• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
  • Hi, I caught Ho-Oh when I first got to tin tower (after fourth badge) and I mentioned it already, Zel said, that he has fixed it already and next Beta you just can go to Ho-oh after obtaining the Rainbow Wing. I don't know why there was no Ho-oh after getting the rainbow wing. Maybe you haven't patched on a clean rom, that would explain your problems.

Years
  • First Page said:
    Q: Why has been the Badges order altered?
    A: Because the order you get the HM moves has been altered between FR and Gold. And, unfortunately, I need to stick with FR's order.

There you go, good friend.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    it doesn't matter in wich direction you beat the gymleaders, as long as the hack follows the origonele story

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Sorry about the ambiguity in my post on your thread. Here's the (hopefully) less confusing version. I saved my game outside of tin tower and went into it to catch the pokemon that were inside (thinking that I couldn't yet catch Ho-oh). When I got to the top, Ho-oh appeared and thrashed my at-the-time-weak team. So I turned off the game and resumed outside of tin tower (where I had previously saved) and went back up to make sure I could still encounter Ho-oh. Once again at the top, Ho-oh appeared, so I once again turned off and back on, resuming at the bottom of the tin tower and thinking that I would go back later for Ho-oh. I went on and came to the point where the director of the radio tower gives you the Rainbow Wing, and I thought that since this is the point in the game where you are supposed to get Ho-oh, I guess I'll go back to the tin tower and try again. I got to the top of tin tower and saved. I approached the edge where Ho-oh appeared before and nothing happened, I tried three times and turned the game off and on, resuming at the top of tin tower. I tried again, but it was as if I had killed Ho-oh already or I didn't yet have the Rainbow Wing. The only thing I can think of that would cause this problem is if the Rainbow Wing somehow is reversed in the programming. In case I am being ambiguous again, I think the trigger for a Ho-oh appearance is backward, resulting in being able to encounter Ho-oh without the Rainbow Wing (the program thinks you have it) and not being able to encounter with the Rainbow Wing (the program thinks you do have it). Sorry if anything I said insulted your programming or otherwise intelligence, but I wanted to be as clear as possible! :) Thank you for reading my lengthy message, and I hope it helps! ~kire89 :P

That's not true..I captured Ho-oh right before I battled with Carlos outside Ice Cave..that's after getting the Rainbow Wing too.

Lash

Years
  • Don't worry, I'm also playing Gold, and I'm making my maps by looking at "Gold Map"
    Will there be an event where Carlos an the Rival team up? Do you really think Silver could join with someone... Well, I think about his personality... So I guess he's just an arrogant boy who likes to be alone and battle everyone. I don't think he'd enjoy... my company... :D

Ya, with his attitude I dont think he would. But when will Carlos appear, before or after the Pokemon League?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2007
    I can't catch any pokemon. When I throw a pokeball the emulator crashes. I'm using a Mac, BTW.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    i don't know much about emulators and that kind of stuff, but it may ly on your emulator, because you are using a mac.
    if you go to the official visualboyadvance site there will(i think) a special emulator that will fix the error.
    try it.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • i don't know much about emulators and that kind of stuff, but it may ly on your emulator, because you are using a mac.
    if you go to the official visualboyadvance site there will(i think) a special emulator that will fix the error.
    try it.

No thats not the problem, I'm on a mac and it saves fine for me and I didn't have to do anything special. I just patched the rom and that was it.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2007
    Where did you get those screen shots? They look pretty cool. Hope its real but your hack is still really good Zel. Can't wait to play beta 4.

Years
  • zel great hack but can i add one thing. You know when you fight team rocket with lance, you should double team them, Like you and steven in emerald.
    If its too hard dont worry about it then

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • As always, the update for the end of this post... ;P

kk, i'l post the screens of them later today.

also, want me to post screen of the rina dante glitch too?

No, just posting about the problem of the policeman is enough, since I don't want to replay the game to reach that area.

Hey Zel, nice work on the sprites. I'm not one to judge but.. the female sprite looks like she is a cartoon, what with the black outline and all. I don't seem to recall trainers with black outlines. Oh well, maybe you can fix that, and then you might be satisfied?

Anyways, good luck Zel.

Well, I have changed that black outline for a kinda dark gray, hoping that would smooth the image. That's all I think I'm gonna touch of that sprite.

Sorry about the ambiguity in my post on your thread. Here's the (hopefully) less confusing version.
    ~kire89 :P

Hmmm... I like the detailed explanation, thanks!

However, it's still weird how you battled Ho-oh, restarted (which makes all the setted flags turn off), and you went on, and when you returned, Ho-oh wasn't there.

I'll blame a flag I could be using in two different events, so, just to be safe, I'll change the flag I used for the start of the event of Ho-oh. Obviously, people who will play B4 from B3's save will get another shot at Ho-oh (anyone wants to make a team of Ho-ohs? O.o)

In the House near the Gym there's a plant which you can walk on.

Which house? Which Gym?

But when will Carlos appear, before or after the Pokemon League?

He'll show up... everywhere... :P
    Nah... Once in Kanto his appearances will be less, since J&J and Ashlee will take more importance. Still, you will find Carlos outside Cerulean's Gym... with a team that could beat you in seconds... So keep training... ;)

This also brings the fact that I'll be changing the moves of the extra trainers in both versions, trying to make both versions challenging (of course, I'll not touch the moves/levels of the original trainers in the normal Shiny Gold)

I can't catch any pokemon. When I throw a pokeball the emulator crashes. I'm using a Mac, BTW.

Well, there's always the possibility of not having a clean Fire Red rom... I've been playing (as a lot of people) without any kind of freezing problems (excepting problems caused by me messing with a specific script. But normal FR stuff should still work)

I don't really know what you were talking about with the last posts, guys. About a possible GS remake for the DS? Well. I don't really care about that, but I think there should be a thread for that kind of discussions, right? Obviously, good for the people of Nintendo if they ever decide to release one! But, here we talk about the hack... ;)

Finally, about the updates... Well, there are two things: One is that I finished Cerulean (without modifying the Gym... that will be on hold till I ruin Misty's date... :laugh:) But, right now I need to finish a few events that I left incomplete, 'cause we will receive a call from Elm asking to go back to Johto, so that the event with Celebii (and a little necessary extra event) occur. So, I need to take a boat ride (finishing that event), and make all the events involved in the "return to Johto"

What was the other thing? Oh, right... I finally figured out how we can change the moves taught by TMs (It was easier than I thought), however, you need to "re-teach" all the pokes to know which TMs they can learn, and which they can't. (Using PokeAmplifier). When I finish that, I think I'll write a small guide (it's really simple, anyway)

That's all, guys... I'm a little tired, but I'll have a look at other threads (I saw a thread of Marz...? X_x)
    Bye!

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    Another few issues I found:

1. The rival's Gastly knows Tackle, which is illegal.
    2. On Route 39, there's a sign that says MEGA PUNCH can be used to shake pokemon out of trees. Pretty sure you meant Headbutt there.
    3. Can't use Bicycle on Routes 38 and 39, although I can enter them on bike from Olivine City.

Also, if Bugsy gives the Toxic TM has a reward, does it mean we'll get another one from Janine as well? Though I do realize there's no Bug move TMs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Alright am I missing something here? I am playing shiny gold X and it won't let me past the entrance to icy cave. I also don't get shiny gyarados, yet I'm seeing videos on youtube how people get it. Am I using the wrong firered ROM? Is there somthing beyond beta 3.5? plz respond.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back