• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    damn there are alot of g/s/c remakes.

all i got to say is...

zel/pokemon shiny gold FTW!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Soo... you changed the first safeguard for sweet scent... Well, it's more useful. I'm amazed with what you are doing. Good luck!

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years
  • Hey Zel,
    I was just wondering if you were getting tired of the music from FR and LG in the game, because in that case, I could help you with remakes of a lot of the g/s/c music.
    Just PM me or respond to the forum.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Hey Zel, I don't believe this has been asked yet, but I apologize if I'm wrong.
    Since you are using FR to do the game, will you/can you make the Elite four work the same way? meaning, will they get significantly stronger the second time you challenge them?

Years
  • No point in dwelling in the past, but alas, almost every question has been answered, and yet, people (not saying you, cuz you didn't know) keep asking. Personally, I only came back to PC to visit this thread, but it get's full up of n00bs and such. I personally don't think 118 pages (I increased each page and number of posts) are very succesful, because if we filter the n00b stuff out, you would probably get about 20-30 pages of useful stuff.

Anyways, (on topic now) Zel! Umm.... what can I say to stay on topi... Oh! I know! Do you have the overworld sprite of all the characters you need? I have some if ya want, (including Gym Leaders (of Johto) and Prof. Elm).

Tyr

Years
  • I'm stuck because of the Farfetch'd =( How can get Farfetch'd to the boy or is there some alternative to get Cut HM?
    Can anyone please help me? I've looked here around in the topic, and the search thing didn't help me out much too ;___;

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • farfetch'd can be annoying, but that's the only way to get cut. just try approaching him from different sides until you get it ride

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Farfetch'd was so hard, I used 5 repels just to get cut!
    Oh and zel, can u PM me about how to put wild always-shiny pkmn in a hack? Cuz I'm starting one and I want to put a shiny unown somewhere.

Lash

Years
  • Shiny Gold is the only thing that keeps me away from Diamond and Pearl xD
    I have played some good Johto hacks, but by far, this is the only one that I think is really good.

the dark one

A.E. (or) MEWKWOS (bwahahaha)
    Years
  • I'm stuck because of the Farfetch'd =( How can get Farfetch'd to the boy or is there some alternative to get Cut HM?
    Can anyone please help me? I've looked here around in the topic, and the search thing didn't help me out much too ;___;

speeking of Farfetch'd, zel I have been spriting and I have made a Farfetch'd sprite that you might want to use for pokemon shiny gold. I'll make the back and sides later.

Years
  • hey zel i know u said not to mention any bugs in the preview but this more of a warning for poeple who are in the ice caves. dont talk to the blouders once you push them down the hole. it will crash ur game.

Years
  • Well dude, first, my game is fine, so I didn't make the mistakes you posted. Then, I think, as many already told you, that you patched over a wrong version of FR, or the rom you downloaded already had a problem (how would you know if it wasn't already patched before you download it?), try to get a rom from other sources, that could be the only advice I could give you.

You're right.The rom was already patched.When you have 10 to 12 copies of a rom with the same name it becomes dificult to know which is patched or not:P .Anyway this is the best johto hack I've seen so keep up the good work ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Went: Well, there are a lot of new places that I wish to add but sometimes it's difficult to think where to put them, so that's when I consider them as "extras", and in my plans "extras" are the last things to do, as they don't add directly to the game's story. So, most of them (other extras are legendaries and some extra places) you'd see in the final release. For now the game will not be complete, and stuff would be implemented mid-game.

aaronburnsyou: I tried to be fair with the types, if you see the list, there are three fire-type moves, and I didn't want to overdo them. I guess you'll need to trade a poke with Overheat from a different version.
    By the way, as Went said earlier, I decided to change that extra safeguard for the original tm12 from Gold, which happens to be Sweet Scent (I'm trying to stick to the original and I didn't want to favour any type with one more offensive movement)

Erimgard: When I was doing the E4, I was checking how Nintendo did them, and seems like there is a flag to make the second wave. I'll try to set that flag then, but their teams don't show up in PET, so I guess I'll have to hex-search (I have the idea that I'd find a lot of extra trainer's lineups if I hex-search, but since I still have trainer slots left, then I'll wait)

Raz: Well, I don't have problems with answering the same questions a few times, if they get a little repeatitive then I just add'em to my FAQs and that's it. As long as people actually read that FAQ then we would all live in peace :D
    By the way, I never liked that word "noob" that everyone seems to enjoy to say to other people... *sad*

Now, about the contributions. If it is about overworlds, then you know what I think about that, still, Raz, I'd like you to send me a few if you want (because, as long as they are not the ones from Platinum, and I can give proper credits and all that stuff, then I'm interested)
    For the dark one, I liked the farfetch'd you made, once you make the back and sides send them to me, let's hope they can end up looking good also.
    kyogre1940, as long as you remember we need to work with midis, and that it should be your creation, then it would be great if you could remake the old generation music (However, it's not something I'm desperately in need for, so you can take all the time you want, and send me something so I could test how it would sound once inserted in-game, which is the important thing with all this "music changing" matter)

That's all, I reached the Power Plant, but I need to map the interior and script it too. I also have to take care of an important practical work for my Uni, or I'd be in troubles, so this weekend and the first days of the next week that thing will have my attention, after that I'd be a little more free (Maybe? I don't know what the future has for me in the next corner XD)
    Buh-bye!

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Hi Zel,

I was wondering how you are gonna implement the "Day of the week" family who give you Hold items for your pokemon.

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years
  • Just to warn you, Zel, the midi files aren't as good as the ones in FR, so, if you want to use .wav or .mp3, that would make the quality better, and overall a bit easier for me. But, if you seriously can only do midis, okay. I'll start now...

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    What do you want to do recreate the music of the original Gold?

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I don't feel like looking thru 100 pages. :P

Why did zel call the elite 4 "elitetrainers"? I know that he did not call lance "champion" because he would get your rival's name, but why didn't he just keep the name "elite 4"?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I don't feel like looking thru 100 pages. :P

Why did zel call the elite 4 "elitetrainers"? I know that he did not call lance "champion" because he would get your rival's name, but why didn't he just keep the name "elite 4"?

If I remember right it had somthing to do with the music assigned to that name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back