• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2007
    i just want 2 say great hack i have played it a few time and i think it is great =]

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2007
    I encountered a glitch. After I fight the Rocket Duo in Mahogony Town, I keep getting errored when the leader (Guy in the computer next to a Pidgey?) fights me. It freezes for a moment and then the intro plays.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    sorry guys i have another question..

i know that to catch ho-oh you have to have the rainbow wing + the badge etc..

you then go to the tin tower to catch it right?

well on the way up i cant seem to "jump" on the the other platforms so i can proceed to the next stairs.

anyone else have this problem?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    no u just have to figure it out cause i caught ho-oh.

well how did you get through that maze. i cant seem to jump to the other side if you know what i mean.

is their a certain button i have to press?

more specificly:

hxxp://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3496/image89yk1.png

how do you jump like that?

change the xx with tt in the link.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    well how did you get through that maze. i cant seem to jump to the other side if you know what i mean.

is their a certain button i have to press?

more specificly:

hxxp://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3496/image89yk1.png

how do you jump like that?

change the xx with tt in the link.

I know what you mean. That happened to me after I tried the Kanto glitch. Something I did over there must have deactivated the "jump" trigger on those panels (jumping should be automatic). I also tried a "walk through walls" code to get up to Ho-Oh, but he was all glitched out.

I just reloaded a save from before I went to Kanto and the problem was solved.

antzmaster89

Upcoming Master
    Years
  • Haha I just started playin gold again and realised how much it sucks compared to shiny gold lol so glad Zel is makin this game as well, With the pikachu thing phsycoduck its asking u to b on ur team and u need a free spot on ur team, i was told a while back when i first started playing shiny gold... Been a while since ive posted here as well lol gotta get back into it

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    I know what you mean. That happened to me after I tried the Kanto glitch. Something I did over there must have deactivated the "jump" trigger on those panels (jumping should be automatic). I also tried a "walk through walls" code to get up to Ho-Oh, but he was all glitched out.

I just reloaded a save from before I went to Kanto and the problem was solved.

i think your right.

because i just recently tried out the kanta glitch.

i dotn know if i have any saves going back before the glitch i might just have to wait till B4 comes out.

thanks for the reply!

and once again keep up the good work zel!

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
  • Wow, been playing through this more and I've realized I like it better than Pearl.

A few things I noticed:
    - When entering some routes and places, the screen shows the picture of a cave. Always the same cave, and it appears in many different routes and places (the first time you go there). Anyone else see this?

- Seems like most trainers have the sinister music play when you battle them. This seems a bit out of place when the little girls come up to you saying "Hey it's a trainer! Let's battle!" with that sneaky, evil music playing. Is this a bug or just something that...happens?

- In sprout tower, some staircases overshoot (when you reach the stairs, you keep going another step before the game takes you up a floor).

- Some very odd songs stuck in places (like goldenrod, whew). Maybe it's not a bug or anything, but again, whew. Goldenrod.

Anyway, this game (yep, NOT just some "hack," but actually "game" now) is really shaping up! Those were the only bugs I could see that weren't mentioned on the first page :)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Beta4 Preview Released

Keep reading, or just skip for the good part :)

I have a few questions but will only ask one now. Will there be any gym leader rematches?

That depends on trainer slots. So, your answer for when the main game is finished.

After I fight the Rocket Duo in Mahogony Town, I keep getting errored when the leader (Guy in the computer next to a Pidgey?) fights me. It freezes for a moment and then the intro plays.

Another weird problem, most likely due to patching over a not correct or clean version of Fire Red.

Usually events need to have a flag to work, even if it's just a jumping script. If you activated the flag during your travel in Kanto, then I don't care.

A few things I noticed:
    - When entering some routes and places, the screen shows the picture of a cave. Always the same cave, and it appears in many different routes and places (the first time you go there). Anyone else see this?

- Seems like most trainers have the sinister music play when you battle them. This seems a bit out of place when the little girls come up to you saying "Hey it's a trainer! Let's battle!" with that sneaky, evil music playing. Is this a bug or just something that...happens?

- In sprout tower, some staircases overshoot (when you reach the stairs, you keep going another step before the game takes you up a floor).

- Some very odd songs stuck in places (like goldenrod, whew). Maybe it's not a bug or anything, but again, whew. Goldenrod.

Anyway, this game (yep, NOT just some "hack," but actually "game" now) is really shaping up! Those were the only bugs I could see that weren't mentioned on the first page :)

We already talked about the first person views in the past, and the stairs in the S.Tower. I will not touch the stairs, but maybe something could be done with the fpv. And the sinister music thing, well, I think there is some kind of bug in PET that generates the problem. Probably it could be cured with hex... But that would be tiring to fix...

OK. The good part is that, seeing as it's a lot of time since the last release, I just decided to make a little "Preview" of the Beta4. So, you can play a bit more of the adventure, and mainly, just to let you taste a bit of the changes going on in SG.

There are, however, a few things to keep in mind, so pay attention:

:pokeball: The Preview will end at the route before entering the Victory Road, so you won't make it to the E4 in the Preview.
    :pokeball: That I also left the original script for the Red Gyarados, so you'll battle the usual Gyarados at Lake of Rage, sorry, the R.G. will be only after the proper B4.
    :pokeball: Just in case you are wandering around Kanto, don't go into the buildings at Vermillion, Saffron and Cerulean, 'cause I deleted the new maps in the Preview (to avoid curious people), and you could end up getting stuck.
    :pokeball: I don't care about glitches the Preview could have right now. The Beta Testing Phase has not started, so, just keep the glitches for when I really need'em.
    :pokeball: The Preview is gonna be uploaded at the First Post, as always.
    :pokeball: You can play as the female trainer now. I think I just need to do her surfing sprites, only.

That's all I can say so far... Other than me being busy, but I always say that, so you already know that... :P

*Uploads Preview in First Post*

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, Zel, your doing a great job. It's amazing how much time you spent into this project. And you even managed to squeeze in a preview! Great job Zel, and good luck!

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Umm the pokedex is the National dex otherwise the game wouldn't recognize your starter pokemon... or any other ones that werent in the R/B/Y series

The reason you think it's the kanto dex is because its a Fire Red hack, which as you should know, takes place in Kanto

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back