• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    kanto, johto, hoenn, orre, fiore, sinnoh, almia, oblivia, unova, & kalos
    although 4 of these don't have champions due to the size of 3 of them & the harsh landscape of the third. their still regions that are canon
    additionally, orre's landscape isn't the only harsh aspect. area 10 of mt battle is by all means harsher then taking on the e4. each of the trainers in that area are made to be able to take on e4 members 1-1 & have an edge over them. orre may not have gyms or an e4, but the colluseums put the gym leaders to shame & mt battle puts the e4 & victory road to shame

wallace was only a champion in emerald. i still think that emerald, yellow & crystal run on a 3ed separate timeline.
    besides, by the timeline nintendos currently using steven is still hoenn's champion
    cynthia may be champion, but she sure as hell ain't active in her own region half the time.
    the champions are considered champions until their beaten in an official match after the challenger beats the e4 under the champion.
    also, cynthia is the only one known to remain known as a champion after the events of the games she's in. lance was the johto champion, not the kanto one. its stated by blue not only that red was still the kanto champion, but also that the player character was the johto champion.champions are known to leave the square rooms that lay right before the halls of fame.
    hell, cynthia can show up anywhere from transitional ruins to a small ice cream stand in unvova

Except , Steven planning to leave his position in ORAS and offer Wallace to take his place as Champion.
    So , Emerald future would be coming soon after Steven leave to collect stones.
    Kento and Jotho share one E4 and Champion which make Lance the champion of both Kento and Jotho.
    Also , Red is not an active champion! He left his post to train on Mt sliver.
    Its just like Cynthia , Diantha and Iris still remain champion even after player beat them.

pkmin3033

Active or not, we've still had more male Champions than female ones thus far at a ratio of 5:3. If they're going back to basics, I'd actually quite like it if we could choose the gender of the Champion by having our rival (who would NOT automatically be the opposite gender to the player character) as the Champion at the endgame.

Failing that, maybe a male Champion for Sun, and a female Champion for Moon? That would tie in with mythology, since the Sun is usually masculine and the Moon is usually feminine (obviously there are exceptions to this, but it's the common interpretation) and it'd give a little more variety between the games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    I hope to see Sun/Moon be more like Gold/Silver where you had 16 gyms instead of 8 but this time you fly into space after you've completed the first gyms. Wouldn't it be cool to have a land on the moon or UFO leading you through a trapdoor in the sun for a new land.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , I hope for a female main character who's even prettier then Rosa.
    Seriously , Rosa's definitely the most prettiest main girl of pokemon but she appeared during Unova saga so we never get to see her in Anime.

Years
  • All I really want is a solid story and some good characters. I'd love to see another rival like Blue and Silver. I'd also really like to see an improved version of the difficulty system from Black and White 2, because the games have been too easy for me lately.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • 1. I hope the region is based off of the U.K or Australia. I like Hawaii, but it would be better as a post-game region, like the Sevii Islands.

2. I hope there are more than 100 new Pokémon. Last time we were only given 72 new Pokémon.

3. I hope the games are long and challenging with a great post-game, a hard/easy mode feature would do wonders.

4. I hope we get to travel to a few past regions to catch Pokémon that are native to them (mainly, Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, because Hoenn and Kalos native Pokémon are just a transfer away and I would like to see Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova in 3D).

5. A more mature and darker story line, it's time they catered to us older fans too. Yes, it may seem a bit inappropriate for some little 8-year-old who plays the games, but those same 8-year-olds probably play Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty, so they'd be used to mature story lines.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well , I hope for a female main character who's even prettier then Rosa.
    Seriously , Rosa's definitely the most prettiest main girl of pokemon but she appeared during Unova saga so we never get to see her in Anime.
    well, we did see her animated via that awesome trailer.

still, the 2 from that game where edited copies...

pkmin3033

If we can't design our own characters, I'd quite the default female protagonist to have short hair, for a change. Give her hair similar to Serena's current anime look or something...it's always long hair. Even May had those two weird-looking spiky ponytails. I'd also quite like the protagonists to look a little bit older, perhaps. Hilda looked like she was in her late teens/early twenties, and that was a nice change.

...but, realistically speaking, I don't think we have anything to worry about with the female protagonist; the design will be different from the previous ones and clearly have had some thought put into it. No, it's the male we have to worry about. The last few have been practically identical, and it's really off-putting. It's great that the girls have such varied designs, but don't forget the guys too, Game Freak!

Years
  • As Meloetta said, we mainly need to hope the male protagonist needs to look distinctly different from the last few ones we had a.k.a. Hilbert, Nate and Calem. At least it seems like Game Freak actually put more effort into designing the females, with all the different designs we've had for them so far.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I can already tell that it's not going to happen based on the small amount of art we've seen, but I'd love a steampunk feel at some point, kind of like Orre, but more hardcore (hardcOrre?) steampunk. I wouldn't mind seeing the protag with a look like that, rust-colored clothes, goggles, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • well, the dark/light stones ended up in a museum of all places with the owners of said museum being blissfully unaware that it was a legendary pokemon. it wouldn't be that odd if a forgotten legendary artifact managed to wind up in a bazaar with the merchant not knowing of what it is.
    theres a lot of people end up with old, valuable stuff not knowing anything about it what its worth outside of second hand knowledge from previous owners and blissfully unaware of its true value. the item description on it is most likely the description given to it by the hiker you got it from.
    hell for all we know that hiker was this guy
    Irc it's mentioned that he's given them out to other people too. I think there was NPC who said a backpacker gave him a weird item. It's been 3 years, so I'm most likely butchering what was said.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I hope they chagne the Exp. Share.

I love the Exp. Share. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm a lunatic so I like getting my Pokemon to level 100 even though you really don't have to nowadays and with the way it is. But with the Exp. Share you can get them to 100 fairly quickly.

But I hope they change it. Give us an EXP. SHARE that only shares it to one pokemon. Then after we beat the elite four/get the national pokedex give us an EXP. ALL. That would be perfect. My Pokemon were like ten levels higher than anyone else's in the game. Like all six of my party members.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Irc it's mentioned that he's given them out to other people too. I think there was NPC who said a backpacker gave him a weird item. It's been 3 years, so I'm most likely butchering what was said.

he also mentions a "New facility unlike anything seen" and doesn't always give it to the player

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hope they chagne the Exp. Share.

I love the Exp. Share. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm a lunatic so I like getting my Pokemon to level 100 even though you really don't have to nowadays and with the way it is. But with the Exp. Share you can get them to 100 fairly quickly.

But I hope they change it. Give us an EXP. SHARE that only shares it to one pokemon. Then after we beat the elite four/get the national pokedex give us an EXP. ALL. That would be perfect. My Pokemon were like ten levels higher than anyone else's in the game. Like all six of my party members.

I agree. The EXP system in gen 5 was already pretty much perfect. Gen 6's is borderline broken and they didn't bother balancing around it at all. At the very least save it for post-game or offer explicit difficulty options if they want to make the game even more casual friendly.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hope they change the Exp. Share.

I agree. The EXP system in gen 5 was already pretty much perfect. Gen 6's is borderline broken and they didn't bother balancing around it at all. At the very least save it for post-game or offer explicit difficulty options if they want to make the game even more casual friendly.
    you know, you could have just turned it off.
    turning it off puts the exp increase rate at almost exactly the same as with the 5th gen games. rather then claiming its unbalanced, stop playing on easy mode.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I hope they put in a feature where you can play in Easy Mode, Hard Mode and Advanced Mode. Where trainers and Gym Leaders are stronger, yet have the same Pokémon.

I would also like Gō Ichinose to return to composing the music...

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Here's an interesting question... since Ohmori is appearing on Pokenchi next week with Masuda, I wonder if that means he's acting as a Director for S/M's developement? IIRC, wasn't he in charge of the plot ORAS?

Morimoto's appearance also makes me wonder if there's any noteworthy changes to the battle mechanics in these games.

I do remember Ohmori worked on OR/AS, so maybe this means he might be the Development Director for S/M as well. But as for battle mechanic changes, I feel like I am done with new formats so maybe we'll see more changes for moves and abilities.

Just out of curiosity, did anything interesting ever come out of that Pokenchi episode?

Last edited:
    Back