• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Wild Mihu (Updated July 2023)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
--------------------------------
YmDDeRD.png
--------------------------------
About this game:

Welcome to the Mihu region! Pokemon Wild Mihu seeks to expand on the traditional Pokemon formula with new gameplay mechanics, ideas and immersion world building. Built with RPG Maker XP. Game is made via V19.1 Essentials. Completely free to play.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qx7Uwx0yFWQVt9WbVfCQKQxvali-43f3/view?usp=sharing V1.15

Unique + Game Features:
  • All Pokemon are Overworld Pokemon! Even water Pokemon. (like let's go style games but without the spawn in and out, they are persistent)
  • Overworld Pokemon react to the player. Some Pokemon are passive, others will flee from you and some are aggressive and will initiate battle on contact!
  • Pokemon Trainer Ranking system. You start (currently) at rank 100 and will compete in official tournaments to gain ranks towards world #1! (think real life Tennis ranking process and format)
  • Gyms in Mihu are purists, they only will allow trainers to compete with the same type of Pokemon as the Gym and the same amount of Pokemon. I.e Grass vs Grass only. (This is a gym challenge about proving you are the best trainer of each type and not just rocking up to the Grass gym with 6 fire Pokemon and battling two Grass types)
  • No more forced trainer battles! All trainers in the Mihu region are kind enough to offer but not force you to battle (so polite right?)
  • Side quests, mini games and professions have been added to mix up gameplay
  • Become a Mihi World Wrestling Champion! Side storyline where you enter a WWE style of gameplay.
  • You will capture type specific Pokemon research notes after every wild battle and be able exchange them for various rewards.
  • Not much is known yet about the evil teams of the Mihu region, but they have been seen tampering and armouring existing Pokemon to make them stronger and use against people for their own means. (not fakemon exactly but think armoured mewtwo type changes for existing Pokemon on the extreme end and minor tweaks on the other end)
  • Moving forward I will introduce fakemon but only where required (Mihu region legendary pokemon for example)
  • Pokemon card collection! Your trainer has a pokemon folder as a new bag and as a collectible game can seek to collect Pokemon cards.
  • Game starts off with a Pokemon trial for trainers to be allowed entry into the Mihu region. Player gets two starters from a selection of 8. The player must win the trial vs the other trainers out in the wild with wild Pokemon battles also.
  • Using XY style animated sprites (from the Smogon project and various locations)
  • Mike is your assistant, he sits and watches at base command to let you know about dangers, provide information, provide utility Pokemon (no HM's required in Mihu) and other various things.
  • Following Pokemon EX, Elite Battle DX
  • Towns and environments have NPC's with more purpose to make it feel more lived in. For example in my first town there is a car driving, many NPC's are walking around and going places vs all being static.
  • Pokemon cries are the anime sounds vs the game ones
  • And more!

Video Gameplay:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Story:
Few had ever seen the legendary Pokemon of the Mihu region, but they have not been sighted in over three decades. Professor Rose, has taken it upon herself to research and locate the missing Pokemon and unravel the mystery of their disappearance. The Mihu region is expansive, with an abundance of Pokemon. The people of the region have carefully controlled Pokemon trainer numbers over many years to allow the region to flourish in this way, and remain truly wild.

But there are those who disagree with this mentality. Compounded by growing technological advancements from malevolent sources, a divide between those who create a common bond with Pokemon, to live and battle together versus those who would seek to exploit and use Pokemon for their own gains and needs has arisen in recent times. The Gym leaders with the aid of official Pokemon trainers have been tasked with uprooting this division and bringing stability back to Mihu.

Current status of Development:
Around 5 hours of gameplay. You will compete in the trials event to gain access to the region, two large towns with gyms and repeatable varied Pokemon tournaments, first battle of my custom wrestling side storyline, Tauros capture minigame, various large maps, various quests including breeding storyline beginning, thief storyline beginning, uncover the mystery of the mansion event. Custom player characters and NPC's and some modified existing Pokemon sprites for the evil team.

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hi there, Pokemon Wild! Welcome to the Forum, I guess? =)

3 questions:

1) Since there's a demo, shouldn't the category be "released" instead of "developing"?

2) Do you plan to put an option for the size of the screen (s)? I'll put an image here to ilustrate what I'm saying: I can't see the bottom of the lower screen, and that can be really troublesome in the game.

3) Do you plan to put a "speed up" option / button?

The game's looking good! Gonna play some more.

EDIT: forgot the image

https://ibb.co/Gxk6D1M

Gxk6D1M

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Thanks Gabs,

I have updated to released now I thought that meant full game is available my bad.

Out of interest what monitor size do you run and resolution? My laptop runs it without any clipping.

I am not sure if speed up will be stable but keen to explore it more and get back to you. Running shoes are enabled from the get go and a mount soon follows quickly FYI.

Super keen for any gameplay and or feedback generally :) thanks for checking it out

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Yo

I use 1366 x 768, it says it's the "recomendable" for the computer (an ASUS laptop) I'm using.

About the speed up: if you can at least program a button to speed up or skip the dialogues it would be already enough - like say you saved right before a tough battle, but you don't wanna hear the villain explain their whole plan again and again hahaha

About THE GAME: dude, I'm really liking it. The Overworld Pokemon is great (loved the grimer encounter hahaha) (loved the beedril one as well).

So far it's been the right amount of challeging.

"No more forced trainer battles! All trainers in the Mihu region are kind enough to offer but not force you to battle (so polite right?)" - this is great.

" Gyms in Mihu are purists, they only will allow trainers to compete with the same type of Pokemon as the Gym and the same amount of Pokemon. I.e Grass vs Grass only. (This is a gym challenge about proving you are the best trainer of each type and not just rocking up to the Grass gym with 6 fire Pokemon and battling two Grass types) " - this is the one thing I feel a little conflicted. Cause I think "being the best at grass type" also involves knowing all grass types, double types and all. Naturally if you know a type you know their weaknessess and prepare for it. Of course people are gonna try to use grass/bug to use the bug attacks (or flying, or ice, or poison) but that's also to be expected from the gym leader.

But anyway I think it'll be a fun challenge. Been thinking of using Skiddo and Carnivine, Let's see how it goes =)

Gonna play some more and get back to ya.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Ah kk will cross check my laptop tomorrow and see generally if i can have some scaling settings in options I have not dabbled there yet. (Temp workaround for you in interim may be to hide your taskbar to show only on mouseover or adjust resolution up or down, also check scaling settings there)

I think there are some speed up scripts i will test and come back here for an update of possible, what you say makes sense!

Glad your enjoying so far and figured out beedrill :D thanks for the feedback.
I'm also divided on the gym front and will continue to review flexibility options there.

Best of luck in the Grass Gym! Let me know

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Haven't downloaded the game yet but reading the features, it looks cool! Just 2 things: 1st, I don't really like having to use the same type as the Gym's type to increase difficulty, I would suggest doing the same as Pokémon Uranium where most gyms are a themed type gym or 2 typed gym. And 2nd, dual screen? Like the DS games? Would it auto adjust the screen size to fit in the screen monitor size? Since my monitor is a square and hopefully I can see the bottom or top screen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
@16gabs
After review: Screen resolution is currently set to x1. Can do 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2. Anything in-between causes issues with the sprites and resolution, you need like a 0.9 your not far off displaying full screen. if you can go up by one resolution on your display settings, or reduce the desktop scaling to be lower (Right click desktop background > display settings > scaling %100 or lower).

working on some other settings that exist in V18 of essentials, such as sound sliders and run shoes toggles. Will keep the screen size in mind but will need to Q/A the community for options.

@Aquaninja99
Hi there, it should run okay for you, if resolution of your monitor is at least Valuex800 resolution. Please try it and let me know how it fits!
Regarding Gyms you will actually also find that they are not mandatory and can be skipped altogether. There is a ranking and tournament system which is more free for all typical style that you compete to become rank #1 (like a Pokemon League not tied to gym badges) so think of it as a separate challenge route vs forced gym content. If I expand on the types available they likely become a steamroll and too easy. Keen to gather additional feedback on this once you have had a go! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Update:
New download link.

Contains new options for the game.
Can control volume of music and sound effects.
Can adjust screen resolution to half, normal and full screen. (although full will likely be too big for everyone)

Fixed an potential issue where you could not interact with vendors in Kogarah Mall.

@gabs16 please try the half screen and if too small , use the magnifier application in windows and see how that goes :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 15, 2021
After pressing start an error occurred:

"Script 'Scene_Intro' line 87: NameError occurred. uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PokemonLoad"

How do I fix it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
YO
I defeated the Kadabra. Is the demo over?
If yes: there should be a "you finished the demo" message somewhere ^^

About the game:
Even tho what I like most about fan games are the fakemons and I don't play a lot of fan games that only have cannonical pokes... I really liked this one.

I think however that the difficulty rose a litte bit much on the final part of the demo: in order to raise your level to face the Kadabra there wasn't much pokes or trainers of high enough level to raise my own pokes.
I challenged the league many times - even tried to use only 1 poke to level it faster.

Only thing I'm missing to do, I think, is defeat the old guy's Houndoom.

(By the way, I did not download the new version, played with missing information from the bottom screen - hope that's fixed)

Also, before I forget, the modified Wartortle design was awesome.

Take care! Looking forward!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
YO
I defeated the Kadabra. Is the demo over?
If yes: there should be a "you finished the demo" message somewhere ^^

About the game:
Even tho what I like most about fan games are the fakemons and I don't play a lot of fan games that only have cannonical pokes... I really liked this one.

I think however that the difficulty rose a litte bit much on the final part of the demo: in order to raise your level to face the Kadabra there wasn't much pokes or trainers of high enough level to raise my own pokes.
I challenged the league many times - even tried to use only 1 poke to level it faster.

Only thing I'm missing to do, I think, is defeat the old guy's Houndoom.

(By the way, I did not download the new version, played with missing information from the bottom screen - hope that's fixed)

Also, before I forget, the modified Wartortle design was awesome.

Take care! Looking forward!

Awesome man thank you for the feedback! will take this onboard. You have indeed completed the demo, did you do the little WWE fight vs manky from the fighting building in town?

Yes the league was a method to infinite allow training vs trainers also. Its always hard to balance difficulty, sometimes having the right poke or using an item or two can overcome them also.

Can you confirm specifically the missing information, you mean the screen resolution not displaying fully for you right? options for this now included if that is the case, in latest link.
yeah that houndoom is for fun :D

Looking forward to bringing you updates from here!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
"did you do the little WWE fight vs manky from the fighting building in town?"

Yep! I did the WWE thingy.
At first I thought I would be allowed to use any fighting poke, so I caught 1 Meditite hahahaha already thinking in the psychic powers.

"Can you confirm specifically the missing information, you mean the screen resolution not displaying fully for you right?"
Yes, as I've said I didn't play the newest version.

yeah that houndoom is for fun :D

Also defeated it ^^

Take care! Peace =)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Considering I technically get two starters, are there nature changing mints in the game or are they at least planned in a future release? Because it'll be a pain to try to get good natures for both my standard go-to Bulbasaur and then a good nature for the ralts/tailow/sandile/tyrogue.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Considering I technically get two starters, are there nature changing mints in the game or are they at least planned in a future release? Because it'll be a pain to try to get good natures for both my standard go-to Bulbasaur and then a good nature for the ralts/tailow/sandile/tyrogue.

Good note I will add them in :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Good note I will add them in :)

Thanks for keeping that in mind, I really appreciate it. It can be hard enough getting good IVs and a good nature for the starters even in a standard pokemon game/fangame, getting two starters at the same time complicates matters a smidge. At least I can go on with my game without issue as with this information I can fix a bad nature when the next release comes along, thank you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hey all.

I have decided to take the hard road of upgrading the game to V19. This will be a long road as it requires me to essentially start over, all my scripts and images, event not being compatible. However for the long run it will be best! hopefully can start posting progress again before too long, thanks.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I dont mind that at all given what you said. I would just try to streamline the start in some way. I love the idea of having two starters, but the issue of the natures is a roadblock for me personally so either giving the starters fixed natures or allowing the nature mints (or a similar mechanic) close to the beginning would be ideal. Likewise making sure all pokemon movepools are updated would be smart.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
so i've just completed the Trial and started chapter two. there was something very engaging about this even in the trial. at first i started one way...then realized that my original idea wasn't possible. as odd as this might sound...this isn't a fan game to play like a normal pokemon game. this took me thinking and planning a little, which was refreshing. i am thoroughly enjoying it. while i'm a tad disappointed that your rebuilding it from scratch, at the same time i'm super excited for it because surely it could only get better.

Back