• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    Those screens look great!! Ooooh that scripting looks like it was complicated >.<

I wasn't sure about the pallete changes at first, but it looks good, especially looking at the train in the forest ^_~

legends

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    nice hack dude cant wait for the beta
    and very nice hack and screens :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2008
    I hope you's wont give up when your makin this .....I like to play gold and silver and crystal ,my friend and i where arguin about how They where the best generation of the series's,Good luck Zel

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • CAn someone help me ? Its really annoying only being able to take a step a minute >.<

Saving the game
    When attempting to save with Pokémon games, particularly FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald, you may encounter saving errors. These should not be ignored as there are points in the game that will save and reset the game. As the game will fail to read the save data after the game resets, you'll lose data.

It's simple to fix, however. Navigate through the menu bar and select Options. Go through the emulator and save type submenus. In Save Type, there should be the option Flash 128K. Select this.

You may have to discard previous save data for this to work, however.

That fixes your "1MB circuit board" problem. For VBA, are you running too many programs? VBA runs slower than normal if your running alot of programs and it together. If you have other users on your computer, switch to them and exit their programs as well. If that's not the case, then I don't know what to tell you.

Lash

Years
  • The Beta only goes up to after the fix of the Power Plant?
    Eh, though it does'nt sound like much, there is still alot of awesome events in between, no wonder.
    And I don't know if this question has been asnwered or not, but is the Snorlax at Vermillion catchable?

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • No, you cannot catch Snorlax in beta4 as you cannot go to Lavender Town and get the EXPN card (that has the poke flute channel on it).

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    That fixes your "1MB circuit board" problem. For VBA, are you running too many programs? VBA runs slower than normal if your running alot of programs and it together. If you have other users on your computer, switch to them and exit their programs as well. If that's not the case, then I don't know what to tell you.

When you downloaded your FireRed ROM, Its should have come with a Patch.. Apply it. I cant remeber if thats what fixs it but I dont have that problem after I used it..

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • CAn someone help me ? Its really annoying only being able to take a step a minute >.<

I got the 1M Circuit Board working but speed is still a big problem what do I do :(

The reason why is because your computer is slow. if your computer is fast then the vba will run faster, but if you have slow computer then you have a slow game. have you tried boycott advanced? that might solve your problems (and cause new one's relating to patching

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Zel, I really do love your hack. I can't wait for the final version. As for my progress, I've beaten Claire, and I hatched a shiny Smoochum! (Does anyone know if you can trade Pokemon from ShinyGold using VBALink to an actual FireRed version?)
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 17, 2008
    yeah iv tried trading & it always worked

& also Zel are you going 2 be updating the main page with some new screenshots??
    just curious

Last edited:

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • When you beat the game and the Elite Four that means you could trade to other games aswell. Man I want this game on GBA but don't know how to get it on a spare cart or how to get one alltogether. I don't even know what I use to put it one there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    when I try saving I get:

"Save error.

Please exchange the backup memory."

I already changed the save type to 128k, does anybody know what to do with this?

//EDIT: I also tried deleting the .sav file created by the emulator and re-opening VBA, but that didn't work either

legends

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    this hack is kick ass, it is very good and I see alot of new and nicke scripts in here :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    vba isnt making my computer slow my vba just runs slow but only with fire red and fire red patches every other game runs perfect

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    is 3.5 the one that goes all the way 2 the powerplant? because im stopped at ice path.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back