• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • SailorShadow said:
    They're re-releasing it? YAY! *cheers happily* I need to be able to read PokeSpe in bed~
    XD You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that. ;_;

Hm, so VIZ has finally wisened up? :'D It's almost too good to be true! ^o^ ...Which is why Masa's pessimistic side (YES, I has one D:<) is sorta suspicious. I really want to believe that they're gonna re-release all the volumes without any parts cut out or flipped, but with VIZ you never know. :/ -crosses fingers-

But...if VIZ decides to be nice and re-release all the volumes, that means more PokeSupe fans and less Pokemon-fan bashing~! 8'DDD

Everyone answered the game topic so well that I'm afraid to answer it nao. XD

Is it just me or do my posts get shorter almost every time? o____o;

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    xD Damn. I just lost the game.

-on topic-

Mm... Chi-chan be's suspisous. I kind of hope they DON'T Fix the Blue/Green error, because now, if I ever get any friend who like it who've read the second edition, if they come over, and I show them my collection from Singapore, and all the names are flipped, it'll be really weird. D:
    I bet they're just re-releasing them though. To start to translate new ones... well, it'd be nice, but somehow I just don't think it's going to happen.

<3 I'm happy they are though! I actually have 1,2, and 3 of the American released volumes. Which can be kind of nice because they're slightly bigger than the Singapore ones.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Eh, I'll bite this. I wasn't too interested in the hats and shoes topics before... ^^; That is if I can remember my Blue version...

Say the PokeSpecial characters were to find the games their names were based after, and began playing them. How would they comment on the differences between their experiences and what the game has them go through?

Red/Green - They would be mildly amused by the original games and Fire Red Leaf Green, of course, Green would secretly own two versions of Leaf Green JUST to play as the girl on one of them KUFUFUFUFUFU. (Although he's still pissed that the boy sprites all look like Red)
    Red would train a 1337 team of Pokemon on all of the games and spend the rest of his time in the battle tower. Oh and beating the Elite 4 over and over again just to beat see Green get defeated. (Green: .............)

Yellow: Pikachu version makes extremely happy Yellow. Because 1. A pikachu follows her around and she can see its expressions, 2. she can get all 3 of the starters in this game, 3. sprites look way better than the other older games, 4. she's playing as Red omg!squeeee

Blue - Would rage because there isn't a girl character in her version. But then again, she could enjoy both FRLG because she can be a girl in each of them and have Green has her rival ^^

Gold/Silver - As usual, Silver would be angry that he only gets Gold as the playable character. And he would be appalled at what an a$$ he actually is in the beginning. Gold would treasure his version and always say how awesome he is.

Crystal - Would be amused at Eusine, and Silver, and wonder where Gold is. And be angry because she couldn't get all the pokemon with just her version.

Ruby/Sapphire - Would find it strange that they only encounter Team Magma/Aqua respectively in their versions, and Ruby would of course, win the contests and spend 50+ hours beating the game while Sapphire beats the game in 10 hours.

Emerald - Beats the game in 8 hours, then spends an ungodly amount of time training pokemon for the battle frontier. Sapphire and Ruby would also play this version and agree that it's much closer to what actually happened to them rather than their respective versions. Sapphire would marvel at the moving sprites and squee at how cute they are.

In short, they'd all be angry some way or another, except for the Hoenn trio <3
    Cool~ I like your answers Dai.
    :D :D :D :D :D
    -dances-

XD You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that. ;_;

Hm, so VIZ has finally wisened up? :'D It's almost too good to be true! ^o^ ...Which is why Masa's pessimistic side (YES, I has one D:<) is sorta suspicious. I really want to believe that they're gonna re-release all the volumes without any parts cut out or flipped, but with VIZ you never know. :/ -crosses fingers-

But...if VIZ decides to be nice and re-release all the volumes, that means more PokeSupe fans and less Pokemon-fan bashing~! 8'DDD

Everyone answered the game topic so well that I'm afraid to answer it nao. XD

Is it just me or do my posts get shorter almost every time? o____o;

I hope they release the other volumes, or I'll be sad...D:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    That is good news but its too bad because I no longer need them for myself. WHERE was that news when I looked so hard for volumes the past year? Then they rerelease the volumes when scans are available everywhere. Just my opinion guys:DAlso I brought more pics
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • Wow, I've missed alot! I'm like totally impressed by that collection! I want one like that! And I'm also excited about Viz's re-release of PokeSpe, now I know what I'm gonna waste my summer money on!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Yea! Lady Valentine's artwork has been colored! ^o^ That make me happy.

Any ways I am really looking forward to these rereleases. It better at least run through the GSC arc. They must continue translation!

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
  • *Baa throws confetti* HOOOORAH~! Now I don't hav to bribe my parents to let me use their credit cards to buy volumes from Ebay...mebbie. For one, it'll probably be a while before the whole series gets out, and two, we don't know if they're gonna re-release the whole series or just stop with the seven they originally did. ^^; But, Baa is hopeful. And it's being done by VIZ this time, not this VIZKids crap, right? Then I'm even more hopeful. :3 Viz isn't a bad company, but anything with KIDS in the name should be burned. :3 WE MUST RALLY THE TROOPS AND SUPPORT THE MANGA WHEN IT COMES OUT~! The more we buy, the more we're bribing them to make more so they can take more of our money! >D

And, I kinda hope they DO fix the name changes and stuff...because I don't want people to think I'm stupid when I call Green Green and Blue Blue. XD Because I'm NOT gonna change that, even if it's like that in English. It was stupid and confusing to change it in the first place. D<

Awesome colorations (did I make up a word? XD), VideoFan. :3 I especially like the Ruby one...oh yush. :3

And now, for a topic. XD

Who would be the PokeSpe character's favorite character from the anime?

Blue: Jessie, because she's sexy and awesome. ;9 Blue would want to be her, only a more sucessful her. XD
    Yellow: Tracey, cuz he draws Pokemon so well. XD He'd be her IDOL. XD
    Gold: Jimmy, of course! Who does Gold love more than himself? XD
    Ruby: I'm thinking May. "Why can't you be more like her, Sapphire?" XD Or Drew, whichever one.
    Dia: Ash's Snorlax
    Pearl: I'm thinking Gary, but not first season, butt-munch Gary. XD More DP Gary, when him and Ash become... *shudder* friends.

I'll finish this later, because I'm laaaaaaaazy. These are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. XD

大誤算

Daigosan
    Years
  • O_o the new layout hurts my eyes...

And...wow, a lot of stuff going on...I guess I don't have a comment on the Viz thing because it doesn't really concern me...

Great colors Videofan! Thanks for coloring that Franticshipping picture for me earlier too <3

大誤算, I swear, everytime you answer these topics, you sound like you're writing a story, and I'm waiting for the next chapter. :)
    Thank you ^o^ I like making up these random stories in my head. Though I don't think there will be a next chapter...

To put it in your own words, "sober and objective" the only ship I see is Ruby and Sapphire. *runs and hides before he is pelted by Pikataro and others...sorry!!* What's weird about all this, is that they have feelings when they're at a really young age, then here, when they're around 15-16, you don't see any hints at all. That's what's awkward, and that they have it opposite. You develop feelings when you're 15-16 and not at 10. That's what I found strikingly odd when Sapphire confessed her feelings towards Ruby. Made them look not 10-11 at all.

I wholeheartedly approve so I'll protect you from being pelted
    Well, I had childhood crushes when I was 8... but then again, Ruby and Sapphire are really mature for their age, and they've been through a lot together, it isn't hard to develop feelings that way.

I'm completely not sober when it comes to these two anyways ^o^ Every scene where they are together I equate with franticshipping.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm... I'm curious as to how Viz is going to treat Pokemon Special this time around. Hopefully they will try to keep it as close to the original, ie not flipped and not enlarged. Would be great!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Green: Would be ANGRY that his game self is so immature. " 'Smell ya later?' What kind of insult is that? |< " But, he would beat it much faster than Red, and proceed to rub it in his face. |D

I completely agree with Green and you! It is an insult to him. Every time my rival in FR says that, I'm like "Arghh, that isn't Green~!"

That is good news for all you Americans~! :D Hopefully Pokespe will become more popular, and get the credit it deserves ^_^

Btw.... that Bulbasaur in the Bulbabpedia lay-out is CUTE. <3

*Baa throws confetti* HOOOORAH~! Now I don't hav to bribe my parents to let me use their credit cards to buy volumes from Ebay...mebbie. For one, it'll probably be a while before the whole series gets out, and two, we don't know if they're gonna re-release the whole series or just stop with the seven they originally did. ^^; But, Baa is hopeful. And it's being done by VIZ this time, not this VIZKids crap, right? Then I'm even more hopeful. :3 Viz isn't a bad company, but anything with KIDS in the name should be burned. :3 WE MUST RALLY THE TROOPS AND SUPPORT THE MANGA WHEN IT COMES OUT~! The more we buy, the more we're bribing them to make more so they can take more of our money! >D

And, I kinda hope they DO fix the name changes and stuff...because I don't want people to think I'm stupid when I call Green Green and Blue Blue. XD Because I'm NOT gonna change that, even if it's like that in English. It was stupid and confusing to change it in the first place. D<

Awesome colorations (did I make up a word? XD), VideoFan. :3 I especially like the Ruby one...oh yush. :3

And now, for a topic. XD

Blue: Jessie, because she's sexy and awesome. ;9 Blue would want to be her, only a more sucessful her. XD
    Yellow: Tracey, cuz he draws Pokemon so well. XD He'd be her IDOL. XD
    Gold: Jimmy, of course! Who does Gold love more than himself? XD
    Ruby: I'm thinking May. "Why can't you be more like her, Sapphire?" XD Or Drew, whichever one.
    Dia: Ash's Snorlax
    Pearl: I'm thinking Gary, but not first season, butt-munch Gary. XD More DP Gary, when him and Ash become... *shudder* friends.

I'll finish this later, because I'm laaaaaaaazy. These are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. XD

Hmm, that is an interesting topic XD I think Gold would like Jessie too - because of the lenght of her skirt. Or rather, lack of it XD

But I agree with you, Green & Blue GOTTA be switched! :O Their names, I mean XD Although that would kinda suck, since I'd have all volumes with false names and you'd all have the good ones XD But I do wonder if it will be the same as the Singapore ones or crappier

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Yay, new topic ><' I've been out of ideas.

Red - Obviously, Ash >.>
    Green - Gary, of course XD But not first season Gary
    Blue - She would love Misty, but despise Gary's fangirls "That should be ME cheering him on!!!"
    Yellow - May's Eevee/Glaceon (daaaaaawsocute ><')

Gold - Every single girl Brock falls in love with (plus Misty, May, and Dawn)
    Silver - Max I dunno :X
    Crys - Gary (heck, he actually makes an effort to try and catch every Pokemon)

Ruby - May, of course (she IS the best~)
    Sapphire - Jun/possibly Barry (--') because... idk, just reminds me of her XD
    Emerald - Edward Elric from FMA because he can relate Idk

Dia - Team Rocket (they have that obsession with food...)
    Pearl - Paul, like Jun
    Platina - *nods* Dawn or May, definitely

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Guess, coro coro magazine was released today and they also showed the cover of Vol. 30 of PokeSpecial.

Vol. 30 Cover
    (credit for the picture goes to Coronis of Serebii forums.)

I like the cover~

Although, I noticed that they changed the color of Platina's eyes to a darkish looking yellow color.....
    wierd...here eyes were a dark purple or a pinkish purple last time....)

Years
  • Oh my...

Guess, coro coro magazine was released today and they also showed the cover of Vol. 30 of PokeSpecial.

Vol. 30 Cover

I like the cover~

Although, I noticed that they changed the color of Platina's eyes to a darkish looking yellow color.....

Z.O.M.G @_@ (So much Great PokeSupe news!!!)
    I can't believe it. We just had that PokeSpe collection shown, Vol.28 released in Mangafox, that "fight" between the scanlators on the Manga Sub-forum, and now the cover for Vol.30!
    I just can't believe this...Aren't you guys just happy. ^_____^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is all moving too fast for me these days... I don't even take my time to read and post here ;_;

But it's great all right~ This means (for me who didn't know, at least) that Emerald arc ends in vol 29 :O (or 30)

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Guess, coro coro magazine was released today and they also showed the cover of Vol. 30 of PokeSpecial.

Vol. 30 Cover

I like the cover~

Best cover yet I'd have to say! Thanks for posting this Chamo!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back