• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon: Wisteria

What should I call this hack?

• Pokemon Wisteria

Votes: 93 53.4%
  • Pokemon Mauve

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • Pokemon Floral

Votes: 33 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, the beta looked good (got to the first gym, not far, but already 2 things to report) One is an item in a tree (but you said Map Positions aren't done, right? If that counts...)

Another is a small script thing... Before the battle with the Rival, but after getting your Pokemon, talking to Li makes him... Well, I'll show you:

2j66bgg.png

Instead of Li's name, the Rival's name pops up.

Years
  • Have you tried the BETA? I'm such an impatient bastard, I can't wait for the first review haha.

EDIT: Tried your tileset idea and this is what came out:

5981669911cd8e5342668f0e7cf98c5caad5bd6.png

Yup, just played it :)

Being honest, here... It's quite similar to he original Red, though. I mean, for one thing, most (if not all) of the events are the same as Red's.
    There are also a few things worth noting, again see the attachments.
    1. Minor text flow error.
    2. Not an error, but since you've edited all the front sprites of Pokemon, I think you should use the backsprites from Gold or something, as they're less pixelated and look plain better.

I think you should try to re-work he story, so the Player has a reason to go to the Mart for Li's parcel, and perhaps include a bit more dialogue regarding what the Player challenging the Gyms. This leads me to point 3:
    I got to that city with the first Gym, ran into the Gym using the space bar (i. 7,000,000,000x speed), so I accidentally triggered a trainer battle. I fainted, and was sent back to the edited Pallet town, evidently where Red's front door used to be. This is where I stopped.
    All in all, it could use a little bit more work, but it's just a beta, early days. I'm sure it'll improve in future, as you've got the right idea ;)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • UPDATE:

Beta 1.1 available to download. Fixes glitches reported so far. Please redownload and patch to a clean Red ROM. (Note: Regarding the plotline for the parcel, I wanted to completely remove the script or change it but I lack the ASM knowledge to do so, it will stay for now).

Years
  • Huh, when I posted that second time I completely missed Banjora's post, as well as the edit to yours.
    Anyway, I for one like that tileset change :D
    also, I'd imagine, in time, you'll learn more about ASM, so I've no doubt you'll improve :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I'll try the beta and put up some comment soon when I finish it :)

EDIT:
    I finished it, almost.
    The game was okay overall but the first gym is too hard, at least with Charmander which I managed to pick.
    Also, I know that editing the text for people that have no purpose in the game feels boring but it would make the hack better ;)

Last edited:

~Red

Years
  • I'll try the beta and put up some comment soon when I finish it :)

EDIT:
    I finished it, almost.
    The game was okay overall but the first gym is too hard, at least with Charmander which I managed to pick.
    Also, I know that editing the text for people that have no purpose in the game feels boring but it would make the hack better ;)

I've tried to edit most of the text. Including random people.

~Red

Years
  • UPDATE: Mapped Wuste 3 and finished the warps to one of the gatehouses. Expect Beta 2.0 sometime soon :)

~Red

Years
  • Version 2.0 released! I'm also going to apply for the showcase. Check first post in a few!

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I actually enjoyed the hack. The problem was that you got Blizzard before the second gym and you could get rid of Gloom and Vileplume,and train easily on pokemon in the mansion.The pokemon in the first grass are a lot too tough,i mean i have a lv.5 Squirtle and there are level 9 Nidoran M there.
    PS: I thought Red hacks aren't good,but i changed my mind when i played Wisteria. I enjoyed the game more than GBA hacks. Good luck!

~Red

Years
  • I actually enjoyed the hack. The problem was that you got Blizzard before the second gym and you could get rid of Gloom and Vileplume,and train easily on pokemon in the mansion.The pokemon in the first grass are a lot too tough,i mean i have a lv.5 Squirtle and there are level 9 Nidoran M there.
    PS: I thought Red hacks aren't good,but i changed my mind when i played Wisteria. I enjoyed the game more than GBA hacks. Good luck!

Where did you find Blizzard?

~Red

Years
  • Version 2.1 Released -
    ---Toned down encounter levels
    ---Added SHOES to Mart in Brunette

~Red

Years
  • Beta 2.2 -
    ---Fixed Growl attack somewhat
    ---Fixed Cinnabar Mart
    ---Changed SHOES text
    ---SHOES no longer has strange spacing

Andrut

Years
  • Where did you find Blizzard?
    In that Mansion near second gym,i think it was a Poke Ball in the wall.
    BTW, The patch 2.2 doesn't work(?) i have patched it to every possible Red ROM and the patch didn't do anything. O.o The previous beta worked.

~Red

Years
  • In that Mansion near second gym,i think it was a Poke Ball in the wall.
    BTW, The patch 2.2 doesn't work(?) i have patched it to every possible Red ROM and the patch didn't do anything. O.o The previous beta worked.

OMG Rookie error! I'll reupload 2.2 to first post.

Andrut

Years
  • There are two problems: You may buy a (Something)badge and ?????? in the first shop. When i use the ????? the poxedex shows up,and when i use it in battle it comes up with this:
    b5nngl.jpg

There is also a swimmer in Brunette which swims to you crossing the bridge, and he has pokemon at levels 30+:
    30dfqsi.jpg
    o93i55.jpg

@down:
    The first one seems pretty fun to use.
    xD

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    There are two problems: You may buy a (Something)badge and ?????? in the first shop. When i use the ????? the poxedex shows up,and when i use it in battle it comes up with this:
    b5nngl.jpg

There is also a swimmer in Brunette which swims to you crossing the bridge, and he has pokemon at levels 30+:
    30dfqsi.jpg
    o93i55.jpg

The second error is easy to fix, as you just have to change the tiles needed to move. The first one seems pretty fun to use.

So, you edit the events in HEX? Or is it by using RedMap?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back