• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • If someone gave me a list of all hated Pokemon then I could probably list more, but it don't really get too pokemon fandom involved, so I don't know which ones are really hated.

But out of the ones I think are hated, I love bidoof and stunfisk, and emolga (idk if he's hated, I just don't think people like the pikachu clones??).
    Also I saw klefki in the thread. I wouldn't say I love it, but I think it's kinda cute (same as the vannilite line)

Jolteon Dan

Electric Boogaloo
    Years
  • Shedinja -- I used one in the 2006 10th Anniversary Journey Across America tournament, and it saved my life in one battle. If Wonder Guard would give immunity to entry hazards, weather, and status effects (poison and burn especially), it might be at least usable again, but alas that is not the case.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Everyone I know, absolutely hates pikachu!! I love him, lurv him! Even during the anime now at 20 years old, a "pika pika" still makes me laugh or smile and repeat it in a bad impressionist voice.

Ho-Oh isn't one of those legendaries that is universally loved and I get that's because of its rare appearances in the anime. But the moment we first see it in the very first episode, is my all time favourite moment. I think it just shows how majestic a Pokemon can be.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I just recently picked Chikorita in Soulsilver. I love the Pokemon, and dispite it may be difficult when battleing the Gym Leaders, I enjoy my team and think that's what counts. :)

Many popular Pokemon are regarded as a bad choice in a game team. I've used plenty and found awesome movesets for some. Such as Minun, Hoot-Hoot, Pikachu and even a Butterfree and Beautifly. My Ruby team as inspired by May's anime team, so it might of seemed silly having a Beautifly and a Skitty going against the elite 4 but they were actually quite useful :) With them I had a Flygon to even things out. I think any Pokemon can be used in a game-playthough team except maybe Ditto and Shedninja.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    I just recently picked Chikorita in Soulsilver. I love the Pokemon, and dispite it may be difficult when battleing the Gym Leaders, I enjoy my team and think that's what counts. :)

Many popular Pokemon are regarded as a bad choice in a game team. I've used plenty and found awesome movesets for some. Such as Minun, Hoot-Hoot, Pikachu and even a Butterfree and Beautifly. My Ruby team as inspired by May's anime team, so it might of seemed silly having a Beautifly and a Skitty going against the elite 4 but they were actually quite useful :) With them I had a Flygon to even things out. I think any Pokemon can be used in a game-playthough team except maybe Ditto and Shedninja.

I like Chikorita cause it's adorable! While he is a weak starter, on the bright side at least some people are looking for a challenge and have fun using it.

Years
  • Well, I'm not convinced it's hated, but I hardly ever see anyone who likes Vulpix. It was my favorite Pokemon when I was a child, and I still love it today.
    Also, I saw people hate on the Litwick evolutionary line, and I really really like it (like almost all ghost Pokemon). I don't think it's boring for taking the form of an object; quite the opposite, to my mind it's rather entertaining to see an imaginary living creature resemble something else than a kitty/a dog/a mouse/a bird, which is the case with many anime/game mascots.
    Also, Magikarp... it's so pathetic that it's actually likable. And then at level 20 it gets a +200 awesomeness boost when it evolves into Gyarados!
    Also, some people tend to dislike Gardevoir for its... waifuness... But despite all this, I like its design, movepool, Pokedex entries, and would be honored to be he chosen as its trusted trainer.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • ^ I have seen people in real life not liking the litwick line at all too, and I really don't get why. I use chandelure and I like it, I'm not going to pass up the chance of using a floating lamp.

Rainbow-Dash

Premier Polychrome Pegasus
    Years
  • I really like Rotom, especially its mow and heat formes. I think that the fact that it can change type makes it a very versatile Pokemon for challenging gyms and the Elite Four.

Years
  • Everyone will be shocked to hear this... But I don't mind the Trubbish line. I also always thought that the ice cream-y vanilla guys were kinda cool.
    Agreed for both. 5th gen had some of the most interesting additions, IMO. That and 3rd are pretty much tops for me.

Others I like that aren't too well-received: Heatran, Zigzagoon, Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium, and Luvdisc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I really like Dunsparce, Sunflora, and Smeargle. A lot of people don't like them but I love them not only for nostalgic reasons but also I feel they are useful in battle if raised properly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me, it's Dusclops in particular due to how much it helped me on my old file in Ruby. That, and most of the legendaries tend to be some of my personal favorites as well.

Years
  • I really like Dunsparce, Sunflora, and Smeargle. A lot of people don't like them but I love them not only for nostalgic reasons but also I feel they are useful in battle if raised properly.
    Those, too! Although I think Dunsparce gets a certain amount of ironic fandom, kinda like Magikarp.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I actually absolutely adore Trubbish! Everyone seems to cite it for how downhill Pokemon has gone but it's one of my favorites of all time ;u; (and I really adored gen 5 Pokemon overall tbh). It's just really adorable to me overall. And I love Garbodor as well! But Trubbish is my absolute favorite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I don't know if it's hated or just not popular but I like Ariados. Shame it's not all that usable competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    Zubat !
    I really do not understand why people do not like it ..
    i mean i love all the pokemon from the first gen..alot of peopel Became interested into pokemon because of the first season, and zubat was the first pokemon brock caught at Mt. Moon I thought it was a great episode and zubat was pertty cool..
    also zubat have 2 great evolutions - golbat and crobat.
    whats not to like about a flying bat that can poison you? lol
    and in the TCG during the heart gold soul silver you had a really strong crobat prime deck
    and also in Team Plasma you have a pretty good crobat from team plasma deck so you just have to use zubat in thoes decks and i really like the zubat cards in thoes decks..
    i thing its cool that you have competitive decks with pokemon from the 1 gen in till this day.
    anyway..dont hate zubat its a pretty cute and cool pokemon

Years
  • Like the hundreds of people above me, I absolutely LOVE the Zubat line.

Every single Pokemon game I own has a Zubat that has been trained to a Crobat (Either by catching it, or trading an Egg.) In atleast of game per Generation, I have used a Zubat in my main team (Golbat in Gen I.) I think the only reason why people hate Zubat itself is that it is so common, thus making people believe that Zubat's evolution line is terrible. However, not all common Pokemon are weak, such as Tentacruel or Gyarados.

Speaking of Gyarados, I see alot of hate for it with some of my friends, despite it having a great reputation in Competitive. . Like Zubat, I have used a Gyarados atleast once per Generation. I think it is one of the best Physical Water types, along with Kingler and Crawdaunt.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Stunfisk, primarily because its cry makes me chuckle, its face makes me laugh, its typing always seemed cool to me, (only ground electric type woop woop) and its stats are deceptively usable, which has led me to getting some unsuspected victories online in X/Y.

Also Tentacool, whom everyone hates for being the zubat of the seas. Yeah, it's obnoxiously uncommon - but hey, have you looked at Tentacruel's competitive viability???? Water Poison is a pretty good typing, Clear Body and Rain Dish are great abilities, and it's got flippin 515 base stat total. It may appear every six strokes in open water, but it turns into something pretty sweet. (Plus it gets cool moves.)

uoneko

space princess
    Years
  • i know a lot of people who hate miltank, but you'll find her to be much less annoying if you use her on your team than when you have to face off against her at whitney's gym.
    tentacruel is also a great pokemon imo. it has incredible special defense and it's great in battle.

Years
  • Jirachi and Bulbasaur. When I began my first Pokemon journey, it was Bulbasaur (who I had nicknamed Benny) that had been my closest partner from beginning to end. I mean, it's such an underrated species, you know? Also, I really admire the concept of Jirachi. The essential reason it isn't as loved as other legendaries is because of its lower statistics, which are reasonable, just not as high as the other Pokemon's.

Back