• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Yellow Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There is a lot of talk and speculation about a Ruby/Saphire remake but how awesome would a yellow remake be? Having Pikachu follow you round and rediscovering the Kanto region!

Maybe not in the current gen but for 6th gen, this would be great!

We've had remakes of the 'pairs' but never of the third edition game!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    i guess that would be cool.
    Havent played Pokemon Yellow in a while.....
    I wasn't even born when Yellow came out....
    But Ive still played it, along with every other main Pokemon game.
    i doubt that there will be one, But it would be cool.....

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    just play hgss and have a pikachu follow you. plus you explore kanto+johto and 493 pokes follow you too. just no 5th gen i guess

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    A yellow remake more than likely not happen because of hg/ss alreasy bein out so dont get your hopes up

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • There is a lot of talk and speculation about a Ruby/Saphire remake but how awesome would a yellow remake be? Having Pikachu follow you round and rediscovering the Kanto region!

Maybe not in the current gen but for 6th gen, this would be great!

We've had remakes of the 'pairs' but never of the third edition game!

I hardly think so.

However, I've seen a plenty of people trying to make a remake Yellow hack with FRLG/RSE ROMs, though from what I know nobody ever figured how to make a Pokémon follow you. I think it should be possible with HGSS since the follow-me script is already there, so maybe someone will do it someday (I hope so).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I doubt it personally, and don't think any remake of RBY (or FRLG) if that ever happens would be as soon as gen 6.

Yellow after all is basically RB, bar a few fixed glitches and very minor additions. Instead of choosing a starter Pokemon you get Pikachu like it or not, only it follows you, and you get all the other starters. And Jessie and James are added in. These are additions only done as Yellow was made to ride the wave of popularity the anime had. These days Game Freak stay away from that (case in point - Sevii Islands in FRLG made by them, rather than using the anime's Orange Islands).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There should never be a remake of a game that already revamped its region after the original games. End of story.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    i think they will make a game that has something to do with Kanto. Kanto has been in every generation except Gen 5. This (to me) seems like Kanto will be in a gen 5 game. This could be:
    FR/LG Remake (Fire Red DS/Leaf Green DS)
    A game where you go to Kanto after the elite 4 (Like G/S/C/HG/SS)

If any are made, i would sure buy it.
    Also, i think there will be a new main series game this year. Well, in Japan anyway. It could be:
    Either of the above
    R/S Remakes
    Pokemon Gray/Grey

I wish there would be a Yellow remake, But its highly unlikely since Game Freak have already gone on to Gen 2
    Pokemon Yellow Remake....We can dream

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I would support a FR/LG remake come 6th gen. But Yellow? No. I don't want a game where I'm stuck using one of the franchise's weakest and most disgusting-looking Pokemon. I hated Yellow in its original form, and I wouldn't like a remake of it any better.

If we're going to remake Kanto again, let's just stick with R/B/FR/LG.

And the thought of my cute Leaf being stuck with that parasitic rodent causes a little part of me to die inside...

Years
  • First of all, Yellow is in Kanto, and we have had Kanto revamped in FR/LG and HG/SS.

Second of all, in HGSS, pokemon can walk with you. Just get a pikachu, and then let it walk with you in Kanto, and then there ya go.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • First of all, Yellow is in Kanto, and we have had Kanto revamped in FR/LG and HG/SS.

Second of all, in HGSS, pokemon can walk with you. Just get a pikachu, and then let it walk with you in Kanto, and then there ya go.

lmfao! Yes. This is the best answer.

And I just wanna add that since Red and Blue (or more technically, Green) have been remade, why remake Yellow, the third game? It essentially revamped (not remade, but just revamped as in touched up) RB, so why remake a revamp? Either remake the two games that come first, or just the third game. I think HGSS had it right in that it remade GS, but added in elements from Crystal. So in a small sense, it was a full GSC remake. But it's too late for Yellow, I think. Just put the thought of a Yellow remake to bed, honestly.

Lara

<3
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Nothing splendid about that, really. Having to re-explore Kanto again with a Pikachu following you isn't something I would like. We have HG/SS, that is more than enough. I'd preferred if they re-made Yellow when with FireRed and LeafGreen. Now, a RBE remake would be indeed great.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would be fun but it'd be just like walking around Kanto in HG/SS plus we've seen Kanto four times and Hoenn one and in comparison that tells you that it's had more than enough appearances.

Guest123_x1

Around the time FR/LG came out, I was actually expecting a Yellow remake as well (as ThunderYellow).
    Remaking Yellow (or Crystal) during the current generation would be infeasible because the new remakes would have compatibility issues with the remakes of other games these third games were originally released with, as we are in Gen. V; FR/LG were Gen. III, and HG/SS were Gen IV.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I for one would love a Pokemon Yellow remake. I think as far as 'third' games go, it is by far the most removed from its original gameset, so it makes way more sense than remaking say, Emerald or Platinum.

I doubt it would ever happen, but I am actually in full support of this idea. They could even have it emulate the anime more than the original Pokemon Yellow did by having Brock and Misty follow you after you defeat their gyms or something? Idk, either way I want the game lol

Nepse

Dragonite<3
    Years
  • In my opinion, it dosen't necessarily need to be a Yellow remake as long as it's a remake of Kanto. I just really want another Gen 1 remake, where Giovanni can get is damn Rhydon and he and the other gym leaders have better movesets.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'm hoping, doubt they'd do it, that they remake Yellow, and Emerald, since they'd be no point having ruby and sapphire, since they're most likely gonna add all the features from Emerald in it, so why not have Yellow and Emerald, it would certainly make alot more buisness for them as well. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back