• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that didn't need extra evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I have to admit, Porygon-z really didn't need to be created. BTW, have you noticed that all of the even gens are mostly new evolutions of old pokemon, or at least they have more of those than the odd gens.

Ayselipera

I guess I'll be the only one to say I love Magnezone. Took a little while for it to grow on me, but I just think it's adorable... in a weird magnet way. :D

Politoed - I'm not big on frogs
    Hitmontop - Just pointless
    Rhyperior - Ruined Rhydon
    Ambipom - Aipom was already terrible so I don't know why an even more terrible evolution was added.
    Mantyke - Why? D:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I quite liked Aipom, then Ambipom and its crappy bowl cut head had to come in and ruin it for me. -_-

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Rhyhorn. A pre-evolution would've been much smarter and Rhyperior is a terrible pokemon.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I've always thought Magmar and Electabuzz didn't need evolutions. And I'm not trying to be one of those dur first 150 were the best, people. I just liked them as a non-evolution Pokemon, and for some reason in my mind Magmar and Electabuzz were always sort of similar. Now that they have a pre-evolution and a regular evolution, they're not so much anymore. :(

I also don't really like Pichu. I just generally don't like when they add baby Pokemon. It's like, how did they not discover baby Pokemon? If Pikachu are found in Kanto how is it even possible no one knew that Pikachu evolved from Pichu before? Lmao, I don't know. It bugs me.

Equal Eyes

Happy Up Here
    Years
  • I've always thought Magmar and Electabuzz didn't need evolutions. And I'm not trying to be one of those dur first 150 were the best, people. I just liked them as a non-evolution Pokemon, and for some reason in my mind Magmar and Electabuzz were always sort of similar. Now that they have a pre-evolution and a regular evolution, they're not so much anymore. :(

I also don't really like Pichu. I just generally don't like when they add baby Pokemon. It's like, how did they not discover baby Pokemon? If Pikachu are found in Kanto how is it even possible no one knew that Pikachu evolved from Pichu before? Lmao, I don't know. It bugs me.
    I am.

Anyway I agree with you 100% about Magmar and Electabuzz. I haven't even thought those two in a long and your post remninded me how much I LOVE electabuzz. Sad that he had to evolve and become ruined.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • This:

didnt need to turn into this:

It deserves the nickname Mista Potato Head :D I think GameFreak watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 before thinking up of the 4th generation pokemon.

Years
  • I think the ones that I disliked the most (in no particular order) are:

Tyrogue/Hitmontop, Magnezone, Happiny, Rhyperior, Lickylicky, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Probopass, Dusknoir, Ambipom, and Porygon2.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Cool evos:
    Crobat/Hitmontop/Scizor: honestly almost all evos introduced in Gen II were epic.

Roserade: It looks good, and is much more powerful then Roselia

Gliscor: One of the few evos introduced in gen IV that actually met up with my expectations.

Mismagius: Never liked Misdreavus, but Mismagius looks good and is more powerful.

Lame evos:
    Rhyperior: Seriously, when I heard that Rhydon had gotten a new evo, I was dying to see it. But why did it had to be so *&&*&% ugly?

Electivire/Magmortar: Their Pre-evos still are cooler, but they're ok, I guess.

Lickylicky/Tangrowth/Magnezone: Most ugly looking evos ever

Togekiss: I admit, Togetic needed an evo, but c'mon can't you make a cool looking one?

I personally don't care much bout Pre-evos and branched evos, because you can always evolve it to your liking.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Most prevolutions were unecessary, especially Mantyke.

Magneton was one of my favourite Pokémon, and I wish they hadn't done that to him. I'm kind of warming up to Magnezone, but he needed to look more like a badass UFO and less like a dinner dish.

I constantly forget Golbat even has an evolution, so that was pretty useless. Gliscor however is one of my favourite Pokémon so I'm thankful for that one.

Though, unlike other people I actually quite like Electivire and Magmortar. They could have been designed better and looked cooler, but they're aiiiight and they fit the rival Magmar/Electabuzz lines pretty damn well.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • I think Hitmontop is pointless. But I love most baby forms....

I know Togekiss is a great Pokemon, but....I didn't think Togetic needed to evolve. :/

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Most of them I think are ok,

I always really hated Magnemite and Magneton, same as I hated Zubat and Golbat, but I think Crobat and Magnezone are actually pretty cool.

I love the Murkrow and Mesdrevous evolutions, they look so good, especially Mismagius!

The only one I felt to be really stupid was Politoed, being as the Poli family are all extremely similar in looks, and Plitoed just made it ridiculously random of an evolution.

Electivyre is awesome, but Magmortar just looks ridiculous.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • YES YES YES YES @ everyone saying Probopass.

Of all of the Pokemon they could give an evolution, I'm not sure what possessed them to make Probopass.

Its arm thingymajigs look like duck heads.
    I wonder if they quack.

Back