• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy [K+]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Len blinked, realizing that he was being watched by that girl standing up. Seeing her smile shakily, he returned it instantly, looking pleased. Poor thing was nervous. He saw the girl's Gible staring at Rico's Pokeball and winced.Rico won't do very much to you, buddy, don't worry. Hyper nut. He shook his head playfully, gesturing to the Pokeball. Then he brushed his wet hair back again, looking disgruntled.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • Warren Ainsworth,
    Teacher Trainer
    PUT Academy
    Hallway

He exerted somewhat of a cold persona. A persona that warded people of any sort of interaction with the 19 year old teacher trainer and most people all assumed one thing, that he was a guy who liked to be alone. Although, they were correct about that, he did like his space and that's why his classroom was based outside on the field but he shared Tobias Conway's room at 207 whenever he needed to teach indoors. His job consisted of teaching the students the practical side of being a trainer and it was just battling that he taught them on; he also covered travelling essentials and how to carry appropriate items, how to set up a tent and how to cook food outside. He was definitely an outdoorsy kind of guy and it showed. Even though he looked like a young boy, Warren had alot of experience in being a trainer and that's why he was approached by Cynthia to pass on his knowledge to the PUT Academy, to help others. Although he had his concerns, he eventually agreed to it because he could learn something from this too.

As he walked through the hallway that was increasing dipping in activity with every moment, it seemed he was later than he had originally thought. Class had already begun and Warren could predict that his students were already waiting for him and this wasn't like him. He wasn't a truant; at least he didn't intend to be. He had a young student tailing him, hoping he'd assist her to find her room. Part of him was just observing the young girls, noticing her attempting to match his level of sternness earlier on. He was intrigued by her and also by the Piplup she had. It wasn't really hard to suss out his love for water Pokémon. "Are you a new student? I haven't heard that name before..." he asked, a hint of curiosity in his tone. Walking a few more feet, he grinds to halt and turns his body to face Lira. "Ah, Tobias Conway....the class is right behind you." he said as he gestured to the door. He moved past her, he knocked the door, opening it to reveal a filled up classroom with Tobias Conway at the front. He smiled, nodding as he moved past to present Lira. "Got a late one for you, Conway." he said bluntly. "My fault, I held her up with one of my tediously long stories." he smirked before glancing over to the young student, smiling, moving for Lira to enter the room.

His eyes moved towards Tobias and then glanced once more at the students listening intently at their teacher "Can I have a word, Mr. Conway?" he politely asked, his voice returning back to the rigid and emotionless tone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Lira Lyeodmar
    PUT Academy
    Room 207; Classroom

"Are you a new student? I haven't heard that name before..." He asked as they walked. There was a tinge of curiosity colouring his tone. Lira nodded in response, "Yes, I am. I just got here today from Sandgem Town." There was a brief silence as they walked another few feet, and then without warning, he halted and spun around, startling her. She had to work to keep herself from flinching in surprise. "Ah, Tobias Conway....the class is right behind you." Lira turned as well, and as she did, the teacher moved past her and knocked on the door, then opened it and stepped inside. Suddenly nervous, she licked her lips and readied her explanation for her lateness, while the teacher before her spoke. As he was talking, it suddenly occurred to her that he knew her name, but she didn't know his. Too late to ask now though, anyhow. "Got a late one for you, Conway." He was saying. Lira looked past him to the teacher that was Mr. Conway, observing his posture and expression. Her eyes swept over his wavy brown hair and friendly yet reserved green eyes. From that glance, she gleaned that this teacher was a good one. Not too harsh or strict, but friendly, and one who chose the method of engaging his class into the discussions and lectures to hold their attention, and looked upon all his students with equality. She breathed out a silent sigh of relief, this teacher obviously wasn't the kind to put her in detention for a single slip-up. Meanwhile Splash eyed the other pokemon in the room, silently following them with his eyes.

"My fault, I held her up with one of my tediously long stories." Lira stared in surprise and barely managed to keep her mouth from falling slack - a gesture that would surely undo this ruse. He was helping her? The unexpected gesture of kindness and helpfulness caught her off guard. At that moment, she decided that despite this teacher's cold and aloof outer image, he was actually perhaps not only an excellent teacher, but an excellent person as well. Quickly composing her expression before anyone's eyes turned to her, as the teacher moved aside to let her into the classroom, she stepped inside without a word. She nodded to her new teacher in greeting, while turning her eyes briefly to the one that had lead her here as well, silently conveying her thanks for his excuse through her eyes before she seated herself near the front of the room, let her backpack slide to the floor and placed Splash on her desk.

Finally turning her attention to the other students, Lira began to observe each in turn. She would have introduced herself, both to the class and to her teacher, but everyone seemed preoccupied. The teacher that had lead her here was asking to speak with Mr. Conway, and most of the other people in the class were fixated on another girl at the front of the room. Lira lifted an eyebrow unobtrusively at this, hm, so what exactly had this person done to command so much attention from everyone else? Lira wasn't someone easily impressed, and more besides, she didn't go with the flow either. While other people seemed content to move with the group like herd animals, she wasn't one to do any of that. She marched to the beat of her own drum. She kept her face expressionless, but her eyes were turned to the girl at the front. Only the slight tilt in the position of her head indicated the fact that she was watching and listening closely. Searching. But the gesture was so slight only someone who was immensely perceptive or knew her exceptionally well would be able to notice it. Splash was silent as well, looking around at the other pokemon, but making no attempt to interact with any of them. He was simply watching, silent, listening and learning.

As she was.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Eyes flickering to the doorway, Ashley watched as a young girl entered the classroom. So this must be Lira, the girl who - though she didn't know it - had actually saved her bacon during registration earlier. Giving her a small smile, she glanced down and noticed she had a Piplup. Very cute pokemon, but can be a fierce battler when riled, she watched Gible follow the two with his eyes with a little smile. The little dragon pokemon didn't miss a trick - he was like her personal guard-Gible, always alert and always watching. Hitmonchan was simply sat in a seat next to Tobias' desk, looking bored, and Wingull had perched himself on top of a bookshelf at the back and was preening his feathers.

"Can I have a word Mr Conway?" came a stone-cold voice from the doorway, and Ashley looked around, almost in surprise. There was the young brown haired teacher she'd seen from before in the hallway, and he still looked as stern now as he did then. She wondered just how senior he was - he gave off the air of being a Headmaster but did not look old enough at all. Either way, she didn't think that aura of coldness was the appropriate one to exude in a school full of young trainers eager to learn, but in the end, it really wasn't up to her to say.

Her feet were starting to ache somewhat from being stood up for so long, so she perched herself on the corner of Tobias' desk, which seemed sturdy enough, and crossed her legs, hands placed around the sides of the desk for support. Smiling slightly at her other classmates she turned her gaze to the side and looked out of the large windows at the drizzly sky - she hoped this wasn't the usual climate in this city...alright, Pallet Town hadn't been the Sevii Islands itself, but it had more than its' fair share of sun and heat.

Years
  • (I keep forgetting that American high schools only have four year levels :/)

* * *​

He gazed morosely out of the window at the front gate of the Pokémon Ultimate Trainers Academy, at the new students tentatively taking their first steps along the pathway of the front lawn, at the teacher trainers greeting passersby, at the community he was no longer a part of. It was good to finally be out of school, but two months of summer had given him ample time to find something to do with himself and so far he'd done next to nothing. On top of paying the rent and food costs, he barely had enough money leftover from his job as a ticket taker at the nearby Crown City Stadium to put towards savings. Unlike some of his friends, who had signed up to become Teacher Trainers at the UTA, Jack didn't want to return to a place that had been the source of most of his stress in his adolescent life so soon. Renting a fifth-floor apartment in clear sight of the Pokémon school clearly wasn't a good decision on his behalf.

Most of all, Jack wanted to be an adventurer, a travelling trainer who could hold his own against region champions and the elite of professional trainers. Unlike others, he was cautious and didn't begin right away. Rather than setting himself up for a life of failure by staying in Sandgem, he convinced his parents to send him to the UTA to learn about Pokémon battling. The downside was that he had to pay for half of the total cost himself by paying them back. The Academy had extremely expensive fees, and his parents had to take out a loan from the bank in order to pay them. For the last four years he had spent almost all of what he earned from casual jobs to pay them back, but working underage meant a lesser pay rate. His debt was still a staggering $11,500. Of course, finishing his education meant he no longer received board from the Academy. Even though sharing his apartment with a few friends minimised the cost of rent, for the past summer he had barely covered his cost of living, let alone paid back the debt.

So for the time being, he would continue to work aimlessly until he could afford to become a full-time Pokémon trainer. Even after paying back his parents, Jack had work to do. Too many times, he had heard tales of eager teens leaving home on a Pokémon adventure only to crash and burn, returning home broke and ashamed two months later. Secretly, he had been saving up to pay for a course on currency trading, hoping that should he set off on a Pokémon journey he would at least have a way of earning money remotely should he not be successful as a trainer straight away. But for the time being, it looked like he would be stuck in his current situation for a long time coming. This wasn't what he had planned. In his senior year of school he had planned to be rid of his debt by this time, to be travelling all across Sinnoh as a successful Pokémon trainer.

It started raining. Looks like we're not walking, he thought. His Natu materialised on the windowsill upon hearing this thought and hopped up to sit on his owner's shoulder. Aether was chirpy and cheerful, but Jack knew that being holed up inside and not battling wasn't doing her any good. He was a bit rusty as well, not having battled since placing third in the year-end tournament at UTA last year. His dream was slipping away from him with every passing second.

"Natu, teleport." Instinctively, the bird knew where to go. In a matter of seconds, Jack stood outside the Crown City Stadium. He had a five hour shift now, and another five hour shift later that night for the Academy's battling demonstration that night. He just couldn't seem to get away.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Tobias Conway
    PUTA
    Room 207

Tobias nodded enthusiastically at Ashley's response to his question. It seemed that this one wouldn't have any problem coming out from under her family's shadow.
    "Very good, Ashley. Although, I would have liked you to have raised your hand as I'd asked. But no matter, you were perfectly correct. You and your Pokemon can sit down now.

"As Ashley hinted at, type advantages alone don't win a battle. It is always a good idea to teach your Pokemon a variety of moves, so that if faced with a Pokemon who you would usually be at a disadvantage with, you can easily find your way on top. Now Sucker Punch, although it doesn't give Hitmonchan a Same Type Advantage Bonus --"

Tobias was cut off by a strong voice in the doorway.
    "Got a late one for you, Conway." At the door stood a young teacher with brown hair whom Tobias had met upon applying at the Academy. Warren Ainsworth, he believed. "My fault, I held her up with one of my tediously long stories."

"Not a problem, Mr Ainsworth. Lira, I presume?" Tobias asked, his face exploding into a wide smile. "We were just discussing the importance of Type Advantage. Please, take a seat."

"Can I have a word, Mr Conway?" Warren asked, his stern voice both cold and polite.

"Er, yes of course you can sir. Class, feel free to get to know each other, I'll be back in a minute."
    Tobias followed Warren out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. His mind raced. He'd barely been there an hour, what had he done?

LilCthulhu

Screw the Ruru! I've got money
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Baobab Marsh
    PUT Academy
    Classroom, Hallway, Laboratory

"Some people are just unbelievable." Baobab thought as those class clowns left the room. He continued with his class by giving an introduction to the study of Pokemon Biology. He wrote some complicated but fundamental concepts of the field on the blackboard. It was about what scientists truly conciser a Pokemon. Their characteristics, and a comparison of Pokemon Evolution with the normal growth of a human being. Complicated stuff indeed, but it was obviously easy to the professor. Adeline continued to to take notes as well. Finally, the class ended with the ring of the bell. Some students stayed in the classroom, other left, but Adeline was right behind Baobab. "OK then... the next class is Pokemon Medicine. Please come with me, Adeline".

Baobab left the classroom and Adeline followed. They walked down the hallway until they reached the lab. There were many students in there. It was full of students that were just this year from the graduation, therefore it could be assumed that the next class would be something as difficult as Pokemon Medicine. "Welcome back class. I'm Professor Baobab, as you all already know, and I'll be giving you Pokemon Medicine. This is the young Teacher Trainer Adeline, who's shadowing me today. Now, let's begin." Baobab then took his Joleton, named Speeder, and connected it's ears to a Jumper. The electricity ran through it and some Bunsen Burners that were on the table turned on. "In this class, we'll start with something easy. We'll be making medicinal items derived from berries. Adeline, can you please help me give all this Oran Berries to the students?" said Baobab as an introduction to the class lesson.

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
  • Sigh No More
    Adeline Roux
    PUT Academy
    Corridor and Laboratory

It was funny. School was something Adeline had not experienced. At the age of thirteen she had left the grind of every day studies to pursue adventure. Cliche school movies where the ugly girl becomes beautiful and gets the school sweat heart never really related to her. She was entering the system for the first time. This only caused her to question her credentials even more. Today was the first real look at a class room setting in ten years. It was important but she wasn't sure watching another class would be as constructive. Looking down upon her paper it, she shadowing Medicine class next. This was something that she felt like couldn't be taught in the classroom fully. There was nothing like the feeling of have to find the correct berry in the wilderness when there were hundreds of different berries that looked very similar. Yes. They could have all those in one classroom and make them distinguish them, but it would kill the process. The process of knowing where to find them, knowing if they were correct, and if they were good to eat. To combine all those steps were a lot more advanced then if they were laid in front of someone in class.

"OK then... the next class is Pokemon Medicine. Please come with me, Adeline," the man only confirmed what was on Adeline's paper. He failed to haul the trainer from her thoughts. She said nothing and re-entered her brain. She could not help but chuckle a little bit as she remember the first time Vulpix had been paralyzed miles from a Pokemon Center. Adeline had found a berry paradise but could not label the correct one. Vulpix must have eaten twenty berries before Adeline was able to locate one that dulled the paralyzation. Vulpix immediately vomited its full stomach. What a frantic panic she had worked herself into. She had convinced herself the fox would have perished.

The hallway had imitated the sky. There seemed to be as many kids in one corridor as there were raindrops in the sky. The two managed to not collide with anyone and entered the lab. It was filled with older students who seemed much more behaved, confident, and serious than the last class. It was almost as if they wanted to actually learn. A novel attitude that students seemed to always lack. Any chatter about the summer holiday was over as soon as the Adeline and her mentor penetrated the doorway. "Welcome back class. I'm Professor Baobab, as you all already know, and I'll be giving you Pokemon Medicine. This is the young Teacher Trainer Adeline, who's shadowing me today. Now, let's begin." Again he was all business, but this time it seemed to work better. The kids were on the same page instead of quivering in their boots or running there mouths, they were attentive.

A Jolteon appeared by Baobab's side. It must have been his but the teacher had not seen it released. It had been a while since she had seen the electric evolution of Eevee. It was her favorite pokemon when she was little but the scarcity of its species had made it too hard for Adeline to obtain. Glancing around, she seemed to be the only one surprised of its presence. It heated some burners and the professor began his speech. Adeline laughed. Oh how she wished the flames of campfires were as consistent as the ones on the tables. It would have made constructing concoctions so much simpler.

At that moment it hit her like train. She really had learned a lot. She may not know a whole lot on what makes a pokemon a pokemon, but on subjects like this she he had experienced everything the hard way. The times she had picked the wrong berries to the times she had undercooked oran berry syrup, Adeline Roux had learned. She knew that oran plants yielded eight berries. If there were not eight berries on the plant there would either be a missing berry which you would be able to tell or it was no oran berry plant. Instead it was a berry that came from the same family but would poison the pokemon. There was really no way to tell by color, shape, or size. You had to look at the plant. This knowledge was something she had never realized she had. It had developed into instinct. The epiphany of actually being a good trainer was revolutionizing. Her confidence swelled immediately. She did have something to offer to these kids.

Fashion was great. However, it rarely aroused the same raw emotions that training her pokemon did. How she could be so happy by just thinking about simple medicines. It was unthinkable but real. Without realizing it, Adeline had been standing just inside the door for several minutes. She was finally forced to move, "In this class, we'll start with something easy. We'll be making medicinal items derived from berries. Adeline, can you please help me give all this Oran Berries to the students?" Prancing swiftly to the front of the class, she handled the blue berries with care. Oran berries were oddly named things. Its name originated from the color Orange but yet they were more of a blue turquoise. However, when they were ground up and mixed with sugar cane and saliva the pulp's color turned orange. It was medicine that primitive humans used long ago. It was still effective to this day but mostly only utilized when a trainer had no more advanced methods. Adeline was quite proud of herself for knowing all of that.

Adeline disinterested in the lesson, she knew every word, finished handing the berries out and returned to a seat in the back of the class. She began to scribble more lesson plans for the next day. She was no long nervous. Instead she anticipated it almost as much as a fashion show. It would be a long night of laying awake but she was ready. Reaching into her Gabbana bag she grabbed her class list. There would only be fifteen students in her only class of the day. Among the names were Len Editon and Ashley Oak. The later was alarming. Surely it could not be a relation to Professor Oak or the successful trainer Gary Oak...

Ducklighter

Years
  • Warren Ainsworth,
    Teacher Trainer
    PUT Academy
    Hallway

He walked a few steps out into the hallway of the academy, and his thoughts were already escaping with him. He began to wonder what the class were going to delve into and if he were interested in sitting in and just watching these youngsters learn about Pokémon and whatnot. Although it was tempting to suggest this to Tobias Conway, he didn't because he honestly knew his mind wouldn't be stimulated enough if he were to observe the adolescent young minds of the students, especially since he had no interest in doing that oh god, i don't even think this guy even likes me or does he even remember me from the registration process?. If he was honest, he liked his own space and being alone was something he preferred than being around others constantly but obviously he couldn't handle it all the time. He did require making conversation with people and actually having friends but honestly, the boy had trouble doing that with anyone. This wasn't just something that just sort of happened but he's always been like this, this way. He hadn't ever really dealt with his past and essentially ran away from it – quite it literally actually.

His mother died when he was just a young child and he had bounced around from foster family to foster family and never really experienced anyone constant, he was a loner. That was the best way to describe Warren Ainsworth. He didn't become a loner, he was always a loner and it wasn't essentially by choice. The poor kid had never really trusted anyone that had come into his life and he formed this barrier with the world and it never came down, alienating anybody that came close to the young man – friends, biological family or lovers. He didn't allow that because he honestly couldn't comprehend someone really wanting to stick around him. he saw himself as damaged goods, that even his mother died to do away with him. And that's why he was such a great traveller. Because he didn't require any partners, any sort of companion or friends. He had his Pokémon and he loved them and they loved him. You could see that Warren behave differently around Pokémon. He actually seems to come across as a human being. He really loved them and he fiercely took care of them and trained them as hard as he trained himself. He was Pokémon person, like many of the students here are.

He pushed his hair back as he casually relaxed himself as he turned to his co-worker. He couldn't help but examine the teacher trainer as he addressed the class. He admired the way he seemed to engage the students, something he could only wish to do. When Warren was in the classroom, he could always hear the murmur and whispers of the students as they gossiped about him. Saying little things like 'he's so robot like.' And 'is he even real?' and he accepted. It's not like these comments came without any merits. He did come across that way but he honestly had no intention to really change for anybody, mainly because he couldn't. He didn't know how. He cleared his throat as Tobias came out of the classroom to address Warren. He plastered on a smile, hoping to draw him into some kind of friendly relationship. "Hey, sorry about dragging out you here but I wanted to introduce myself properly." he said sharply. "Warren Ainsworth, I won the Johto and Sinnoh League, nice to meet you."

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Tobias Conway
    Teacher Trainer
    Corridor

Oh God, oh God, oh God... Tobias had managed to work himself into a panic before he had even left the classroom. His first contact with a colleague, and it seemed like he was already in trouble. He suddenly felt 5 years old again, getting called to the Principle's office of the Trainer School in Violet City for being 'uncooperative with peers', whatever that had meant to a child who wasn't old enough to pronounce the letter 's' properly.

As Tobias tried to calm himself, he noticed the other teacher attempt to do so too. Tobias was never able to read into emotions with ease, but there was something familiar about how Mr Ainsworth approached Tobias; he seemed just as nervous as his comrade, each feeling as unable to communicate as the other. For the first time since the demise of his mother, Tobias was intrigued by the thoughts of another human being. Or at least, one that he wasn't trying to help. Tobias cocked his head to the side a little, almost keen to find out more about the strange man. Heck, maybe a friendship was on the cards. Now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

"Hey, sorry about dragging out you here but I wanted to introduce myself properly." The man said sharply. "Warren Ainsworth, I won the Johto and Sinnoh League, nice to meet you."
    Tobias thought he looked familiar. He'd heard of Warren fleetingly in his travels, but having just grieved over his mother he hadn't been very interested in the goings on in the Johto League.

"Oh yes, I've heard of you," Tobias said with a nervous smile. "You were on the circuit when I had just started out, I'm a Johto boy myself. Tobias Conway."
    Tobias held out an unsteady hand to his new ally, hoping he hadn't said anything ... socially unacceptable. His mind flustered beneath his casual smile as he searched frantically for another topic to talk about.

"I was never one for competitive battling. I fought for badges if I were to come across a Leader in my travels, but I'm more for the philanthropist work, myself." Did that come across as if I am better than him? Damn, change the subject, quick!

"H-have you taught her long?"

Ducklighter

Years
  • Warren Ainsworth,
    Teacher Trainer
    Corridor, PUT Academy.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Warren looked over the young teacher trainer and he immediately could tell that he was nervous, or was worried about something. Perhaps he was also feeling the same as Warren and he just wanted to be liked. His mind rattled about as he looked at Tobias, with such a plain and neutral posture – he was inadvertedly analysing the poor young man. He didn't even know he was doing it this time, this sort of just came to him naturally. When Warren knew nothing about someone, he relied he keen ability to read them by their facial expression, body language and certain unique traits they exhibited in his presence – Tobias was nervous and unlike Warren, he couldn't hide that fact. All Warren could do was plaster on this smile that would hopefully would hide away his natural cold exterior he couldn't help but exude from pores. He licked his lips as he listened to the young man talk, nodding to every little sentence he finished. He almost seemed interested in what he was saying. "Oh yes, I've heard of you," Warren's ears pricked at the sound of that last sentence. He was now interested that Tobias knew of him, he was very pleased and quite chuffed, if he was being honest with himself. A feeling of value and self worth arose within the young trainer, and he liked this. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You were on the circuit when I had just started out; I'm a Johto boy myself. Tobias Conway." Warren could sense Tobias' nervous state and he wasn't really bothered by it anymore. He was actually interested in the conversation he was having with his colleague and the fact that he too was from Johto intrigued also. A glint in his eye as he was laying eyes on a fellow native Johtonian. Warren felt a little bit like home, if he knew what that was. What exactly was a home, he didn't not know but he knew exactly what this was and it was an opportunity to make a friend out of someone. A genuine smile curled up on his face. "Wow, a fellow Johtonian, that's something I haven't heard in a while." he said, his tone cheering up. "I'm from Blackthorn City. How is the old region, eh? I haven't been back in such a long time, I almost miss it." He said, his voice wandering away with his thoughts. His ears pricked again, he wasn't a trainer? Something unusual there. "You were not a trainer? Interesting." His voice returning to the usual dull monotone voice. "No, I just met her..." His eyes wandering around the eerily quiet hallway, he then remembered his classroom. "Oh, that reminds me, I have a class waiting for me." How could I forget that?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Garen F. Astriam
    Crown City Civilian/ Cafe Owner
    Sky Line Cafe
    --------------

RING RING! The echoing of the front cafe door bell rung as the wooden door tripped the bell string upon opening before closing again, and the cafe sign, reading Sky Line Cafe, swung in unison. A pair of students chuckled amongst themselves before waving across the room.

"Good Morning, Garen-sama!" The two girls called out as they looked into the direction of a young middle aged man dressed up in a uniform of white and black. The man glanced up and tried to smile.

"Good Morning, young ladies." Garen replied back. The two young ladies chuckled once more.

"Garen-sama is making funny faces again." They waved to Garen before taking an empty pair of seats near the front cafe window. Garen rubbed the back of his head and shook it. Another of his attempts to smile without being nervous had failed as he continued wiping the last of a set of crystal clear glass cups. Garen glanced over to the right corner of his shop to where his hostess, Ester, who was a Gardevoir species of pokemon, was working. As they met eyes, Gardevoir quickly disappeared only to appear where the two young ladies had sat. The two young ladies were familiar with Ester because they frequented the cafe, and began listing their orders. Upon finishing Ester nodded to them and made eye contact with Garen once more.

"Two iced coffee and a pair of blue berry muffins." Ester communicated. Garen started his work behind the counter as he quickly blended up two regular coffee chilled with coffee ice cubes to not water down the drinks, and added a straw to each of the orders. To finish it off, he took a pair of freshly cooked blueberry muffins from the oven in the back room and set each of them separate upon two small flat plates, which were set upon a clear glass tray, before placing the iced coffee with it's respective pairs. Garen rung the little bell upon his counter and a white and pink pokemon appeared from another room dashing in glee.

"Nue, Order's up for table 7." Garen said to the smiling Blissey. Ester was still busy attending to other customers so Nue took the tray happily and began her walk over towards the two girls. Garen's back felt a chill run down his spine before he looked over at Nue. The happy Blissey started to walk faster and before she knew it, her feet had crossed each other sending her into a diving leap as the tray within her hands danced into the air. As Nue plummeted face down onto the wooden flooring, Garen shouted loudly Ester's name. The elegant Ester, appeared via Teleport and caught the items with her Psychic attack before they could reach their intended targets, the two girls. The girls clapped at the entertainment before them as Ester bowed in apology and sat their orders onto the table. Terris, Garen's Dragonite who was a smaller size than her Dragonite counterparts, saw the incident and laughed as she entered through the back door while eating an Oran Berry. Ester shot Terris an annoyed glance before lecturing Nue, who was still smiling before pleading she was sorry. Garen sighed to himself as he listened to the outburst of laughs of his customers and the friendly quarrels of his pokemon.

"I need to hire some people for this..." Garen said to himself.

(OCC: I'm all out of ideas.... ZOMG. X.X )

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Just realised I typed her instead of here in the last sentence.., That's what I get for posting at 4am...

Tobias Conway
    Teacher Trainer
    Corridor, PUTA

Tobias' nervous smile relaxed into a natural one as both teachers began to talk.
    "Blackthorn, eh? I'm from Violet, but I haven't been there for a while. I found that it..." Tobias stopped talking as he almost uttered the words reminds me of too much; he didn't know Warren enough to start revealing so much about his past. "I find that there is just as much to offer in the other four regions, so I travelled."

"You were not a trainer? Interesting." Warren had said, and Tobias shook his head.
    "Oh, I did train hard, and I'd battle anyone who wanted it. I just didn't focus on the league, and put my Pokemon to other causes."

Suddenly, an idea struck Tobias. Warren was from Johto too, did he maybe visit the Ruins of Alph? Tobias' mind delved into the obsessions that had surrounded his childhood, and it took quite an effort to wrench himself from it. By the time he had, Warren had already spoken.

"I have a class waiting for me." The teacher said, and Tobias also thought of his students in the room behind him.

"Oh... yes of course," Tobias said in a cheery attempt to hide his disappointment. He made a mental note to ask about the Ruins another time. "I'll see you around."

Tobias raised a hand as if to wave at the teacher but thought better of it, leaving it hang awkwardly in the air. He fixed a smile on his face before pushing the door into his classroom.

"Right, now that we're all acquainted, hopefully someone can tell me the exact effect of the ability Blaze?" Tobias grinned at the class as he shut the door behind him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Lira Lyeodmar
    Student
    Room 207; Mr Conway's Classroom

"Not a problem, Mr Ainsworth. Lira, I presume?"

A broad smile from Mr Conway greeted Lira, and she nodded in return, feeling fortunate to have a teacher as he was.

"We were just discussing the importance of Type Advantage. Please, take a seat."

Lira had already done as he said. As Mr Ainsworth asked to speak with Mr Conway, the trainer teacher turned quickly to face his class.

"Er, yes of course you can sir. Class, feel free to get to know each other, I'll be back in a minute."

Lira didn't miss the flash of panic in his eyes before he followed Mr Ainsworth into the hall. That look left her curious, but she turned her eyes away from the now-closed door. As her eyes idly followed the activities of the other students around the room, she contemplated the character of her new teacher. Either he was modest, easily flustered and somewhat self-punishing, or Mr Ainsworth was someone to be scared of. The corner of her lips twisted upwards in a half-wry smile to herself as she dismissed that conclusion - perhaps Mr Ainsworth's countenance was disconcerting, but part of her felt certain that this was not who he truly was on the inside. If anything, she knew about personas, having so many herself. Well, it was most likely her first guess, then. Which seemed like good news to her - there were few things bad about a teacher with a personality like Mr Conway's. Just what she didn't want to see was some pompous teacher who strutted about thinking he knew it all. Neither Mr Conway nor Mr Ainsworth were such, and for that she was glad.

As she had been thinking, she suddenly noticed that she now bore inspection from the eyes of her fellow classmates. She did her best to return smiles when she saw them, and to meet gazes evenly and steadily regardless of whether they were friendly or cold. As Ashley hopped onto the corner of Mr Conway's desk and crossed her legs, Lira had to quickly avert her eyes to keep from staring. She was amazed by the fact that this girl was sitting on the teacher's desk. Just that single gesture from Ashley told Lira a multitude of things about her, the first and foremost being that they were very different people. She huffed out a sigh and glanced around the room, but there seemed to be none or few other girls that had the same sort of personality as herself. Well, at least Ashley was friendly. Being who she was, if someone was kind or friendly to her, then she could do nothing short of the same in return to them.

She was so deeply in thought that when Mr Conway returned, his voice startled her. "Right, now that we're all acquainted, hopefully someone can tell me the exact effect of the ability Blaze?" She sat up straighter and gazed upwards briefly as she thought. Hmm, Blaze. She remembered the numerous pokemon information books that she'd gone through during her time spent looking after her aunt's pokemon. She had a particular trait that drove her to do everything as well as she could - and she hated failing someone that was relying on her, so she'd done her best to research and become acquainted with pokemon so that she might become the best care-taker she could for her aunt's pokemon.

Still looking thoughtful, she raised her hand, and once Mr Conway had his attention to her, she would say, half-tentatively, "Doesn't it power up fire moves if a pokemon has taken enough hits?" She hoped she hadn't gotten it wrong - she always deliberated carefully before answering questions for her dislike of getting things wrong. She couldn't precisely remember what the book had said - she only knew it had something to do with powering up a fire pokemon's fire moves once it had taken a certain amount of damage.

SelenaStar

Years
  • Mr Conway didn't seem particularly comfortable around Mr Ainsworth...and to be honest, she didn't blame him, she thought as she sat at her desk waiting for the teacher to return. She looked around in her seat, but she wasn't really close enough to Lira or Len to be able to chat to them, so she just flashed them each a smile and was distracted by the boy in the seat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Jake from Fuschia City," he said with a smile "You're Ashley, where are you from? Did you catch that Gible yourself - that's an amazing starter pokemon...you two seem very close."

Ashley liked this guy already. "Hi Jake, I'm from Viridian City - fellow Kantonian!! No I didn't, my brother Ga-I mean, my brother caught him for me as a present for starting here." she smiled, "yeah...we haven't been together for long, but the time we've had together has been amazing, he's such a funny little character..." She stopped talking as Mr Conway walked back into the classroom.

She studied him closely...he seemed okay, a bit shaken but not nervous or upset or anything - his smile just didn't quite reach his eyes...he asked the class if they knew what the ability Blaze did - she didn't want to seem like a know it all in her first lesson, so she kept her hand down and Lira answered somewhat tentatively, even though she was absolutely correct. She thought of what abilities her own pokemon possessed - Wingull had Keen Eye - that was useful if anyone tried to lower his accuracy. Hitmonchan also had Keen Eye but also Iron Fist, which boosted the power of his punching moves - which was very useful. Gible...she wasn't quite sure what ability Gible had. Apart from being completely adorable obviously...it was something to do with being in a sandstorm, she remembered that much.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Tobias Conway
    Teacher Trainer
    PUTA, Room 207

Tobias looked around the room expectantly as his students contemplated his question. The tentative hand of the latecomer hung in the air, its owner apparently deep in thought as if she were ensuring that she was correct before answering.
    "Yes, Lira?"

"Doesn't it power up fire moves if a pokemon has taken enough hits?" The young girl replied, her Piplup chirruping happily beside her.

Tobias' face cracked into a huge grin. He really did love teaching.
    "Spot on. To be specific, the attack or special attack of a fire move will multiply by one and a half if the pokemon is below a third of its potential health." Tobias strode to the board and pulled out a chalk stick. He wrote down what he had just said in neat, cursive writing.

"Maybe you'll get to see it in action later in the year if you battle Alph here," Tobias' Charmeleon stood up at hearing its name, flicking its fiery tail. Tobias chuckled and patted his head affectionately, before returning to the blackboard.

"The grass and water counterparts of this ability are Torrent and Overgrow," Tobias continued, still writing on the board. "I suspect that Lira's Piplup has Torrent; it is common in rare, domestic water-types such as this."

Tobias checked his watch hastily. Amongst all the hubbub of the morning, he had lost track of time.
    "Well, I hope that managed to ease you into work here at the Academy. For homework, would you please list as many Pokemon as you can with the three abilities written on the board? There should be seventeen for each ability."

The bell went as he finished his sentence, and the class clambered to their feet as one. Tobias stood at the door and nodded politely as the students passed him, earning him a few smiles from some members of his class.
    He sighed happily and turned to his three Pokemon, who had waited patiently for the class to leave.
    "Well, that wasn't too bad, was it?"

SelenaStar

Years
  • Taking notes, Ashley smiled to herself. This class was actually...good! Admittedly she'd learnt a lot of this stuff under her grandfather...maybe there was something more advanced she could read to get ahead? It could only deepen her understanding of the class itself...

"Maybe you'll get to see it in action later this year if you battle Alph here," she heard and she looked up to see the Charmeleon looking around happily. That could be an interesting battle indeed...she'd like to see how her Wingull matched up to the fire pokemon. It wasn't as strong in terms of evolutionary stage or level...but with the type advantage she may just be able to win out. She found it strange that students would eventually battle their teachers...she had just assumed that the only student battles that would take place would be between students, and maybe between some junior teachers, not the actual teacher trainers themselves!

As she made a note of their homework in her diary, she found herself listing the pokemon in her head as she scribbled. Oddly she loved homework, she found studying really theraputic, being able to get her teeth into a project and really research pokemon. That was the only thing that got her through her apprenticeship with her Grandfather - the amount of studying she had to do under him was unreal, it wasn't all fieldwork as she had initially thought. For every hour of fieldwork she did she had 5 hours of preliminary research to go and then another 3 or 4 hours of follow-up study and reporting.

As the other students filed out of the classroom, Ashley hung behind. When the room was empty she walked over to Tobias. "Umm, Mr Conway...I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you have an advanced reading list I could have? I don't want to get ahead of myself in the first lesson...but I'm sure you're aware that I'm older than a lot of students here and I studied for many years under Gra- under Professor Oak. I'd really like something to supplement what I know, rather than going over old ground, so I can contribute better to classes."

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Tobias Conway
    Teacher Trainer
    PUTA, Room 207

Tobias began to absent-mindedly stack the papers on his desk, humming to himself slightly. He always thought teaching would be good for him, but who would've guessed he'd be good at it too? He pulled out a pen and began to scribble furiously as ideas for future lesson plans popped into his head.

Double battles... Battle items, flutes, held items...

"Umm...Mr Conway?"

Tobias flinched a little as he heard the sheepish voice of Ashley Oak from behind him. Regardless, he turned around and beamed at her.

"Ah, Ashley. What can I help you with?"

"I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you have an advanced reading list I could have?" Tobias cocked his head slightly as he did when he listened intently. An advanced reading list already?

"I don't want to get ahead of myself in the first lesson...but I'm sure you're aware that I'm older than a lot of students here and I studied for many years under Gra- under Professor Oak."
    Ah, of course. Tobias had managed to forget about Ashley's impressive family as she made a name for herself in his class. She didn't seem to have the air of someone who thought she was better than her classmates, just of someone with a thirst for knowledge and a keenness to prove themselves.

"I'd really like something to supplement what I know, rather than going over old ground, so I can contribute better to classes."

Tobias nodded, smiling slightly. "Yes, of course you can Ashley. But as you said, you must make sure you stay on top of things and don't get ahead of yourself. We don't want you stressing yourself out too much, although I've no doubt of your capabilities. I was very impressed by both your answers and your connection to your Pokemon today."

Tobias moved to the back of his desk and rummaged through the drawers.
    "Right... let's see... Ah, here."
    He emerged from the drawer holding a large, old textbook. The spine was damaged and the dust cover was ripped; all signs of a good read.

"Here we have my bread and butter of teaching really. I wasn't much for research into Pokemon training, but this was something I found incredibly useful. I suggest that you start off with Chapter six - Coleman's theory of Effort Values. A brilliant topic, and a must for anyone who aims to train their Pokemon to their full potential."

He handed the book over to Ashley. "If there is anything you're a little hazy on, there's no shame in asking for help. Or if you put yourself under too much pressure, I'll do all within my power to help there."

Tobias turned to his Dragonair, who was getting restless in the classroom. He stroked her with his index finger as he addressed Ashley again.
    "Thank you for coming to see me about this. I'm glad to see that you're comfortable enough to do so."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Adam Snyder
    Student
    PUTA, Hallway

Adam had just exited the class of Mr. Conway. It wasn't a completely bad class. It had seemed that Mr. Conway was nervous when he first entered, but it soon went away when he revealed that he wasn't a resident of Sinnoh. This fact had calmed down most of the people in the class.

When Mr. Conway returned to the classroom after being rudely interrupted by another Teacher he had gone over Blaze, Torrent, and Overgrow. These were the abilities that the Hoenn starters had and it was a no brainer for him. He used his Charmeleon as an example, which shocked him because he thought only the Hoenn starters had the three abilities. Mr. Conway proved him wrong however.

"Homework, interesting," He thought, making a mental note to buy some kind of bag. He couldn't take his backpack from home because it was starting to fall apart and he hadn't made the time to buy another one just yet. He made another mental note to himself to drop by the student store later in the afternoon.

Adam pulled his schedule from his pocket to check and to see where his next class was going to be. His next class was going to be with someone named Adeline Roux. He noted the name as strange and had never heard a name like that before.

"Probably foreign," Adam mentally noted. The name didn't sound like it was of Hoenn region decent. He gripped his laptop tightly in his left arm and using his right he played with Amy's Pokeball. He had decided to keep her in her Pokeball for now, which he felt a bit guilty over. She always like staying outside beside him and Adam always enjoyed the Beautifly's company.

"Time to get to class."

SelenaStar

Years
  • Ashley was a little taken aback by the compliment from Mr Conway. He...he was impressed with HER. For her relationship with her pokemon AND for her answers...she wasn't used to being complimented without this being supplemented by a question about her family...and even though she had caught herself from saying Grandfather, surely he had made the link between the Oak name and her family...that meant more to her than the compliment in a way.

"Yes...um, thank you Mr Conway..." she watched as he reached into his desk and pulled out a thick volume that looked very old. She was worried that if she touched it it would instantly fall to pieces before her very eyes...

"Here we have my bread and butter of teaching really. I wasn't much for research into Pokemon training, but this was something I found incredibly useful. I suggest that you start off with Chapter six - Coleman's theory of Effort Values. A brilliant topic, and a must for anyone who aims to train their Pokemon to their full potential." said Mr Conway, and Ashley took the book, placing her hand on the old front cover almost reverently. She wanted to crack it open and immerse herself in the contents immediately.

"Thank you so much Mr Conway..." she blushed slightly as he offered to help her if she felt under too much pressure and saying that he was happy she was comfortable enough to talk to him about this. "Yes...well, I was always studious...hence why I studied under the Professor for so long and put off my own journey...I must admit," she looked down at the floor, not sure how to phrase her next sentence "back home...back home I was always under pressure from my family and friends, I didn't feel like I could develop on my own...but I swear," she looked up at Mr Conway again, her eyes fierce, "I swear to you now, I will be the best student you've ever had. I will make a name and a path for myself in this world...and of course I'll credit you when I get there." she grinned sheepishly and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, "anyway...I need to get to my next class...but thank you again." She smiled and turned, leaving the classroom to head to her next class. She checked her timetable...Ms Adeline Roux...wow, what a brilliant name, so exotic. Looking up and down the hall, she took a deep breath and headed down the corridor.

Back