• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
    Anyone here own/played Pokemon XD? How did you think of the game? Who did you end up evolving your Eevee? Did you beat the game? Did you beat Mt. Battle? If so what starter did you pick?

I thought it was cool when I first played it. I bought the Pokemon XD pack that included a GameCube and the game as well, just to play it. I then had to wait for like a month, since it was my Christmas present. I didn't play Pokemon Colosseum before so I was fairly new to capturing shadow Pokemon. I evolved my Eevee into Espeon. I did beat the game but I don't have all the shadow Pokemon. I also beat Mt. Battle, but I brought my level 100's from Emerald to beat it and I picked Chikorita.

Plus Miror B. rules!!!

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Pokemon XD is simply an amazing game. I think the story is pretty bad as well as the music too when compared to colosseum in BOTH repects, you get some AMAZING shadow pokemon from the game.

Togepi
    Elekid with ALL 3 elemental punches
    Lugia
    3 legendary birds
    Salamence with dragon dance
    Heck even the exclusive move tutor(Snorlax with selfdestruct anyone??)

and much much more.

Though it's pretty difficult to catch some pokes while people have like 2-3 in their party, Miror B. saves the day by stealing those guys and you can get them again. I'm actually planning on playing through this game again to get some more awesome pokes =)

Oh, i also chose jolteon because i wanted a good electric type for my team =)

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    Im in the process of beating XD.

I cose to evolve my Eevee into Vaporeon because, well water is awesome..

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    I chose to evolve my Eevee into an Umbreon since it can take a lot of attacks. :) Unfortunately, I'm not too fond of the character designs. They're outright silly and a step down from Colosseum's darker and serious ones.

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    I loved XD! I've actually been having the urge to play it again lately. Haha. I evolved my Eevee into a Vaporeon. I've always wanted one. =3

Unfortunately, I'm not too fond of the character designs. They're outright silly and a step down from Colosseum's darker and serious ones.

Agreed. That's the only thing that bugged me. The overall plot in XD was darker than Colosseum, but Colosseum was a "darker" game in general. The characters, and even the music made it more intimidating than anything in XD.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I love XD, and though some of the character designs are silly (Wes > Michael), it's still an awesome game. The music, although some of it was meh-ish, was amazing. As proof, I offer Miror B.'s theme. That is all.

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
    I love XD, and though some of the character designs are silly (Wes > Michael), it's still an awesome game. The music, although some of it was meh-ish, was amazing. As proof, I offer Miror B.'s theme. That is all.

My favourite part of the game was battling Miror B. I always danced to his theme with his Ludicolo's. Now I got Miror B.'s Theme stuck in my head!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I love this game! I managed to catch all the shadow Pokemon as I went through the game. I only had to catch those few from Miror B., then the Dragonite. Game was great, good music, everything.

Years
    I pick this game back up a few days ago, and devoted a couple days to finish it. Now I'm going to purify some more pokemon so I can put them on a GBA game then my SoulSilver as well :D

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    It's been years since i have played it so i really forgot who my starter was i think it was Eevee.And i don't think i beat it think i got half way and stoped playing cause i got stuck or i sold my Gamecube.But it was the best Pokemon game imo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    I evolved Eevee to Umbreon. Great game, too...especially SL (Shadow Lugia) =D

Beat it years ago.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I picked up a copy not too long ago mainly for the nostalgia. But... I am a little disappointed in how some things are translated. Like... it will never say I really. Jovi will be talking, and it says something like, " Jovi is sorry that Jovi made you mad." I don't think that it was just her. I purified a TON of pokemon in just a matter of three days. Imo, the game moves a little too slow. Not necessarily the plot progressing, but the actual movement. Plus, those areas where you knew exactly what to do, but you had to battle every pointless person anyway really ticked me off.

Years
    OH XD~ HOW I LOVE YOU SO.
    By far my favorite of the Pokemon games- *awaits bricks*
    Team:
    Espeon, Houndoom, Flygon, Walrein, Ampharos, and Pidgeot
    ...Yeah, I picked Espy~
    Only parts of the game I disliked:
    1. THIRD....PERSON....WHY.
    2. There were absolutely NO Colosseum references unless you went up and ASKED people....like the random scientist in the lab...and she told you pretty much nothing....it was rather disappointing to hear no one mention Wes and Rui....

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i wanna play it soooooo badly i loved colosseum i found it unique take on the pokemon world lol, i hope ill get the chance soon ^_^

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't have it yet but I want it, mainly because of Colosseum. I think this is is one of the few Pokemon games to actually have a decent plot AND a sequel too.
    I got Colosseum for the Johto starters and Ho-Oh (this was about a year before HGSS by the way) and in a lot of places I had to force myself to keep playing, knowing if I stop I wouldn't want to play it again but overall it was a great game.
    I absolutely hate my team though. Typhlosion, Umbreon, Espeon and Ampharos I quite like but the other two, Metagross and Hitmontop seem to drag it down :(
    WHY IS TRIPLE KICK THE ONLY FIGHTING MOVE HITMONTOP LEARNS WITHOUT TMS?!! DX

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    I love XD! And Shadow Lugia looks AWESOME!!

I wonder if Nintendo will bring this to the 4th/5th Gen. I'd love to see XD002, Shadow Dialga!

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I never beat it ... and I really want to. But I remember evolving Eevee into Espeon. I got a few good Shadow Pokemon, and I always wanted Lugia ... I'm going to play it again along with a walk through to be sexy.

UnderwoodLynch

Procrastinator
    Years
    Used to have this game, loved it to death. It's expensive pre-owned so tracking it down again would be difficult.

Picked Espeon as my starter as I needed a strong psychic type on Diamond and figured it'd be a good way to level one (in addition to playing the game itself, of course) and said Espeon is now in my Diamond team as the lead!

In terms of story I liked XD as a sequel to Colosseum. Makes me wish they'd make another game like it.

Back