• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    "Me am a TEAM ROCKET member king of guy"

LOL.What king of speaking language is he tolding about ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    "Me am a TEAM ROCKET member king of guy"

LOL.What king of speaking language is he tolding about ?

read before you will post something. Zel said: "Also, remember that that Rocket speaks very funny in the original, so I'm not making mistakes there"

Nice Misty sprite Zel :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    hey Zel, u will change pokemon battle sprites right? So you will revamp them from gold version or you will use D/P sprites?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Hey Zel, just thinking ahead here, but how are you going to plan out the "Legendary Dragon atop the Ice Path" event?

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
  • There seemed to be a bit of confusion a couple pages back about Volt Tackle. Volt tackle couldn't be obtained in the games prior to emerald (including fire red) however it is still programmed into the game. In emerald if you breed two pikachus/raichus and the mother has a light ball the baby pichu will have volt tackle.

Anyway, since it is programmed into the game, it would be cool if the Pikachu in New Bark had it when you find it. I personally don't like the move but I'm sure many people do :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2007
    I'd just like to say that this is the best looking Pokemon hack I've ever seen. I've always wanted to see a 2nd Gen remake. This really is some good (and hard) work you've done. I'm glad you are continuing the project even after you stopped for a while (a virus, I heard). Anyway, I will look forward to seeing future screens and betas available. Hopefully one day you'll be able to pull off a full working hack. Heck, I'd even eBay an illegal copy of that just so I could play it on my real GameBoy SP (unless there is a better way of getting it on there). Anyway, like many others are saying - keep up the good work. Don't get discouraged. This project is awesome!

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    hey zel, think of how many people have registered at this site just to comment on how amazing shinygold is. including myself.

can't wait 'till beta4, keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2007
    The hack is very VERY awesome however, if this is gold, how come profesor OAK gives the intro...Shouldn't it be profesor ELM?
    Can't this be changed?
    Thanks

JOSH

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't really like it when ppl register 2 this site just to download shinygold, cuz they end up asking obvious questions like that "isn't elm supposed to be in the intro?". ugh, really annoying...

only if Christos could clean up the mess... would she do it? i wonder...

Edit:

to Har D Har:

Gold version was my first video game ever too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Good game zel! good Job. i have finished the beta lol. the stupid thing is that I trained my pokemon on shiny gol d x beta 3.5 and then repatched it to beta 4 and my pokemon overpowerd every other so that pretty sucks lol no competition but nice game zel i hop you finish it soon!

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    For now (as soon as Marnic finishes it), we would have many new sprites, specially for the heroes. After that (for Beta5), we'll try to add some pokemon revamps (as long as I can get along with unlz, I don't want to be using rom space for revamps)

Do I understand this correctly? So Beta 4 will include new sprites? Ow's I presume, can you be more clear?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Zel, I have a question. Will that Clamperl be in final version? Because I suppose it'll be replaced by Whirlpool HM when you find the way to make one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    read before you will post something. Zel said: "Also, remember that that Rocket speaks very funny in the original, so I'm not making mistakes there"

Nice Misty sprite Zel :)

Yes I knew...it was just ironic...well it's french humour...

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
    Years
  • that's the best hack, zel! i hope you can finish it all the way... johto dex and everything... your work gives me inspiration in composing johto music... but i'm still confused in composing those 4-channel gameboy waves using BoyScout program... composing directsound music is easy with the right music composer, except for that drumbeat...

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I have a question.
    What problems might happen if I did this:
    I play shiny gold beta 4 preview up to Blackthorn. I savestate in the pkmn center.
    Then I download beta 4 (when it comes out), and load the savestate from beta 4 preview.

Is this a good way to NOT restart every time a new beta comes out?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Only if we see Misty dating Ash, sigh... I don't think u will add Ash there knowing u.

You know me well, then ;P

hey Zel, u will change pokemon battle sprites right? So you will revamp them from gold version or you will use D/P sprites?

They would have totally new poses different from Gold or D/P (thanks to Marnic and friends' work)

Hey Zel, just thinking ahead here, but how are you going to plan out the "Legendary Dragon atop the Ice Path" event?

I was planning on giving some clues at this post, but then I thought I would get guessing posts, so better play the game when it gets released (however, the event there is not finished, as it's an extra, and extras are planned for the final version)

Anyway, since it is programmed into the game, it would be cool if the Pikachu in New Bark had it when you find it. I personally don't like the move but I'm sure many people do :P

No, I prefer other games to give the move. It didn't exist in Gold, then it doesn't exists in mine.

Heck, I'd even eBay an illegal copy of that just so I could play it on my real GameBoy SP (unless there is a better way of getting it on there)

Stay away from the Black Market (aka Ebay), if you put it on a flashcard, then I don't mind (as long as you don't plan to sell it later XD)

the stupid thing is that I trained my pokemon on shiny gol d x beta 3.5 and then repatched it to beta 4 and my pokemon overpowerd every other so that pretty sucks lol no competition but nice game zel i hop you finish it soon!

Next time, there will be an X version (can you imagine X's E4? I'm still thinking what powerful moves I'll give'em :badsmile:), so don't expect things to be that easy

Do I understand this correctly? So Beta 4 will include new sprites? Ow's I presume, can you be more clear?

For heroes, yes. For pokes, in Beta5.

Zel, I have a question. Will that Clamperl be in final version? Because I suppose it'll be replaced by Whirlpool HM when you find the way to make one.

There is an extra HM I could use (don't remember what was it), and Rock Smash should be a TM, but then I would have to remove one of the TMs I have... Hmmm... Decisions, decisions...

What problems might happen if I did this:
    I play shiny gold beta 4 preview up to Blackthorn. I savestate in the pkmn center.
    Then I download beta 4 (when it comes out), and load the savestate from beta 4 preview.

Is this a good way to NOT restart every time a new beta comes out?

You are free to keep playing the game from where you want, as long as you understand that I could be adding events in places you already passed (the clear example is the Red Gyarados, you won't be able to battle it). Anyway, you shouldn't have problems if you do that, just make sure to patch the Beta on a clean FR rom (not the one you applied the patch for the Preview, that just to prevent problems)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Getting more anxious every day =D It's just like when D/P Came out =D=D=D

Be prepared for me to report glitches I find when you release B4 =D (Too much MMO beta testing lately LOL) Not that I expect to find any, since you're an awesome hacker XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back