• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Oh, what am I saying? :( Sorry. I forgot a few. You can trade for four Pokemon, there are three different wild Pokemon at each Pokespot, and your starter counts as one, so that puts the total to 97, excluding evolving. I know that's not as many as one would like, but keep in mind, you can trade some over after you complete the main story. There's still stuff to do after you beat the game, such as Mt. Battle, the Lucky Egg quest, Orre Colosseum, etc.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Oh, what am I saying? :( Sorry. I forgot a few. You can trade for four Pokemon, there are three different wild Pokemon at each Pokespot, and your starter counts as one, so that puts the total to 97, excluding evolving. I know that's not as many as one would like, but keep in mind, you can trade some over after you complete the main story. There's still stuff to do after you beat the game, such as Mt. Battle, the Lucky Egg quest, Orre Colosseum, etc.

Hey the number is better then colosseums 48(50 including starters espeon/umbreon) (53 including jirachi[bonus disc], ho-oh[mt. battle challenge mode], and the AGATE celebi which i think is exclusive to japan not sure on this though....) and some of the pokes have exclusive moves to the game which you cant get anywhere else, like morning sun tangela =)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    This game is definitely the best pokemon game ever made.

1. The graphics are amazing. I loved using a move on anything and just being blown away at how it looks

2. RPG in 3D hasn't happened in Pokemon so seeing it in action was awesome

3. The music was really REALLY good. I love it so much I have it on my ipod hahaha

4. The plot along with the Shadow Pokemon concept was great. I loved the shadow moves and the process for purifying and being able to catch really rare and powerful pokemon with good movesets.

I wish they would of kept this going it is definitely the best pokemon game ever created (or one of the best at least)

Years
  • Only like two things about it:

#1: The Pokemon available. Namely: Pokespot Surskit, Lugia, Moltres, Dragonite, Rapidash, Beedrill, Pokespot Aron, Duking Larvitar, Togepi, and Zapdos.

#2: Stuffing that Purify Chamber with Hoppip makes purifying Shadow Pokemon a 'Pokemon Snap'! Considering how relatively common Hoppip are, an inconvenience it is not. Especially considering the price of regular Poke Ball.

Other than my two likes, this Pokemon XD is a Fail of Darkness. Being unable to turn animation off annoys me. The music disgusts me enough to use my own music. And some of the Faint animations are dumb in my opinion. Still, regardless of the game quality, I find myself working on my game save a few times a month.

My Eevee usually gets evolved to an Espeon or Flareon (physical mix)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    If I have a Wii, how does this game compare with Battle Revolution?

battle revoltuion is just stadium battles. Xd has a whole adventure mode where you can catch pokemon. It's just like a typical DS/Game boy game but in 3D it's amazing in music, graphics, and plot. It's literally perfect in every way. You should definitely buy it.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I use to play XD everyday when i got home from skool.. . Now, its been chilling in my drawer along with my other gcn games forever! First time playing the game I started with Eevee of course then evolve it with the thunderstone so it could be a Jolteon. My Jolteon was a beast! lol Anyway, to be honest I thought the game music was lame, but the battles, trainers, bosses, catching pkmn were really kool. I still give the game thumbs up and suggest other players to get XD if they still don't have it yet. ;D

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness is honestly one of the most underrated games I've ever played. I hear it get bashed a lot and don't understand why. It's got a great story, great visuals, (*cough*Shadow Lugia*cough*) and a great soundtrack. Dunno why it was disliked by so many. It was a good step in the right direction for the Pokemon Console games, gives something more then just endless battles with no plot.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • I got it for Christmas a LONG time ago, I liked it at first and got far into the game....then it somehow got erased, and when I replayed I -hated- it because the characters annoyed me so much (especially Jovi >__>). D:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I really liked XD, as well as Colosseum, but they're really expensive now so I can't play them again.

Years
  • That was an awesome game. I haven't played in a long time though. I ended up evolving my Eevee into a Flareon. Shadow Lugia was pretty awesome.

G Deoxys

Beginner Rom Hacker
    Years
  • It was a pretty good game, although I haven't played in a long time though. the first time i went
    though the game i ended up evolving my Eevee into a Espeon. Mirror B was pretty funny lol

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Am I the only here who got Jolteon, well me, jolty, ursaring, and Lapras beasted that game, and I don't get why people say the plot sucks, its one of like 4 games WITH an actual plot, not catch and beat the evil team.

Years
  • Sadly, only ever played XD on an emulator. But you know what amuses me? The name of the game. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
    And if you shorten it, it's Pokemon GoD, which is fitting, because this is such a godly game.

I can't believe Genius Sonority won't make a similar game again.

Here are reason's why this game is awesome.

• For the most part, you are not limited by a regional dex.
    • Orre was an awesome region that really set itself apart from the others.
    • Cipher is probably my favorite evil team,, they were actually threatening. Team Snagem isn't so bad themselves.
    • Miror B.
    • It's cool that many of the Pokemon can get moves exclusive to this game. I believe this is still the only way to get a Snorlax and Mewtwo with self-destruct without hacking.
    • The Mighty Zook.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I believe this is still the only way to get a Snorlax and Mewtwo with self-destruct without hacking.
    I knew about the Snorlax but Mewtwo? lmao

I went through the game with Espeon the first run, then Jolteon the second time through. AND I CAN'T STAND THEIR THIRD PERSON TALKING. >(

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    yes i still have it XD
    I evolved the eevee into jolteon,
    it was a really good game, what i like the most is that the evil team was actually evil, at least en pokemon standars ajajajaj
    Yes i finish the game and the battle tower and picked totodile.

Back