• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: The Sky Legacy

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Pokemon: The Sky Legacy

Hello everyone, today i humbly come to ask for feedback on my rather ambitious project, that is already in the works.

Lore:

- The Region:

The Pindorama Region is divided between 5 Lands called "Sub" regions.

Sub Regions details:

Spoiler:

- The History so Far:

2000 Years Ago, The Rulers of the Meek Empire decided to swoop on the other sub regions on a full scale military invasion.

The Meek Empire ruled over the entire Region for years unchallenged under strong military force. Only Imperial Citizens could join the army or use Pokemon at the time while other sub region's people were reduced to second grade functions.

Untill 200 years from now where a massive revolt happened. Leaded by the one known as "The prophet of Arceus", all citizens of the Region fought against the Empire for freedom.

The people from other regions intervened to end the war and avoid this behavior to be ill influence to the rest of the world. It was decided that the sub regions of Pindorama would stay independent of eachother with their own governments. The 5 subregions were to live in peace and work with eachother. People were free to come and go to wherever they wanted. And never again an invasion force would threat an area's sovereignty.

An awkward era of peace began and sports became the sole method of competition between the people of Pindorama. Of course rivalry between the people of the 5 sub regions were fierce, but ultimately friendly and respectful, specially towards strong people.

With time, the sad memories of war were slowly left behind. Not forgotten, but used as example of overcoming hardship and peacemaking.

Now, Pokemon battling is the main competition in Pindorama, with thousands of people attending to either compete or watch. Although how we do battles here is different than the rest of the world, Pindorama became a massive force in the world of battles.

All aspiring Pokemon Trainers need to attend Pokemon School and graduate to officially get a Trainer Card. All citizens everywhere must have a degree to
    work, Pokemon battles are not different here. Anyone can battle, sure, but to join the official competitions, a trainer card is required.

But even after all this time, there are still tensions between the people of the sub regions. But while some tend to focus on the past to act to eachother, others focus on the present and future to have peace and a quiet life.

Main Game Story:

The Pokemon World Cup is coming and your region will be hosting the event this year, yet you have a chance of being chosen to enter, however, something is not right. Strange Cults, Region Tensions, Crimes and Conflicts... A lot of weird things started to happen during this time were the world is setting their sights on the Pindorama region. Now, if this is an coincidence or not, it's up to you to decide.

Will you ignore the greater conspiracy and focus on your objective of beating the Pokemon league to get a position on Pidorama's Representatives during the World Cup?

Or will you ignore the pantheon of champions and the greater glory to dive head deep into an adventure that will take you beyond good and evil?

Why not do both? The Journey is yours.

Features:

- There will be 5 different versions of the game, choosing your version is choosing from where you will start, your origins and how the NPCs will interact with you.

- Your choices matter. The player avatar is still silent, but during your play though you will be faced with choices that will alter the story.

- Everyone is Here! Unlike certain 2019 Pokemon games, all Pokemon will be catchable! From Bulbassaur to Eternatus, including Alola and Glar Forms.

- All Pokemon, excluding Legendaries, have their growth tables altered to be equal. This decision was took to avoid too much grinding.

- No Megas, ZMoves and Dynamax. The people of Pindorama don't rely on those extra methods to Win, Dynamax is extremely hated and looked down upon.

- Legendaries and Mythicals are only accessible after completing looooooong side quests.

- Don't want to enter the typical Pokemon storyline? You can entirely only take part on the bigger RPG plot.

- Don't care about the plot and just wants to go though Pokemon Bread and Butter? Explore the Region and take on the Gym Leaders and Final Tournament.

- Like the anime, The Pokemon League is a tournament. The winner get's the right to challenge the Elite 4 and Champion. But this time, the Pokemon League is also the stage where the representatives of Pindorama in the World Cup will be chosen.

- 18 Gyms for each type scattered through the region! 8 are the mandatory, but the order you fight them is completely up to you!

- All Gym Leaders have a Sidequest that you must complete to fight them.

- Gyms are actual Gyms now. All Gyms have EV and Exp training!

- Open world style game. The version you play decided which Sub region you start. You are free to explore after the initial small sequence, but the farther you go compared to your starting city, the higher the Wild and Trainer levels.

- The Main endgame is focused on the Pokemon World Cup after the Pokemon League, facing the Elite Four is the right of the League winner, but completely Optional.

- The Starters will be different depending the Sub Region you come from! But will be different from the Core Series Starters.

- Core Series Starters will be available through Side quests, not long ones like Legendaries, but still you gonna have to put some effort to get them.

First 7:30 Minutes of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YBt5GN7GgY

The starters the player chose are temporary, the Rival starters are permanent. Male Rival Get's Riolu and Female Rival Get's Zorua, but they aren't the only rivals in the game.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    Seems like a pretty cool project! Looking forward to play it!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    you make a thread to get feedback from the community
    220 views and only one reply

oh well

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    you make a thread to get feedback from the community
    220 views and only one reply

oh well

Yeah, it's hard to get feedback :(

You might want to try asking specific questions for people to comment on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2021
    Well, well, this is a lot of promises on paper! Unlike some other fanmade projects, however, you look really motivated and devoted. That's a good thing since you're gonna need that a lot, especially if I look at some features that you're talking about. Keep care, this project of yours could take years to complete and I don't think this game can exist without a proper dev team working with you. Don't forget to proceed step by step and keep a good organization on your work. Do you know the story of the creator of Yandere Simulator? Because the development of this ambitious is showing exactly what I'm talking about :)

One question about the past of your regions, are they still under the rules of the Meek Empire? I know there was a war the issue of it wasn't really clear, I guess it's not since now the regions have their own government? Just let me know because it might be my fault for not getting it lmao

I appreciate the idea of sidequests before getting the access to a gym, I always hated puzzles in Pokémon core game/fangames (but to each their tastes) since they're boring and always the same. They feel more like something on the "to-do list" instead of bringing something cool most of the time.

The mechanic of separating the history and the pure gameplay is interesting, sometimes people don't really give a fuck about a game history (this phenomenon can be seen in the gen 1 community most of the time for example) and when you're forced to follow that, on top of that, doesn't interest you, people can give up on the game. So why not, even tho I don't know exactly how you would deal with the level curb since badges can be done in any order? That's pretty dangerous for the difficulty and make the battles really boring or either annoying if the need for grinding reveals to be too high. I know that you have reduced the total amount of exp that a Pokémon needs to level up but that could still be a problem.

Also, what are these famous alternative starters that you're talking about? If it's not a secret, I would be curious to know about them! They might help my judgment to know if your game will be balanced or not.

Anyway, nice project,

- Urusius

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Spoiler:

i am very aware of the Yandere Sim situation(more than i wish i did). My game has been in the works for at least 3 years now, with two of them focused specially on defining the Lore and Plot for both Pokemon adventure and grand rpg story.

All the sub regions are free from the Meek Empire today, they coexist and have a general senate where they have representatives to discuss politics(economy, logistics,laws, etc) for the whole Region, but aside from that The Meek Empire don't interfere and the Sub regions stay independent with their own leaders, with the exception of the Western Free Lands where each province is a city estate.

About the Starters, they fit the aesthetic of the Sub Region you start in

(South) Firstriver Kingdom: Electrike
    (Central) Meek Empire: Inkay
    (North) Golden Republic: Cubchoo
    (West) Free Lands: Golett
    (East) Eastern Islands: Applin

The choice of Starters:
    As a whole, 3 sub regions of Pindorama are based on 3 states of Brazil

Firstriver based on Rio de Janeiro(First = January being first month of the year and Rio = River) and in game is the place with small cities and more focused on nature and beaches, as Rio has one of Brazil's Tropical Forests, and one of the most common animals there is the Mane Wolf which Manectric, theoretically, could be based upon.

The Meek Empire is based on São Paulo(Paulo/Paul meaning humble, small, meek etc) and just like it's real world counterpart, it's the Business center of the whole region, with towering cities and always busy people. Inkay and Malamar have both the Psychic type, the Type most used on the Empire and widely considered as status of power and nobility and Dark fitting the Empire's "evil" history.

Golden Republic has it's name from the Estate of "Minas Gerais" (General Mines) and, as the name indicates, was one of the various gold mining places during the time the country was Portugal's colony. In game the Golden Republic has a love/hate relationship with the Meek Empire, they hate each other, but work together as the Golden Republic houses the factories of the region such as Electricity, Raw Materials, metallurgy, etc, along with the harbor, receiving products from the rest of the world. But this sub region is also the snowy part of Pindorama, so the citizens there are the example of physical labor and hard work, which fits with Beartic ice type and bulky body.

The Free Lands are not based on anything specifically, but takes heavy inspiration from both Majora's Maks and Dragon Age, a group of independent city states that tolerate each other surrounded by endless, haunted, desert and a, confidential, area 69. Golett and Gollurk Ghost/Ground typing fits perfectly.

The Eastern Islands is a small Archipelago that serves as a natural resort paradise, and usually is highly underestimated by the other sub regions. The cities there are used more for travel and tourism, but the Pokemon trainers there, while few, are eager to explore the world. You will find there sea, hotel resorts, volcanoes and the crown of the sub region: The Draco Island. Applins are the mascot of the Archipelago, you never know when an Apple or an Applin will fall on your head.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I've moved your thread over to the Games Showcase as I see you have already been working on the game.

Years
  • "Dynamax is extremely hated and looked down upon" , it sure is : P
    The plot seems to be extremely rich and mature, the features may take a lot of time to implement though.
    But don't worry you've got me hooked ??????

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Just discovered this and am excited to play, those rare games where you actually choose what you do are always great. Lore sounds great, and I really love when the game has a story and region of it's own, unlike those "Pokemon emerald/fire red with new Pokemons and features, but no actual story", though I barely have any idea on how hard it might be to create the sprites, program moves, etc since I am pretty bad on that side. I'm anticipating the day the first playable version comes out

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    this looks promising from the description but maybe need to work on the graphic quality (the drawing)

Back