• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Too Many Types (As seen in Alpharad's video!)

Kobazco

Gex Fan
Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Pokemon
    But we added too many types v1.6
    By Kobazco, marinepez, and CannonsCreative
    Commissioned by Alpharad
    This and the Alpharad discord are the ONLY official source for Too Many Types
    Download from other sources at your own risk
    BF7yhls.png

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13pDbjj7WQVSnlfwdQjIVYsd3yRaVdh9s/view?usp=sharing
    Apply patch to a clean Pokemon Emerald (US) rom
    Works best with mGBA Emulator, if you are experiencing crashing, try it on that.​

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
    • Added 44 types, for a total of 62
    • Created 118 new moves
    • Changed types of 180 existing moves
    • Pokemon can have up to three types
    • Created a regional dex of 295 Pokemon, all with new types

STORY CHANGES:
    • Gym Leaders and E4 members use new types.
    • All non-gym, non-rival trainers have randomized teams. Randomization is scaled based on similar strength.
    • New cutscenes to obtain certain event Pokemon, and Gen8 Fossil Pokemon.

QOL CHANGES:
    Spoiler:

Special Type Interactions:
    Spoiler:

Obtaining Special Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Modders:

Additional Credits:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Documentation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fEGN-JHdToubXHvi942ViDIG8k/edit#gid=730393319

"Too Many Projects" Discord: official place to discuss TMT, but NOT ask for technical assistance: https://discord.gg/Wf42mHRwWq

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Does this ROM hack have an EV/IV checker? Also, can you change your Pokemon's IV's?

Pretty sure it doesn't have a way to change IVs nor does it have an EV/IV checker. (also devs i swear to god please add a way to remove HM moves from your pokemon or i swear)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ooo I saw Alpharad's video of this a few days ago, very silly (in a good way of course) yet interesting hack from the looks of it, may give it a try one day soon since it looks like a whole lot of fun.

Years
    • Seen today
    So, my Riolu isn't evolving even though it has Max Friendship and is very high leveled. Am I doing something wrong?

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    So, my Riolu isn't evolving even though it has Max Friendship and is very high leveled. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to level it up during the day. Time is based on your system clock (assuming you're on emulator)

Years
    • Seen today
    You need to level it up during the day. Time is based on your system clock (assuming you're on emulator)

EDIT: so apparently my Riolu evolved once I changed the emulator's time from day to night. So i guess the in-game time is flipped like the Moon games in Gen 7 i guess

I didn't mention this but I mostly play during the day. I've tried but it still doesn't evolve. I've also tried changing the clock to where it could be considered daytime and still no Evo. Maybe I'll try again later.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    I'm assuming that this was not intended to be played on an actual 3DS via twilightmenu, as the bottom of the screen is repeated 4 times.

Days
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Update: it was indeed the fault of TwilightMenu, as it works perfectly fine on the home menu itself, thanks to NSUI.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Was running in mGBA, and the L button opponent preview has stopped working. It was confirmed working when I was checking Mt. Pyre for mons shortly after getting the Magma Badge, but then when I was trying to catch mons in the hideout, I noticed that L no longer worked. I confirmed the input itself still worked, both by starting a whole new run (it works there) and also remapping the L to a different button (didn't change anything). It seems to thus be something that happened that got saved in? Main things I can remember happening between the last mon I caught and the issue was flying around aimlessly because I forgot where to actually find the hideout, then using the PokeNAV in case calling Steven would help, then visiting Aqua Hideout which is when I then remembered where to go. Is this save toasted or is it likely that maybe the preview functionality might come back if I go forward?

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Was running in mGBA, and the L button opponent preview has stopped working. It was confirmed working when I was checking Mt. Pyre for mons shortly after getting the Magma Badge, but then when I was trying to catch mons in the hideout, I noticed that L no longer worked. I confirmed the input itself still worked, both by starting a whole new run (it works there) and also remapping the L to a different button (didn't change anything). It seems to thus be something that happened that got saved in? Main things I can remember happening between the last mon I caught and the issue was flying around aimlessly because I forgot where to actually find the hideout, then using the PokeNAV in case calling Steven would help, then visiting Aqua Hideout which is when I then remembered where to go. Is this save toasted or is it likely that maybe the preview functionality might come back if I go forward?

This is add, as the L button thing doesn't correspond to any like, save data flag. It should just always work. Did you go into your options by chance and set the L = A option? I think that would make it no longer work, for obvious reasons.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Tried changing options - from Normal to LR to L=A and then back to Normal. The L button works as A in the latter so obviously doesn't work as expected. In LR mode, it still works to shift menus it just won't pop up the opponent preview. In Normal mode, it just doesn't do anything. The R button still works as a shortcut for throwing pokeballs in all those options.

- Update 10/15: After clearing the E4 and champion the functionality came back. Not sure what fumbled and clonked it to begin with, still, but at least it does fix itself.

Despite the nargle, this was an extremely fun hack to goof around in. The fun in really just not knowing how a fight's going to play out, even when you can see the enemy moveset, really made it enjoyable. As did getting to have fun with mons that have weird niches that I don't normally get to use. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. ♪

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hi! I recently started a blind-ish (no looking at the type chart or teams) Nuzlocke of TMT, and I'm having a ton of fun! The element of danger added to the game by the unknown type interactions adds a whole element of danger which I love, and the quality of life changes are super helpful! I'm having a bit of a trouble though; I evolved my Kirila into a Gallade, and it ended up with Steadfast. I wanted Sharpness though, so I bought an Ability Capsule. When I tried to use it on Gallade though, it said that it wouldn't have any effect. Do you know why this would be? I don't think that Gallade's abilities were ever different, so I'm a bit confused.

Overall though, I absolutely love this game! It's been super fun finding out all of the different types that were added and what all of the existing pokemon's types were changed to. My compliments to the entire team!

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Hi! I recently started a blind-ish (no looking at the type chart or teams) Nuzlocke of TMT, and I'm having a ton of fun! The element of danger added to the game by the unknown type interactions adds a whole element of danger which I love, and the quality of life changes are super helpful! I'm having a bit of a trouble though; I evolved my Kirila into a Gallade, and it ended up with Steadfast. I wanted Sharpness though, so I bought an Ability Capsule. When I tried to use it on Gallade though, it said that it wouldn't have any effect. Do you know why this would be? I don't think that Gallade's abilities were ever different, so I'm a bit confused.

Overall though, I absolutely love this game! It's been super fun finding out all of the different types that were added and what all of the existing pokemon's types were changed to. My compliments to the entire team!

I'm not sure if sharpness is in for Gallade (or any other mon), but try using an ability patch instead? Although that might give you Justified.

Glad you're having fun regardles though!

Back