• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokerus Luck

Clusterfudge

Explosive-licious
Years
  • So a few days ago when I was grabbing a buttload of Ducklett wings, my Pokemon in Pokemon Black were infected with the Pokerus, I don't have wi-fi, so I was extremely lucky to get it this way. Now, just two minutes ago, I was grinding at the Petalburg Woods on Pokemon Sapphire, and I have been infected with the Pokerus

... My brother is hating me right now :D :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have it in all of the Pokemon games. The reason why is because I had caught it in Pokemon Ruby, so I spreaded all of my Pokemon with it and then kept trading them from sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver and now Pokemon White, so its like all of the Pokemon now have Pokerus :D

:t354:TG

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Never had it, and yet I've run into six shinies. Then again, Pokerus is suppose to be rarer but still, you think with my thousands of hours I would have had it at least once.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Good find. Last time I had active PokeRus was in gen III, when a friend of mine traded me a Lanturn with it. But at the time, I thought it was bad. XD So I didn't try infecting all my good Pokemon with it. In Gen V, I have two Pokemon that were traded to me that ~had~ PokeRus, but are over it now. :( Oh well. I don't EV train, so I don't need it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I usually get lucky in general when I don't expect it. I've never expected to get pokerus when I first got it. When I got Pokerus in Ruby for the very first time I was very surprised.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Nice find! My friend got PokéRus a month or something ago when we were replaying Ruby and Sapphire, and it was while we were EV training, so we were very thrilled. I got PokéRus myself when I got an infected Charizard on the GTS,.

Years
  • I found it in Ruby AGES ago, and had no idea what the heck it was. I wasn't paying attention when the nurse woman told me about it so I though my pokemon were ill and released all of the 'infected' pokemon. I blamed it all on a Surskit. -.- I got it off GTS this time around, now that I have it on my Black version.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I got it back in Emerald when I didn't understand what it was. :/ I also got it when I was playing on an unsavable file in White Version.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I got pokerus TWICE by normal mean. Guess I'm twice lucky than ypurs.

Years
  • I got Pokerus when I was looking for a Magic Guard Sigilyph in Desert Resort...It was a good thing,but damn!I was doing EV training without even realizing my Pokemon were infected by Pokerus..So I miscounted some EV points. :O

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was lucky enough to get Pokerus in Diamond, Ruby and Platinum. I managed to spread the Pokerus from Platinum to HG/SS.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I randomly got Pokérus a few years ago in Platinum.
    Fortunately, I've got plenty of infected pokémon in Diamond, SoulSilver, and White, so it's not like I have to worry about not having pokérus.

Years
  • I got pokerus in black shortly after starting it and was thrilled. Also I restarted sapphire recently and once again just got the pokerus. I was rather happy about it though I don't really EV train so its more novelty then anything else.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Never had Pokérus naturally. I had to resort to trading to get them. Once I got it, though, the rest is history.

Years
  • I was actually unlucky in getting Pokerus the other day. I started up a new file on Heart Gold, but wasn't paying attention about the part where you can't overwrite a saved game. I ended up catching a Geodude with Pokerus within a half-hour of starting. I was not happy when I finally realized that I wasn't going to be able to save my file...

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • It's rarer than a shiny? Really? I've gotten it in Emerald twice (I restart it every so often to do challenges and whatnot), Diamond, and Platinum on separate occasions, I mean I could just transfer it but I don't have a second DS, guess I'm more luckier than I thought

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm quite lucky with Pokerus, catching it in Platinum, Soul Silver, and White. In each game I keep an infected Pokemon in the box so I can spread it if I ever need to train something again.

Somehow I get lucky with both Pokerus and shinies. Go figure xD

Back