• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Trainer Academy

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    "Nice try!" Nathan screamed. "Swablu dragon dance super quick!
    Swablu spun and spun and spun; send the mudshots back Marshstomp; give or take a few that she took damage to. "That's the way swablu" Nathan said.

!ding! Nathan had an idea. "Swablu" he yelled again. "Dragon Dance Spin and use Dragon Pulse at the same time!" Now Nathan had used a deadly combination. Dragon Dance to make swablu spin which also initially makes her attacks stronger; while swablu spins it's dragon pulse, it is spread all over the forest battlefield boosting the chances of Marshtomp being hit severely. And not to mention it's dragon pulse was boosted in power too.

Years
    The Perish count fell to 1.

"Tom! Use Watergun and takedown to make a water missile attack!" shouted Steven, grinning.

"You're good!" smiled Steven "Whatever happens here, is where it all ends. It's either, you, me, or the both of us!"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    "Thanks" Nathan smiled. "You're quite good yourself." "Dodge it Swablu by halting unexpectedly; let the energy from yor spin push you back to evade it!" Marshtomp missed by an inch but swablu it just got scraped by excess water; now that swablu was behind it Nathan knew what it should do; Swablu swooped behind it ready to finish it off; "Swablu use Dragon Pulse" the still boosted dragon pulse was glowing with fierceness and was heading sraight for Marshstomp; could Steven somehow think quick and dodge or was it all over just before Perish Song Count reached 0?

Years
    Perish Count 0.

Marshtomp fainted a mere thousandth of a second before the Dragon Pulse made impact. Both Pokemon fell to the floor, unconscious. Steven ran over to Marshtomp and knelt down next to him.
    "Well done" said Steven "I'm proud of you". Steven returned Marshtomp to his Pokeball then turned to face Nathan.

"Listen Nathan, I think that it's really unfair that the battle ended because of the perish count, truly, I think that this victory is yours, great battle" said Steven, extending his hand towards Nathan.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    A wide smile stretched across Nathan's face. "That was a fantastic match Steven, you're truly skilled." "You too Tom, if I may call you that." Nathan stretched it his arm as well firmly shaking Steven's hand. "I'll see you soon." Nathan slowly walked towards the pack of trainers crowding around the doors to the Academy; Nathan chuckled at the frustrated trainers who were getting restles and whiny. As Nathan did so; he glaced in curiousity at the trainer watching Steven and his battle; he was gone. "Hmmph; he was probably wanting to see how we battle." Nathan said.

Then he saw a torchick use flamethrower through the air. And then it clicked; could it be the pokemon that had caused swablu's dissapearace. That was once hell of a flamethrower and Nathan knew it. Maybe if he confronted the trainer who captured it; he could ask them if their torchic accidently influenced swablu's disapearance. Nathan ran up to the trainer waiting for a reply to his question.

( Cue New2)

Years
    Steven watched as Nathan took off into the crowd.
    "I'm going to have to keep my eye on you" he said to himself. He walked out of the clearing and towards the front doors of the Academy. When was the place going to open? Surely soon? Trainers had been waiting at the front door for over an hour and a half now. Steven decided to go back to the boat, as it had been rumoured that the Headmaster of the Academy was on board. Steven walked to where the captains office quarters was, he knocked on the door and waited for a reply.

He stood there for about a minute, before the door was swung open by a burly bearded man.
    "Hello" he said "What can I do for ya?"
    "Well, you see, the thing is, when do the doors to the Academy open?" asked Steven
    "Can't tell you that, sorry" said the captain
    "Why can't you tell me?" pondered Steven
    "Because there is a surprise, now if you'll excuse me, I have to get this boat back soon, so it would be best if you departed the vessel." replied the captain.

Steven left the boat in dismay, he hadn't found out anything new and had no idea when the doors would be opening, the best thing he could do now, would be to find Nathan, and just hang around him until the doors were opened, or the special surprise was announced. The only problem was, Steven had no idea where Nathan was, the crowd seems to have compacted itself more whilst he had been on the ship. He had noticed that there were less battles occurring and more people waiting impatiently.
    "Nathan" Steven called out "Nathan, you there?"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Nathan sick of waiting for a reply from the trainer who owned the torchic decided to sit on a rock on the shore of the island when he heard his name being called. He looked up sharply and to his curiousity he saw Steven waving to come over to him; so Nathan did.

"What's wong?" Nathan asked. "Can I help?" Nathan was wondering why Steven had called him over onto the boat. !Pop! "Swaabluuu" Swablu popped out of it's ball and rested on Nathan's shoulders. Swablu gave Steven a curious look; it seemed to be very interested in what Steven wanted to say.

Years
    "We're getting more than what we've bargained for" said Steven "The ship leaves soon and the captain said that there is a surprise waiting for us, that's why the doors aren't open yet. What I'm thinking is that when the boat leaves, our surprise arrives, that way, when most of us are watching the boat go off into the distance, the surprise could probably find it's way among us during our time of missed concentration toward the academy, do you know what I mean?" said Steven, releasing Marshtomp from his Pokeball.

[That's fine, I'm just trying to get someone to make the boat leave and open the doors]

"But what if they come from the boat? Or what if they come from the sky? So many possibilities if the boat is just a distraction, what if they come from the horizon from behind the boat? It's just confusing."

Last edited:

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    When confronted about his Torchic, Andy laughed and admitted that it was his Torchic that had shot the Flamethrower in the air. The mysterious Trainer took off and Andy suddenly realized that he was a trainer in the battle he was watching. Perhaps that Trainer was scouting him out? It had been a hell of a battle to watch, much more interesting then the others. He wondered about this Trainer. He had questions for him. He hoped that the Trainer would be in his house so that he could talk to that trainer. But he had taken off. Perhaps some other time.

Edges, the Chobomaki, began to crawl out of his hood. "You wanna go back in your Pokeball?" was answered by a swift "Cho," and the Chobomaki disintegrated into a transparent red light.

((OOC: Sorry, I fell asleep... D: ))

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    after racing out and watching the intense battle, Alix felt a little hungrey but no matter she just couldn't wait for the academy to open! she saw lulu! "hey how about a one on one battle?" said Alix

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Alix, that nice girl from earlier, approached her, and asked for a battle. Oh no... I knew this was coming. But what should I do? I can't just be rude... "Umm... I... can't battle, sorry... I couldn't possibly..." And she was too nervous to say any more. She looked around at the people, looking at her and expecting a battle. She knew that they wanted a battle, but she was extremely nervous... She couldn't stand the tension anymore, so she ran off. She just wanted to leave, she didn't want to face the shame of running away. She ran down the beach, and into the jungle, away from the people. When she had gotten far away enough, she immediately regretted what she had done. She started walking back, safely under cover of the trees, and finally she was close enough to the people. There she sat.
    She couldn't possibly appear before them again, but she also couldn't battle. What was wrong with me? I really should go and find Alix... and apologize. She seemed nice enough, not like the other tough-looking trainers... Lulu found Alix, at the edge of the crowd, scanning the trees. She waved, and beckoned Alix to come closer. When she finally noticed her and came closer, Lulu said, "...sorry... for running off. I got extremely nervous... all those people watching ...I can't battle if others are watching ... I couldn't stand it... sorry ..."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Chell watched everyone hurry off the boat, she waited back, not wanting to be stuck in the middle of the crowd and unable to hear anything. As she waited on the boat a few battles were taking place, she recognized a few trainers, not by name, but by their faces. Andy had apparently been crushed between a particularly large trainer and the academy doors. Chell couldn't see any of the others though, she wondered vaguely where they were in the the crowd, "wheres Waldo?" she thought, then she burst into laughter at the randomness of the thought.

Chell decided that it was time to get off the boat and started edging around the crowd into the forest a little bit, Sea and Spike keeping close-by while Stone rested on her shoulder. She found a nice spot against a tree where she could easily see the Academy doors, surrounded by many many trainers, she decided she would wait in the shade of the trees until the doors had opened. She wondered vaguely if anyone she knew would spot her in the trees and thought it was highly likely, what with her her bright highlights and not being surrounded by people and all.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    "it's alright lulu" begin Alix "i'm a little nervous too!" Alix smiled and gave a laugh, "don't worry about it, say are you in lighting zapdos?" Alix asked

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Raine sighed leaning against a tree not far from the doors to the academy a Mime Jr. in her arms she was trying hard not to cry. "I should have guessed Zen, no one talked to me at all on the boat so i'll probably never make a friend... i should just go home" she said to her one and only friend her Pokemon as she spoke her purple and black dress moved in a slight breeze and some of her pink hair fell over her tear filled blue eyes.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    After watching a battle between that Swablu and Marshtomp, Mel let out a smile. She was now in the mood to battle, but sadly she didn't know anybody. She couldn't just ask some random person she didn't know to battle, it would just be really awkward.

"I should have guessed Zen, no one talked to me at all on the boat so I'll probably never make a friend... I should just go home."

After hearing that, Mel, couldn't help but twitch, but mustered enough tolerance to be nice. Maybe the girl who said that was one of those people who were really timid and pretty much had no friends because of it?

She wheeled her way over to the girl who was crying. Personally, Mel thought that the pink hair was odd, but she knew she shouldn't be talking. Mel was the only one that was confined to a wheelchair.

"Hey what's wrong?" Mel asked the pink haired girl, who was crying.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    "Well it's supposed to be that way, isn't it?" Nathan sarcastically asked, "It is a surprise after all."
    Nathan giggled inside, his shoulders bumping up and down as he did so made swablu really dizzy. "Swab~" It cried, in a Hey-watch-it kinda manner. By this tmie Nathan started thinking about him starting a new beginning, with new people; and he has! But he also though about that necklace which hadn't reacted in quite a while now. "Hrmm" Nathan thought. As he turned around to view the scenery he saw what could have been Chell or Lulu. "Ugh- I have to go." Nathan said swiftly. "I need to catch up with some people I met." Nathan smiled nd waved goodbye as he ran towards them.

When Nathan reached the trainer, it was Chell. "Hey Chell!" Nathan greeted. "Sorry If I was in a rush, a lot of things are happinening for me on this first day." Nathan started listing them all.
    "Meeting Lulu and you."
    " Battling a Steven."
    "Rescuing Swablu."
    "Wondering abiut the Trainer academy Opening Surprise." and "My Nec-." M
    Nathan stopped, at this point he knew he had told her too much, escpecially since the necklaced involved conversation of his history which he was deffinately not going to have.

"Well, I better go then." Nathan walked away. "OH AND" he yelled. "MY NAME IS NATHAN." Nathan chukled and walked towards the shore. "Skkaarmorrrry yy" A loud cry beconed over the shore Nathan had reached. Immediately he looked up and saw a shining, silver Skarmory. "Let's catch it shall we swablu?" Nthan asked himself and Swablu. Swablu nodded determined. "Watch out though Nathan warned. "It's looks quite strong."

Swablu flew high into the air ready for the attack. The Skarmory looked sharply at swablu. "Swablu use Dragon Pulse!" Nathan screamed. Swablu used a swift dragon pulse, but it missed has the Skarmory easily dodged the attack. As it did this; it came swooping at Swablu with a sturdy Air Slash that ripped though the air at Swablu. Swablu just dodging it, is ordered by Nathan to Dragon Dance Spin while using Dragon Pulse. The swivelling and swerving Skarmory just couldn't keep up wih the constant boosted Dragon Pulses and got severly hit. "Now Swablu finish off with Mirror Move." Swablu used Air Sash but when it hit it did nothing. Skarmory used Iron Defense.
    Strangely the Skarmory started spinning similar to Swablu. It was using Swords Dance to spin and was sending out tons of boosted Air Slashes. Before swablu got hit by one it used Perish Song.
    Swablu was hurt and so was the Skarmory. "Swablu!" Nathan said. "Use Dragon Pulse." It was a direct hit, the Skarmory was sent flying into the ground, falling throughthe air at an emense speed.
    Nathan threw a Pokeball. It hit the Skarmory turning it into a transparent red light, now captured in the ball.

It wiggled once.

Nathan was focussing his eyes directly on the ball.

It wiggled twice.

Nathan didn't blink a bit.

It wiggled for the third time.
    ........!dong!

It was caught! Nathan had done it! He ran for the ball and umed high in the air! He was so elated he finally caught his 3rd Pokemon. he Analyzed it Attacks; it seemed to know: Air Slash, Iron Defense, Swords Dance and Steel Wing. Skarmory seemed to take a liking to Nathan. "Welcome to the team Skarmory."

Last edited:

Lilliana

Years
    "Hey what's wrong?" Raine heard a voice ask and she looked at the source of the voice finding herself looking at a girl in a wheelchair with black hair she quickly wiped away her tears nervously.

"W...well... i'm just...uhhh...i'm just feeling lonely and a bit homesick" she whispered shyly as her Mime Jr. looked at the girl.
    "Mime Mime!" the Pokemon cried out excitedly.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Chell looked at the guy from earlier came up and started talking, she had trouble keeping up. He started with meeting her and Lulu, then a battle, rescuing Swablu, then he cut himself off in mid-sentence. Before Chell could reply he was talking again and he left yelling at her while he ran that his name was Nathan. She admired the amount of things he had seemed to have accomplished in a small amount of time and went back to watching the crowd for the opening of the Academy doors.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "Well it's not even the first day of classes yet, so that's understandable," Mel said, "Homesick? Hmm... I don't really feel that, I am just mostly excited."

Mel paused again and smiled at the Mime Jr. that was with the girl with pink hair, "Aw, that Mime Jr. is so cute! What's it's name?"

Lilliana

Years
    Raine smiled at her Pokemon "His name is Zen, I found it in a book of Psychic abilities I found at home...Do you mind me asking what house your in I'm in Blazing Moltress" she finished nervously.

Back