• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Hi guys! I'm bringing a small surprise for ya...

Well, I'm going to let B4 evolve. What do I mean? Well, it's just that I've been doing a lot of palette changes for the outside tiles, so I'm giving new life to the overused FR tiles. I like how everything is turning up, so I'll bring (maybe) a screenshot to show how is the Johto's "new look" soon... (I don't know how much I'll resist to show something, but I want to also put those D/P tiles I made before... Many graphical changes are coming... Weird in me... I wonder how long this will last... :P)

As Shurikenway said, the 3.5 comes this Sunday... At least this time it'll be better (good if you just played one version, now you'll enjoy the other ^-^)

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Lol it took me all morning but i finally finished readng all the new posts *takes a breath*

B3 is awsumness i am still up to mahogany and i downloaded when it came out.

Also, will we have to restart AGAIN when B4 comes out?

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
  • I joined these fourms just to download Shiny Gold, I have to say... Nice work. It's awesome, I'm enjoying it immensly.

Oh and two glitches I found (which didn't seem to be on the list on the first page, sorry if these have already been posted)
    -In the checkpoint between mahogany and lake of rage, where there is the team rocket guy who charges you 1000coins to pass, if you talk to one of the rockets, he acts as a pokemon centre. Not sure why.

-In the burnt tower, when you see your original rival as you enter, he walks one space down every time he is talked to until he walks off the map and restricts walking in front of him by automatically talking to you.

And a question, is there something I need to do in order to use rock smash, as when I try to use it, it tells me I need a badge. In the original GSC no badges were needed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    I joined these fourms just to download Shiny Gold, I have to say... Nice work. It's awesome, I'm enjoying it immensly.

Oh and two glitches I found (which didn't seem to be on the list on the first page, sorry if these have already been posted)
    -In the checkpoint between mahogany and lake of rage, where there is the team rocket guy who charges you 1000coins to pass, if you talk to one of the rockets, he acts as a pokemon centre. Not sure why.

-In the burnt tower, when you see your original rival as you enter, he walks one space down every time he is talked to until he walks off the map and restricts walking in front of him by automatically talking to you.

And a question, is there something I need to do in order to use rock smash, as when I try to use it, it tells me I need a badge. In the original GSC no badges were needed.

Yeah, those two glitches have already been dealt with. About the Rock Smash thing, in Fire Red, you needed a badge to use Rock Smash, and it would require a lot of work to change the scripts for that.

The Boy of Soul.........

U must know who i am........
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2008
    Hello everyone, i'm new to this.First i have to say well done to Zel and hope he contnues making pokemon shiny gold.I wanted to ask everyone that , i saw pokemon shinygold on eBay, and wanted to know if they are just copies or if you can complete it.I saw on the back of the box of what the sellers were selling, that it takes around 25 hours to complete the game.I do not know how to play it on my computer.Thats why i am asking you about the game on the GBA cartridge, so i could instead ply it on my GBA SP.Thanks. p.s. well done Zel, your doing a great job.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    Hello,

Any hack that is being sold on a cart is exactly the same as what is being made and shown on forums, All they have done is dumped the game onto a cheap cart and boxed it up... and ofcourse selling it to unsuspecting idiots.

Anyway absolutaly awesome hack!!!... My fave was naranja before this but this one is just purely awesesome!!.. Although I wont be playing it untill it is complete.. i'll keep checking back though.. keep up the great work!

Richard

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Hello everyone, i'm new to this.First i have to say well done to Zel and hope he contnues making pokemon shiny gold.I wanted to ask everyone that , i saw pokemon shinygold on eBay, and wanted to know if they are just copies or if you can complete it.I saw on the back of the box of what the sellers were selling, that it takes around 25 hours to complete the game.I do not know how to play it on my computer.Thats why i am asking you about the game on the GBA cartridge, so i could instead ply it on my GBA SP.Thanks. p.s. well done Zel, your doing a great job.
    You really shouldn't buy it. I mean... why buy something that was not meant to be bought? O_o

Well, all you have to do is download a US Fire Red ROM, VisualBoyAdvance and Lunar IPS. (If you google them, I guess you'll be able to find them.) Then, you have to install Lunar IPS. If you install it, double-click it and select the ROM you want to patch. Then, use VisualBoyAdvance to play the Fire Red ROM.

Or, you can refer to this post entitled "Before PLAYING a hack".

Hope I helped you.

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    zel should use the Seel's sprite for Gyarados's sprite because their shape are similar

sorry,my english is bad

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    What ? beta 3.5 ? Well, i miss something oOo

Psst ^^ zel ?

I came back in kanto, with gameshark, and... OH MY GOD ? What have you did in the best region ever ?

Kanto is COMPLETELY DESTROYED !!

Is that a glitch in my shiny gold ? There're blue rocks in every road, everywhere !

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    What ? beta 3.5 ? Well, i miss something oOo

Psst ^^ zel ?

I came back in kanto, with gameshark, and... OH MY GOD ? What have you did in the best region ever ?

Kanto is COMPLETELY DESTROYED !!

Is that a glitch in my shiny gold ? There're blue rocks in every road, everywhere !
    I think that because zel has changed some tiles in some tilesets,so the old tiles have used in kanto will be changed,all of that make Kanto messed up

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I think that because zel has changed some tiles in some tilesets,so the old tiles have used in kanto will be changed,all of that make Kanto messed up

Yes just like vx4theflash said. But zel doesn't approve use of cheating in this hack, some cheats could really interfere with some of the new scripts in the hack and mess it up. So it hasn't been actually destroyed, but though your not supposed to go that far in the game. He probably needs to revamped Kanto a little bit to fix up everything thats needed. So its NOT A GLITCH. Just wait till he finishes with Blackthorn, E4, and the rest of the hack, for the later betas'.

Beta 3.5 Coming Out Tomorrow
    , Cheers to those who've been patient.:D

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Ok Im not sure I should say this, cuz last time I mentioned it I never really got a responce, but its been happening to my far too frequently. Maybe its the rom I am patching but whatever.

My name changes half way through (sometimes at the very beginning of the game) to a bunch of random symbols.

This at first was my only problem with the beta, so after many times of restarting I thought why not play even with a whack name. So i did, but thats not the only problem. All my pokemon (right off the bat) are disobeying me, like they would if i didnt have a badge, they disobey orders, fall asleep and whatever. Even my starter, even when I just receive them at level 5.

Colin

TotW spriter
    Years
  • I love this hack project a lot.
    I hope I can be as good at this as you someday, Zel!
    Maybe you could teach me a bit...
    I haven't really played the whole 1st, or 2nd beta but, I'll try the 3rd beta.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • ALRIGHT, I've finally figured everything out. Yesterday night I re-ran the process and it actually worked!! This morning I tried on my other computer and it worked again. I stayed up all night playin'. Thanks evry one who helped. Awesome hack, Zel. Cant wait for B4

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well you know you what, you need to learn to develop some patience, cause i don't take that from anybody. Zel is not going to grovel to anybody to have Beta 4 by the next day(which can't possibly do that). If your still playing SG with the rival having a lv22 starter in Azalea town, then your still playing a double patched rom(its normally lv16), which could lead to problems later on so i advised to stop, and wait for 3.5 on Sunday, cause you haven't gone far enough in the game to appreciate a worth value save.

hey hey, calm down man, what's bolded up of what you said seems like you might have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Well, I haven't played SGX yet so I thought maybe that's the starter's level in SGX? It might not only be a double patched ROM. I mean that just leads to weird things like glitches, not battle stuff. Yes, guys, 3.5 is coming out. Nothing new, only fixed stuff.

Hi guys! I'm bringing a small surprise for ya...

Well, I'm going to let B4 evolve. What do I mean? Well, it's just that I've been doing a lot of palette changes for the outside tiles, so I'm giving new life to the overused FR tiles. I like how everything is turning up, so I'll bring (maybe) a screenshot to show how is the Johto's "new look" soon... (I don't know how much I'll resist to show something, but I want to also put those D/P tiles I made before... Many graphical changes are coming... Weird in me... I wonder how long this will last... :P)

As Shurikenway said, the 3.5 comes this Sunday... At least this time it'll be better (good if you just played one version, now you'll enjoy the other ^-^)

YES!! AWESOME!! I love this new you Zel. Your sudden need of changing up tiles is great!:)

Ok Im not sure I should say this, cuz last time I mentioned it I never really got a responce, but its been happening to my far too frequently. Maybe its the rom I am patching but whatever.

My name changes half way through (sometimes at the very beginning of the game) to a bunch of random symbols.

This at first was my only problem with the beta, so after many times of restarting I thought why not play even with a whack name. So i did, but thats not the only problem. All my pokemon (right off the bat) are disobeying me, like they would if i didnt have a badge, they disobey orders, fall asleep and whatever. Even my starter, even when I just receive them at level 5.

Never heard of anything like that before. My only guess is the original FR ROM. Make sure it's a good one. And if I understood correctly this also happened to you in B2? Well in B3 make sure, before getting a new FR ROM, that you're not playing B3 on your B2 patched ROM because already there it causes some problems.

Double patched ROMs are bad! Avoid them!

Pokemon_X

Trainer
    Years
  • the not-shiny gyarados

I think i know how you could make the gyarados shiny:
    in fire red in the trainer tower, there is someone with a shiny espeon.
    Maybe you can use that to make the gyarados shiny, but since I
    don't hack that much myself i have no idea if this will help.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think i know how you could make the gyarados shiny:
    in fire red in the trainer tower, there is someone with a shiny espeon.
    Maybe you can use that to make the gyarados shiny, but since I
    don't hack that much myself i have no idea if this will help.

Are you sure it's shiny every single time? Because the odds of encountering a shiny pokemon anywhere are 1/8192. Maybe that trainer got lucky for one battle. How many times have you tried battling this trainer? If it was more then once, was the espeon shiny every time? If it was, then maybe zel can work with that, but I think it was just due to the fact that it WAS the 1/8192.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back