• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
  • Well, they're color coded. I know that's a little hard to tell in some cases, but I hope to make colored flooring inside the training hall to put under them. And there will be at least one attendant sort of person, so I can have somebody tell the player what color means what. I think putting a letter/letters (HP, A, D, SA, SD, S) would look a little tacky. But I appriciate the help anyway, Poke.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • I'm guessing that the Pokebots will probably have either wobufets attacks or some basic attacks like tackle or Scratch. They could have attacks like Lazer or Somthing robotic. Anyways besides that....what are you working on now?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Actually, you just gave me a pretty good idea...
    The Attack and Defense bots should have the move Counter, and the Special bots should have Mirror Coat. I suppose HP could have Endeavor? And Speed would have Quick Attack.

As far as what I'm doing? Not too much at the moment. Taking a little break. But the next things to do are more maps, and the sprites of my new legendaries.

Last edited:

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • Thats good to know that I gave you an idea! Well just take a break when needed and as fer me....I havent been working on mine because I'm trying to make a team in the Team Discusion thread..Well I may have more ideas for you soon!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • It's good to see this hack is getting the attention it deserves :)
    I've just been through the posts I've missed and those Wobbuffet Poke-bots look great, congratulations.
    Nice to hear you're not letting the pressure get to you, just take it at your own pace and it'll be alot easier, which is what you're doing :) My hack's not doing much at the moment either, because I'm trying to insert a load of new tiles and you can't really do much until that's finished.
    Anyway, good luck with the hack, at the moment it looks great.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • Ok...I sent you a friend request. Hmm...is it me or are you really good at spriting (Looks at the Creators avatar). Hmm....well...when youve made enough progress..are you gonna make videos previewing your hacks gameplay? I have done it with mine!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    You have some nice ideas for this hack. Those 'punching bag' Pokemon look fantastic as well.

Are you going to have multiple levels of Pokebot Wobbuffet? I think it would be nice if you had some weak ones that have basic attacks and then they get more advance attacks such as Psychic as they become higher levels. Of

One of the few complaints I have with it is some of the names. Fight City and Poisoned Mountain sound kind of generic. I would suggest coming up with something more original.

Besides that please keep going.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • @ Lord Wolfybob - Thanks. I'm glad you're interested enough to keep an eye on it.

@ Kitsune Link - Also thanks. ^_~ About the videos, though... Have to wait and see. I'm not in a huge rush, and I haven't done one before anyway.

@Acrylic - There will be different levels after a fashion. But partly they are for people who are specifically trying to train, and once you're a certain level, you won't really need the training house any more. Also, these aren't meant to be particularly interesting battles. That's what the trainers are for. ^_~
    As for the names of places, the main reason they seem generic is probably that they are just plain english words. I may or may not change some of them, but Fight City has been the name of the central city since the beginning, and I'm kind of attached to it.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • The Pokebots are a great idea. Very original. If you wanted to change the names, just get out the old google translator out and switch what language they're in!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Yeah, I thought of that too, Pellio.

Anyway, on with a slight update; I've sprited another pokemon, the poison legendary. I haven't faded the outline, but my sister says it looks fine the way it is:

I know it's a little hard to see... I always emulate games at a larger than normal size though (it's already hard to see the game when emulated at normal size anyway), and when it's on the real GBA it's close enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

I may fix it a little, but in general it's how I want it to look.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Yeah, I thought of that too, Pellio.

Anyway, on with a slight update; I've sprited another pokemon, the poison legendary. I haven't faded the outline, but my sister says it looks fine the way it is:

I know it's a little hard to see... I always emulate games at a larger than normal size though (it's already hard to see the game when emulated at normal size anyway), and when it's on the real GBA it's close enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

I may fix it a little, but in general it's how I want it to look.

Believe it or not, that's too big to put in the game. It needs to be 64x64

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna really enjoy this hack! Also to note is that you (Kaylee) are probably one of a few females that actually hacks pokemon so that makes it twice as better since I actually think women can make better hacks than men (Just look at mine >_<") You keep this up Kaylee and your hack might just be hack of the month....or better yet....hack of the year 2009!!!

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • ^^" Sprite too big....darn...DX
    I'll actually have to completely re-sprite it then... but thanks. I hadn't tried anything with it so that's good to know beforehand. Still, at least I have the general idea.

Machomuu said:
    In terms of a team, I would love to be your scripter, because you always seem to be the bearer of good ideas and that's why this hack will turn out great.
    Actually, it would be nice if you would help me with scripting. I just want to keep a very loose type of "team" if people decide to help me. Basically, the agreement is that you aren't bound to the completion of the hack, but I get to use any scripts you'd already done (and I will still recognize you in the credits as long as you want that). Also if you are too busy, and I really need a script, then I can ask someone else for help on the needed script(s) until you're free.

The reason being, I'm used to people letting me down on things, so I want to give people leeway to come and go as circumstances change in their lives without that hurting my hack.

(Also, I will take breaks sometimes too! But that doesn't mean I'm quitting when I do.)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • What's the program you're using to sprite Pokemon? I have Sinnoh and new Genisoh Pokemon to make and I need to know how to make sprites for them.

CutiePie2121

The Cutest Spriter EVUR!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    OMG another Girl Finaly Anyways I Would Love To Help Sprite OR Get My Brother To Map I Have Been Lead Spriter For 3 Things So Far

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • @everyone - THANK YOU! ^-^

Now about the spriting... first, thank you for offering, I like hearing that people would like to help. Thing is, if I'm doing a "team", I'm doing it a little differently than a lot of people. The agreement is more or less the same one I offered Machomuu. If you want to sprite for me, that's great. It does mean, though, that I can use the sprites you make for me if you later decide you don't want to go through the whole project with me; I'll still credit you for them, of course.

Back