• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Age doesn't matter! :P And wow, you're ideas are Win. :D
    4th gen members:
    Platina: The Yellow arc Elite four maybe? I can see her trying to protect the environment...Her personality would probably straighten out any evil ideas. ^^
    Dia: I have no clue...Aqua to get them actual food?
    Pearl: Magma. His hyper-ness seems to fit the group.:P
    And this is kind of off topic but:
    Spoiler:
    It's a scan that I colored. Sorry if it looks retarded, but this is my first time using Paint...^^;

This looks awesome! Color the rest!

Which evil organization would they join?

Red-TR
    Green-Galactic
    Blue-Aqua
    Yellow-She'd take control of everything XD
    Gold-Sorry Gold, but playboy dosen't count as a team....XD
    Silver-I already answered that
    Crys-Go Rock Squad
    Ruby-?
    Sapphire-Magma
    Emerald-THE EVIL GNOME TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wally-?
    Dia-The cooking channel!!!
    Pearl-?
    Platina-Team of butlers!

Years
    Age doesn't matter! :P And wow, you're ideas are Win. :D
    4th gen members:
    Platina: The Yellow arc Elite four maybe? I can see her trying to protect the environment...Her personality would probably straighten out any evil ideas. ^^
    Dia: I have no clue...Aqua to get them actual food?
    Pearl: Magma. His hyper-ness seems to fit the group.:P
    Spoiler:
    It's a scan that I colored. Sorry if it looks retarded, but this is my first time using Paint...^^;
    O.O
    ASDFGHJKL
    FLIPPIN' AMAZING 8DDDD

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Thankies, Ya'll! :D Wow, this totally makes it worth the effort. ;)

Oh, and RedJ, does this mean I'm going to color the scans now?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    No, I'm not just posting occasionally

If any PokeSpe character were to take over one of the evil orgnizations, which one would they take over and how would they change it?

All four Kanto Dex Holders: Team Rocket, of course~ OK, fine, Blue not included... XD

The GSC Dex Holders plus Blue: Neo Team Rocket (hey, two of them were already part of it... Gold would join to TRY to get closer to Blue; Crystal would join to TRY to get closer to Gold XD)

Ruby: Team Magma, though, if you ask me, they weren't evil whatsoever *hates how fire is associated with evil most the time* And I think he'd look good in a regular Magma outfit, so I doubt he'd try and change it~
    Sapphire: Team Aqua. Because I hate Team Aqua, and I hate Sapphire Though I actually LIKE some of her fanart, Frantic fanart included... ._. And because it would work XD
    Emerald: He'd create his evil organization of midgets >=D *shot*

And Idk about the other three XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Lynnx said:
    I really hated the male Magma grunt outfits, but I loved Courtney's outfit for some reason.

Yes, Marge is an exception.

SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    Well, actually, they're not too far in age. Maybe three years difference?

I thought it was only a year apart.

Snoaz said:
    MagmaJewel~ I love that ship. Even though Marge is ehm.. ten years older? ^^; It's still awesome though.

It sure is interesting on one side.

Even though Graceful is pretty canon and <3 of course.

Indeed. I like that one a lot too. Good to see more canon ships in this manga.

Probably because they look more mature in the manga. But Blue's still way too good for Brock. :|

Hah, everyone's mature in the manga. :D

I love the Magma outfits wayyyy better! :O I hate Aqua's outfits. They look so.. ugly. Like a bad imitation of pirates. Wanna-be fashion. :/ But ok, TRs outfits own everyone. Classic black's still the best <3

Ouch. Our first disagreement? :P I don't mind the pirate costumes, makes them look criminal, at least. But yes, TR is the original grunt costume.

Spoiler:

Nice coloring, clover_bookcat. The power behind Paint is underestimated. ;)

Emerald can easily join Galactic, just because of his hairstyle.

And I'm reading a little of R/S again! XD

Clover Cat

Years
    RubyJB88 said:
    I don't mind the pirate costumes, makes them look criminal, at least. But yes, TR is the original grunt costume.
    I'm gonna have to agree with Snoaz, I prefer the Magma costumes. I just love those ears. :D Heh, I remember Red in that outfit...It fits him perfectly. XD
    RubyJB88 said:
    Nice coloring, clover_bookcat. The power behind Paint is underestimated. ;)
    Thanks!^^ Yeah, I'm kinda surprised people think it looks so good, actually, since I judged it as less than average. But if you're satisfied...;)

And guess what? It turns out I'm gonna color some of the scans in RedJ's project!! XD YAYZ. ^^ Thanks for letting me help, RedJ!!8D

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    *crawls in* Hey guys... I was busy with having a life. XD

Huh...? I don't know what's going on... @__@ Is this music-discussion following a topic or something? oô Well. At least it is about PoeSpe... Kinda. >_>

And if you guys can not think of a topic you are free to come up with a scavenger hunt for your own. c: PokeSpe related for sure.

Some nice Ruby fanart~
    Spoiler:

*crawls out*

Edit one: Woot top of the page.~ *dances the Pearl dance*

Edit two: Thanks for the topic Jason! XD
    Nice fan art Valentine.
    *huggles*

If any PokeSpe character were to take over one of the evil orgnizations, which one would they take over and how would they change it?

Red: Team Rocket, but he'd probably make it an organisation that...really shoots for the stars. Like NASA or something.
    Green: Team Galactic, and it would probably be made into an org. that researches Pokemon that live or are said to come from space
    Blue: Cipher...and she could be like Venus. >3
    Yellow: I can't picture her taking over any evil organisation. She's too adorable to be evil. D8
    Gold: Lulzies...I don't really know. Helping Red with Team Rocket?
    Silver: Either taking the throne in Team Rocket and making it a search team for orphaned children's parents, or taking over the Masked Children and...doing...I don't know... I like your idea.
    Crystal: Go Rock Squad from Pokemon Ranger...specalising in capturing Pokemon and...yup...
    Ruby: Team Aqua...and making the base a contest hall. -.-
    Sapphire: Team Magma and making the base a battle hall. >D
    Wally: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... I second this.
    Emerald: Running the Battle Frontier. It's evil in its own way. lol

Dunno about the others.

Well, actually, they're not too far in age. Maybe three years difference? I don't like to hold age against love...doesn't seem right unless it's pedophilia. They do tend to have the brother/sister relationship, but even still, it doesn't put a bar against them being together. My thoughts on that exactly are in Just a Brother.
    Comments bolded. (and I need to read your fic...)

also, I think Blue's parents were living on the Sevii islands. non?

Age doesn't matter! :P And wow, you're ideas are Win.
    Spoiler:
    83 neat. :D

Well, the only thing I can think of is Silver taking over Team Rocket.
    I'm sure he can change it somehow. Besides, the only threat to him is whathisfaceshortguy (Carr, right?) who's trying to take over team rocket.
    Spoiler:

Oh, and here's another topic for those of us in the states.
    Did you buy a copy of Viz's re-release of Pokemon Adventures?
    I did. 8D
    fffff, but the name switch is still there! >:
    Oh well, at least I finally have a copy.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Shi-! Are you serious? It's finally out? 8D I think I might be going to Borders tonight to get a book for this retreat my high school's having on Sunday-Tuesday, so... 8DDD I think I WILL get one, if I see it~

And yes, I'm copying Peaches's theme a LITTLE bit

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years

Shi-! Are you serious? It's finally out? 8D I think I might be going to Borders tonight to get a book for this retreat my high school's having on Sunday-Tuesday, so... 8DDD I think I WILL get one, if I see it~

And yes, I'm copying Peaches's theme a LITTLE bit

ho shinzz, Zuzu's theme isn't Ruby or Riviera this time! 8O

I like your theme Zuzu.

Also, for those wondering where to get Viz's Pokemon Adventures, you can find it in Barnes and Noble or Border's Bookstore. (lol, I found my copy in the kid's manga section of Barnes and Noble. >.>; )
    I think you can also get it on Amazon. Just make sure it's the right copy.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Next week, on my way home and while Im picking up a job application.

Years
    I tried to order it off the Internet...but the stupid shipping charge made a grand total of $12...and $12 is not volume 1 of PokeSpe worth. So now I have to hope the rabid fans don't attack Books-A-Million before I get a chance to go all the way over there >> And no, I can't order it from Amazon because
    1. I lack a credit card- my mom is the only one in the house with a credit card.
    2. My mom also doesn't trust sites like Amazon, no matter what I try to tell her -_- I'm glad I wont have to deal with this one year from now...

Clover Cat

Years
    No, for two reasons:
    1. I'm not old enough for my driver's license and my mom is too lazy to drive me to Barnes and Noble and
    2. I just read it online. I don't care if it's illegal, it's free (and I'm not the only one who does it anyway). :P

And I have a new topic for those of us who don't live in the US:
    If the Pokespe Holders were to be transformed into pokemon, what do you think they would be? Got the idea off of PMD.XD Sorry if this has already been posted previously...^^; But my guesses:
    Red-Lucario
    Green-Sneasel
    Blue-Mismagius
    Yellow-Shaymin
    Gold-Idk...Politoed maybe?
    Silver-Scizor
    Crystal-Latias since she's like a parent to Emerald
    Ruby-Delcatty XD
    Sapphire-Blaziken(original, I know)
    Wally-Gallade
    Emerald-Bagon
    Dia-Jumpluff (WTF? XD)
    Pearl-Arcanine
    Platina-Milotic
    chamo-chan said:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Spoiler:

I was thinking that too!

Not yet, but after I buy my DSi and save some more money I'm going to! Along with Pokemon DP Adventure Manga volume 4!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Not yet, but if they happen to have it at the bookstores here, then YES YES YES YES YES YES YES--
    Yes. I totally will. :D -even has the monies for it~-

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    I read Volume 1, and while I'm happy, there's still a few ticks.

1. The Green/Blue name thing is still switched.
    2. The bad pun-based chapter titles.
    3. No nicknames. Honestly, doesn't anybody on Viz actual READ the manga ahead of time before translating? Nicknames are pretty important to the storyline...back then, Pika's the only one who kept its nickname, but only in the Yellow arc...that'd be kind of confusing later on...jeez, can't they fix the mistakes they made 10 years ago?

Well, the good thing:

1. It's about 5 bucks from the original price.
    2. Right to left.
    3. I love Bill's accent.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    No nicknames? Maaan, you would really think that they would change that for the re-release. :/ Well, if I remember correctly, Yellow's Pokemon kept their nicknames. Red's Pokemon didn't, though, and neither did Blues. (I didn't even know she nicknamed her pokemon until I read some scanlations. )

It's bad that they don't let Red's pokemon have their nicknames. It'll be horrible though if Gold and the others don't get to keep their nicknamed pokemon, being more... 'original'. That, and they even say 'HEY. I'LL CALL YOU EXPLOTARO, BECAUSE YOUR BACK EXPLODES' and 'What are you doing, Mimi?! That's it! I'll call you Mimi!'.

Maybe they don't nickname Red's Pokemon in the translation because he never does such? -shrugs- Whatever their reason is, it's not cool. D: -hugs Poli and the others.-

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Meh, I don't I will buy volumes. Just because.

'What are you doing, Mimi?! That's it! I'll call you Mimi!'

I wonder where "Mimi" came from anyway...

Putting in spoilers since it may get long:
    Spoiler:

Clover Cat

Years
    No nicknames? Maaan, you would really think that they would change that for the re-release. :/ Well, if I remember correctly, Yellow's Pokemon kept their nicknames. Red's Pokemon didn't, though, and neither did Blues. (I didn't even know she nicknamed her pokemon until I read some scanlations. )

It's bad that they don't let Red's pokemon have their nicknames. It'll be horrible though if Gold and the others don't get to keep their nicknamed pokemon, being more... 'original'. That, and they even say 'HEY. I'LL CALL YOU EXPLOTARO, BECAUSE YOUR BACK EXPLODES' and 'What are you doing, Mimi?! That's it! I'll call you Mimi!'.

Maybe they don't nickname Red's Pokemon in the translation because he never does such? -shrugs- Whatever their reason is, it's not cool. D: -hugs Poli and the others.-
    LOL.:D And it's one word: Laziness. The translators are just too lazy to type SEVEN EXTRA LETTERS in the speech bubble, but they still make thousands of dollars selling them because Pokespe fans don't care. And I don't blame them; I'd much rather the plot be awesome with stupid un-nicknames then change the plot with nicknames. Wait...Doesn't the fact that Blue doesn't nickname her Jigglypuff affect the plot later on...? Oh wow, I'd love to see how they try to get around that.XD
    TheViolentTomboy said:
    1. The Green/Blue name thing is still switched.
    2. The bad pun-based chapter titles.
    The name thing irks me. Once again, laziness comes to mind.>( And they still keep bad puns?! Why, WHY, English-Japanese translators, do you insist on using these stupid puns? No one even likes them, so why can't you just number them like the originals do? Honestly, that would be quicker and easier and spare us the torture of having to read those titles, yet you can't bother typing the nicknames?>( Sorry if anyone likes those titles, I just hate the fact that something as awesome as Pokespe has to have this ridiculous flaw...T.T

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    No nicknames? Maaan, you would really think that they would change that for the re-release. :/ Well, if I remember correctly, Yellow's Pokemon kept their nicknames. Red's Pokemon didn't, though, and neither did Blues.

The funny thing is that Yellow's Pokemon didn't receive nicknames until AFTER she caught Caterpie and declared that she call him 'Kitty'.

Kitty. Where the HELL did THAT come from? Who names a caterpillar KITTY?!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't think it's laziness. I mean... Poliwrath is longer than Poli, so I can't see how it's laziness.
    I don't think any of the nicknames are stupid. ;_; I totally think they should have kept Red Pokemon's nicknames, but I can see why they would leave them out. Leaving out nicknames like 'Explotaro' and such will be completely stupid though. And Gold's and Ruby's (and Crystal's) Nicknames for their pokemon have something to do with the story, because there are parts when they name their pokemon.

Heck.. a whole beginning part of Crystal's and her mom's conversation is 'What did you name this one? Does it end in 'ee' like the rest of them?' 'No.. I named him 'Mega' because he has 'Mega' Courage'"

And the reason why they probably kept them switched is because there's still the whole thing with us having Red/Blue here, and not Red/Green.

I wonder what they're going to have to do when they get to the FireRed/LeafGreen arc (if they do), since they kept the names switched as that.

I wonder where "Mimi" came from anyway...
    Feebas doesn't say 'Feebas' when speaking, but 'Miiimiiiiiii'. So when Ruby's Feebas popped out while him and his father were falling and went "miimi?!", Ruby came up with the name for it.

It's the same thing as he did with Zuzu, when Zuzu made that sound because of his nose (I think.)

I'll have to reread that one part, though.

err... if any of this is spoilerish, tell me. XD; -didn't want to spoiler tag everything sooo....-

Kitty. Where the HELL did THAT come from? Who names a caterpillar KITTY?!
    I actually think it's quite cute. :3;; KITTYYYYYYY~ -shot- It's like name a Dog 'Kitty'. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back