• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Sour Crystal (improvement hack)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello again.

Pokémon: Sour Crystal is hack that is full of 'Quality of Life' features to give the player an overall better experience. This hack's goal it to try and improve upon most of the original game's known flaws while retaining the overall Gen2 feeling as best as it can.

This hack's features Include:

• New Custom Pokémon Sprites done by me. Over 200 have been tweaked/redone
  • A Challenge Mode System which can be set during a New Game
  • A fully-functioning Safari Zone with 4 custom Biomes to explore
  • Unique Party sprites
  • Updated Stats up to gen9
  • Updated Move properties: Base Power, Accuracy, effects .etc
  • Updated Movepools
  • Upgraded trainer rematch system to make grinding more enjoyable and rewarding
  • A complete overhaul of the PC Box which now functions like Gen3. No more saving between boxes required
  • Some post-game Pokémon are now available in Johto such as Houndour and Slugma
  • Upgraded battle color system for more dynamic attack animations
  • Updated attack animations for some moves
  • All 251 Pokémon obtainable
  • Instant Apricorn Balls
  • Visible Berries and Apricorns on the overworld. Each tree respawns at 12:00am each day
  • A Berry Pocket to reduce your main pocket from getting full
  • A new Pager system that replaces the need for HM slaves
  • Reusable TMs
  • The Ghost-Type is now special and the Dark-Type and Dragon-Type are now Physical
  • A new Swarm system with more than 95 different swarms. Swarming Pokémon now have an increased chance of being shiny
  • Almost all bugs from gen2 have been fixed.
  • Kanto has been restored to its gen1 size including some cut areas
  • Kanto now has Headbutt trees
  • All HGSS-exclusive routes and trainers have been ported
  • Trade Evolutions can now also be obtained by using a new item called the Linking Cord or by simply using the item required for trading on the Pokémon. (King's Rock, Metal Coat, etc.)
  • A Move Reminder
  • And many other small goodies to find!
This Hack DOES NOT include:

• Following Pokémon
  • Physical/Special Split
  • No gen3+ Pokémon
  • No fakemon or beta mons

UPDATE: 12/3/24
  • Slightly increased the difficulty of the Radio Tower Rocket Executive battles in Challenge Mode
  • Slightly increased the difficulty of the Kanto Rival battles in Challenge Mode
  • Slightly increased the difficulty of Sabrina's battle in Challenge Mode
  • The NPC on Route 14 asking to trade a Chansey for an Aerodactyl has been removed from the game since Aerodactyl is now obtained via the Old Amber.
  • Route 15 has been slightly modified to match it's original size in Gen 1
  • Delibird has a new backsprite
  • Nidorina has a new backsprite
  • Scizor has a new backsprite and palette
  • Ampharos has an updated backsprite
  • Rapidash has an updated shiny palette
  • Chinchou and Lanturn now have updated palettes
  • Krabby has an updated shiny palette
  • Kingler has an updated shiny palette
  • Obtaining a TM via an item ball now plays the correct sound effect
  • Reflect/Light Screen/Mirror Coat now all have updated animation palettes
  • Rebalanced the level up movepools/EggMoves/TMs of multiple pokemon
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed an issue where trainer rematches would sometimes not trigger.
  • Fixed a typo in the Fossil Scientist's Dialogue
  • Fixed a typo in Seafoam Gym
  • Fixed an issue where a pair of Twins on the SS. Aqua were using an incorrect palette
  • Fixed a small issue with MEW and MEWTWO's overworld script that could cause them to not appear.
  • Fixed an issue in Challenge Mode where Picknicker Selina would not use the correct team.
  • Fixed an issue in Challenge Mode where Picknicker Chel would not use the correct team.
  • Fixed a map layout issue with Pokemon Mansion B1F
  • Scientist's no longer use the Team Rocket battle music
  • Corrected an issue with Smoochum's backsprite
  • Corrected an issue with Jynx's backsprite
  • Fixed an issue where Teleport would not work correctly for the opponent in trainer battles.

IMPORTANT: Save files and PKHEX are no longer compatible. However, wild pokemon gameshark codes and trading with vanilla still work.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Repo:
https://github.com/SoupPotato/Sourcrystal

Credits:
- Rangi ASM Work
- Vulcandth ASM Work
- pfero ASM Work
- Zumi ASM Work

DISCORD LINK:

- DOWNLOAD BELOW -

Attachments

• SourCrystal_v4.2a.ips
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Oh my god thats what i was looking for a long time a go. Simply and updated vanilla. Ppl add bunch of things and forget about vanilla. Gonna play all The night today.

Legendaries are static? Zapdos art and moltres. Mewtwo etc? I hope so. I hate The idea of legendaries in grass found milion times.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Ooo really love the sound of this hack, adding everything from modern day while remaining so faithful to the original game. Trying this out for sure.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Could u make a move relearner? And this hack Will be perfect

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
Is this game a 251 hack? Also wondering if there is a Round 2 Pokémon League?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This honestly feels like a "when past merges with the future" sort of concept with regards to the features. Since this borrows elements from polished crystal, is there a 60 FPS feature as well?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Oh wow, i hope your version of routes 47/48's musics is even more cooler than from polished crystal

Last edited:

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Theres no option for waterfall in pokeapp.. U could take out flash. Its useless.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Theres no option for waterfall in pokeapp.. U could take out flash. Its useless.

waterfall is done automatically when you press A on the waterfall, it still requires the Rising Badge though.
Im keeping the need for flash in.
Dark Cave cant be called 'Dark Cave' if its not Dark.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 17, 2022
Several questions:
- Does the fairy type exist in this game? If so, is it physical or special?
- Do some Pokemon have type changes? If so, is there a document listing all of them?
- Is there an document with all of the encounters/locations, a document with level-up moves/TM Locations?
- If so, where may people find it?

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Any chance for a move relearner?
And for some reason, the legendary birds aren't appearing at their respective places (got the 16 badges, Mewtwo and the GS ball)
Other question: how do I get Mew?

uZ1

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Can you make a feature to run with holding B? It would be really nice.
A small documentation about this hack would be also awesome.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Updated to gen 8 moves ?
But what about moves that don't exist yet ?

Edit: will there be a movelist change list ? (would be good for team building) Leveling my totodile and he still hasn't gotten water gun past level 7

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Any chance for a move relearner?
And for some reason, the legendary birds aren't appearing at their respective places (got the 16 badges, Mewtwo and the GS ball)
Other question: how do I get Mew?

You are right, the do not appear. My aplologies I have fixed this bug and will update it as soon as the next version of the hack is ready. Im sorry again.

Updated to gen 8 moves ?
But what about moves that don't exist yet ?

Edit: will there be a movelist change list ? (would be good for team building) Leveling my totodile and he still hasn't gotten water gun past level 7

The movesets can be viewed on the github in 'data>pokemon>evo_attacks.asm

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Please add mew and move relearner.. Then this hack is The perfect one..

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A move relearner will be added when I figure out out to code it. As for mew, I may add it in the future if enough people want it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 30, 2023
Love this hack so far, but I was halfway into stock crystal on my 3ds, I tried to use the same save file but I couldnt get the PPS in my pokegear. Anyway I can still get this? Also, can you add press B to run if its possible? Keep up the awesome work!

Back