• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @Azoth discussion: honestly just speculation. Although even if it's illogical, they can find a way to make it work.

@new information: awesome. I suppose we will get the same info repeated in corocoro probably.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I dunno, people can have some pretty far-off speculations. You'd have to assume AZ made Magearna (which I really think he wouldn't try messing with bringing something to life again after what happened with Floette--he seems like the kind of guy to learn from his mistakes) to even begin to connect him to the "Azoth Kingdom," which is, as of now, anime-exclusive, and we have no way of knowing even where the in-game region is based on, much less if it's this Azoth place.

If Sun & Moon feature the Kalos region I can imagine AZ and Floette making an appearance. I know he's known to travel but I can't imagine him being a major character in a plot that doesn't involve his home region. And he would kind of have to be a major character if the whole "flowers" theme is actually significant.

Btw, where does the idea of AZ's mom giving him the Floette come from anyways? I don't remember reading that while playing Y.

From Bulbapedia:
    An interview with Junichi Masuda in Game Informer magazine reveals that AZ's Floette was given to him by his late mother and was taken by force by the soldiers fighting in the war.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    ive been hoping for this to be a legendary in a game since gen 2.
    Spoiler:

"The Black Tyranitar is Cianwood's legendary Pokémon that once wrecked havoc in the Johto region many years ago. It had uncontrollable power, and it took nearly all of the Fighting Pokémon in Cianwood to weaken it before it can be sealed in an ancient Poké Ball made from a Red Apricorn in the backyard of Cianwood Gym."

should at least be a side legendary in sun & moon. i hope so at least.

hypothetical stat spread
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Just because he's king of Kalos doesn't mean he didn't originate from the Azoth Kingdom (which people think might be this region). And in which case, if that is true he'll probably be reappearing and having a role in these games.

Was the Azoth Kingdom mentioned in ORAS? I can't remember if it was or if this is just something people are picking up from the latest movie.

...because if it's the latter I think it's fair to say that the anime has it's own canon and makes up locations completely unrelated to the main games.

I also doubt Volcanion and Magearna will even have a connection to each other in the main games, they're probably just being lumped together for the movie. People are giving way too much credit to this upcoming movie.

Years
  • I also doubt Volcanion and Magearna will even have a connection to each other in the main games, they're probably just being lumped together for the movie. People are giving way too much credit to this upcoming movie.

This seems to be the likely case, especially since most mythical Pokemon from different generations aren't usually connected to each other. Definitely something that only seems to be a purpose related to the movie.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Was the Azoth Kingdom mentioned in ORAS? I can't remember if it was or if this is just something people are picking up from the latest movie.

...because if it's the latter I think it's fair to say that the anime has it's own canon and makes up locations completely unrelated to the main games.
    azoth kingdom was never mentioned, but team magma & aqua worked together on Project AZOTH which meant to bring the world back to its beginnings, but was scrapped after the realization that it would kill off all life on the planet and much like with genesect at least one idiot (courtney OR/matt AS)decided to keep working on it and completed it. it was almost used in delta episode, but zinnia robbed courtney/matt of his/her chance to use it in the delta episode

Years
  • Oh, I really like the sequel idea that's being thrown around here. I'm surprisingly enthusiastic for this generation of Pokemon. Though that's probably mostly because of the complete overhaul graphics-wise. :'>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still hope for some Aussie based Pokémon and some scary looking Pokémon.

Probably not going to happen unfortunately. I think they're saving Australia for another generation and will probably avoid Australian animals if possible. There's enough tropical Pokemon to choose from. :)

...although that makes me think. I can't help but feel as if this is familiar, I think I might've dreamed of Australian animals as starters like within the last 24 hours or thought about it? Damnit this is crazy.

99arceushacker

The Zekrom Lover and Magikarp Hater
    Years
  • Speculations for Pokemon Sun and Moon

What if there was a Time travel event because of Dialga or A Dimension Warp because of Palkia.What if Pokémons are Dying because of Yveltal,What if Climate changes in the game because of Groudon and Kyogre.What if there was an Invasion of Deoxys from outer space or maybe what if the Sun is getting closer to earth in Pokemon Sun and The Moon is getting closer to earth in Pokemon Moon.

Leave your "What if" Speculations in the form of Quick Replies

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2016
    Would be cool if we got not so much an evil team as much as a person who is rich wanting to destroy the nature and build like resorts but at the same time you have to deal with another threat that is much bigger.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What if there was a Time travel event because of Dialga or A Dimension Warp because of Palkia.What if Pokémons are Dying because of Yveltal,What if Climate changes in the game because of Groudon and Kyogre.What if there was an Invasion of Deoxys from outer space or maybe what if the Sun is getting closer to earth in Pokemon Sun and The Moon is getting closer to earth in Pokemon Moon.

Leave your "What if" Speculations in the form of Quick Replies
    i can only assume that you created a "what if" topic & a mod merged your post with this thread

Would be cool if we got not so much an evil team as much as a person who is rich wanting to destroy the nature and build like resorts but at the same time you have to deal with another threat that is much bigger.
    if i recall correctly, hawaii used to have its economy ruled by 5 sugarcane companies one of which ended up becoming dole food company.
    the alola region is clearly based on either hawaii, okinawa or both. hawaii & okinawa are both similar in the ways they where annexed revolved around business. so it is possible we might see a corporate overlord, but if this dose become the case i hope it doesn't result in some strange pokemon equivalent to captain planet...

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I don't want every town and every route to have Hawaiian music, however, I do want the Pokémon center theme to be Hawaiian and various places with Hawaiian music, Kalos didn't have French music all the time and it was great, you still had the classic Pokémon feel to the music, same with Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.

I also want a rotating camera, so you can view the trainer/game from any angle you want.

Years
  • Probably not going to happen unfortunately. I think they're saving Australia for another generation and will probably avoid Australian animals if possible. There's enough tropical Pokemon to choose from. :)

...although that makes me think. I can't help but feel as if this is familiar, I think I might've dreamed of Australian animals as starters like within the last 24 hours or thought about it? Damnit this is crazy.

That would be a rad as hell gen... hope the fire starter is a kangaroo... yes please *___*

I've said this in literally every SM thread on the forum but PLEASE gf give us more than .1 new Pokemon. Yes Kalos gave us fairies and megas but that doesn't make up for greninja and talonflame as new pokemon. Give us new pokemon. I won't take no for an answer. More than 100 and maybe I'll give you a high five. Maybe.

Anyway, the region itself already looks ridiculous and we've only seen like a tiny piece of it. The fact that it's probable that the map we've been shown is only one of many islands we'll be travelling through in Alola is extremely exciting and probably going to make this game stand out among its peers. I hope they do it right, though. Very different aspects to each island, each with gyms and new Pokemon and contrasting greenery. God this is gonna be so sick.

Years
  • Probably not going to happen unfortunately. I think they're saving Australia for another generation and will probably avoid Australian animals if possible. There's enough tropical Pokemon to choose from. :)

I agree, but hey I do hope the eventual 8th Gen region could be set in Australia. With the confirmation of Hawaii for this generation, I'll likely be expecting a lot of species that appear in Hawaii to be part of the new Pokemon roster.

Years
  • I hope they do something to fix the amount of users who ask for legendaries on the GTS. This has been an issue since Diamond and Pearl and it's irritating. Nobody in their right mind would trade their rare one-of-a-kind Arceus for a level 3 Bidoof, so I don't understand why this issue hasn't been fixed.

Years
  • I was surprised no-one brought the GTS up until you did, but yes Game Freak we want an improved filter because I know how many people didn't like the constant legendary requests and the current filters we have can't stop it enough.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I was surprised no-one brought the GTS up until you did, but yes Game Freak we want an improved filter because I know how many people didn't like the constant legendary requests and the current filters we have can't stop it enough.
    its not so much the legendary requests as it is the event only pokemon requests. besides there's really no way to fix the unfair trade thing without blocking half of the pokedex
    after all, trading a pokemon that evolved though high friendship or evolutionary item for a breedject starter is unfair.
    I agree, but hey I do hope the eventual 8th Gen region could be set in Australia. With the confirmation of Hawaii for this generation, I'll likely be expecting a lot of species that appear in Hawaii to be part of the new Pokemon roster.
    Australia dose seem to fit the crazy 8 bill
    plus the Steve Irwin references they could pile into it...
    Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    its not so much the legendary requests as it is the event only pokemon requests. besides there's really no way to fix the unfair trade thing without blocking half of the pokedex
    after all, trading a pokemon that evolved though high friendship or evolutionary item for a breedject starter is unfair.
    I don't agree with that. Part of what would help is completely eliminating the ability to request Pokemon that are impossible to obtain, such as a level 1 Dragonite. It's clearly something they can do because Pokemon Bank is able to recognize a lot of illegitimate Pokemon. Just run a check on the Pokemon being requested through the same algorithm. Doing that and adding an option to exclude requests for legendaries should make it harder for people to create these ridiculous requests.

Another function that would be helpful is the ability to do a reverse search, where you have a Pokemon you're willing to offer up and can look through a list of people asking for that Pokemon. That way you can be proactive in getting the Pokemon you want rather than playing the waiting game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I agree, but hey I do hope the eventual 8th Gen region could be set in Australia. With the confirmation of Hawaii for this generation, I'll likely be expecting a lot of species that appear in Hawaii to be part of the new Pokemon roster.
    We got a NA region in Unova, a Euro region in Kalos, and now we have an Oceania region in Alola. Australia is a part of Oceania so I think they shouldn't use it even next gen. I rather see a African, SA, and Mainland Asian region first to give all continents/ regions a pokéregion. For Africa I see Egypt being used. SA would be Brazil (lots of Japanese descendents, more than Hawaii), and Mainland Asia likely China or Korea.

Back