• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Are this hack progressing?

maybe they only release patch when ppl find lots of bugs... otherwise game is stable and can play... seems like they stripped out all the fancy stuff from the main game, and added custom content, much smaller than original game, but hey its candy...

also,

which stat atk or sp.atk is used to determine damage? what do you mean no physical/special split.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • "physical/special split" refers to a change made in Gen 4. In Gen 3 or below the stat that an attack used depended on its type (so all Fighting attacks would be physical, even Aura Sphere). In Gen 4 and up any attack can be physical or special independent of its type.

So in this hack all your Vanilla, Cherry, Strawberry, Apple, and Chocolate attacks are physical. The rest are special.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    i believe i have it a snag. attempting to reach cinibar island results in being stuck in a ship with no way out and no pokemon/dex options in the menu. unless you are to wait some length of time.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Only if someone sprites Wilfred Brimley so I can make him the boss of Team Sour.

...this is the best idea I've ever had.

BillyKaplan

Sorcerer Supreme
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2019
    Found 2 places where "Pokemon" isn't replaced by "Pokesweet". The PC (need to change and edit logos) and the L/R Help Page, especially the type matchup list. Funny how under "What does this mean?" there is a "Pokesweet" section which starts off with "Pokemon is a name...".

Last edited:

Ganelon

The British Jedi
    Years
  • I can't say I'm going to play this, because I don't think my eyes or mind could take it.

It made me smile, though, so kudos :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Was really really enjoying this game, until I ran into an issue that made my file useless. I saved (to the game itself and a save file through the emulator) right before the final fight, beat it, and sat through the credits. After those were over I was taken back to the title screen, but my saved game didn't exist. There was no option to load it, only start a new one. So I'm basically stuck right before the last battle. Is there a reason my save data isn't showing up within the game? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Zoruark

wandering shadow
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    Was really really enjoying this game, until I ran into an issue that made my file useless. I saved (to the game itself and a save file through the emulator) right before the final fight, beat it, and sat through the credits. After those were over I was taken back to the title screen, but my saved game didn't exist. There was no option to load it, only start a new one. So I'm basically stuck right before the last battle. Is there a reason my save data isn't showing up within the game? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Sgm file and sav file work differently. to progress after league, i think all gba pokemon games use sav file but firered cant save like that so i think we cant go on further after beating league.
    (correct me if i'm wrong)

Wondering about walkthrough and faqs because pokemon levels and evolutions are so different >,<

Last edited by a moderator:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Announcement! Valentine's Day Update!

zsa6973.png

Hey everyone! Thank you very much for playing Pokémon Sweet Version. I can hardly believe it's been half a year already...I had planned on doing this update much sooner but other stuff kept getting in the way. But, I'm glad to get it out sooner rather than later. This is the v1.0 update to the ROM hack - we're no longer beta. In addition to bugs getting squished and minor corrections here and there however, there are a number of brand new features, and not just the sweet new title screen! Let's check it out~

Spoiler:

Download link for v1.0 (apply patch to a clean Fire Red 1.0 ROM!)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69192380/PokeSweets v1.0.ips

Years
  • Hey Ephraim, hope you don't mind if I stop by here to tell you about a few bugs that I found in 1.0.

A bug with a house.
    Spoiler:

And some bugs with the Freezer Islands
    Spoiler:

Kind of a long right here.
    Spoiler:

Anyone else here seeing these bugs in version 1.0? Because I don't think anyone's really reported any bugs for 1.0 yet.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Egads. Every time I fix one bug it somehow makes two more...alright, I just now re-uploaded a patch with the above issues fixed; the house and ladder warps were simply misplaced and there is now a bridge to that one little island so even if you surf to it you can get back out again. That shop was not supposed to sell those items, it was supposed to have all 50 TMs. It looked fine in PKSV at first but I re-pointed the item list and it's fine now...very strange.

I've re-uploaded the new patch here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69192380/PokeSweets v1.0.ips

And major apologies for these inconveniences ^^;

Back