• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
  • I wonder if it has anything to do with being sexist.

I don't know the reactions to the other female characters, so that might be why. There have been very vocal "fans" over at BMGF and probably SPPF concerning Platina (and I can't draw conclusions from our manga forum, because last time I checked, it's all tumbleweeds from there), so I'm not sure what that would imply.

Hopefully Dia and Pearl get more action in Platinum. DPP is pretty cool as a trio. I guess they're the most trio of the trios.

@Diamondgigas37: Just what do you mean by makeover? Not too satisfied with Emerald's croissant head?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    @Diamondgigas37: It's funny that you brought up Pelliper because initially that was whom I thought would fit in his team. Reason being Pelliper has the lowest fully evolved base speed out of all flying types. So you really couldn't get much slower than that. Plus Diamond has no water type either so the authors would be hitting two birds with one stone, certainly seems like a good choice.
    Oh and I'm really confused on your question concerning Emeralds appearance, please elaborate.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being sexist.
    Quite frankly I enjoy seeing Platina taking the spotlight. Then again like I said earlier despite the fact that the story revolves around her quest it doesn't feel like she's hogging the spotlight in comparison to previous protagonists. (Besides she's a lady so wouldn't being in the center of attention be a given?). Sexism is a touchy subject so I'm not necessarily sure if it's to blame. If we're talking about people not like Platinum having the spotlight for that reason then once again your opinion.

Concerning the subject I find it interesting in RS that Ruby did contests and Sapphire was actually the one taking on the gyms yet most people would agree in saying that Ruby was the one in the spotlight.

On a side note is there any news on when volume 38 is coming out?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    When I said give emerald a makeover, I meant cut hair, change clothes, maybe new gadgets, etc. I was thinking that in the next chapter starring Emerald, maybe ruby designed a new set of clothes for him, sapphire gave him a new haircut (DANGER 0.0).
    Also, am I the only person who does not like emeralds last three pokemon?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years

• On a side note is there any news on when volume 38 is coming out?

No clue yet. Hopefully it'll come out soon and so would BW chapter 4

When I said give emerald a makeover, I meant cut hair, change clothes, maybe new gadgets, etc. I was thinking that in the next chapter starring Emerald, maybe ruby designed a new set of clothes for him, sapphire gave him a new haircut (DANGER 0.0).
    Also, am I the only person who does not like emeralds last three pokemon?

Oh I was never a huge fan of Emerald. I never even read those chapters anywise so I don't know his Pokemon well. The only one I know that he has is Sceptile.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Welcome to all the new members!

I heard Volume 38 is coming out on February 26. I'm almost positive it will be the last Volume of the DP Arc, and possibly it will have the beginning of the Platinum Arc. Either way, its only about a month away!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    So lucky. My country latest comic is no. 34. But pls don't tell me wat happens. Anyway, emerald's team for now is sceptile, dusclops, sudowoodo, mr mime, snorlax and mantine.
    Mantine, snorlax and mr mime kinda stinks. We can't he have that awesome linoone from the battle factory. That was so cool. Plus emerald will have a small pokemon like that( like I said before, I think everyone needs a small pokemon) and there were alot of other awesome pokemon rampaging, but NOOO, he had to choose the fatty, stingray and the miming dummy T.T also, I'm thinking of wat flying pokemon emerald should have

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • AshPikastar said:
    Oh I was never a huge fan of Emerald. I never even read those chapters anywise so I don't know his Pokemon well.

Wait...you never read the Emerald arc, so know nothing about the kid or his Pokemon, but don't like him anyway? That's not how you should judge characters. Before I never read this arc, but once I did, I didn't find Emerald to be so bad.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    Guess who has the internet back? 8D

^u^ Nice seeing you all again.

@everyone: Hi~ I'm glad older club members are showing up again. (especially you sir. ono we need val to come back too....)

@new members: welcome~

@Diamondnumbers: wait...I don't know what you are asking... ono

BTW, to confirm, Miley is right. Vol 38 of Pokemon Special comes out on Feb. 26. The volume has the last few chapters of the Diamond and Pearl arc, and the beginning of the Platinum arc.
    Spoiler:

Also, about all this Platina hate that you guys mentioned.
    I find it kinda weird as to why anyone would really hate her.
    The only reason I would think so is because of shipping.
    A rule of the internet I've seen is that "if ____character is shipped with someone who should be shipped with _____ / you don't like ____ character, you hate on him/her and troll anyone that likes _____ to prove that you are right"...

._. people on the internet can be stupid sometimes.

Otherwise, yeah. (this is the same reason Yellow was hated on. Trust me. It was terrible D: )

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    ?_? Huh? Ok let's drop my older topic. Recently I've thought of making some pokemon special shorts: short comics that only last like about 4 chapts? I've thought of 2 so far :)
    1-the pokemon special triathlon. All the pokedex owners challenge one another in a race. They have to fly and surf and run. hilarious :D
    2-yellow's 16th b-day. I thought of it a while a go. It's really cool. Everyone gets her a present and there's a party and stuff.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • If anyones hates Platina I will plunge this Forum to the Dark Ages of The RedKing's Silver Flames -_-. Whats to hate about her? She is cute, Beautiful, a true Lady, She is awesome, A really good trainer, Can even be a match to Red ( But Red will still Win XD), She Broke Sapphys Badge Record,Etc...

I really want to see Volume 38 for obvious reasons XD. I know in my undying will of Fire that Redsan will be in Platinum he wasn't in the let down Hg and Ss was but i have hopes for Platinum.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • god, this entire week i was studying for my midterms (right now i have some free time), and they still haven't started (snowdays...) i just want to get them over with...
    sorry for the rant ^^;

who would hate platinum? i think that she breaks the stereotypical view of rich people (sort of). she not afraid to get dirty, she does things herself...i could go on.

yay, volume 38 is coming out in a month ^^

has anyone heard more news about HgSs? i'm dying to read it

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Wait...you never read the Emerald arc, so know nothing about the kid or his Pokemon, but don't like him anyway? That's not how you should judge characters. Before I never read this arc, but once I did, I didn't find Emerald to be so bad.

Oh I read the Battle frontier one when he fights Ruby. That's when I didn't like him much.-had finished that part and I think I read a few pages of the first chapter of emerald-

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    February 26? Awesome! Thank you Mileyangel for that great bit of info, and chamo for confirming it. I look forward to seeing the confrontation with Cyrus and how it ends
    Spoiler:

@AshPikastar: I'm going to agree with RubyJ on the topic. You should give the arc at least one run through before you make any final decisions. I read the emerald arc and I can say that emerald is indeed my least favorite dex holder. Any preconceptions shouldn't discourage you from reading it, it's still a good arc.

Also, about all this Platina hate that you guys mentioned.
    I find it kinda weird as to why anyone would really hate her.
    The only reason I would think so is because of shipping.
    A rule of the internet I've seen is that "if ____character is shipped with someone who should be shipped with _____ / you don't like ____ character, you hate on him/her and troll anyone that likes _____ to prove that you are right"...

THE END
    cut and print

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • @AshPikastar: I'm going to agree with RubyJ on the topic. You should give the arc at least one run through before you make any final decisions. I read the emerald arc and I can say that emerald is indeed my least favorite dex holder. Any preconceptions shouldn't discourage you from reading it, it's still a good arc.

I guess I should read it if you guys feel as if I should. I still haven't read all of the manga yet since I jumped around a bit. The first one I have read was R/S, FR/LG, Battle frontier, DP then G/S/C.

And also February 26? I'll try my best to wait for another month then since it's almost here.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • I agree. I really like Platina! She's gorgeous, not to mention a great trainer, and pretty interesting!

Also, even if I dislike a shipping with a certain character, I still like them! For example, I'm a Luckyshipper, but I still adore Yellow!

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • It's great to see this group really active again.

There is only two shippings that I support so far and that is Franticshipping and PearlxPlatina. I'm starting to like Scarfshipping(If that is DiamondxPlatina) and also BlackxWhite. But so far the main two is Frantic and PearlxPlatina.

liliebiehlina3siste

~PokemonSpecial~
    Years
  • The start of the Platinum sounds great :D I sure loved Diamond and Pearl, but Black and White already started in magazines so I'm glad it goes on~
    I also want to see more of Platina, she is a very interesting character ^-^
    It's great to see this group really active again.

There is only two shippings that I support so far and that is Franticshipping and PearlxPlatina. I'm starting to like Scarfshipping(If that is DiamondxPlatina) and also BlackxWhite. But so far the main two is Frantic and PearlxPlatina.

So far I know DiamondxPlatina is called Commonershipping.
    I also start to love BlackxWhite~ I wonder how this is going on.

Just like shadowmoon I'd like to hear something new about HGSS, anyone?
    (Btw sorry for being so inactive the last time, I watched the thread, i just haden't to say anything...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Hey. Does anyone know platina's entire team? Is it empoleon, rapidash, buneary, cherrim, frosslass and pachirisu? I found this out on serebii.net. Bcos I thought platina should have a drifblim or altaria instead of frosslass. Pearl's team has already been decided rite? Infernape, chatot, luxray, buizel, diglett and taurus. I wonder if chatot can carry pearl like murcrow and silver. If not, I'm sure he can squeeze with diamond in pelipper... >.<

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    I know that you are new here, but this club has serious rules about spoilers.
    Please obey them next time. :c
    Spoiler:

Why doesn't anyone support Ferriswheel shipping? :(
    Wa?
    Ermmm, you might be in the wrong place.....
    Unless you want to join, but remember, this club is for the manga called Pokemon Special (or pokemon adventures in the US), not for the games. Unless you are talking about the manga....

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Wa?
    Ermmm, you might be in the wrong place.....
    Unless you want to join, but remember, this club is for the manga called Pokemon Special (or pokemon adventures in the US), not for the games. Unless you are talking about the manga....

Probably talking about the manga shipping. If Toukois a new member; welcome to the group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back