• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that you LIKE/LOVE, but others HATE

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Just curious, but are there any Pokemon that you actually enjoy having around or even on the team that you are sure many (if not most) people really DISLIKE/HATE?

Personally, I feel a lot of people to seem to hate Shuckle due to it having an obnoxiously high DEF stat and S.DEF stat in the video games that people would often max it out, then make a team of Shuckles with nothing but moves that continue to boost the defenses until it literally trolls the other person into quitting the match.

Now, don't get me wrong, that is absolutely and utterly annoying, but at the same time, Shuckle is still a pretty awesome Pokemon, reminds me of a chia pet to be honest.

How about the rest of you?

I mean, I can come up with a few more that I really love having around to fight or even on my team that I am sure many of you really don't like at all, but I want to see what Pokemon you guys enjoy that you are sure others are really ticked off at or really unhappy with.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Dunsparce gets a semi-bad rap but he's pretty cute if you look at him the right way.

"Pika-clones" ugh, hate that term get a bad rap too, but I love 'em, especially the latest couple ones.

Does anyone hate Elgyem? Or Xatu? I'm not sure. But I think those are very cute and mysterious psychics, respectively. Oh, and Grumpig!

Famously, Trubbish is hated on for being literal trash, but it's pretty cute as well.

I think Tepig might be in a similar boat? Not sure why that one gets a bad rep, given how cute it is. Maybe pigs are just hard to like. PigLETS though, they are universally pretty cute.

You might say the same about Popplio but Popplio has plenty of supporters even if has plenty of people calling it ugly too.

Chandelure gets a lot of flack in the west especially after appearing in Pokken. People seemed baffled that a light fixture was given a major spot in a fighting game. But Chandelure ranked number one in one of the polls in Japan, so hey, it's obviously pretty adored over there.

And of course, there's Porygon and especially Porygon's evolutions, who will never ever ever be acknowledged by the company again. RIP Porygon family, February 27 1996 to December 16 1997

Years
  • Pikachu. Many people wouldn't even think twice about choosing hydreigon over pikachu to fill that last spot on their team. not me. pikachu is vital for my strategy's
    I beat a Primal groudon in a fricking 1v1 by using my sweet kiss / fake out / reflect / protect, eviolite pikachu! it was my most insane battle ever! usually, i run a offensive set, with light ball. but not that time! (insert "troll face" here)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well my brother likes trubbish, magikarp and solosis.
    For me... cutiefly. Lots of people hate the name :p

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I think Trubbish is cute and imaginative, Simisear (least popular Pokemon in Japan as per the official poll) is pretty nice to have in ranked randbats on Pokemon Showdown, and I don't think Magikarp is the worst Pokemon ever (teach it Bounce and it wipes the floor with Kricketot and Caterpie).

I hate Pikachu and the Eeveelutions. I'm starting to be the anti-genwunner now. My favorite Pokemon was actually Mewtwo for quite awhile, but oversaturation esp. in the aftermath of Pokemon GO feels like having sugar forced down your throat.

In competitive play, I don't like to use Heatran or Tyranitar, for whatever reason they just never seemed to click with any of the kinds of teams I like to build. They're great on paper but I just can't handle the whole "great in many situations, horribly weak against common checks that render them useless" deal they have.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The Chikorita line! I went in blind when GSC first came out (and I was like 7) so I didn't know that it would be at such a large type disadvantage against... most of Johto, but also I don't know why so many people say its ugly - I always thought it was the cutest Gen. II starter and I like the look of its evolutions as well. :P

I know most of it probably just has to do with people preferring Totodile and Cyndaquil over Chikorita since they're great starters, but yeah, 7 year old me picked Chikorita first and never regretted it.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • ...I like Klefki...

...and Vanillite, and Lampent, and Aegislash, and Barbaracle...

MorganW

That Kid You Don't Like
    Years
  • Well I've always been ok with all the object pokemkn like Garboder and Klefki etc. although I'm not liking this mew flower crown pokemon. It doesn't even resemble a pokemon. I may be being hypocritical but Pokemon like Garboder or Vanilluxe still resemble pokemon in unique ways but this new pokemon is straight up just a flower crown.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Vanilluxe and Klefki.

These are two of my favourite Pokemon that I usually see receiving negative/hate comments. I love their designs and they are actually really useful to use on a team.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    ...I like Klefki...

...and Vanillite, and Lampent, and Aegislash, and Barbaracle...

Oh yes I like all of those too. I do why it was so hard to think of pokemon people hate.

I also am not a fan of pikachu, however I like the pikaclones and eeveelutions.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think for me it's Pachirisu (I hear a lot of people hating on it and I have no idea why, it's my favourite of all Pokémon!), Foongus (similar case, he gets a lot of hate in the Trubbish/Vanillite style but he's just soooo cute) and the Regi trio (I often hear them called the worst trio etc but I think they're so cool and have such good lore).

Years
  • Personally, I like Jirachi but a lot of people do not because they tell me it is one of the "worse legendary pokemon". While I do have to say it doesn't have very good stats I really like the design and concept of it's wish making. I also love it in the anime.

Oh yeah and vanillite and klefki. I don't really understand why people hate them so much, they really don't bother me.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I think for me it's Pachirisu (I hear a lot of people hating on it and I have no idea why, it's my favourite of all Pokémon!)
    Pachirisu is cute! Design-wise it's my least favourite of the electric rodents, but that's not saying much because I like each one of them. You know what I mean? Slightly last favourite in a group you like a lot?

Personally, I like Jirachi but a lot of people do not because they tell me it is one of the "worse legendary pokemon". While I do have to say it doesn't have very good stats I really like the design and concept of it's wish making. I also love it in the anime.
    Jirachi, Mew, and Land Shaymin are my favourite legendaries ^w^
    I do think Jirachi should be Psychic/Fairy instead of Steel though. Jirachi literally grants wishes, and looks like, well, a fairy or sprite or genie.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I don't know if anyone hates Golduck but I don't know anyone beside myself who's favorite Pokemon is Golduck. I've literally never met anyone in person or in a forum who likes Golduck or Psyduck the best.

I think a lot of people hate the ice cream pokemon and I think they're great.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I really like Pachirisu! Not sure if its hated that much but the "pika-clones" get a lot of hate so I'll put it at that.
    Also, I like Leafeon :) in my experience people don't really like Leafeon due to it's simple name/design and okay move pool, but if Leafeon's used right it could be a good threat !

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Vanillite line everyone hates it just because it has an "uncreative design" since it was based of an inanimate object. I like it because I think its a really cute mon c:

Flareon since it was the worst eeveelution to get for a time (especially in Pokemon R/B/Y and possibly in fire red and leaf green)

Phione because I think its a very cute mon but, people hate it because there was really no point in adding this mon in general lol

Back