• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
good update! i like what you've done about morale and pp.

do pokemon disobey based on morale? if captured pokemon disobey for a while, it'll more realistic.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
This looks very interesting, I like it quite a bit. Keep up the good work, I am really looking forward to playing this game when it´s finished!

Thanks!

good update! i like what you've done about morale and pp.

do pokemon disobey based on morale? if captured pokemon disobey for a while, it'll more realistic.

Thanks. Yeah, the plan is to have the obedience system be related to the morale of the Pokemon (plus other factors)

No big developments lately. I used the 'extra Trainer bytes' I mentioned previously to give each Trainer a first name. After that, I worked on adding in adding a dynamic word wrap system so automatic line breaks aren't necessary for some lines of text. For example, when a Pokemon uses an attack a line break occurs after their name. For example:

*pkmn*
Used Pound.

Which is fine for Pokemon like Victreebel, where the line break is needed. But for Pokemon like Mew, it is not necessary. So I spent the past few days working on that, as well as working on another side project that I'll be announcing soon

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Thanx for your great work so far.
How long do you think will it take to complete the work?

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I am actually really REALLY hype for this! I want to get my hands on it so badly! Never thought I'd get this way from a gen 1 hack! >_<'

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanx for your great work so far.
How long do you think will it take to complete the work?

Thanks! I hope to have all of the In-battle updates finished by the end of this year, after which I can (hopefully) have beta testers play around with various Pokemon Battles to make sure everything works as expected. And while that's happening, I can begin work on the actual story.

I am actually really REALLY hype for this! I want to get my hands on it so badly! Never thought I'd get this way from a gen 1 hack! >_<'

Thanks!

Not much to update. I ended up updating my disassembly to be up to date with the pokered disassembly, so I had to do a lot of work to fix conflicts and other issues that came up from that, as well as a few minor bugs. The next step is finishing the text processor update, then I can back to finishing the 'Create new Pokemon' and 'Create new enemy party' routines. Then I move back to finishing the in-battle updates.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Here's a brief update:

I finally finished create the new Text system. I also updated a lot of text to be compatible with the new system and fixed some other bugs.

I am all set up to continue the implementation of the 'Create New Mon' routines. I just have to go through everything related to that again to get it all fresh in my head (also its a good time to double check anyway)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Here's a brief update:

I finally finished create the new Text system. I also updated a lot of text to be compatible with the new system and fixed some other bugs.

I am all set up to continue the implementation of the 'Create New Mon' routines. I just have to go through everything related to that again to get it all fresh in my head (also its a good time to double check anyway)

Omg yes!!!! Great job! I'll make sure not to update my 3DS then so I can play on that with tubehax!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Omg yes!!!! Great job! I'll make sure not to update my 3DS then so I can play on that with tubehax!

Thanks! You seem excited for just a mundane update, so maybe you misread. Just to clarify, I only completed the code that allows for automatic word wrapping, I didn't add in any NPC text/data or anything of the sort.

For an update:
I've been working the Energy system. As of now, there are 6 different 'energy growth rates' a pokemon might follow, similarly to the Experience growth rate attribute that each pokemon has. In battle, the pokemon will fall asleep if they do not have enough energy to attack (instead of using struggle). When they wake up, their energy will slightly recover to allow them to attack some more. Probably one or two more sessions until the 'energy' is completely added.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
This is definitely the most mechanically extensive Pokemon hack in history (or at least that I've seen). That energy system looks intriguing. I heard somewhere that Pokemon originally had a pooled PP for each move to draw from, or that that was the plan starting out, or something.

Can't wait for release!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
This is definitely the most mechanically extensive Pokemon hack in history (or at least that I've seen). That energy system looks intriguing. I heard somewhere that Pokemon originally had a pooled PP for each move to draw from, or that that was the plan starting out, or something.

Can't wait for release!

Thanks! Yeah I am not sure how it will play out. I'll definitely need a lot of Battle beta testing to nail out any kinks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
it's been 3 weeks, so what's up? how are you doing?

I've been adding in the new Pokemon cries. It took longer than expected because I had to rearrange the entire audio system, but it works.

For Gen 2 Pokemon, I just copied the cries directly from Crystal since the audio system is close enough. I still have to fine tune them since the audio engines aren't identical.

I also imported the pokemon yellow routine which plays raw pcm audio (thanks to shantytown), for the cries that I couldn't rip from Gen 2. Those aren't perfect, since its 1 bit audio, but it's the easiest way to play those cries.

Also, I've spent a lot of time on my side project website which I would like to announce soon.

I hope to finish the cries and energy next week while I am on vacation

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I've been adding in the new Pokemon cries. It took longer than expected because I had to rearrange the entire audio system, but it works.

For Gen 2 Pokemon, I just copied the cries directly from Crystal since the audio system is close enough. I still have to fine tune them since the audio engines aren't identical.

I also imported the pokemon yellow routine which plays raw pcm audio (thanks to shantytown), for the cries that I couldn't rip from Gen 2. Those aren't perfect, since its 1 bit audio, but it's the easiest way to play those cries.

Also, I've spent a lot of time on my side project website which I would like to announce soon.

I hope to finish the cries and energy next week while I am on vacation

I'll be more than happy to beta test this project, if you are looking for beta testers.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
If you need help mapping I could probably do a little bit for you if you do the tilesets :).

Thanks, but actually most of the mapping is already done. At least, in the version I was working on below I switched to the disassembly. I just have to transfer everything over when the time comes.

For an update: I haven't been working on poketre recently, but I am still working on thr GlitchMap rewrite

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Thanks, but actually most of the mapping is already done. At least, in the version I was working on below I switched to the disassembly. I just have to transfer everything over when the time comes.

For an update: I haven't been working on poketre recently, but I am still working on thr GlitchMap rewrite

Ok, good to hear that you are nearly done with mapping! :D

Back