• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, Clamperl is the only way to get through Whirlpools, so if he was ever released,...

Then you're doomed.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    Yeah...I'm not going to release him, but what if someone did? I was just bringing this up because I thought Zel'd want to make the hack as complete as possible.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Guys, Clamperl isn't the only pokémon which can learn whirpool naturally, there are TWO other pokémon, and at least one of them is catchable in Johto.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Yeah...I'm not going to release him, but what if someone did? I was just bringing this up because I thought Zel'd want to make the hack as complete as possible.

Mudkip (ONLY Mudkip), Wailmer, Wailord, Clamperl, Huntail, and Gorebyss learn Whirlpool by level up in FR, so I doubt Zel took that out of their arsenal XD

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Yeh they know that, they was just wandering how else you could use whirlpool if you released the clamperl that lance gives you.

But why should someone release a clamperl if he/her knows that that is the only way(except of cheating or something like this) to have whirpool?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    u should already have whirpool, when u beat team rocket lance gives u clamperl, the poke has whirlppol taught to it already so get the poke from ur party or box and switch it.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
    But why should someone release a clamperl if he/her knows that that is the only way(except of cheating or something like this) to have whirpool?

I dont know why someone would do it, just another person was asking if there was another way to use waterfall if someone released it!

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    This is pretty darn good!

this is really cool. Only qualm i have is i already caught ho-oh with only four badges.... what can i say? I usually have a lvl 30 Quilava before i even start first gym...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Volt Tackle is a Pokemon Emerald only move.

Then that means that in Gold such move didn't exist, then I'm fine with it, because I'm remaking Gold :)

I have a question- are you going to implement the actual Johto dex order in place of the Kanto one in the final?

I don't remember if there was something about repointing that could allow you to change the order. For now it's ok, maybe it could be a little extra at the final version.

i cant wait for the release of beta 4, have you changed any sprites? if so what kind of sprites have you added? id love to see some revamps/recolours hehe

For now (as soon as Marnic finishes it), we would have many new sprites, specially for the heroes. After that (for Beta5), we'll try to add some pokemon revamps (as long as I can get along with unlz, I don't want to be using rom space for revamps)

Only one more set of screenshots are left. This time we finish the events at Cerulean!

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

I'm not editing leader's overworlds yet, before you ask. Also, remember that that Rocket speaks very funny in the original, so I'm not making mistakes there :P

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    Good to see you again zel! Great job as usual. 2 months ago, while sifting through the preview maps, and most Kanto maps were messed up, except for Vermillion, which had I strange cave! When you said that thing about the ship sinking, I infered that the cave was how you get to Vermillion. Good plot devise! (Might Guy thumps up!)

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Ooh, Zel's online.

Only if we see Misty dating Ash, sigh... I don't think u will add Ash there knowing u.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back