• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oh god this game was fun. xD Something so simple managed to kill so much spare time. Although I do agree with you, it was too short! I'd like to see a new version of it haha, that'd be pretty fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A fun game, imo - pretty neat and fun to replay even all these years later.

Certainly a game I would like to see a 3DS sequel of.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I enjoyed it also, simply to see pokemon in 3D, however I do think it was aimed at an even lower age group than the pokemon games themselves.

Zeus

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2012
    I still have it for my N64 and I even play til this day!

Anyone ever get a good shot of Mew? =)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Agreed it was a short game, but I did it over & over and never really got bored of it, which I guess is a good sign for a game!

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    definitely aimed at the younger and more casual gamer - but i loved it because of that. playing it was so fun but at the same time felt like i was just relaxing (even though some shots were still challenging)! if they come out with a remake/sequel, i'd totally play.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I desperately want a 3DS sequel to this. They could even make it AR, where Pokemon pop out of where you are...it would be so great. :(

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
    Years
  • I desperately want a 3DS sequel to this. They could even make it AR, where Pokemon pop out of where you are...it would be so great. :(

I completely agree. Pokemon Snap was probably one of the most unique games released on the n64 and it was a blast. A remake would be a dream come true. I wonder why Nintendo never did this in the first place. Heck, if they made it for the 3DS i'd actually buy the 3DS just to play it.

Years
  • I was playing this the other day when I found it in my N64 funny enough.

I love this game. Its simple and fun. Brings back memories.

Years
  • Ah, Snap.
    I loved that game (well, I still do, but.) It was one of thos games that you could play for hours ans hours and hours and not get overly bored with it. Some of those shots were really tricky to take. I miss it- I haven't been able to play it in years since the one I played on belonged to my friend.
    A remake would be pretty awesome, especially considering how many different pokemon there are now, and the graphics and tech. advancements on what we had then (Like the 3DS's gyroscopic capability.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Oh gosh I miss this game so much , I wish I had my N64 still.

Fun Times.

AnastasiaStardustXiaolong

Resident Zacian
    Years
  • this game............its always in my heart and i still play it. it was the first pokemon game i EVER played it was so fun- and yes i did get a real close shot of a sparkling mew

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    I never played it, but we got our N64 games off a local market so we were very lucky to get Pokemon Stadium, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Along with Pinball, this was easily one of the best spin-offs. Sufficiently unique to justify its own existence and with really fun gameplay, it'd be really good if something like a sequel or a remake on a new system. I can remember spending an absolute age playing the final level trying to snap Mew. It was certainly a flighty little critter, but that's just what made that level so satisfying when it was eventually completed!

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
  • Younger me loved trying to figure out how to get the best shots...

Older me has not yet seen if he still enjoys it, but the likelihood is high.

However, I don't really want to play it again, just in case I no longer like it. so I will still have those unspoilt memories of fun.

Back