• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Are there any Pokemon you love that everyone else seems to hate? Here's mine:

Dedenne
    I always see it being criticized as weak and a Pika-clone, but I've had no problems with it. A very useful addition to my team and also the cutest Pokemon of all time in my opinion, the first time I saw one I knew I wanted to train one.

Diggersby
    Serious, its design isn't that bad at all, it's just a huge bulky dirty rabbit. People seem to base their criticisms entirely on its appearence, but I really don't see what's so bad. Brilliant addition to the team, not just as a HM slave, but it can learn fighting and ground type moves, it's one of my favourites of Gen 6. I really feel like the only person in the world who loves this Pokemon sometimes.

Chikorita
    It seems to be regarded as one of the all time worst starter Pokemon. Once you get past its type disadvantages early in its original games, it's a great fighter. I always pick Grass type Pokemon as my starter on my first playthrough of each game and I got really attatched to Chikorita. Absolutely adorable and evolves into my only other level 100 Pokemon ever Meganium (first was Venusaur). A very underrated starter Pokemon.

Zubat
    People hate this Pokemon because of how common it is in the wild, but catch one and raise it and it's a very useful addition to your team. In Gold then HeartGold, I raised a Zubat to a Crobat and it becomes one of my all time favourite Pokemon.

Emboar
    Another much hated on starter Pokemon, for the sole reason that it's the 3rd Fire/Fighter starter in a row. I had no problems with it in Black 2, from the cute little Tepig, to the bulky badass Emboar, I had no problems with it, it's one of my favourite Gen 5 Pokemon.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Yup, Chikorita, Emboar and Dedenne I like them :) My starter in BW was Tepig

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Rotom, particularly Wash Forme. It's Wash that's my favourite of the Rotom formes that earned a bad reputation.

Just play an OU tier game and use one. Enjoy the rage~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I genuinely believe that the Vanilluxe and Garbodor families were the most creative and inspired pokémon of the fifth generation.

Zubat
    People hate this Pokemon because of how common it is in the wild, but catch one and raise it and it's a very useful addition to your team. In Gold then HeartGold, I raised a Zubat to a Crobat and it becomes one of my all time favourite Pokemon.

Iknorite? I've always loved the Zubat family as far back as GenI when they weren't very competitively viable and was delighted when Crobat happened. Crobat is still to this day my all-time favorite pokémon.

I'd also mention Tentacruel for the same reasons. People get frustrated with seeing wild tentacool that they dismiss it as a weak pokémon, but Tentacruel has been OU for several generations now.

Emboar
    Another much hated on starter Pokemon, for the sole reason that it's the 3rd Fire/Fighter starter in a row. I had no problems with it in Black 2, from the cute little Tepig, to the bulky badass Emboar, I had no problems with it, it's one of my favourite Gen 5 Pokemon.

I wouldn't equate being the least popular of its trio to being outright hated. Nobody hates Torterra or Sceptile either...they just kinda forget they exist. XD

Years
    Here's my fave "hated" Pokemon:

I feel sorry for Vanilluxe, or the entire Vanillite line in general. The thing's so cute and it's one of my fave Ice-type lines, but people think they're uncreative for being "ice creams" but they really need to learn how good this thing's stats are. Its BST is on par with Lapras!

Delphox is my second fave of the Kalos starters (behind Greninja obviously) but I really get pissed at people saying it's too feminine or it's "boring" compared to Braixen, but they should seriously know that Delphox is supposed to be based on the mage class in traditional RPGs.

Another one I see hated a lot by people who say inanimate objects as Pokemon are "uncreative". Klefki is actually really fun to use, it can annoy the hell out of its foes with Prankster and its typing gives it loads of resistances.

People think Diggersby is an ugly, drunk rabbit. But I actually love how it was blessed with such an awesome hidden ability in Huge Power, it means we finally have an early Normal-type rodent that is actually pretty usable in competitive play. While not exactly OU material, it can still hit pretty hard. And outside of battle, it's a decent HM slave and also a great Pickup user when you want some free items.

And also every Pika-clone. I don't get why those cuties get hated when they're actually so adorable, especially when they're in the anime. I'm serious, they really are cute.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    One I can think of right now is Klefki. I have never understood the hate for inanimate object pokes that has existed since Gen 1. People complain that its "uncreative" or "not a Pokémon" (as if they get to decide what is creative or what constitutes a Pokémon). *sigh* People, Klefki is ♥♥♥♥ing hilarious:

People are just jealous of Mr. Jingles's swag.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    ZZZUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
    I honestly don't see why people hate my most favorite flying and poison type bat pokemon. I always had one on my team; From Generation 1's red and blue version to generation 6 X and Y versions.

I dont know if Krickitot and Kricketune are hated or not but i like them. their unique to me.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    Mega Charizard X. Much cooler design than its equivalent in Y.

I actually like Delphox more than Chesnaught and Greninja. Especially because it broke a certain infamous streak.

I also like Crobat a lot.
    One last thing....

Diggersby tho?

Years
    ZZZUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
    I honestly don't see why people hate my most favorite flying and poison type bat pokemon. I always had one on my team; From Generation 1's red and blue version to generation 6 X and Y versions.

I dont know if Krickitot and Kricketune are hated or not but i like them. their unique to me.

Yes, I really have no idea why no one likes Zubat. No, really, I seriously dont get it, so weird right?

One I can think of right now is Klefki. I have never understood the hate for inanimate object pokes that has existed since Gen 1. People complain that its "uncreative" or "not a Pokémon" (as if they get to decide what is creative or what constitutes a Pokémon). *sigh* People, Klefki is ♥♥♥♥ing hilarious:

People are just jealous of Mr. Jingles's swag.

I love Klefki, a little key looking guy collecting keys. :D

Seems like a lot of people dislike this little guy.

I really like him/her/it.
    I am not fond of girly Pokemon, pink pokemon etc, but it's cute, I really like it :D

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
    I think my top three are all unpopular :"c

Pichu: due to hype of it at times, and of course baby pokemon are under utilized in many ways

Klefki: basically overlooked due to it only having one form, methinks

Buizel: Too many people look down on this little guy because of stats

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Chansey is disliked by many; when going up against it, it could be quite a pain. I personally love it because, well, it's pretty fun to use. Had it on my team before plenty of times, and it never disappointed me. n_n;; Same goes for every other walls, such as Blissey, Skarmory, Swampert, and Suicune. Aside from these, I also like Cresselia. It's not really hated or anything, but it is very underrated; people just don't utilize it as much. It's extremely powerful, though, and could become impossible to stop after one Calm Mind.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I am quite fond of Noctowl and Crobat. I finally used Crobat in one of my pokemon gold playthroughs and I instantly fell in love with it and felt bad for dissing Zubat/Golbat all the time. And then nobody seems to like Noctowl and I don't know why. It's my second favortie flying type (that doesn't have a dragon typing as well).

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
    Arcanine,

I don't know why but my friends not even consider taking Arcanine. May be Because Gary had one perhaps Because of that Pokedex entry?

Although I think the opposite, I just somehow find Arcanine even cool looking than Suicune or Entei.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Watchog!! m #1 favorite - I keep hearing that "it's horrible design - bad stats - only good for 1st gym, terrible after - freaked out by it's eyes"... I just love that Pokemon so much, and being a normal type it can learn attacks from other types (I was very surprised the day I learned it could use flamethrower, early in April)... not sure why other's hate it's eyes, I find them cute.

It has helped me out a lot in battles, gym leaders, and Elite 4 took down Lysandre's Mega Gyarados and Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. It's always welcomed in my teams. Many times it can't be missing.

I'm very use to everyone saying all bad stuff about cute Watchog, I don't take none of that bad criticism personally and I"m happy to be one of it's few rare fans.

edit: I could probably add the remainder of the "Early Normal Types" (Rattata/Raticat, Sentret/Furret, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Bidoof/Bibarel, Patrat, and Bunnelby/Diggersby) I know that similar too "bad stats" and "only good for 1st gym, then get rid of" also fits in for the rest, even if others find them horrible by design I just "love them to death".

Last edited:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I like Garbodor. The reasons for hating this is pretty obvious: it's based on trash. It's also not very good in battle. Originally I liked it because I felt bad for all the hate against it when it was first revealed, but now Garbodor has really grown on me and I started liking him for real now. :3c

Years
    I like Garbodor. The reasons for hating this is pretty obvious: it's based on trash. It's also not very good in battle. Originally I liked it because I felt bad for all the hate against it when it was first revealed, but now Garbodor has really grown on me and I started liking him for real now. :3c

This. Turkey from Marriland's Black Wedlocke wins so hard. :D Those that don't watch his videos, it was a Garbodor that replaced his dead Carracosta and at first he REALLY didn't want to use it, but felt it was the exact thing he needed to save him from Marshal, since half his team was weak to Fighting. It did more than just that. It rocked out loud in the final battles.

As for me? One Pokémon I want to mention is Druddigon. It's slow, sure, but has some very interesting toys to play with. Three great abilities (Rough Skin maybe not so much, but that can be fun with Rocky Helmet), and a cool movepool. Its defenses are above average, and I find it decent to use when I do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Well... I'm tempted to mention Zubat too, but like many, what I really like is Crobat and Zubat is just the first step along the way. But just because it does evolve into the mighty, mighty Crobat, I sort of like it. And as mentioned already, the same goes for Tentacool. Yes it's sort of annoying, but Tentacruel more than makes up for it.

I'm not sure if I have any favorites that are truly "hated" (though it's pokemon - whatever you name, you can find somebody somewhere who hates it, and given the chance will tell you all about how much he hates it). More it seems that I have favorites that are just sort of neglected. Like Hariyama. And Leavanny. And Camerupt. And Walrein.

I guess maybe Gardevoir? It became my favorite Hoenn pokemon early on, just because I really wanted a Psychic that was a bit bulkier than Zam and that didn't need a trade to evolve, and that's exactly what it is. Then the whole sexualization thing took off, then the predictable backlash happened, but all the way though it all, I just liked, and still like, having a Psychic that's a bit bulkier than Zam and doesn't need a trade to evolve.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    Rotom, particularly Wash Forme. It's Wash that's my favourite of the Rotom formes that earned a bad reputation.

Just play an OU tier game and use one. Enjoy the rage~

Who does NOT use Rotom wash in battles, I swear 50% of the people I battle have a wash Rotom. I like Hariyama and Escalivier. I don't think they are hated but there not exactly liked either.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2014
    I like all these pokemon, but I'm not a big fan of chikorita's look. I also kind of hate dedenne. I just don't prefer it over other pokemon.

Back