• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I've been playing this game for a long time, I cant help but play it over and over, it's one of the best remakes i've seen, or probably the best.
    Nice work.

Years
    Zel you know there are 25 spot's availeble for fakemon or somethinf else in pokemon fire red ..
    My question is ..
    That maybe a shinou Pokemon or fakemon could be setted in that place..
    it's just an idea .. i know you said no fakes and no shinou pokemon.. but with 25 spots free , it's sure is a waste of space ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Zel you know there are 25 spot's availeble for fakemon or somethinf else in pokemon fire red ..
    My question is ..
    That maybe a shinou Pokemon or fakemon could be setted in that place..
    it's just an idea .. i know you said no fakes and no shinou pokemon.. but with 25 spots free , it's sure is a waste of space ;)

GHOST, lol I don't think that he likes that pokemon though. I'm here waiting for his question answering today though... He may say when he is going to realease shiny gold! (Zel don't quote me again...)

Thats Because the error was that in sg b4 preview it was a error that won't make it evolve only through 3.5 it will evolve ;)
    You say this but my Cyndaquil evolved at all the right levels and i have beta 4 preview... Oh well i dont know... Maybe it has to do with the starter you choose on beta 4 preview?

Last edited:
    Years
    I love to give out ideas and stuff, but what is with all the spamming? Anyways, I just hope that you don't give up on this, Zel. You are like the best hacker I know! (okay, I don't really know you but...) You must keep going and do your best at what you do. You have gotten the farthest out of any other gold remake!!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    GHOST, lol I don't think that he likes that pokemon though. I'm here waiting for his question answering today though... He may say when he is going to realease shiny gold! (Zel don't quote me again...)

You say this but my Cyndaquil evolved at all the right levels and i have beta 4 preview... Oh well i dont know... Maybe it has to do with the starter you choose on beta 4 preview?

meh, you could just patch the b4 preview over the rom your using, and use the previous save...

LCKay

A Hacker of the Future
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    Wow Ive glanced at this thread every now and then but now that I really look at it is amazing what you did Zel. Im going to just wait patiently for it to be finished so I have nothing hold me back when I start:D. I congratulate you on your sucess and good luck in the future with this and any other hack.

LCKay

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Phew... Get ready for a long post this time. I had a lot of stuff to comment on, since I wasn't able to answer the last days.

I have an awesome idea, it would fill a plothole for some fans, how about after the defeat of Red, yu later find him at Viridian with Blue, and this time he actually talks to you, that would be like amazing

Nope. I prefer the silent type of heroes (I'm a Chrono fan, if you want to know ;P) And, I also prefer battling Red at top of Mt.Silver, as it is a bit more dramatic XD

Ive got a big problem.I recently finished BETA 4 preview and i thought it was really good.OK but then i wanted to play just a plain FIRE RED rom so i downloaded one.i took the rom put it in the VBA and loaded it.but when i got to the title screen it was shiny gold!!! and now every time i download fire red its like its already been patched i want to unpatch it.PLZ HELP ME!

Are you using the "Automatic IPS Patching" option in your emulator?, if you are just deselect that option.

I was thinking about Giovanni's absence from the orginal. I think it would be cool to give him some kind of appearance in this game, or to at least say something about what happened to him. He was always one of my favorite characters who sadly only made it though one generation.

Giovanni's not gonna be in the game. But, it could be possible that I could say something about him.

THE MEWTWO EVENT!!! Mewtwo can shoot out of the machine and giovanni can be there (mewtwo bumps right into you and you have to chase him) Giovanni can walk with you and double battle with you and stuff. Help you and give you clues. Y'no. Then when you get to mewtwo he says he doesnt need you anymore and you can leave, he wants to get mewtwo... Then you battle. Whoever wins gets to battle/catch mewtwo.

Sorry, but Mewtwo's event has already been decided.

Ok redone... Is this better? The items are the apricots, the rainbow and silver wings, GS ball, Red scale, secret potion, Strange egg, and train pass. Sorry if you don't need it but i just wanted to try to help. I have an item list if you need it... I will upload it if you tell me to.

Thanks, I think I'll do some item changing (along with the music changing) in the Beta5.

yo, zel, i finnaly got off my butt and got you the pics of that glitch i described a while back (one with the guard blocking stairs, and one saying go ahead)

I need to reproduce the error myself in order to fix it. If I can manage it, then I'll fix it. If not (but it's strange, nobody else seemed to have mentioned such problem)

does anybody know how to evolve a totodile? mine wont evolve,its like lvl 24 so i obandoned it

I want to suppose that it doesn't have an Everstone attached to it, right? I don't know. I have my Totodile and it evolved without problems at the usual Level (Level 18), you seem to have a patching problem, or something there.

Zel A few More Questions

1.Will The GS Ball And Goldenrod Pokemon center be fixed? like in japanese version of crystal. Because theres no celebi event only for crystal i think

2.Would you add a Time Machine to go back in the Past and then Capture Mewtwo? Lol. Just an idea

3. If you could go back in time and Fight Blue, In the Pokemon league and beat him then beat Red Would that alter the timeline O.o

1. The way of getting the GSBall will be different, but once you have it, all you need to do is reaching Cerulean after beating Surge and Sabrina in order to receive a call from Elm, go back to his lab, and he'll tell you to give the Ball to Kurt. After that, it's all the same as in the original.

2.Nah, Mewtwo's event is already decided (besides, it's usually Celebi the one doing the time travelling thing in hacks XD)

3.And, you won't be travelling in time. That's ideas from other hacks.

hey Zel
    1. When you are awaking Legendary dogs, suicune should be in front, raikou in the left and entei in the right like here pokedream.com/games/goldsilver/walkthrough/c_legendarydogs.gif
    2. Will you change tin tower and bellsprout tower tiles ? cuz they look just like in old gb version... will u use D/P sprites for them in final version?
    3. Maybe u can use pokemon mystery dungeon overworld sprites for some legends like mew, jirachi, legendary dogs (i love raikou sprites:)) , Latias and Latios from here img155.imageshack.us/img155/8228/pokemonmysterydungeonripslr1.png

1.But that's Crystal's order. I'm playing Gold, and the order is the one I used.
    2.I prefer the retro-style, but don't consider them as definitive, even when I had a hard time inserting them (hard because I don't like to do such things XD), D/P sprites or D/P tiles? Anyway, I don't care much about interiors, yet.
    3.I think most of them are bigger than the FR/LG/R/S/E sprites (there are a few that could be replaced, but not too many)

I made something for you x3, hope ya like it!!!

Jojo! Thanks! :P

And a question: Why when u have mystery egg, the sprite shows oak's parcel? In UNLZ-GBA it's simple to make an egg instead of parcel!

(As long as unlz doesn't say: "Too big" XD) anyway, I'll do such changes in B5.

Anyway, I'm exited about re-building my Pokemon Crystal team again. It had a few Legendaries but back then everyone used them right? :P Anyway I think it was something like Mewtwo, Celebi, Blastoise, Charizard and Typhlosion all level 100. They were great and I was really proud of myself for getting Celebi. :D

You have luck, as with the exception of M2, you can get all of them in the next Beta :D

Zel Few More Questions!
    Would you add a battle tower?
    Would you Make Reds Battle Real hard and Harder in the X version?
    Will you make cinnibar island a dump like in the Game?

I guess the Battle Tower would be one of the extra places in the end. I don't think I will be able to do Red's battles too much hard, because I think his team will most likely close to the 100s. And, yes, it must remain as it was in the original (else it would be a too big change. I prefer to stick to the original there)

the screens of the powerplant look really good zel, nice work but what TM will the manager of the powerplant give you consdering zap cannon isnt in the TM list

But, it is in the TM list now! :D

Oh yea, Zel, how will you be able to a pichu volt tackle?? Is it even possible?

Wasn't the Volt Tackle thing something related Crystal?
    By the way, we are in the advanced generation. The Volt Tackle thing hasn't been added in this generation as well?

Maybe a waste of space. But other hacks are doing that already (is SG like a mix of all people's wishes? Don't think so :P)
    No, no 4th gen Pokemon.

hey zel what other sidequests will there be for beta4? i know that theres Celebi.....but what else?

The usual sidequests for the original Gold. Anyway, you'll soon find it out.

how much badges can i gain in beta 4?

All the Johto Badges, and 3 Badges from kanto (Vermilion, Celadon and Cerulean)

-----------------

*Takes a deep breath*

...Well, that's all I had. Hope I have answered all the important stuff. By the way, as I was selecting posts I saw a lot of participation from the mods/admins, even when it's great knowing so much people is helping to keep the thread clean, this also means a lot of people is doing its best to spam it. So, do me a favor. You like Shiny Gold right? Then help me to keep the thread clean, if you don't have anything important to say, then I prefer that you keep it to yourself. In return, I will not lose my mind and I'll keep working happily :)

I will not extend this (already) long post with screenshots, so wait till my next post!

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Wasn't the Volt Tackle thing something related Crystal?
    By the way, we are in the advanced generation. The Volt Tackle thing hasn't been added in this generation as well?

Volt Tackle is a Pokemon Emerald only move.
    You bread a Pikachu (who holds a light ball) and the pichu which hatches will know Volt Tackle.

I wonder if Volt Tackle will be available, since Emerald was released after FR/LG. So I am not sure the attack is in the game hidden in the data.

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
    Years
    the only way i would find out if u trade a pikachu with volt tackle already i mean from pokemon emerald
    with a different pkmn from shiny gold.So that would be the only way to see if that attack can work at all ;)

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Volt Tackle is a Pokemon Emerald only move.
    You bread a Pikachu (who holds a light ball) and the pichu which hatches will know Volt Tackle.

I wonder if Volt Tackle will be available, since Emerald was released after FR/LG. So I am not sure the attack is in the game hidden in the data.

your wrong. emerald came before fr/lg in japan version

So that might solve ur answer and yes u can only get volt tackle in emerald

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2007
    Hey Zel, you make fun games play you're a awesome creator of shiny gold!

Last edited:

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    ...Well, that's all I had. Hope I have answered all the important stuff. By the way, as I was selecting posts I saw a lot of participation from the mods/admins, even when it's great knowing so much people is helping to keep the thread clean, this also means a lot of people is doing its best to spam it. So, do me a favor. You like Shiny Gold right? Then help me to keep the thread clean, if you don't have anything important to say, then I prefer that you keep it to yourself. In return, I will not lose my mind and I'll keep working happily :)

I will not extend this (already) long post with screenshots, so wait till my next post!
    I agree, this topic must be clean. It's full of lame posts that already have been answered...

Seeing Red talk, Giovanni appearing, and the Mewtwo event are just lame ideas, since it would totally wouldn't be right, I'm glad u denied those ideas, Zel.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    I agree, this topic must be clean. It's full of lame posts that already have been answered...

Seeing Red talk, Giovanni appearing, and the Mewtwo event are just lame ideas, since it would totally wouldn't be right, I'm glad u denied those ideas, Zel.

I honestly dont think Giovanni having a cameo appearance is that lame of an idea(it'd probably make someone somewhere happy)...but whatever, everyone has their own opinion.

Anyways...I asked this before, but I haven't got an answer. I haven't played all the way through so correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard Clamperl is the only way you can get Whirlpool. That brings to my mind a few potential problems. What if you released that Clamperl?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back