• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon typings you hate?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    It annoys me to no fucking end that Gyarados is Water/Flying. It doesn't learn any flying moves and can't be taught Fly. Clearly it should be Water/Dragon.

pkmin3033

I'm getting pretty fed up with Grass/Poison and Bug/Poison at this point, because a ridiculous percentage of Grass and Bug types have it tacked on as an afterthought even though other types might suit them better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Yeah, for a very long time I thought Grass was weak to Psychic... nope, it's just that so many Grass Pokemon have Poison as a second typing.

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
    Years
    Normal is pretty darn boring with little to enjoy about it as a type. I've never been too fond of using Normal types when I can pick something way cooler!

Who wants to use a type that's neutral against literally everything? Sure, they may learn a lot of moves but with the lack of a super effective stab coming from the Normal type... meh. :(

I completely agree I don't think I have ever used a normal type before

I'm also not too fond of rock types, just never have interested me can't think of one cool Pokémon with a rock type, well off my head anyway

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I agree that water/flying is annoying. They're just so weak to electric. Normal/flying is also kind of annoying, because they're so generic, though I've happily used quite a few of them on my team. Actually, I do like some flying types, but a lot of the flying combinations bug me somewhat because I tend to start with a water starter, so I don't need another electric weakness (besides one flier for in-game, I guess), and too many Pokemon fly. Ground/flying also bugs me a bit because it's a bit too much of an oxymoron, though it's kind of a neat type combo at the same time, in part because I don't feel like it should be possible.

There are also too many rock/ground types for my taste, though in general, I still like a lot of them. Same goes for grass/poison (I wish they lacked the poison typing). As for flat-out dislikes, I'm not a fan of the fairy type, though I haven't spent much time using fairy-type Pokemon so far.

Years
    To me, Bug/Flying. While it does have some adorable Pokemon, it just makes them doomed against anything Rock-type, and is also why they are never used competitively most of the time.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    • Normal (without secondary): It's just too boring and very plain and only have 1 weakness, without secondary it pretty much bland with no taste after all
    • Dark/Ghost: before introduction to Fairy-type. It mostly impossible without using foresight-like moves to expose ghost or making it very easy to hit it just too OP for this typing
    • Flying-Water: Go with Rock-Type, your dead! Good thing for us is the quad-weakness against electric. So if you just typically using Rock-Type. JUST DON'T (I'm talking to you Gyarados)
    • Normal - Flying: Just too generic typing and always occurs during beginning of play-through
    • Rock - Ground: Extremely common and very fragile typing

Back