• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Mh...

I say these places should be redone to double the fun:

-Pokemon Tower
    -Safari Zone
    -Silph Co.
    -Celadon City Under Game Corner
    -Giovanni (maybe?)
    -Lavender Town Radio Tower

Think about it...

And I am also expressing my ideas^^

Zel, you are cool! I have downloaded some hacks but this one is the best and I think the only one I play ^^

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Look,for me at least,GSC is a great game series the only thing that bothered me as that you get a 2 regions in one game (something that you dont have in any official Nintendo Pokemon game except GSC) so wouldnt you think it deserves alot more than 2 little events and collecting badges? If it was only a Gold Remake with no actual changes,I think it'll be a little boring but with some new stuff this game can easily be a good compete to to the original Pokemon games

I defiantly agree with you, it sucked in the original GSC how you would complete Jhoto and become the "elite four" champion then go and be bored to death by Kanto.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    i cant wait for the next beta i love your work zel
    i agree with EkshtrimSama kanto was a bit boring it needs some kinda story

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • -Pokemon Tower
    Please god no. Don't convert RADIO TOWER back to GHOST TOWER.
    -Safari Zone
    There is NATIONAL PARK.
    -Silph Co.
    ROCKETs are gone. SILPH serves no purpose.
    -Celadon City Under Game Corner
    Again, ROCKETs are gone.
    -Giovanni (maybe?)
    Well, if GIOVANNI is here, ROCKETs wouldn't have any interest in attacking RADIO TOWER (they attacked GOLDENROD RADIO TOWER in order to contact GIOVANNI)
    -Lavender Town Radio Tower
    Agreed.

Think about it...

And I am also expressing my ideas^^

That's OK.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Pokemon tower - I think its pretty stupid from nintendo - a giant graveyard turned into a Radio tower,I think that it should be on another location in Lavender,and not a huge tower where the huge Poke'mon tower from 3 years ago dissapeard almost completly and turned to a 1 floor house..

National park is mainly for bugs,the safari zone has pokemons from other types too,and it can help with places to put all 386 pokemon

Rockets arent gone completly,they have returned and looking for their master,maybe in Kanto youll face Giovanni,which have heard about all that happened and is back to its orgnaizition,thus terrorizing Kanto once again

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
  • GSC was awesome because you could gain access to your favorite old region even when you thought it was all over! It was an amazing surprise to me, and it was very nice to see how things changed. It really irks me when you beat a game and never hear from the characters or see the old places again.

BUT I do agree that perhaps a more structured story should exist to guide the player through the second region (Kanto). Without it, exploration and conquest seemed a bit aimless. Look at how well the Fight/Survival/Resort island is carried out in D/P, with your rival battling you, the focus on the legendary Heatran, etc. It's still a bit aimless, but gosh was it fun. So was/is future G/S/C Kanto, but it could have used a bit more structuring.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Well, let's make some memory. Zel said that he IS redoing Silph Co. (in fact two or three floors dissapeared), with an event involving Jess & Jamie, who have something to do with the Radio Tower in lavender too. Giovanni is gone.
    About Cinnabar island he was even thinking about some exploration in the volcano. Viridian Forest will be like in gold.
    Ashlee will be wanderering around Kanto. And I'm sure there will be a lot of new events.
    Please use the search option before asking things which are very likely of having being answered before.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, let's make some memory. Zel said that he IS redoing Silph Co. (in fact two or three floors dissapeared), with an event involving Jess & Jamie, who have something to do with the Radio Tower in lavender too. Giovanni is gone.
    About Cinnabar island he was even thinking about some exploration in the volcano. Viridian Forest will be like in gold.
    Ashlee will be wanderering around Kanto. And I'm sure there will be a lot of new events.
    Please use the search option before asking things which are very likely of having being answered before.

And let's not forget about all the legendaries he needs to make events for yet.

Years
  • GJ zel :D

zel, I sent u a PM, I'll be REALLY glad if you check that and answer me.

And so far, it is an A++++ Hack! If Pokemon Staff would try to remake Pokemon Gold, they couldn't do it better ^^

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
    Years
  • just a curious question zel once ur all done with beta 4 like for the trainers and etc.. will there pokemon be at there regular levels or at higher levels? ??
    im talking about the regular trainers for if u want to rebattle them for more training. Thats what I really mean. because different hacks of patches.
    I see there pokemon are at high levels and ill mention 1 hack Pokemon Emerald ++ now that was true challenge ;) but urs will be fun too :P
    Samething for the gym leaders if there pokemon are gonna be at a high level also ?
    The reason im saying that because Pokemon diamond and pearl with the vs seeker there pokemon are a little bit higher so its a suggestion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Try to be careful insert music because other hacks has anooying beep sound. I hope shinygold has non-anooying sound. Back in gold, Gameshark cause a lot of glitches but shiny gold has very few glitch with gameshark.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    Your house

Whats with the pikachu thing behind your house in the left corner?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    That is a nice find that you want to keep secret in case people want to find it them selfs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    just a curious question zel once ur all done with beta 4 like for the trainers and etc.. will there pokemon be at there regular levels or at higher levels? ??
    im talking about the regular trainers for if u want to rebattle them for more training. Thats what I really mean. because different hacks of patches.
    I see there pokemon are at high levels and ill mention 1 hack Pokemon Emerald ++ now that was true challenge ;) but urs will be fun too :P
    Samething for the gym leaders if there pokemon are gonna be at a high level also ?
    The reason im saying that because Pokemon diamond and pearl with the vs seeker there pokemon are a little bit higher so its a suggestion.

Look at the Elite 4 vid...the levels are pretty uch the same there as the original,but theres the X version if you want harder trainers

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I forgot to mention. I saw this game on GBA. My friend has it. He got it from china. He's been playing it alot too. Why is it on GBA? Did you publish it or something?

Of course not. What do we say to Pirates, kids...?

About tileset - Will this tileset be used in the entire game, or just Kanto?

It's the common tileset used for exterior maps, so it'll be found in both regions (pssst... After all, didn't Nintendo used the same tileset for both regions? :P)

One question; can only Togepi hatch from the egg which is obtained at Violet City? Or is it like the system in Pokemon G/S/C ?

In Gold you always get a Togepi, as far as I remember...

Well, will you rework KAREN sprite? It doesn't look good.

And the Trainer class is supposed to be ELITE FOUR not ELITETRAINER. ELITETRAINER is Japanese name of COOL TRAINER.

Since I have a new spriter helping me, then I guess a lot of sprites will be redone. And the Elitetrainer thing refers to music, 'cause I would like to pick the music a trainerbattle would have, and the only thing I found so far is that it depends on the "Trainer class", changing Elite Four to a less specific Class would allow me to make more trainers called "EliteTrainers", and get a different music.
    This is temporary, though.

just a curious question zel once ur all done with beta 4 like for the trainers and etc.. will there pokemon be at there regular levels or at higher levels? ??

I don't know what makes the Vs.Seeker's trainers get their "team LvUps", I think you were refering to that.
    Still SGX is a good game if you are the "I like to train" person XD

I don't think we will be able to rebattle Gym Leaders... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enough trainer slots for making all the rebattles.

Try to be careful insert music because other hacks has anooying beep sound.

I have been practicing. Don't worry ;)

About the discussion on what it should be redone/should remain: Keep in mind that I already planned all the events and all the extra places, so it's pretty pointless to try to change my mind now (you won't be sucessful). After all, the first person who should be happy with the game should be me (it wouldn't make sense to make a game following all the suggestions from all the people, without taking my own decisions)
    So, even though I respect all the opinions, everything has already been decided (well, there's only one exception: the Legendary dogs-or-whatever-you-call-them, and that only in the scenario of not being able to make them run wild)

As I said before the locations that were in the original game will remain in the game (else it wouldn't be a good remake). The addition of events and extra locations is just to make Kanto a little longer (and to have more chances of putting more wild Pokemon)

So...

Silph's building has a few extra floors and an event with J&J occurs there.
    Lavender's Radio Tower is still there (no creepy tower), it will be as small as in the original, as it's really not an important place (but still, another event with J&J occurs there)
    The Safari Zone will be open (no one forces anyone to enter), but this can be a good chance to capture Hoenn Pokemon, if you want to expand the collection.
    The Cinnabar Island will be as in the original Gold.
    And Team Rocket and Giovanni are out of business (we have enough encounters with J&J, and remember, I don't like TR...)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    Would you still make Unidentified Ghosts caychable?

Damn I really want Lavender tower back, The radio tower just ruined the city's significent :(

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • I found a grachics glitch. In the Beta Preveiw. Violet City's Pokemon Center has floor tiles where it's supposed to have black tiles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back