• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    If I was midway into the game on the Legacy version, should I just drop it and start over or I wouldn't miss much if i continue to play that? Is the 3.0 version polished and bugless, but without post game features / additional items like skateboard etc? If that's not the case would it be possible to have a "final" legacy version without typos and the likes? Thanks

Unfortunately I only have a few hours per month for playing and starting over would be a chore. Btw, awesome hack, it's been one of my favourite so far <3

Unfortunately I would recommend starting over with the newer Super version. 3.0 of the original is decently polished. Probably some minor typos and changes that could be made but it's definitely fully playable. If you want to keep on that one, it should still be a good experience but I'm much happier at this point with how Super Gold 97 turned out, lots of improvements have been made from everything from balance to dialogue to many small changes that make things feel more polished. Along with a decent amount of new content/items/locations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    Unfortunately I would recommend starting over with the newer Super version. 3.0 of the original is decently polished. Probably some minor typos and changes that could be made but it's definitely fully playable. If you want to keep on that one, it should still be a good experience but I'm much happier at this point with how Super Gold 97 turned out, lots of improvements have been made from everything from balance to dialogue to many small changes that make things feel more polished. Along with a decent amount of new content/items/locations.

Great, thank you. I'll start over then

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Great, thank you. I'll start over then

There are still occasional updates coming out for Super Gold 97, but none of them should break your save file so you can just replace the ROM and make sure the name of it and your save still match and you should be good if you want to update.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • No he said he couldn't implement it.

Which seems sad because all you have to do is open OW Editor Rebirth Edition and edit the bike sprites to skateboard sprites, and use XSE to change the sounds for when you open the bike, changing it from "DING!" to something that sounds like skateboard wheels on the road --I'm sure there's at least one sound in the game that sounds like skateboard wheels on the road, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2020
    Thanks for creating this hack @lvl_3, and for staying true to the original concept. Most fun I've had in a Pokemon game since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Here's my final team after beating the post-game:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Hello, I don't understand the Pikachu Mini Game, I press left + B and wait and nothing happens.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Hello, does anyone know how to get a covenant orb?

You can find one in the Isen Strait Lab or buy one at the Kanto Game Corner

Edit: You know I feel like maybe there should be more, I'll add one or two more item pickups

Update your game and now there are also Covenant Orbs in Slowpoke Well, Boulder Mine B4F, and Whirl Island B2F

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Sorry for the question but, does Stick work with Madame? Wondering if it's worth trying to get it, or to just put another item on them

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    @lvl_3 I love this game, makes me feel like I'm playing a lost game that I would have loved as a kid. I have a glitch to report - in Jade forest, this tree won't let me cut it. It brings up the dialogue and when I press yes, it does nothing. Using cut outside of dialogue says there is nothing to cut.

Attached is the tree in question.

Attachments

• Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)
      super-gold-97-v5.23-1.png
      6.5 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    @lvl_3 I love this game, makes me feel like I'm playing a lost game that I would have loved as a kid. I have a glitch to report - in Jade forest, this tree won't let me cut it. It brings up the dialogue and when I press yes, it does nothing. Using cut outside of dialogue says there is nothing to cut.

Attached is the tree in question.

Good find! If you update to v5.32, this issue has been fixed.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, newbie here, I have a silly question: Is this the forum for the Pokemon gold reforged 97? because I downloaded the rom, but much of the information on the first page, about attacks and evolution levels is not accurate, even when the screenshots seems to be from the same game, but, some of the information about in-game events and where to catch some Pokemon is accurate. Maybe is because I'm not a native english speaker I might be playing a completely different game without realizing it, if that the case, can somebody confirm it? Thanks :D

No, the thread for Gold 97 Reforged is here.
    This one is Super Gold 97.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Sorry for the question but, how can i find turban? With rod or using surf? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry for the question but, how can i find turban? With rod or using surf? Thanks.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Someone has managed to play the Pikachu Minigame ?

Yes. As it says on the first post, press left and B on the title screen, then the fireballs will turn into notes. Then wait for the music to end and the game to "restart" and it will start the minigame instead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Tried again and it still doesn't work, the notes appears, the game restart and start normally. I'm on 6.04 version.

Back