• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starter Kit for RPG Maker 2003 is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoxKingBoiz

Pure Ownage
Years
I'll help, I'm good at testing, well it's not really THAT hard to press the buttons but I'm able to test games extremely fast so I'll be able to get the bugs to you real fast. Oh yeah and I already have RM2k3, I have made a few games based around Poke'mon too. :classic:

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
Years
then again, thanks for comments. A new major update! CBS is being done, i am starting with the layout and figuring out stuff for it. I came up with a good battle damage calculator that doesn't need stats like attack, defense and others, it only needs the attacker level and the power of the attack you are using. Here is the calculation: (attackpower / 10)+(levelofpokemon * 2). Simple as that! Imagine your pokemon is at level 10 and has an attack that has 45 of attack power: (45 / 10)+(10 * 2)=aprox. 25 of damage! 'Till next time!

~Jack~

Back In Business
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2007
This looks cool and will be helpful. I can use RPG Maker 2003 better than editing a rom.

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
[MikeGTS], I'm not too sure if you may need any, but I'm willing to become a beta tester for the kit. ^^ I'm gonna send you a PM because I have another question.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
We'll, this project looks promising and I hope you don't quit. It'll be cool if you actually get done with a battle system.
Most games started in RM2K3 aren't finished, and the "Game Maker" waits 'till the last minute to do the battle system, which never get's started because before it can, the project is canceled. Actually, I think the CBS is the reasin most games aren't finished.

Oh, and on the first page you said the items menu wouldn't have items used in battle. What do you mean by this?

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
Years
Man, this is awesome! Keep it up! If you need help with the CBS, I'm making a Pokemon game too, so I have to go through that too. Let me know if I can help.

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
Years
sorry for the long wait, i am in vacation, only got to get to the internet today, and i ain't working with it ATM, so you will have to wait until i get to work on it. But i am not going to quit i came up with a battle damage calculation that don't require too much stats, Well, see you guys!

Updates: CBS shows beginning, don't have menus so far

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2007
hey if u need any more beta testers il be 1.
iv been playing around wif the tool 4 a while trying to work some stuff out wif pokemon.
add me to msn [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2006
I would love to help out

I could be a Beta tester or i could help you with
making sprite sets or anything.

I'll put my email up if you want help

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2006
hey Mike whats that pokemon in your siggie, i've never see it before...

btw,i think the 2003 is a bit out of date? so this is the newest rpgmaker there is i think
RPG Maker XP > www,enterbrain,co,jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/index,html(change the "," is ".")

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2007
hey i got the new Rpg maker xp where can i get some pokemon sprites for it?

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Alomovo, you have to pay for XP, unless you get the cracked version(illegal). So this is for all the people who don't want to get it it. There is already a starter kit for XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back