• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Ryoko Legacy

Orophin

Gamer
Years
  • Update:
    Well, its finally here. The first demo of RL.
    To play the demo you will need to do the following.

1) Make sure you meet the system requirements (Posted in its own thread)
    2) Click Here to download the demo.
    3) If you unzip the demo and it doesn't work for some reason, download Rm23, and then try to play.
    4) I think I've fixed everything, but if you get an error, post the error in the Demo & Bug Testing section.

Enjoy the demo!
    https://darkmatter.draketech.info/demos/RLWalkDemo.rar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    That's really cool. Great job. Loved how the player moved fast. =D

Okay things to improve upon:

1. Camera - When you go around the map, the camera is supposed to be focused so the player is in the middle of the screen at all times. See, in this demo, the camera stayed in one spot when the player went to the side of the wall.

2. Grass - Just having the player's body fade when he stepped into the grass, just subtracts from the gameplay. Have it identical to the original pokemon games, whereas the top of his head would only be seen.

3. Title Screen - Blinds my eyes. No offense. Change it please.

4. Text - Okay, so I see you got a final fantasy thing going on. What I would do with this. Change the font first of all. Then make it a tiny bit bigger. Then, if needed make the text bar itself smaller because there's so little text sometimes, and it's not really ethical if you put a small dialogue on such a big bar.

Overall, I loved it. I know it is extremely difficult to make a pokemon game on RM. You're doing very good. Hoping to see future updates. ^.^

-Greiv

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • With the camera thing, it can be made so that the hero stays fixed in the centre of the screen. You just have to make the maps bigger, like adding a few extra layers of trees or something.

With the font colour, all he needs to do is change the system set to a Pokemon style one, and there are a few around.

A couple of minor issues with it, the Rival's name is messed up, it displays as "#Rival". And the walking speed, imo, is too fast. It needs to be slowed down by one stage.

The major gripe for me is the mapping. To be completely honest, it's rather uninspiring. There was a lot of walking in long straight lines and there were a load of large blank spaces too. Variation is the key to mapping. There were some nice looking parts to the maps, parts of the forest, for instance, looked very nice, but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement.

Anyway, good luck with it all. I hope to see some more updates in regards to systems and story progression in the future.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Actually yeah good point about the camera, it's the Font Grevious was commenting on. Not the colour.
    As Dawson said the mapping is..very bland.
    Try prettying it up a little, decór never hurt anybody.
    You have quite a few tile passability problems for the inside tileset(s), I can walk right through most stuff. For your Mart you used the default layout, change it to give your game more originality.
    I'm too tired to talk in full sentances so... Yeah. Keep going with it.

Back