• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    haha don't worry I'm not offended xD
    I'm from Taiwan, we get a lot of Japanese stuff since we're close to Japan so manga is sold here both in Japanese and Chinese

here's another question about pokespe translations: is there a big difference between Chuang Yi's and Viz's translations? (the content itself, not the left-right/right-left format or chapter titles)

Well... Viz censores stuff that Chuang Yi doesn't, right? Like pokéboobs XD

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    here's another question about pokespe translations: is there a big difference between Chuang Yi's and Viz's translations? (the content itself, not the left-right/right-left format or chapter titles)

Well, I can't really say, since VIZ only really has 7 (soon to be 10) books translated, but I do have a few differences I noted.

Chuang-Yi:
    -Have a non traditional left to right format. (so everything in their translation of the manga is mirrored)
    -keep chapter names the same (roughly)
    -Have had several notable typos/fail (i.e. confusing Hoenn for Johto)
    -nicknames are present, but are different from their original nicknames.

Viz:
    -Still keeps traditional right to left manga format.
    -punny chapter names.
    -So far, no real notable typos (except for one from what I remember)
    -censoring some parts.
    -inconsistency with nicknames.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    Personally I just feel this helps motivate me to buy the manga itself. I'm probably just gonna buy VIZ, but then again, I might just get the R/S arc... Seriously, that's my favorite arc ever. <3

I'm just honored I was able to finally read it at all actually!
    I have been a fan of it since 2004-2005ish? It was pretty early on in the Ruby and Sapphire arc, and I couldn't get any info on it aside from Serebii, so I was glad when it went up..

On the negative side, many people now are going to miss out on a great title because majority of people in my area believe Pokemon = Kids title. Shame what a shame...

chamo-chan

Years
    Personally I just feel this helps motivate me to buy the manga itself. I'm probably just gonna buy VIZ, but then again, I might just get the R/S arc... Seriously, that's my favorite arc ever. <3

I'm just honored I was able to finally read it at all actually!
    I have been a fan of it since 2004-2005ish? It was pretty early on in the Ruby and Sapphire arc, and I couldn't get any info on it aside from Serebii, so I was glad when it went up..

On the negative side, many people now are going to miss out on a great title because majority of people in my area believe Pokemon = Kids title. Shame what a shame...

It's true.
    That's why I like actually buying the manga. Sure, it's nice to be very up to date and know what happens in recent chapters, but buying the manga can give a message to VIZ and let them know that people really do like the manga.
    (speaking of which, the other day, I tried to get Vol. 7 of PokeSpecial, but it was sold out. I am happy that people are actually buying it...but... ;;;n;;;; I wanted it. )

You can probably find the Chuang Yi translated manga on Ebay. I've seen someone who sells it.

Ah. Funny that you mention that, because in alot of bookstores, PokeSpecial is not in the manga section: it's in the kid's section instead. So you may have to swallow your pride and go to the kid's section to get it. ^u^;

........is no one going to do more captions? because the contest ends on Friday.
    Then I will post up another picture, and the winning captions. =3=

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    ......um......hi guys! Remember me? Anyone?

Well I have been veeeeerrrrrrrry inactive in this club for about um I don't know, probably a year....or so....I barely even remember any of ya'll, probably just Chamo (but that's just because her name and avatar haven't changed a lot).

OK so I want to become active in this club once again, and to do that I'm going to re-read all of PokeSupe!!!

OK so is there a current topic?

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Hey Everyone, I've been interested in pokespecial for sometime and want to join this club :)

Favorite character is Red (obiously :P) and favorite shipping is Mangaquest!!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Hey Everyone, I've been interested in pokespecial for sometime and want to join this club :)

Welcome RedBattler, you'll find lots of people who like both those things too! (MangaQuest FTW!) Anyways, welcome to the group!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Welcome, RedBattler~ Although I haven't exactly been around this place for a while, it's good to have you here! I'm very much as MangaQuest Fan as well though i do also like my yaoi.

Mrf. I did have a topic for this place, but I'm pretty sure that we have already done such a topic, so /shrugs.

MelodyOfSadness

Chocolate Rules!!! ^^
    Years
    Phew! Ever since I got a BlackBerry I've been neglecting pokecommunity
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry
    But I'm back
    XD
    To ease my own guilt, I'll do this!

Spoiler:

All courtesy of the brilliant artists on Pixiv
    If anyone knows the translations for them...Please??

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry
    But I'm back
    XD

Spoiler:

I'm not sure all of that was really PokéSpecial (Leaf xD) but the 8th picture.......!!!! LOVE the fire trainers XDDD Gold&Pearl are soooooooooo adorable and Saph is just funny XD Not to mention Green's epic look of controlness.

Yes. I steal that pic as my avatar now. Where was it from, you said?

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    *sidles in through door*

*side-glances*

*coughs*

Er...hello. I think that's the best introduction I could come up with after being absent for...half a year or so? I think I lost track. Curse school and its misdeeds. And curse the HG/SS arc for being so freaking awesome and making me twitch crookedly in a corner of my room for a fourth of that time.

But I'm sure most of you won't remember that weird mutant cat. Ahem-hem. 8D

So welcome to the many members (who I'm sure have joined while I was absent but to whom I am too lazy to adress individually) of the Pokespe club! Glad to see it still prospers.

Anyway, HG/SS stuff.
    Spoiler:

Oh, how I've missed these discussions so. c:

chamo-chan

Years

Welcome to the cluuuuuub~
    Make yourself at home, newcomer.

Welcome, RedBattler~ Although I haven't exactly been around this place for a while, it's good to have you here! I'm very much as MangaQuest Fan as well though i do also like my yaoi.

Mrf. I did have a topic for this place, but I'm pretty sure that we have already done such a topic, so /shrugs.
    It seems that we have many more Red fans now. ouo
    You can post that topic if you wanted to Peachy.
    yay yaoi

Well I guess since we're on the topic (kinda of :\) of mangaquestshipping, I thought I'd share this!

View attachment 54894

and I'll add this as well...

View attachment 54895

Found both on deviantart (NanamiSonezaki)!
    I've seen those before. Thanks~

I'm sorry, I'm sorry
    But I'm back
    XD

Spoiler:

I love these pics~ owo especially the PokeDex holders in that other pic.
    It's probably a joke about how certain types match personalities.
    Lol I don't think Green really fits that "fiery personality" type.

*sidles in through door*

*side-glances*

*coughs*

Er...hello. I think that's the best introduction I could come up with after being absent for...half a year or so? I think I lost track. Curse school and its misdeeds. And curse the HG/SS arc for being so freaking awesome and making me twitch crookedly in a corner of my room for a fourth of that time.

But I'm sure most of you won't remember that weird mutant cat. Ahem-hem. 8D

So welcome to the many members (who I'm sure have joined while I was absent but to whom I am too lazy to adress individually) of the Pokespe club! Glad to see it still prospers.

Anyway, HG/SS stuff.
    Spoiler:

Oh, how I've missed these discussions so. c:

CLOVER! *glomp* ;3; you are back.
    Also, look at comments in bold. =3= *too lazy to make another spoiler post*

Clover, I agree with basically everything you just said.

To elaborate:
    Spoiler:
    *gives sir a thumbs up medal*

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
    Clover, I agree with basically everything you just said.

To elaborate:
    Spoiler:

WOW! This was sure funny! XD
    (This is what i imagined:
    "Togepi uses Metronome"
    "Togepi uses Guillotine"
    "It's a one-hit KO!")

Welcome back, Clover! =D
    I see that there's a swarm of Red fans here! XD

Well, since no one but Binary Peaches knows me here, I should introduce myself...

I am Guren Reddo! MY favorite characters are Red (Oh really? XD) and Yellow, but I think that every character on Pokéspe have some awesomeness!
    My favorite shippings are Specialshipping, OldRivalShipping and Gracefulshipping!
    I've read all volumes until 31.
    Well... this is it! =D

Last edited:

MelodyOfSadness

Chocolate Rules!!! ^^
    Years
    I'm not sure all of that was really PokéSpecial (Leaf xD) but the 8th picture.......!!!! LOVE the fire trainers XDDD Gold&Pearl are soooooooooo adorable and Saph is just funny XD Not to mention Green's epic look of controlness.

Yes. I steal that pic as my avatar now. Where was it from, you said?

XD haha yeah it's hilarious
    The pictures are all from Pixiv.com, a site where Japanese artists post art they drew and etc.
    I just absolutely LOVE going there to find fanarts~~
    and the Leaf picture is one of four, which each picture has one word of four
    Fire
    Red
    Leaf
    Green

I'll just go hide in my corner and cry now...

Spoiler:

XD
    I love PIXIV!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    @ Melody: those are great fan arts, but they're all game-verse. Since this is a Pokespé club, it's kind of logical to merely post manga-verse art, right? Also, I don't know if the first picture is appropriate for here. So you might want to edit your post.

@ Clover: ah, you're back! :D HGSS still exciting you that much? Well, wouldn't have expected anything else, haha.

Also, a welcome to all the new members. Hope you'll have fun here :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    XD haha yeah it's hilarious
    The pictures are all from Pixiv.com, a site where Japanese artists post art they drew and etc.
    I just absolutely LOVE going there to find fanarts~~
    and the Leaf picture is one of four, which each picture has one word of four
    Fire
    Red
    Leaf
    Green
    to relieve your confusion I'll just post the four pictures. AND MORE!!!

Spoiler:

AAANNNNDDD JUST FOR THE RANDOMNESS,
    Spoiler:

Hoped you liked my raging fanart session~~
    I have more, so when I feel like it, I might post more
    XD
    I love PIXIV!!

I love the art, but yeah as I said before and Snoaz said now, they're gameverse.

I'll go to pixiv now though 8D

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    @MelodyOfSadness: Those are some nice fanarts, especially the first one lol! Poor Gold...and Silver...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back