• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Walking Dead (M) [IC]

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Karly Rose & Ampi the Ambipom

that's exactly what i was afraid of

Spoiler:
    Karly gulped as Rory suggested using their Pokemon to distract the rabid Gengar, who was slowly inching its way closer to the pair. Ampi hasn't battled in quite a long time, and I don't want to risk him getting hurt... But Rory's right, we have no other choice. If I don't save myself, I can't keep Ampi safe anyway. "O-Okay... We can do that. Ampi should be some help - at least it's immune to Shadow Ball. Hopefully this thing doesn't know Focus Blast or anything dangerous..."

She grabbed the Pokeball on her belt loop reluctantly, holding it high with a shaking palm. "A-Ampi, go!" She clicked the button, and in a burst of red light, Ampi appeared in front of her. He looked somewhat determined to fight, instinctively knowing that Karly needed him to fight. A bandage was wrapped around his left tail-palm, but there didn't seem to be any significant injuries to him. "I'm... I'm gonna make Ampi distract it with Shadow Claw. Get Ivan and your other Pokemon to take it down when I say so. Just... please be careful not to hit Ampi."

Karly turned to her Pokemon, who was facing the Gengar with almost no fear. "Okay Ampi, hit that thing w-with Shadow Claw!" Ampi suddenly leapt into the air, much faster than Karly was expecting, and came down upon the Gengar with both tail-hands covered in a shadowy aura. The Gengar was completely expecting it, and Ampi's attack merely hit the dusty ground as the ghost faded away. "Don't let up! Just keep going after it!"

Ampi continued his pursuit of the ghost, who vanished every time he got close enough. It was obvious that Ampi hadn't battled in quite a while, since he was much slower than he should be, but he managed to keep a decent pace. "Okay Rory, try to hit it when it reappears and has its focus on Ampi. It can't dodge all of our attacks if it's only focused on him!"

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years

• Steven Fallkry
    Near Lavender Town

Dusk had stopped firing shadow balls, as now only one Gengar remained, however that one ghost sure knew battling. It constantly evaded any and all attacks directed at it. However, Dusk saw this as his time to shine. With the usual hunchbacked gait that is species was infamous for, the Sableye walked over to Karly, and pulled on her pants leg, the same unnaturally wide grin on his face. He let out a small chatter, which sounded reminiscent of bones clattering together, as if trying to tell her something.

Steven knew better then to interupt. Dusk was a respectable pers- Pokemon, and if the trainer didn't need his assistance, he would dutifully return to Steven's side.

There was something about the gleam in the Sableye's gem eyes that said that he really wanted to take this battle, which stemmed directly back to the respect issue. Dusk had fought nothing but slow, annoying undead for the past month, as anything strong enough to give him a challenge was either too big a zombie to fight, or ran away at the mere sight of him. This Gengar, however, provided the perfect opportunity to once again polish his battling skills with a real challenge.

CSS by DeathofShadows

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Rory Oliver Carr

Eve and Ivan out

Significant items on hand:
    Spoiler:

Karly Rose agreed with what Rory Oliver Carr suggested. She called out her Pokemon, an Ambipom, and started calling out an attack. Shadow Claw. It was a Ghost-type move, certainly an effective move. Rory Oliver Carr also noted that despite the lack of training, the Ambipom is quick. Quicker than both of his Pokemon.

"I'm... I'm gonna make Ampi distract it with Shadow Claw. Get Ivan and your other Pokemon to take it down when I say so. Just... please be careful not to hit Ampi," Karly Rose said. She sounded quite nervous, her bravado from before disappearing. Rory Oliver Carr understood her. The Ambipom might be the only Pokemon left of her. Rory Oliver Carr got his two Pokemon out. "Ivan! Eve! To me!" In two separate flashes of light, his Magnezone appeared again. Also, his precious Whimsicott appeared alongside it, floating unsteadily in a non-existent wind.

"Wait for the opportune moment! Eve! Tailwind!" A huge wind blew all over the area, causing leaves and sand to get thrown around. His Whimsicott seemed to be doing nothing but it is mysteriously anchored to something as the wind seemed to have no effect on it. "Hurricane, now!" The wind blew harder. Karly Rose's Ambipom and Ivan had difficulty maintaining ground but it was the Gengar who seemed to be having the hardest of time.

Rory Oliver Carr risked a look at Karly Rose. He noticed a Sableye, tugging at the girl's pants. "Karly, look out! It's another ghost!" Rory Oliver Carr screamed and returned his attention back to the battle. The wind was just annoying the Gengar, who can't manage to disappear. It was not doing real damage. "Ivan! Thunder Wave now!" Ivan shot a current of electricity towards the Gengar. It hit it smack in the middle of its chest. "Now, Ivan! Discharge! Eve! Giga Drain!" Both of his Pokemon attack. The wind chose a bad time to cease. Gengar laughed maniacally and disappeared again. "Damn it!"

"Eve! Ivan! To me again!" he called his Pokemon back, waiting where the Gengar would reappear.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023

"And So it Begins..."

"Well Gengar we have lived another day without succumbing to the walkers or the bandits" Tai said as he walked into a makeshift house by the side of route 1. "Ke ke" Gengar replied with a happy smile on his face.

"I think in the next week or two we should make a break through the surrounding woods of viridian and escape into viridian, or we could make a run into johto... nah we can't get through tohjo falls leaving only viridian or the Indigo Plateau..." Tai said looking at a crinkled strecthed out Town Map.

"Kekekeke.. keke" Gengar said pointing at the forest. "Yeah you're right, we should be much safer in the woods than in the open and if anyone is still alive at the Indigo Plateau they might be hostile, I never did trust that Bruno guy on TV..." Tai replied before shutting the houses secret door and getting into his sleeping bag.

"Good night Gengar, those bandit's aint gonna come this far south into route 1, and the zombies... meh they ain't no big deal they probably think this place is normal because of the zombie guts we smeared across the walls of it, that reminds me we need to place a drain of some sort on the roof so if rain comes it doesn't drip onto the walls and runs off into the grass" Tai told Gengar before rolling over and going to sleep.

Time to go

As the morning sun rolled over the once brilliant region of Kanto Tai was already awake preparing for the journey into the woods.

"Hey Gengar can you watch out for walkers we don't need any of them creeping up on us, even though it's been 5 or so years since the outbreak so they should be starving and weak but we might get the odd one that has just had a meal." Tai said to Gengar before walking off down the route.
    As Tai neared Pallet Town he decided to have a look at the ocean one last time before setting off for viridian forest he could see Cinnabar Island on the horizon.
    "I wonder if anyone is alive over there, they must be starving..." Tai muttered as he threw pebbles into the waters.

As Tai walked back from the edge of Pallet Town the skies quickly turned dark only an hour or so left until Tai and Gengar will make a break for it.

(Hour Later)

"Okay Gengar it is way to dark for them to see us in the open we should try and stay on the perimeter of viridian only coing out of the bushes when needing to!" Tai said before rolling up the town map.

Before long Tai and Gengar were creeping up to Veridian they were trying to keep quiet to the best of their ability. Gengar floated a foot or so above Tai as they crawled through the bushes. Tai was trying his best not to make to much noise because the Bandits will see/hear and a zombie might get him. As Tai and Gengar came up to where the Gym used to stand but now it is just a throne room for James.

Tai whispered to Gengar "This is as far as we have ever been. We better make sure we don't get caught"

In viridian the bandits were setting up campfires and getting out the food when one of them yelled "Who the hell has been stealing our food? It has to be one of ye's" in a nasally tone.

"Don't worry about the food we will find more in the next week or so." a british voice said emanating from the gym. A blue haired man stepped out in a black Team Rocket outfit.

"GOD DAMMIT! We aren't gonna make it into viridian now with everyone outside, the least that could happen is a herd of walkers come by... then again they would eat me up aswell..." Tai said to Gengar in a hushed tone.

Tai decided to lay flat in the bushes and wait it out but not to long after one of the bandits began to yell "Walkers... and lively ones too!".

"****. We need to get out of here now with all the commotion going on they won't see us!" Tai said before jumping up and running for the woods.
    As Tai ran into the woods he could see behind him the screams and yelling of the bandits.
    "hopefully all the bastards die!" Tai screamed before running into the depths of Viridian Forest.

Inventory
    Spoiler:

End Location:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023

extreme misunderstanding

Spoiler:
    "Ivan! Eve! To me!" In two flashes of light, Ivan and Rory's Whimsicott, Eve, appeared beside him. The Whimsicott looked a little dizzy as it stood, indicating that she truly hadn't been out of her Pokeball in a while. Nonetheless, at Rory's command, it managed to whip up a powerful blast of wind that blew across the town wildly, increasing as he commanded her to use Hurricane. Against the gale, Ampi was struggling to keep his footing; however, the Gengar wasn't able to do much either as it attempted to hold itself in place.

"Ampi! Get out of there! It's not safe for you!" Karly shouted; it was too late though. Ampi was knocked off his feet by the wind, tumbling out of sight. As he rolled behind a building, Karly thought she noticed someone standing the shadows...

As the wind from Eve's attacks died down, Karly heard Rory shouting at her. "Karly, look out! It's another ghost!"

Looking down, she noticed a Sabeleye tugging on her pantleg, chattering in an eerie and threatening manner. She screamed and kicked the Sabeleye hard, stomping down on its chest and holding her knife up again. "Don't you screw with me, you stupid ghost! I'll knock that dumb smile right off your face if you think about getting any closer!"

However, her threats were short-lived when she heard a fiendish laugh coming her way, looking up just in time to see the Gengar flying at her. She attempted to jump back, but lost her footing and fell backwards onto the ground. The ghost kept coming and coming and -

Ambipom!

Out of nowhere, Ampi appeared with a Shadow Claw ready, and before the Gengar could turn to react, it received a handful of the attack in a mighty blow. The Gengar screamed, covering its eyes and shaking about, stunned heavily from the attack and the paralyzation. "Rory! Hit him now!"

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Kaden breathed a sigh of relief as Connor fell asleep. He was rapidly regretting consenting to partner up. He didn't like people and nothing was going to change that. Not only did he have to submit to attempts at friendliness, but when the time came and he did find his flier he had to figure out a way to ditch Connor. It wouldn't be easy and he doubted that the Lucario would go quietly.

These thoughts troubled him as he finally drifted to sleep. As usual it was a light, unsatisfying rest. Some time later Kaden jerked awake. At first he wasn't sure why and his eyes darted around as he silenced his breathing as much as he could. Then he heard a scratching sound against the door of the warehouse. His mouth went dry and adrenaline flooded his body. Slowly he rose and nudged Connor, then crossed to Ember on silent feet and gently prodded her awake.

The Charizard raised her head and sniffed, then raised her lip in a silent snarl. There was something out there that shouldn't be. Kaden nodded to show he understood and approached the door as quietly as he could. It was sturdy and there was no way anything was getting in that shouldn't, but he needed to know what was trying to get in. There hadn't been any undead coming in to Vermillion for a while now, and even if there had been they hadn't tried coming to the warehouse. The thing must know they were inside. If it did, did these monsters have memory? Would it be coming back later?

When he was close enough Kaden leaned over to look through the cracks in the door. The source of the scratching was a Spearow fluttering against the sheet metal. It was very clearly not living. One wing hung loosely to the body by tendons. It retained both eyes, but the flesh on one half of its face was entirely gone. Wet choking sounds emanated from it as it thrust itself against the door again and again. Kaden breathed a sigh of relief and stepped back, making sure the door was securely shut.

"We're safe," he murmured. "Can't get in."

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years

• Steven Fallkry
    Near Lavender Town

Steven chuckled to himself as Dusk picked himself off the ground, grumbling in his native language as he slowly shambled over to Steven. The Pokemon had meant no harm, but as usual, his appearance had caused him to get the short straw. In a louder voice, though still in the Pokemkn's language, Dusk said, "Damn humans. Don't take time to even see if you're friend or foe..."

Steven merely looked on as the female trainer's Ambipom clawed the Gengar pretty good, stunning it. She shouted for the male trainer to attack it, at which point Steven turned back towards the town. A few heads poked out of houses, but generally, the town's few inhabitants stayed inside.

However, a lone, muscular man wearing an entire military getup stood in the center of the town's square, arms folded, and a slight grin on his face. His short, blonde hair rustled slightly in the breeze, which gently eased in and out from the nearby ocean.

Steven walked over, and greeted his best friend with a brief, "Hey-ho, Rick," to which the tall, burly man, in a deep baritone, replied, "Hey-ho, Steven." The duo clasped hands, after which Steven began explaining the nearby attack.

Rick remained calm on the exterior, and motioned that they were going to go and visit this battle, though it would most likely be over by the time they arrived.

CSS by DeathofShadows

IamCobby

...in case you were wondering
    Years
  • Ryan's feet touched the dry forest floor and he attempted to gather his composure. He quickly made sure he had all his gear prepared and secured, his hand running along the cool steel of his knife. It was dark now and more concerning was the increase in noise from within town, almost like the sinking of the sun had awoken the dead tonight. Don't do this Ryan, try your luck in Viridian he thought to himself. His stomach said otherwise and Ryan decided that hunger was a more powerful force than smarts.
    Without thought, he began to sprint out of the treeline and in towards town. Somehow he managed to stay quiet and before he knew it he was pressed up against the wall of a house. Ryan ran his hands over the building, searching for a window. He eventually found one but it was locked. It's not too late to turn back now. Ryan used his knife to pry open the window and he swiftly jumped through it and into the room. It was pitch-black inside, even for Ryan's trained eyes.
    He pulled the solitary Pokeball of his waist and aimed it at the floor. It cracked open and Espiridion took form at his side.
    "Light up the room with a Will-O-Wisp Espiridion." Ryan whispered. His Duskull whispered with joy as the eerie purple flame emanated from her mouth.
    The room lit up revealing it's contents and Ryan's eyes opened wide in shock.
    He quickly pulled his knife off his belt and took cover behind a doorway. On the other side was a tall skinny walker, presumably male. Ryan didn't recognize the face and the harsh rotting of his flesh was no aid. Get the hell out, what are you doing? Ryan looked over at Espiridion, who looked back at him with her hollow eyes.
    "Use Shadow Sneak and distract it for me." Ryan whispered, gesturing towards the doorway. Espiridion nodded and sunk into the floor. He peered around the corner and watched as the shadow crossed the room and jumped in front of the walker. It groaned in surprise but was quickly silenced as Ryan plunged his knife into the back of his head. He pushed it onto the floor where it collapsed in a heap.
    You're smarter than this Ryan, have you learnt nothing?
    "Let's look around and see what we can take." Ryan muttered, cleaning his blade on his jeans.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Connor was taken from his empty world of pure blackness when he heard some sort of scratching noise at the door of the warehouse, sleep was an empty passage of time for him the past 4 years, the first year he had nightmares but afterwards he stopped dreaming altogether. His senses weren't very strong yet but he could tell right away there was nothing truly living on the other side of those large doors. Before he attempted to get up he noticed his body wasn't fully awake yet, and before he moved much he felt a hand nudge him lightly. Well at least it seems like he doesn't plan on getting rid of me if he doesn't need to...if only I still had Draco, he'd be strong enough to carry both of us, with one hand each if necessary.

He got up and made to wake up Sanse, but by the time he turned the Lucario was already upright and watching Kaden attentively. Sanse was his best friend but it still creeped Connor out the way he always seemed so...aware of everything. They wasted no time in gliding noiselessly behind Kaden to take a look through the tiny space in the door themselves, neither was very shocked but a thoughtful frown accompanied by a furrowed brow took over Connor's features.

That Spearow was so deformed, it must have been infected a while ago, if the undead were smarter than they knew it could be signalling or it could be back later or-Connor shook his head, all the what-ifs were useless but he did know one thing. "For now." He answered Kaden's statement although the man had made no signs he expected an answer. "I'm wondering if we should stay here much longer, passing by is one thing but that one was right at the door, and I'm sure after all this time you've learned like I have that wherever there's one of them it's never long before there's others...The questions are I suppose the old school constants, where, when, and how?"

He sat for a moment and looked at nothing in particular while he thought. He felt deep down in his core that the man who had become his temporary partner was good...but he also felt that he was far too practical and antisocial NOT to get rid of him when he had the chance...but he'd just have to worry about that later. "I still think our best bet at this moment is to go through Rock Tunnel, it shouldn't have many if any of them there, and we might have a good chance to catch a Rock Type for a bulldozer, after all neither of our current pokemon are immune. And then maybe we could make a more definite decision once we could fight those...walkers I've heard them called-more reliably, what about you? I mean what do you think?" He leaned close enough to Kaden to keep his voice down but not too close, he didn't want to invade personal space, including his own.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Rory Oliver Carr

Unnerve

Significant items on hand:
    Spoiler:

"Rory! Hit him now!" Karly Rose screamed as the simultaneous attacks finally took its toll on the Gengar. Rory Oliver Carr cringed, hearing his name spoken incompletely, but stayed silent. I'll have word with her, later.

"Ivan! Discharge! Eve, Giga Drain!" Both Pokemon attacked and, since the Gengar was trapped by paralysis and the brute force of the attacks, the two Pokemon hit their mark. Gengar was struck with a blow but, for good measure, Rory Oliver Carr threw his knife, hitting the Gengar straight into its chest. Or, where the chest would be if the Gengar had not disappeared. However, this time, unlike his other disappearance, he left in a puff of ghostly matter. It's akin to how the Haunter disappeared when Karly Rose hit it with a knife.

"I think it's gone now. But we can't risk it. Let's move out. Eve! Return!" Rory Oliver Carr called the Whimsicott backed to its Pokeball. Letting her out was not the greatest thing he ever did since the plague started. He's not doing it again, no. "Let's go." He repeated. Just then, he noticed two people watching them, one with the Sableye. Both of them looked military. Rory Oliver Carr was unnerved by the sight of the duo. Especially since he thought he was already alone in the world. He was unnerved by the sight of Karly Rose, a simple and young girl. What more could two burly men do to him? It made him nervous. "I don't like the looks they are giving us. I say we go right now."

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023

ending one battle and starting a new one

Spoiler:
    It was done. It was finally done. The Gengar, who took three painful attacks in succession from Ampi, Eve, and Ivan, was defeated and killed yet again. It disappeared in a puff of purple smoke, leaving Lavender Town quiet once more. She was indefinitely glad about that.

Karly sighed in relief, pushing herself from the ground and dusting herself off. However, Rory's alertness noticed something she hadn't seen during the fight, and his urgent voice didn't sound too happy. "I don't like the looks they are giving us. I say we go right now." Following Rory's eyesight, she noticed two beefy military guys standing near the center of town, along with the Sabeleye Karly had kicked.

So it belongs to him, huh? Karly thought grimly, realizing that she probably almost killed someone's partner. But, this was no time for regret, since both of the men were looking right at her and Rory. It wasn't a particularly happy look. "You're right. I think they're up to something. Let's just leave. Make sure to keep your eye on them, in case they try to attack us." She recalled Ampi back into his Pokeball - he was looking too tired to walk alongside them anyway. "Let's go."

Although Karly really liked the idea that there were more people they could possibly cooperate with (where were they all coming from?), Rory was enough; besides, they looked untrustworthy, and far too built for her to take on, let alone Rory. If push came to shove, it wouldn't be pretty. She might be risky, but not that risky.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Pokemon: The Walking Dead (M) [IC]

Chapter 2: Viridian Forest

3 days after

"Dammit, Gengar I think we have about another hour or so before we reach Pewter City, we won't enter the city since it will be buzzing with either the dead or bandits." Tai said looking at his map.

"Keke" Gengar said before floating up into the air looking out for walkers.

"Okay than well let's get going!" Tai said marching off into the woods.

As Tai and Gengar continued to walk through the woods they had no idea they were being watched by something or someone. This thing slowly followed them through the woods and after 10 minutes it lunged at Tai bearing a knife.

"What the hell!" Tai yelled throwing a punch at the airborne man.

The man fell onto the ground and was stunned.

"You slimy piece of crap... hope you enjoy this!" Tai said using a hand signal to notify Gengar to use Hypnosis and then Dream Eater.

" Wait... P..please don't I thought you were bandits... please don't kill me!" the man screamed.

"Shh, walkers will hear you... I am not going to kill you... I will just... Maim you and then the walkers can finish you off." Tai spoke before the man fell asleep and was attacked from his nightmares.

Tai and Gengar continued on through the woods for another 30 minutes when Pewter City came into view.

"We finally made it and... only one near death, hope the guy isn't awake to die." Tai said patting Gengar on the back.

Back