• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumière

Harmony
    Years
    Hi everyone I recently joined the club! Currently reading the manga feverishly to catch up with you all. Right now I'm reading the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc (now reading vol. 12) so yeah I'm totally behind. So far I haven't met a trainer I particularly disliked. Can't seem to pick a favorite either. Reading a summary of their bios I think Platina (or Platinum) sounds interesting (which is another reason why I want to hurry up and get to that story arc).

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    ^ Welcome
    ^u^
    I'm glad you are starting to read as well.

Oh. This is a heads up you guys.

Viz's Volume 11 of Pokemon Adventures comes out next Tuesday.
    I pre-ordered it, but I don't know if it'll get here tommorow or Monday. If it gets here, I'll be sure to state any differences or something in Viz's version.

Also. 'nother head's up
    Next month, Viz's Volume 1 (Volume 30) of Pokemon Adventures comes out as well.
    Just like the GSC arc having the sub title "Gold and Silver", this has the subtitle of "Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum."

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Wait, how are Viz's manga numbered? Does each arc start with Vol. 1? So it's not continuous like Shogakukan?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Nah, each arc continues with the previous number, so it's like they're all tied together. Unless they changed it with BW...I wouldn't know. I saw vol 8 in a Books-A-Million recently, and it was Viz and it was still vol 8. So I don't think they would change that. For those "Best of" things though, they don't even have a number. They're not fun to read either.

I am probably completely wrong though. @_@ Viz likes to mess us all up though.

...lol hay guyz

chamo-chan

Years
    Wait, how are Viz's manga numbered? Does each arc start with Vol. 1? So it's not continuous like Shogakukan?

Yeah sorry for the weird wording.
    You see, even though the Diamond and Pearl arc starts at vol.30, it would take a while for viz to catch up 30+ volumes. Instead, they are translating the GSC arc simultaneously with the DP arc, but since it wouldn't make sense that there is a sudden jump from vol. 11 to vol. 30, they start the numbering over at 1 for the DP arc, but it's still under the name "pokemon adventures."

EDIT: Syyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyd/Blaaackkyyyyyy/Splaatyyyyyyy~
    *supertackleglompofhappiness*
    ;;;;;;;;w;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That makes more sense I reckon. v_v Sucks that they're just getting around to the GSC arc. And I'm still kicking myself for not buying that one I saw! It had Silver and Smeargle and a splatter. ...No pun intended, I swear.

chamo-chan

Years
    That makes more sense I reckon. v_v Sucks that they're just getting around to the GSC arc. And I'm still kicking myself for not buying that one I saw! It had Silver and Smeargle and a splatter. ...No pun intended, I swear.

Don't worry. These volumes are worth buying.
    ;;;3;;; welcome back. *hug*

•u•
    For you new people, I'd like you all to meet Sydian, the founder of this club~

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was talking about this thread in a group chat, so I thought I'd stop by! ^-^; -hugs back- But yeah, I wish I had gotten it. I'm sooo out of the loop on Pokemon Special now. XD But I remember that I used to want vol. 8 reeeally bad, because the cover had Silver. I was with a friend that day and didn't have the time to sit back and read it either. I should go back and search the shelves for it now, but it might be gone. There was literally only 1, maybe 2. :(

chamo-chan

Years
    I was talking about this thread in a group chat, so I thought I'd stop by! ^-^; -hugs back- But yeah, I wish I had gotten it. I'm sooo out of the loop on Pokemon Special now. XD But I remember that I used to want vol. 8 reeeally bad, because the cover had Silver. I was with a friend that day and didn't have the time to sit back and read it either. I should go back and search the shelves for it now, but it might be gone. There was literally only 1, maybe 2. :(

*sniffle* we missed you~ :'D
    You missed many months of plot, new characters, interesting stuff, tomfoolery, and more.
    I hope you get those books ouo

Years
    It's OK Syd. We only got up to speed with the DP arc and a disappointing HGSS Arc, plus a partial view of the BW arc Ch. 3-5. 8(

On the other hand I want to read CH 1-2 of BW. Cheren is there. :3

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Man I missed a lot but I would love to see Charen in the manga. In the book store here; there are barely any Pokemon Manga there. Only like three books. When is BW chapter 3 coming out?

chamo-chan

Years
    Hiya guys. So as you know, Viz's Volume 11 of Pokemon Adventures is out (or at least for people who pre-ordered.)
    I did order mine, but it's not here yet.... :c ( >A> stupid post office...), but someone else on serebii who managed to get their hands on it first put up some changes.

Spoilers (although they aren't really necessary) to save space.

Spoiler:

AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNND, discuss, but remember, don't flame people.
    You know what will happen if flaming and fighting starts.... *knocks fist together in punching motion*

But first, bacon. *runs to eat breakfast*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Kawaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    681 pages later...

Hey, I'm GoldenSapphire! I love Pokemon Adventures. You don't know how much.

After seeing some other newcomers' posts, I think I know what to do so...

My favorite characters are Silver (duude, freaking ninja), Gold (how can you NOT like him?), Platinum and Sapphire.

My favorite shippings are WildSideShipping (GoldxSapphire) and Distantshipping (SilverxPlatinum)

*hides in a box*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    681 pages later...

After seeing some other newcomers' posts, I think I know what to do so...

My favorite characters are Silver (duude, freaking ninja), Gold (how can you NOT like him?), Platinum and Sapphire.

My favorite shippings are WildSideShipping (GoldxSapphire) and Distantshipping (SilverxPlatinum)

*hides in a box*

WLECOME! (oops misspelled welcome)

You need not feel ashamed of your ridiculously strong love for this manga ^^ It's take over all of us long ago 8D and it should take over the whole world, why do people keep watching the anime instead of fighting for an anime adaption of PokéSpe?

*pulls GoldenSapphire out of box*

So WildSideShipping is what it's called? I'm an avid supporter of that, because I think Gold and Sapphire's personalities together would be awesome xD Sapphire isn't the kind of girl Gold would initially even look at, so he'd probably only realize his adoration for her after some events... maaah there's got to be good fanfic about this.

chamo-chan

Years
    Welcome new members.
    and hi Chibi. Long time no see.
    Hm. I just realized, along with Vol. 11 being out, a new plot thing should be out sometime in the next few days. So look forward to that guys.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    681 pages later...

*hides in a box*

Hey there welcome to the group and get out of that box! XD

Welcome new members.
    and hi Chibi. Long time no see.
    Hm. I just realized, along with Vol. 11 being out, a new plot thing should be out sometime in the next few days. So look forward to that guys.

I'm curious on what the new plot would be. I'm excited a bit about that.

liliebiehlina3siste

~PokemonSpecial~
    Years
    Hey to all the new members :D
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back