• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Skarn

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Pokemon Dawn Of Kanto
    • Introduction
      This hack is based on a time before the R/B/Y days, which is why I decided to use Gold tiles. Um, I'm Kazaam (Ooka) and this is my hack. I really expect good things from this, but the only thing that might hinder it's completion is the need of a spriter. Well, this is the thread for the hack Dawn Of Kanto.

• Story
      I don't want to give too much away, but the main character is going to be Red's Father(although not revealed in the story, as a child. On the day that you are of age to become a pokemon trainer, you leave to get your pokemon. When you arrive at the lab you find an aid for Sam, who gives you a pokedex and lets you get a pokemon. He then tells you that Sam is in Viridian City visiting Agatha and he wants you to come and visit. When you show up you find..... well, that's a secret.

• Features
      • New Tiles
      • New Hero
      • New Story
      • Headbutt Trees
      • Day/Night System
      • More to come....

• Screenshots
      Spoiler:

• Main Information
      I know before I even submit this that people are going to complain about some things so read this list before you start:
      • The grass animation is not yet fixed
      • Neither of the heros are fully edited
      • The tiles are a little bright
      If you have anything that you don't like that isn't on the list, feel free to post it. I will consider any opinions given by people other than what's on the list. Um, I plan on releasing an Alpha after I script Viridian, and then releasing a beta once I map and script Pewter.

• F.A.Q.
      None as of yet but once there are a few pages of posts I'll start adding here.

• Glitches
      I won't be putting anything here until I release the first beta, although I hope there isn't much going to be put here XD

Current Staff

~Kazaam~-Scripting/Mapping/Story/Tile Management/All Sprites/Palette Editing
      Erimgard-Beta Tester/Mapper
      thethethethe-Scripter

• Maps
      I'll post some of these when I'm done with most of the mapping.

• ~Progress~
      %=Done
      %=In Progress
      %=Not Started

%Pallet Town(Alpha Release)
      %Viridian City
      %Routes 1-2
      %Pewter(Beta Release)

• Credits
      • Don Patch-Tiles
      • ♠Ex-Subject Banners
      • Balladofwindfishes-Red Sprites
      • thethethethe-tile animation guide
      If I missed you just pm me.

• Banners
      If you feel inclined to make me one of these things it's fine.

If you are using one of these just replace the ( and ) in the code with [ and ]

Pokemon Skarn

Code:
      (IMG)https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/kanto-banner.gif(/IMG)

Last edited:

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Looks like it could be a very promising hack. Good luck to you.

Plan on adding any new music?

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
    well the background grass tile is kinda eye pain if you ask me, but other things are looking good though :)

piplup_pryde245

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    hey i forgot to mention kazaam you said you needed a spriter i think you did if you did just p.m me or just post a reply on this thread thnx either way

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well.., looking good so far...

Oh, and I like the plot/storyline of the hack! Keep it up, Kazaam!

Best of luck and always aim high!

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    It looks good, but my personal opinion is that the palette is bad :x.

I'm sorry, but the colours don't match xD. I like the ground tile you did though.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
    Years
    cool, but will you darken the tiles coz its tu bright and pls change the grass,oh and will you also change the looks of the pokemon centers and marts

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I think the grass is to bright.
    And the big tree is a bit weird.
    But yeah no G/S/C remake ^^.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    yeah... the ground is very bright... the grass is so simple-looking... the male's OW is like a ghost...

well.., hope you change them and best of luck as always. ;)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Yeah, I agree with everyone.
    I love all of the other palettes -- trees, planes, grass, etc.

I just think that the hero's OW is like a ghost, just like everyone says, but I think you can change that with a simple edit in Overworld Editor.

P.S. If you want me to help you out with some scripting, that's fine. I'm also a very good spriter, so you can ask me for that too.

Ooka

Years
    I guess I'm going to answer a few things that you guys said you have. Um, I was hoping that you guys would read the first post and see that I am changing the tiles. I am just trying to find some better ones.

MegaTailzChao said:
    Plan on adding any new music?
    I don't plan on adding any music, mainly because I have no experience with Sappy or the likes so I am hoping to get someone else to do that for me. Right now it's not a prioriy so I'm not even worried about finding someone to do it for me.

thethethethe said:
    Looking Good. I've only got one question. Did you chnage the grass animation?
    No, I sure haven't, but if someone could possibly just let me know how to do this, or possibly even want to do it for me, I would let them.

piplup_pryde245 said:
    hey i forgot to mention kazaam you said you needed a spriter i think you did if you did just p.m me or just post a reply on this thread thnx either way
    Well, just go to the team sections and post an application to be a spriter for the team.

the pog said:
    Nice but the hero's Pallet looks Broken :o
    Esmas said:
    I just think that the hero's OW is like a ghost
    Next time can you at least read the first post. I believe it says that I am changing the sprite as soon as I get a spriter. I plan on inserting the sprites of Red.

trainer lupe said:
    cool, but will you darken the tiles coz its tu bright and pls change the grass,oh and will you also change the looks of the pokemon centers and marts
    Saurav said:
    well the background grass tile is kinda eye pain if you ask me, but other things are looking good though
    ♠Ex said:
    It looks good, but my personal opinion is that the palette is bad :x.
    Milanor said:
    I think the grass is to bright.
    And the big tree is a bit weird.
    destinejagold said:
    yeah... the ground is very bright...

I plan on working on some tiles sometime today, since I am home from school and will be working on the hack for the majority of the day. I want to at least accomplish scripting Pallet town and changing the grass tiles. I just want to make them a little darker, so that it isn't so hard on the eyes. Plus, when you walk on the game with those tiles, it looks like the ground moves with you.

Well, I guess I'm going to surf the web for about 30 more minutes and then get started since it's only 9:18 here.

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    ah you got it up ooka :)
    here's to Team Hack Attack's first hack! *celebrates*

Yay!!!

Back to the hack, I am uploading the changed grass palette tiles now, and I will change the picture again once I have the whole Hero Sprite thing changed.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Looking good so far........
    Keep it up
    Id like to see more

Ooka

Years
    I've just finished adding Red's OWs, now I'm going to go and try out his backsprite and intro sprite.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I don't Say much ços I get straight to the Point:
    This HAck is going to be BIG!

Pizzakoe

Back