• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Vega Fairy Edition EX Minus V1.4 Balance updates and Skarmory evo....

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Hey everyone! same guy here that originally did the fairy type patch for vega minus i decided to make a better complete overall hack that updates some of Vega's visuals and stuff to look even more like Procyon and Deneb in some ways, i had this idea already in 2019 but was not ready to start working on it at that time but yeah without further ado i will let my screenshots and features speak for themselves😀

Features
Spoiler:

To do
Spoiler:

Screenshots
oogvZKN.png
tWgsbDg.png
qsvrlll.png
WGggMls.png

jZ3VMsJ.png
f5WLmov.png
bhIPa3d.png
azzzcxz.png

hFB7Vmw.png
EoDFUfq.png
zGnb8F5.png
iAo3uEu.png

WQK4xrh.png
tu8nEVB.gif
Qsr80lF.png
BqoJ18S.png

xnAHsEZ.gif
gY5TUAq.gif
sfK5NoV.png
SKDY8cI.png

fC2NiQ4.gif
ccJ2ulh.gif
V2lV5ST.gif
xP5l59c.png

I5UQSW6.png
i7Qq3vZ.png
NcRdvRR.png
axrq5C2.png

JeO6Qpb.png
N8iJZ9t.png
E4AmKwR.png
8bKrcWt.png

WeoyzOW.png
rcwaMBu.gif
Md0WUsX.png
NAsve6U.png

UcQWnNE.png
Dg1fYmQ.png
lYDrPtu.png
tbLHNzL.png

XEjrRg2.gif
Iv4t3hT.gif

:First gym puzzle solution:
Spoiler:

:Patch:
Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ov5pj0lkllpj81h/Pokemon+Vega+Fairy+Edition+EX+1.4.ups/file
:Rom:

Final Major bugfix and balance update Skarmory evo has been added......
Please patch to clean squirrel fire red rom... You have to use nups patcher and click ingore checksum...

:Credits:
.Sakurasou. Dr. Akimbo for he's lovely translation of vega and the original vega team and of course myself cause most new trainer sprites were made by me except for some pokemon sprites😀
BATTLE BACKGROUNDS AND SOME POKEMON SPRITES WERE DONE BY THE PROCYON TEAM NOT ME!

Permision slip
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Whoa... This is amazing! Is the Pokédex same as Procyon/Deneb? IIRC, Dr. Akimbo shared that it was possible to do the same Pokédex.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
There was a glitch that prevented the new Pokémon from evolving i fixed this and would suggest everyone who downloaded it already to update they're roms i don't how i missed this but i'm really really sorry for the inconvenienced caused...😅

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This looks phenomenal! What's the difficulty like on this version? I hope it's in par with Vega minus because the original Vega difficulty was painful.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah hope you did base this off Minus and not the original.

Will you plan on adding a lot of post-game pokemon into earlier routes even? That's what I always hated about Vega, so many old pokemon that have interesting new evolutions being locked till post-game.

Battle Trainer 1823

Glad to hear there's a remake of Vega here, game is one of the best in Fakémon and Region building out there :'3

Will some Pokémon from Gens 6-8 get added? Some of them could fit quite well into Vega (I headcanon that Frosmoth was inspired by Nymphfrost, they're quite similar, or Planite with Minior) xD

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Yeah hope you did base this off Minus and not the original.

Will you plan on adding a lot of post-game pokemon into earlier routes even? That's what I always hated about Vega, so many old pokemon that have interesting new evolutions being locked till post-game.

Some were already added in some in routes i was already implementing more post game pokemon and balance changes in to some routes and areas it will be in the next update which will be released next week.. and no it uses original game's difficulty sorry... i'm gonna make a extra patch very soon that uses minus's difficulty and level curve..

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Some were already added in some in routes i was already implementing more post game pokemon and balance changes in to some routes and areas it will be in the next update which will be released next week.. and no it uses original game's difficulty sorry... i'm gonna make a extra patch very soon that uses minus's difficulty and level curve..

Thank you for responding! I think a minus patch would really be helpful, cosndering how brutal the original Vega was. I did play the recent release, and i genuinely love how you've done the mapping so far. As much as I did enjoy the Tohak region, the extreme empahsis on snow made me not like the maps too much. This really feels like a much needed facelift to make it look more modernized.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Glad to hear there's a remake of Vega here, game is one of the best in Fakémon and Region building out there :'3

Will some Pokémon from Gens 6-8 get added? Some of them could fit quite well into Vega (I headcanon that Frosmoth was inspired by Nymphfrost, they're quite similar, or Planite with Minior) xD

Hmmm in regards to the gen 6-8 maybe? i'm gonna first add some more Pokémon from deneb and procyon👍

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Thank you! I always wanted someone to do this for Vega, the creator of Minus was a bit too stubborn to add any of them before post-game himself lol. Think I'll finally fully play through this game then once the patch comes out, sure as heck ain't playing the original difficulty.

Years
Had to copy and paste the font into a word doc just to read it. Most un-dyslexic friendly font I think I've ever seen.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Not to ruin the fun or anything, but you're using a fair bit of Procyon/Deneb assets. Did you have permission to use those?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Not to ruin the fun or anything, but you're using a fair bit of Procyon/Deneb assets. Did you have permission to use those?
Yes in fact i did ask one of the team members they said since it was for a vega type hack it would be fine😊
and yeah the point was to make it look more like procyon and deneb....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 20, 2023
Hi,

I love the rom so far.

I encountered a bug in the DH building, where I can't move to the third floor nor to the first (this only happens in the second floor, both stairs)

dtsmkFS

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Hi,

I love the rom so far.

I encountered a bug in the DH building, where I can't move to the third floor nor to the first (this only happens in the second floor, both stairs)

dtsmkFS

I will fix this and will release the next version a bit earlier then planned cause quite a few balance stuff and glitches were already fixed as well...
and then i will release the vega minus version soon after....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Hi,

I love the rom so far.

dtsmkFS

BTW thanks so much for reporting keep reporting if u find any bugs thank u

Back