• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Thunder Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

scf

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    I knew you were that kakashi =D maybe you should give credit to who made that pikachu for this?

Years
    oh well... back on topic: well, I see that this will be going along well because you can just run through firered and pokemon yellow...

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    What do you mean by that exactly pkmn-master?, Its not just that it won't have the Islands 1-9 like Fire Red, thats being replaced by Orange Islands which is where Pokemon 152-386 will be :P

Years
    The orange islands are small arent they? Wouldnt it be hard to fit 200 Pokemon in the orange islands? lol, if you do tho, you should make the legendary crystal Onix from the show XD

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Yes I do understand your point on that, but for this it is one very simple task, you just enlarge the islands like how you have one small thing on Islands 1-7 lol, and don't forget the main island that has the Orange League too :P

scf

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    Remember the second movie is in the orange islands ;D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Good screens, really good screens, (and I love the female trainer sprite).
    I think it'd be better if you concentrate on recreating the main part of the game, and not so much on the Orange Islands yet (as long as it is a remake of yellow)
    Oh, and please do not push him to make Pika follow the trainer. I think that's really hard to do. Take your time, and good luck!

andreas2

typhlosion master trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2007
    AMAZING HACK!! please don't stop working on it!!

Years
    But zeeellll.. i love pikachu when he followed me.. especially the part when you talk to jigglypuff and your pikachu sleeps there, then you ditch him, eheh...

But i have a suggestion, even tho i have never scripted before, cant you use the scripts from pokemon yellow from gameboy color? and tranfer that to your FR or something, just tell me if its possible or not, lol, im a noob eheh..

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    O_O... Interesting idea, but I don't think so. Yellow and FireRed/LeafGreen/Advanced Game (LOL) are hard to compare, as Yellow is a GB Game. You can't really import scripts from the GB game unless you want it to crash.
    But... seeing as you are a "noob" (I personally don't like the word, it makes me feel like... well, bad. I like to use WHB. Wannabe Hacker Beginner. LOL) then, I guess it's all right. Not everyone knows how to script.

Anyways, enough sidetracking. Interesting screens, but who's Clarissa? A different person? Looks good though, from here. My only O_O (but it's OK, and I could get used to it when beta 1, 2, etc. is finished) is that weird Pikachu. LOL. Your hack is just gonna be good, just from that Pikachu.

Please excuse me. I need to go laugh my head off.

From,
    ~TheRoad

(PS: Keep up the good work!)

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Laugh your head off why? o.O, Yeah the first few betas probably won't have Pikachu following, since if I recall it requires creating a new script on every map..or something o.o

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Actually, I reckon you should focus on the caterpillar script first, and get that done by the beta.

Don't rush through it and try and give us the rest of the game first, cause Pikachu was like the essence of the game. All of the hype was about it too.

Also, are you gonna attempt to try and let it show it's emotions when you talk to it? I don't know how difficult that would be though.

In addition, are you gonna give it that lil' dance it does when it's stuck behind a ledge?

Anywho, good luck with it man.

@ The Road: AS it says in the screenie, Clarissa is one of the Orange crew, an Orange Islands gym leader.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Well, hopefully you'll do some good work. After all, no one likes to see a rushed beta. I believe I said that a few times, but in reality, that's true. A shining example is As_Stars_Go_Out's Pokemon G/S beta. It's too rushed. Just an example of course.

Hopefully, you'll be able to program most everything. And if you really are going to implement the happiness feature (O.O That's gonna be really hard...) Then I suggest you start by finding the original Yellow's happiness meter blah, and base something like that. Just try to keep it a bit like a remake, and not add anything like Fakemon created by other people. Remember, it's your hack!

And before about my laughing my head off, that was purely because I had too much sugar. Now I'm tired... *yawn*.

From,
    ~TheRoad

(PS: How are you going to do all the features? And if you could, maybe you could implement the water surfing game in Pokemon, with Pikachu on a surfboard. But then, you're going to need something to teach Pikachu SURF. Maybe an extra, hidden gym where the prize is teaching Pikachu a move? But of course, this hack is all up to you. Hopefully awaiting updates!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back