• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Shatterpoint [Removed]

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
Years
  • Pokémon is owned by:
    The Pokémon Company
    Nintendo
    Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
    No copyright infringements intended.
    Please support the official games.

Welp nintendo copyrighted it anyways. Eh, I guess I could actualy re do it for third time and remove the pokemon aspect from it like I intended in the first place, but who knows.

Last edited:

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • You had me at "Story-Driven Gameplay"

Definitely looking forward to playing this

Holy shit that's some intense storyline right there, can't wait to try this out.

Yeah, I should have it out soon. All I have left to do is to add onto the intro and finish the hub so they player has a place to save after they finish the raid on the power plant, so they don't have to redo a cuscene, and finish the theme for the power plant.

Here is one of the best themes I have made so far: https://www.soundtrap.com/play/yIQ6A35XSlKoCNo-T2BAxA/darkness-of-the-unknown/

Another thing I didn't mention - there are honest to god boss fights, I.E single pokemon fights with larger amounts of health. (Think Totems but not so easy.) Boss Pokemon are uncaptureable and legendary/mythical pokemon will join your party when defeated.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    the game looks cool I love seeing pokemon fan games with new typings added I will be giving it a try whenever its ready

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    is it possible to beat the experiment at the end and if so does anything change?

oh and also the intro said it would our choices would effect what pokemon we get, im assuming that means the 3 we have at the start and if so is there a source of documentation as for what all the combinations will yield?

Last edited:

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • is it possible to beat the experiment at the end and if so does anything change?

oh and also the intro said it would our choices would effect what pokemon we get, im assuming that means the 3 we have at the start and if so is there a source of documentation as for what all the combinations will yield?

No, it is not, and nothing would change if you did.

The choices at the beginning do affect the party you can capture, like pseudo/legend/a few others, but the pokemon you start with are always the same.

For example, if you choose Determination and Hope as your options, (4 and 3 I belive, tho I'm not sure.) Then via sidequests you would get Suicune and Salamence from sidequests in the city.
    (This isnt the finalized values so this wont ve what you actualy get.)

I know the intro is a bit short, but the game openes up after one other event, with a bunch of side quests and the city outside being able to be explored freely after Salum's dissaprearence. The next update might be a few weeks out as I need to be sure and make sure there are no bugs, and the city is going to take a while to map.

I also need to lock the player name as Lyndis because some of the dialogue between Salum and her sounds weird otherwise.

I hope you enjoyed it so far.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ah ok i had asked because between the zweilous and bisharp i was able to get it down to about 60% or so.................. i figured it could be possible if i had enough revives and could hit it hard enough with a couple dragon pulses or something but alas i guess not

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • ah ok i had asked because between the zweilous and bisharp i was able to get it down to about 60% or so.................. i figured it could be possible if i had enough revives and could hit it hard enough with a couple dragon pulses or something but alas i guess not

There's only 3 or 4 Revives/Max revives in the opening, but in theory if you are lucky enough you could kill it. It gives a ridiculous amount of exp so go at it if you want.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Friend, I'll give you some advice.

If you want your game to look quite promising and ambitious and not a mediocre game made without profit.

Don't use RPG Maker. Better use Unity with the IIcolour Spectrum Pokemon Unity framework that I will leave in a link:
    https://github.com/PokemonUnity/PokemonUnity

I want people to make use of that framework to make Pokemon fangames in Unity and take advantage of all that potential.

and yet great pokemon fan games are made via RPG maker all the time just take a look at the likes of floral tempus, rejuvenation reborn and such

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • Friend, I'll give you some advice.

If you want your game to look quite promising and ambitious and not a mediocre game made without profit.

Don't use RPG Maker. Better use Unity with the IIcolour Spectrum Pokemon Unity framework that I will leave in a link:
    https://github.com/PokemonUnity/PokemonUnity

I want people to make use of that framework to make Pokemon fangames in Unity and take advantage of all that potential.

You see, that's cool and all and if I had known about it before I started making the game, but it doesn't look like that much of a difference as its just 3D envoirments. You see, the only dif between that and Essentials+ Elite battle is that I know how to use essentials, and the fact that I have never used unity. I don't mean to offend you by saying this, but the fact that you suggested this to Floral Tempus suggests that you don't know how development works. Unless it is possible to directly import all the game data into this unity build, it's going to take too much time to remake the entire game and remodel all the 2d maps into 3d assets, all the while producing textures for said 3d assets. If it is possible to remake the game in this engine without much effort and make the players save data comparable, I'm all for it. But otherwise, I'd much rather skip out on the 3d maps.

and yet great pokemon fan games are made via RPG maker all the time just take a look at the likes of floral tempus, rejuvenation reborn and such

And all this really adds is just 3d maps, not full modeling and such, all it really adds is some panoramas for complex camera views, as essentials has a toggle setting for 2.5d already in the program.

If it's than that please tell me, but that's all it looks like to me.

Last edited:

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • You had me at "Story-Driven Gameplay"

Definitely looking forward to playing this

Well, I saw your video and I am glad you enjoyed it so far!

Of the Questions you had -

Lyndis is the official name of the character, and forgot about the player being able to name their character. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a forced name change or fix some of the dialogue.

The values at the beginning affect Pokemon obtained from side-quests. After the opening event of chapter two, you gain access to the city, where a whole bunch of side quests become available. For the set of city quests, there are two sudo-legendaries, and there is a longer one with a legendary pokemon. The pokemon obtained from these quests change with the values that you choose.

EDIT: The Zora/Zorark glitch from its ability. For some reason the formchange.dat is not exporting to the encrypted file. The bug will be fixed next update, but you will have to redownload the whole game as it needs to not read the encrypted .dat file. DO NOT COPY THE NEW VERSION ONTO THE OLD ONE WHEN CHAPTER 2 IS RELEASED.
    (Lyndis Hates People)

Last edited:

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • When is chapter two being released? Approximately of course :)

I don't know, a month seems like a healthy estimate. I'm the only one working on it, and the next chapter opens up and it's going to take a while to map. After a point when all the side-quests are finished, I could release a beta for those who are interested.

Last edited:
    Back