as if three separate entities were created they wouldn't have separate genes to begin with. Since Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem have separate distinguished genes and Kyurem can parasite/leech off of them to power itself up, it creates a different speculation.

Ya that wasn't on topic, but I hate being called out and not being able to directly respond to it, sorry to the mods.

But to continue on, I can use a system that came to be in Gen 3 to help with this.

Mantyke cannot evolve unless you have a Remoraid in your team. Mantine is usually shown as having a small fish under its wing (both the Manta Ray and the fish Remoraid is based after shared a symbolic life this way), does that mean that Remoraid is directly related to or even in the same major circle as Mantine? No, its just needed for Evolution.

You need a Relicanth and a Wailord in your team to awaken the three Legendary Golems, the Regis. Does this mean that the five are all related? No.

Majority of the findings were found because we read them in ways that we want to read them.

On to the actual target of the Remakes themselves, ya I don't see the same hints that other see because unlike those that see them that way I read them differently. I see the fact that Dive Ball still has the same mechanics as previous gens and the fact that the Flute's abilities were removed (double on the flutes cause I LOVED those things) as a sign that they aren't looking to release any time close.

I disagree with voicerocker as to when cause I can see the remakes coming out for the 3DS a full Year or two before we get Gen 6, unless Gamefreak trolls us again.

Only reason I really would like Ruby/Sapphire Remakes is to see how they intend to progress with making it as they can't really merge the games without ruining the originalness of the two games.

Also comparing the regions since I saw regions being used as hints, Unova is an exact opposite to Hoen. Where as Hoen had a huge Water Route and an over abundance of Water Pokemon, Unova is mostly land with a shocking lack of Water Pokemon.

Though since being a nay sayer is such a bad thing, I'll go ahead and make this my last post in this thread. Again I'm sorry for my involvement.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    That's wrong. Dialga and Palkia don't fight with each other in games. They even support each other in Platinum to create portal to Distortion World.

I didn't say Unova and Hoenn have to look like each other because they don't. I said that only about Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh. Another Sinnoh's reference to Johto/Kanto could be the fact that after beating the league you travel by boat to new island. It's the same like you travel by boat from Johto to Kanto.

I'm sorry, but comparing storylines is saying that D/P/Pt and B/W were made only to serve as hints to remakes. That's too much. There are too many differences in what you call similarities to serve as hints.

No, those tweets aren't the same. He specifically said he couldn't talk about the sequels. Just because he didn't give a direct answer doesn't mean that those tweets mean the same thing. The terminology is totally different.

Events shouldn't count. Not everyone attends these or some may not have Wifi. But if you're wanting to count remakes and events. HGSS were useless as FRLG had both Lugia and Ho-Oh and the legendary beasts. Only Celebi was missing.

Baring events, that would only exclude Jirachi and the Regis. Groudon and Kyogre are encountered normally. But today, Wi-Fi isn't hard to come by. Also, trading is encouraged by Game Freak. That's why the game is divided into versions. They are't going to do remakes just because some people can't get wi-Fi or trade. That would take away the challenge of "catching 'em all".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm sorry, but comparing storylines is saying that D/P/Pt and B/W were made only to serve as hints to remakes. That's too much. There are too many differences in what you call similarities to serve as hints.

I didn't say they were made only to serve as hints, I didn't even mean that. Also I compared only R/S/E and B/W story themes, so you shouldn't mix D/P/Pt into that.
    I compared only story themes, not whole storylines. Both story themes are really similar after thinking about them. Both R/S/E and B/W story themes are based on mascots' opposing powers and values creating one thing.

Also comparing the regions since I saw regions being used as hints, Unova is an exact opposite to Hoen. Where as Hoen had a huge Water Route and an over abundance of Water Pokemon, Unova is mostly land with a shocking lack of Water Pokemon.

Why are you referring to regions I didn't compare? I said that only about Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh, not about Hoenn and Unova.

There is no over balance of Yin or Yang in either game. And the two legend battle relations are fairly different. Kyogre and Groudon are polar opposites that wage war when they awaken, through normal means or no.

Zekrom and Reshiram focus on the owner's pursuit Ideals and Truths, if they were owned by two peaceful trainers who had strong pursuit for either, there wouldn't even be a hint of battle eagerness between the two of them.
    There is overbalance of yin or yang in games because after final battle with N, his yin or yang Pokemon is beaten. Even if you don't use your Zekrom/Reshiram in battle you win as owner of yin or yang dragon opposing to N's yin or yang dragon. In this way you are overbalancing your yin or yang.

You're right that Kyogre/Groudon and Zekrom/Reshiram relations aren't exactly the same but you need to look at their concepts' similarities. Kyogre and Groudon are opposites - they represent water and land but they create one world by combining their opposing powers. The same goes with Zekrom and Reshiram - they represent yin and yang. In Taoism yin and yang are symbols of many opposite life's values but they create one being by combining their opposing values. That's why there is a legend telling that Zekrom and Reshiram were once a one Pokemon.

Their Battle themes are NOT the same. Zekrom and Reshiram have completely custom Battle Themes. Kyurem has a slightly altered version of the Normal Legend theme.

They all three have almost the same and only their battle theme, proving they are related Pokemon. Their only differences are electric/fire/extra bass sounds. All other Unova's legendaries have totally different battle theme.
    It's another similarity to R/S/E because Weather Trio and Tao Trio are the only mascot trios to share battle theme between all their members. I think in R/S remakes Weather Trio will get their own lava/water/wind sounds in their themes just like Tao Trio have their exclusive sounds.

As for remakes' platform:
    Most people were so convinced that Unova's next game which is B2/W2 will be released for 3DS. I never liked idea of splitting gen 5 between two consoles and I was right because B2/W2 are confirmed to be for DS. And I think R/S remakes will be for DS as well. Imo they will be part of gen 5 because B/W have technical similarities to R/S/E. Gen 5's engine looks like was prepared for R/S remakes. Ignoring that preparation and making remakes for new 3DS' engine would be so illogical and mean waste of 5 gen's preparation for remakes.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    As long as we can rebattle the Elite Four, gym leaders, rivals and Steven (and have their pokemon go up maybe 2-3 levels every time you beat them so you can battle them multiple times in a variety of ways) and add a timer as to when they can be battled )maybe Elite Four only on weekends and gym leaders once a day and rivals can be rebattled after whupping the E4 again

I'd also love a Wally/Steven vs May/Brendan double battle

just as long as their pokemon don't go over level 85, because Red's Pikachu should remain the highest leveled pokemon owned by a trainer outside of a Battle Frontier

and let us rename our rivals Q_Q

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • just as long as their pokemon don't go over level 85, because Red's Pikachu should remain the highest leveled pokemon owned by a trainer outside of a Battle Frontier

and let us rename our rivals Q_Q
    Pikachu is at 88 not 85 and wasn't the strongest in between Platinum and HGSS(Barry's starter was at 85 in Platinum)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back