• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainee

~~~rom hacker in training~~~
Years
  • man u did gr8 job i am playing pokemon shiny gold.and it is really great u really did a gr8 job keep it up actuallly i am playing it on emulator and it have some problems.some doors are not opening like the light house door.and the biggest problem is that it has no walkthrough.but whatever problems it has u really did a gr8 job and try really hard.if u can help me plz reply

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    some doors may not work as Zel may have forgotten to create a warp but in a project as big as this you have to give him credit also it is a bit annoying when people use msn or text laguage please try to say great instead of gr8

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Firstly Zel, Thanks to a awsum game its B2 is alot better than the ENTIRE Original Gold i cannot wait until B3 comez out

Just a little tiny suggestion though i just caught a mudkip (i wont tell where cause i dont want to spoil for anyone else) but it was on LV1 and it took me 10xPokeballs and 6xGreatballs to catch it even though it was asleep!! could ya make it weaker easier to catch or increase the lv of it -_-

Also can you catch torchic in B2? cause if so dont tell me where it is i wanna find it meself ty

ainee

~~~rom hacker in training~~~
    Years
  • yes she is is right some low level pokemons are very hard to catch and also at the game corner you cant get charmendar and larvitar.and iam saying again i am new here dont know the rules and use msn or whatever so sorry and dont get annoyed so easily and ZEL you really did a great job keep it up.and one more thing that i want to share to make this hack more good is that if the wrap code is use that is 82031dbc 3802 it will get u to the birth island and after catching deox wehen you get on the ferry it will take you to vermillin city of fire red and you can then play in fire red hope you understand

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    Oh more glitchies: You should consider removing some moves because my togepi used metronme-volt tackle

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Oh more glitchies: You should consider removing some moves because my togepi used metronme-volt tackle
    That's not a glitch! Volt Tackle is a move in the Advance generation, and I think, to keep it like FR/LG, where new moves, etc. are still there, he shouldn't mess with any TMs, HMs, attacks, or anything else like that. It makes it more challenging and interesting when the game is a bit different from what you remember.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Oh more glitchies: You should consider removing some moves because my togepi used metronme-volt tackle

Hey, my togepi beat the ghost gyms gengar with luster purge (a latios/latias only move) gotta love once in a lifetime shots :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2008
    hi. just wanted to say you're doing a great job! keep it up.
    say no to pirates. lol
    I played the B2, and got 2100 coins, it took me a while and then.. no charmanda for me. :) oh well. this must be the best pokemon game ever.
    oh, a glitch you haven't mentioned in the 1st post: Ard apeares twice- firstly before fighting sudowoodu, and second when beating it and winning the bug contest, if you enter the contest area again.
    also, it'll be great if the bug-contest will happen more than once. you see, I'm a bug maniac and all my favorite bugs can be found only there..
    also, more TM's would be great. I dunno if you can make more than 50 TM's, but maybe it's posible with move-tutors?
    p.s I found mudkip too. it was pretty easy to catch. I find paralyze the most effective status for capturing pokemon. but my scyther's flase swipe is even better. :):):)
    and ainee, thanks for the code!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Alright soo I've just started the game and I can tell you that the old man looks away from the sea as he tells you about it, I will post anything I see for I ahve my trusty NOTEBOOK with me.

I don't know but he faces the player for a second, then turns. Don't think it's a big deal, though.

Well here's a glitch I guess.... down in the basement in Golderod city, in the big store, I walked towards a boulder. Now the character wont move, and it's stuck. T_T I tried to reset, and turn it off but still wont do anything...

Probably because the boulders were supposed to be something else (boxes), since I haven't done the part were those boxes/boulders disappear (with TR in Goldenrod's event), I have forgotten about doing something about them. It should go to my Not Fixed List...

some doors may not work as Zel may have forgotten to create a warp but in a project as big as this you have to give him credit also it is a bit annoying when people use msn or text laguage please try to say great instead of gr8

It's not that I have forgotten, it's just that I haven't made the part where you're supposed to enter...

Firstly Zel, Thanks to a awsum game its B2 is alot better than the ENTIRE Original Gold i cannot wait until B3 comez out

Just a little tiny suggestion though i just caught a mudkip (i wont tell where cause i dont want to spoil for anyone else) but it was on LV1 and it took me 10xPokeballs and 6xGreatballs to catch it even though it was asleep!! could ya make it weaker easier to catch or increase the lv of it -_-

Also can you catch torchic in B2? cause if so dont tell me where it is i wanna find it meself ty

In case you haven't figured it out, all the starters are gonna be in Lv1 (if not, why should they be called starters?, hehe) And, the starters are meant to be hard to catch in the game originally, and I think that's ok.

I'm still testing, but I think that I'm gonna stick with FR... (not too sure yet, but almost)

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2006
    Probably because the boulders were supposed to be something else (boxes), since I haven't done the part were those boxes/boulders disappear (with TR in Goldenrod's event), I have forgotten about doing something about them. It should go to my Not Fixed List...

I'm still testing, but I think that I'm gonna stick with FR... (not too sure yet, but almost)

Well glad I could help in someway to make it better. Also, there wouldn't be anyway to help me with this problem? Since now im stuck there and the music plays weird.

Oh and, great game really. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2007
    The starters are gonna be at lvl 1? wow thats gonna be harder to win battles than......are the wild pokemon near New Bark Town gonna be at lvl 1 too....so it would be easier to win battles and catch pokemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    The starters are gonna be at lvl 1? wow thats gonna be harder to win battles than......are the wild pokemon near New Bark Town gonna be at lvl 1 too....so it would be easier to win battles and catch pokemon

I don't think that he means the pokemon you get at the start will be level 1. Totodile, cyndaquil and chikorita should be lvl 5. He means the R/S starters that you get during the game, and anyway, whats the big deal about it being lvl 1? i got my treecko to lvl 7 in one battle just by switching it out at the start.

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Hey zel. I am doing a Pokemon Silver remake but i haven't showcased it yet. I am sorting out the maps at the moment and the big rocks in the water at cherrygrove are giving me a bit of trouble :S im sure i will figure it out though. See ya.
    P.S: This hack is awesome

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • The starters are gonna be at lvl 1? wow thats gonna be harder to win battles than......are the wild pokemon near New Bark Town gonna be at lvl 1 too....so it would be easier to win battles and catch pokemon

Starters = Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, and the other Johto Pokemon you couldn't pick.

Silver suppose to battle you in Burned Tower and near the hole where you fall and saw Entei, Raikou and Suicune but when I got to Burned Tower, Silver doesn't battle you and he's far from the hole. Why?

Overposted like a million times... I'll try to see if making the event a little slower I could fix it, however that bug happens to some people, while to other (including me) don't, perhaps depends on the rom...

Hey zel. I am doing a Pokemon Silver remake but i haven't showcased it yet. I am sorting out the maps at the moment and the big rocks in the water at cherrygrove are giving me a bit of trouble :S im sure i will figure it out though. See ya.
    P.S: This hack is awesome

Great, nice to hear more remakes are coming! Good luck with the mapping, use my maps to guide yourself (but don't just take them!)

All right, I'll post something else. What do you think of this?

test1hr1.png
    test2qj7.png

Is it FR?, is it D/P?, is it Emerald? (or is it just crap? :D). By the way, the map's just a test, nothing serious.
    I'm still learning, but I have a good time putting D/P's tiles into this thing. Oh! And I'm also respecting FR pallets, tiles, and blocks (whenever I can), so if I copy a map made in FR, it'll most likely remain like if it was untouched (of course, there must be some fixing)

Another thing, since I also learned to edit the palletes, I may decrease the palettes brightness, since I'd like a tone kinda like Treecko's.

That's all for now, as you can see, I'm still not decided...

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Awesome yeah you can confuse people now on which game this is. damnit i cant ever put in new tiles because my Advance Map never makes a pal file

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Nice job you've done there bud, really. I mean wow. Those are some very nice tiles too. Have fun and experiment away. Also, if you need any tiles, I have alot whole lot! Too much really. I also have the real D/P tree, you can have it. You're coming along great zel. Keep up your extraordinary work buddy.;)

Btw, it's Emerald. I'm right huh?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    So Zel, how are you doing right now with the hack? I'm becoming inactive at the moment, but I do check up on this hacks (and other hacks too). Well, I have nothing to say, but I just hope that all goes well and that Shiny Gold will come out the best GSC remake yet! Kudos to you Zel! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back